NATION

PASSWORD

Bebefront Attacks! (MT, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Bebefront Attacks! (MT, Open)

Postby Ghant » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:00 am

“The problem of leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?"
–Frank Herbert, The God Emperor of Dune

WARNING
The following thread may contain scenes of implied adult situations. Reader discretion is advised.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:13 am

"Bebefront Attacks!"
A Temple in a Cave
Somewhere in Ghant

(Recommended listening, to get you in the mood!)

The temple filled a staggering vastness deep within the earth. The colossal subterranean temple had been carved out of a solid mass of rock. A vaulting cathedral-like ceiling was supported by rows of carved stone columns. Balconies overlooked the temple floor. Pillared halls lead to dark side chambers. Moving out of these chambers, hundreds of faithful worshippers chanted as they entered the temple.

Giant stone statues of mammoths, dragons and demi-gods (half/man, half/animal monstrosities) loomed above the swelling crowds or worshippers, down on their hands and knees, prostrating themselves in prayer. As the wind howled through the cavernous space above the temple, the worshippers chanted in response to the strange music emanating from several sets of drums.

The mysterious cult below bowed toward an enormous altar at the far end of the temple. The altar was a platform jutting out from the stone wall of the cavern. Separating the worshippers from this altar was a wide crevasse out of which wisps of smoke rose occasionally.

On the other side of the crevasse, evil-looking priests materialized out of clouds of swirling smoke. The priests carried smoke-billowing urns to a giant stone statue. He was the great protector of the temple, the magnificent, unrivaled, omnipotent object of the cult's devotion: the God-Emperor Bebe.

The red-eyed priests bowed at the base of the statue and gazed reverently at their Bebe. Skulls surrounded his stone feet, carved serpents twisted up his legs, while around his waist there was a gruesome belt of human hands. Naked to the hips, Bebe's chiseled chest was flanked by muscular arms. In one hand, he held a sword, in the second the severed head of an enemy. With his stern visage he encouraged his worshipers, who were chanting louder and louder.

A huge gong sounded three times and the chanting stopped. The silence was chilling as another robed figure appeared out of some dark corner, appearing on the altar. This was Molag, the High Priest of the Cult of Bebe. Molag’s red-rimmed eyes glared from the sunken sockets in his sinister face. Here was a man who looked as vile and diabolic as the god rising behind him.

As the gong boomed three times more, Molag lifted one arm up from his emaciated body and suddenly there was a scream. All heads turned toward an unfortunate, struggling man beginning to be dragged out by priests. The man's face and body were wildly painted. He screamed again as he was tied onto a square iron frame lying atop a large flat stone.

Molag stepped forward to the stretched-out victim and the man looked up into the High Priest's grotesque face. Molag extended his hand up to Bebe, and began to chant, “Bebe…Bebe…Bebe…” suddenly Molag's hand shot out toward the man's chest, and pierced it. The High Priest’s hand sank into the victim's writing body and ripped out his living heart.

The bloody heart was still beating in Molag’s hand while the unfortunate victim screamed in panic and agony. He lifted the heart into the air and the worshippers began the chant. “Pray to Bebe, Pray to Bebe.”

Stranger still, the sacrificial victim was still alive. There was no evidence of a gash on his chest, only a reddish mark. The priests added chains to the iron frame and carried the victim over towards a hoist hanging over the crevasse. The man thrashed about helplessly on the iron frame as it was upended and then lowered with the victim hanging face down.

As the sacrificial victim looked down into the crevasse below, he screamed as he saw the molten lava bubbling crimson at the bottom of the chasm! The bloody heart continued to beat in Molag’s hand, and the molten lava burned and flickered as the screaming victim was lowered deeper into the crevasse.

The weird paint on the victim's face started to smoke and sizzle, the man's skin blistered as he was lowered within feet of the lava. His flesh smoked and he screamed one last time as his body burst into flame. The iron frame sank and submerged into the boiling fiery lava.

Above the crevasse, Molag continued to hold the heart in his hand. The heart was smoking and burst into flames, before it disappeared. The iron frame was raised out of the lava, the metal glowing like a branding iron, but there was no trace of the sacrificed
victim.

“Pray to Bebe, pray to Bebe,” the multitude of scantly-clad minions chanted in their hands and knees. Molag raised both hands and his voice echoed strange incantations. At that moment, the eyes of the Bebe statue began to glow with a white light, causing everyone, including Molag, to stand in silence staring at the effigy of their God.

“Long have I heard your prayers,” a deep, bellowing voice filled the chamber, as if it were coming from the stone walls themselves. “Only now do I deign to speak. The time has come to fulfill my destiny. You are my faithful servants, and you have served me well. The time has come to bring the world under my rule. Any who refuse to submit to me shall be destroyed. Tell this truth to the world, and share with them the nature of my godhood. Your rivals will kneel at your feet if you will but kneel at mine.”

At that, Molag dropped to both knees, his body shaking. His whole life he had strived to serve the great Bebe, and sacrificed many to him in the hopes that he’d answer his prayers. At last he did, and now a new purpose was upon him. “Pray to Bebe,” he said to the statue, while the rest of them echoed, “Pray to Bebe, pray to Bebe.”

Bebe said nothing else, and his glowing eyes began to dim once more, until the light was gone, and all that remained was Bebe’s stern visage. At that moment, Molag rose to his feet, and cried out to his minions. “Followers of Bebe, our God-Emperor has spoken. All of mankind has been called upon to submit, and if they refuse, they shall be destroyed. We shall bring chaos and woe to all who denounce the God-Emperor of mankind.”

“Pray to Bebe, pray to Bebe,” chanted the minions, in awe at what they had witnessed.

