NATION

PASSWORD

The Second Space Race | [SIGN-UP CLOSED][RP DISCUSSION]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Founded: Dec 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Second Space Race | [SIGN-UP CLOSED][RP DISCUSSION]

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:14 pm

WELCOME TO THE SECOND AGE OF EXPLORATION
Theme Music Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMJl48GPxeY

[]After a recent breakthrough in military technology, Tibet announced its intention to establish the first permanent human colony on Mars. Following this proclamation, many other nations across the globe have decided to outdo Tibet or to sabotage their efforts. No matter whose banner it be under, If this scramble for Mars succeeds then mankind will take it's first real dive into the final frontier.

To join this Space Race, simply post that you'll be flying on this mission to Mars. If you are representing a country which exists on Planet Reality, please specify in your post which country you'll be standing in for. (EX: Aoteraroa will be RPing as New Zealand). We look forward to having you onboard, so if you have any questions please let us know. Thank you![]

EDIT: RP registration is now closed. This board will remain semi-open for discussion.
Last edited by Nestorian Tibet on Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
God be with You,
President Khando Nepali, Steward of Tsenpo Yökhan VI of Tibet

Nestorian Tibet

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:44 pm

1. What's the year?
2. What if we want to try and stop the space race altogether rather than compete in it?
3. How do you know/suspect that humans in this roleplay will adapt to life on Mars (the planet, not the BBC's bloody excellent police drama from fifteen years ago)?
4. Spoiler your images - they're pretty big, come to think of it...
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:20 am

This seems promising enough. Looking forward to seeing Tinhampton's questions answered.

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:26 am

Tinhampton wrote:1. What's the year?
2. What if we want to try and stop the space race altogether rather than compete in it?
3. How do you know/suspect that humans in this roleplay will adapt to life on Mars (the planet, not the BBC's bloody excellent police drama from fifteen years ago)?
4. Spoiler your images - they're pretty big, come to think of it...

1.(A) The year is 2022.
2. (A) You can roleplay a saboteur or as several saboteurs if you want to.
3. (A) I don't know that yet, which is why the initial phase of the RP will likely not be getting to Mars, but developing solutions to potential problems before the Mars missions (I.E. Deployable Enclosed Environments), then we'll get to Mars colonization. Of course, you can go ahead and send a team to the red planet, but that might prove disastrous.
4. (A) I'll make sure to spoiler the images.
Last edited by Nestorian Tibet on Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Romanov Alyaska
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanov Alyaska » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:33 am

Sounds like my cup of joe, so I guess I'm in.

The United States of Nuclear Weapons
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Nuclear Weapons » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:40 pm

The USUSNW will join as The US (or what's left of it...)

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:19 pm

I wonder if someone will join as China?
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:13 am

The United States of Nuclear Weapons wrote:The USUSNW will join as The US (or what's left of it...)

I'm guessing by the name of Romanov Alyaska that you'd be playing as a 49-State US?
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Romanov Alyaska
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanov Alyaska » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:40 am

The United States of Nuclear Weapons wrote:The USUSNW will join as The US (or what's left of it...)

Right, Alaska's probably not going to be a US State in this RP.

Imperial Anahuac
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Anahuac » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:24 pm

I'll join as Mexico.

Kazakah
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:28 am

Kazakah will join as Canada on a mission to mars
✸ THE EMPIRE OF KAZAKAH ✸
Ulhadyy Kazakah!

The United States of Nuclear Weapons
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Nuclear Weapons » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:28 am

Nestorian Tibet wrote:

I'm guessing by the name of Romanov Alyaska that you'd be playing as a 49-State US?

Yes, and no. Alaska will be "Russian" property, but we shall occupy Cuba as a semi-transitional state.

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 am

The United States of Nuclear Weapons wrote:
Nestorian Tibet wrote:I'm guessing by the name of Romanov Alyaska that you'd be playing as a 49-State US?

Yes, and no. Alaska will be "Russian" property, but we shall occupy Cuba as a semi-transitional state.

That sounds good.

Also, I'd like to see if we can find someone to RP as the People's Republic of China before April 9th.
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Kazakah
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazakah » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:11 am

Nestorian Tibet wrote:
The United States of Nuclear Weapons wrote:Yes, and no. Alaska will be "Russian" property, but we shall occupy Cuba as a semi-transitional state.

That sounds good.

Also, I'd like to see if we can find someone to RP as the People's Republic of China before April 9th.

I can RP as China instead if you'd like.
✸ THE EMPIRE OF KAZAKAH ✸
Ulhadyy Kazakah!

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:31 am

Kazakah wrote:
Nestorian Tibet wrote:That sounds good.

I can RP as China instead if you'd like.

Very well.

In order to keep interest in this RP high for everyone involved, I'm going to close Sign-up soon. Anyone else who'd like to join should do so before 6:00, Eastern Standard Time, US.
Last edited by Nestorian Tibet on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Ojima
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:25 pm

I'll join, too. By the way, Ojima is supposed to be Japanese Australia.

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:19 am

Prepare for takeoff!

The official thread for "The Second Space Race" will open tomorrow! If anyone came across this thread and is still interested in joining, please contact me by telegram before 10pm (US) Eastern Standard Time tonight. Everyone else, prepare for the final frontier, Han shot first, and may the Force be with you.

Last edited by Nestorian Tibet on Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Nestorian Tibet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nestorian Tibet » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:34 am

Good Day, Space Explorers! The official thread has just been opened. I shall provide a wormhole to the RP here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=483339 Prepare for takeoff!
God be with You,

Nestorian Tibet

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents