NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE IDEA: Under Duress or Under Arrest?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

ISSUE IDEA: Under Duress or Under Arrest?

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:34 am

So for those of you who don't know, soverign citizens (as they're known in the USA) or Freemen on the Land (as they're known in the Commonwealth) are a bunch of fruit loops who think that the law does not apply to them. This is especially the case when they're driving as they apply ancient, onsolete laws to explain why they don't need to show their licence to police when operating vehicle. If I'm not mistaking, they also don't recognise the authority of courts. Yes, they're dead serious. If you're looking for something to do whilst under lockdown, looking up soverign citizens on YouTube will give you a pretty good laugh. One of them in the USA threatened to report the cop to Donald Trump

[title] Under Duress or Under Arrest

[desc] Just as you were about to take a tea break, an angry man sneaks in through your window and demands to have a meeting with you.

[validity] must allow cars, must be capitalist, must be a democracy

[option] "@@LEADER@@, I was pulled over for going 100 in a 50 zone last night, and a police officer demanded to see my driver's licence." Complains the man in question, whilst trying to read to you from a book titled "Fake cops are lying scum- Know your rights!" "That speed limit only applies to drivers. That illegal police officer, Jack Jackson, badge number 667153, tried to detain me and told me that I was driving a car. But I wasn't driving a car, I was travelling in a motor vehicle. Driving laws only to me if I'm travelling for commercial purposes, but I wasn't. I only showed that illegal police officer my licence because I was under duress because he was threatening to arrest me. That "police officer" worked for a corporation and not a de jure government! But don't worry, I filmed the whole thing! Watch it and punish him!" He proceeds to show you the film.
[effect] refusing to consent to punishment will excuse all driving violations

[option] "@@LEADER@@, that man is a freeman on the land or sovereign citizen!" explains @@RANDOMNAME@@, your police minister, who came into to borrow a stapler. "A group of people who think that the law doesn't apply to them. When I used to work out on the lines, I used to get these pests all the time. They should be stamped out immediately and we should have the right to smash their windows, drag them out of the car and arrest them as soon as they refuse to comply!"
[effect] police officers will damage the property of anyone who asks to see their badge
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:49 am

[desc] Just as you were about to take a tea break, an angry man sneaks in through your window and demands to have a meeting with you.

Let's not do that approach.

Let's have the dilemma in place before the [desc] ends, as otherwise I've already hit the delete button on your submission.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Return to Got Issues?