NATION

PASSWORD

[Q]Clarification on warning.

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Q]Clarification on warning.

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:23 pm

I was just warned for referring to Meghan Markle as “Meagain”. Markle is, to the best of my knowledge, not a political figure. She’s a royal. Is the political nicknaming rule extending to royal members of royal families too? Clarify please.

viewtopic.php?p=36927907#p36927907
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I was just warned for referring to Meghan Markle as “Meagain”. Markle is, to the best of my knowledge, not a political figure. She’s a royal. Is the political nicknaming rule extending to royal members of royal families too? Clarify please.

Please bear with us as we discuss this.

Thanks!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:55 pm

Santheres wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I was just warned for referring to Meghan Markle as “Meagain”. Markle is, to the best of my knowledge, not a political figure. She’s a royal. Is the political nicknaming rule extending to royal members of royal families too? Clarify please.

Please bear with us as we discuss this.

Thanks!

Sure thing.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 pm

After much discussion, we will be walking this back to an unofficial warning for trolling. Political nicknaming is debatable given the subject's removal from duties, and whether or not royals are political figures; in my mind, they absolutely are but I can see the debate possible. It is also not truly a distinct violation from trolling, just a specific type.

However, this is ultimately of little consequence as the statement was still an inflammatory one with no other additive content, thus it appears its entire point was to inflame, thus generically trolling if on the lighter side.

Your warning is removed, let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:15 pm

Santheres wrote:After much discussion, we will be walking this back to an unofficial warning for trolling. Political nicknaming is debatable given the subject's removal from duties, and whether or not royals are political figures; in my mind, they absolutely are but I can see the debate possible. It is also not truly a distinct violation from trolling, just a specific type.

However, this is ultimately of little consequence as the statement was still an inflammatory one with no other additive content, thus it appears its entire point was to inflame, thus generically trolling if on the lighter side.

Your warning is removed, let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification.
Slava Ukraini

Return to Moderation