“Now rise, warriors of Bebe, and prepare for war!” At those words, the minions, a few hundred strong, all stood up from the cave floor, and while still chanting “Pray to Bebe, pray to Bebe,” they began to raise their fists into the air. “Pray to Bebe, pray to Bebe…pray to Bebe, pray to Bebe…”

And thus, Bebefront was born.

OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM THE BEBE BATTALION!

Greetings. This is an official message of the Beberont, the Bebe Battalion's Board of Command, addressed directly to the Governments of the World. Our organization is officially disgusted by the lack of submission of people to the God-Emperor Bebe; and by the fact that Bebe is being denied fundamental rights of authority over the world, of his infallibility and his right to rule all mankind. This disgusting act of defiance cannot stand.

Our organization views so called "terrorism" as nothing else than the final act of Bebe’s wrath against those who refuse to submit to his rule. Our organization wishes to issue a call to every international human rights agency to determine "why did it happen"? Why would destruction be visited upon civilization, with innocents suffering? The answer lies in the fact that only total and complete submission to Bebe can save a lost soul, yearning for direction and authority. It is not the government, it has to be said, it is the entire society that refuses to accept the likes of him and us; and thus, the entire society has to pay. The attack is viewed by us as fully justified.

Should world governments refuse to deny their backwards ways and permit a cultural guidance to replace their backwards ways with total and complete submission to Bebe, our organization will start considering entire governments and societies by extension - as targets. Additionally, our organization will refer to the World Assembly and international aid organizations, calling for a punitive operation against these false, backwards institutions. Rest assured the international community will fail, however our bombs and guns will not.

Let it be known, nations of the world. We are everywhere, and we are ready to pay you back for refusal to submit to Bebe. We will get your people, we will kill them, we will make them bend the knee or they will be destroyed.

If you’ve ever had any of the following thoughts, then submission to Bebe might be right for you:

I'm in love with Bebe and I don't know how to tell him.
I want to hang around the outside of Bebe’s house until he comes out.
I want to google Bebe’s name to find out about what Bebe did in high school.
I want to pay attention to what Bebe orders at the coffee shop, and start buying it everyday in hopes of starting up a conversation with Bebe.
I want to read the books I see Bebe carrying around with him.
I want to learn to play pool so that I can go to the bar where Bebe plays every Tuesday night and impress him.
I want to drink Bebe’s brand of beer.
I want to play Bebe’s favorite song on the juke box.
I want to wear a perfume that Bebe once complimented on another woman.
I want to call Bebe up on the telephone and hang up when god answers.
I want to use a picture of Bebe as the desktop image on my computer.
I want to write Bebe’s name all over the inside of my notebooks.
I want to talk to Bebe for 20 seconds and think about nothing else for weeks.
I want to work where Bebe works.
I want to live where Bebe lives.
I want Bebe to rule the world.
I do not want Bebe to smite me.

Over the course of the next several months, Bebefront began to unleash its reign of terror upon the world. From cities to towns, mountains to plains and from deserts to jungles, the acolytes of Bebe trained and transitioned from mere minions into terrorists. Knives and daggers became guns and bombs, and where once they were poor and underground, now they were rich and in the forefront of world affairs. The banners of Bebe were planted in all the corners of the world, and the average person lived in terror at the mere thought of a Bebefront attack.

BEBEFRONT

Bebefront, also known as the Bebeist Revolutionary Front, is a terrorist organization that arose out of an earlier group of similar ideology called the Cult of Bebe, after the group received a divine revelation from the God-Emperor Bebe. The group is officially claiming to be fighting for submission to Bebe, though in fact, its ideology goes far further than that. It is responsible for recent attacks in Ghant and Belisaria as well as assassination of several tourists.

Group's ideology is based on the belief that all of mankind must submit to the God-Emperor Bebe. Those who submit to Bebe receive salvation, his blessings and a new purpose in life. Those who refuse are destroyed, with Bebefront claiming that the God-Emperor himself reserves the power to smite anyone at will.

The ideology can be summarized as follows:

- That at the begging of human history humanity lived in unrestricted free communities, where Bebe ruled supreme among ancient man. His worship was unrestricted by nothing. Primitive civilizations even inherited that, with various ancient societies worshipping power, omnipotent beings that were clearly diluted versions of Bebe.

- Growth of civilization made rulers seek new ways of controlling people. New rulers in societies enabled priests who formed laws that restricted worship to certain deities in order to increase control over society. Many of these Gods were artificial, carrying messages that these ancient rulers and their priests manufactured to carry the message they wanted conveyed in their societies.

- Chief among these were the Abrahamic religions, which started spreading around the world, solidifying with various monarchs and giving them new means for control. For thousands of years people who remained true to the God-Emperor Bebe were pushed into the underground by the emerging Abrahamic religious complex.

- Recent decay of religion is prime chance for Bebe worshippers to emerge and destroy the Abrahamic religious complex. Since it is a social and cultural structure, a cultural revolution needs to take place to force the cultures influenced by it to forcefully progress and accept Bebe. This has to be accomplished by force.

- Bebe deserves vengeance for millennia of lack of submission by mankind and for refusing to recognize his right to rule all of mankind.

- The Abrahamic religious complex alongside the culture and society it created needs to be ultimately destroyed. Any person who contributes to sacrilege against Bebe, despite not taking part in it itself but by merely preaching it, is a target. This includes churches, politicians, etc.

- Family unit as creation of Abrahamic religious complex needs to be abolished alongside with every religion that condemns Bebe, since there is only one family, Bebe’s, and he is the one true God.

- Once the Abrahamic religious complex is destroyed, a free society will emerge for the first time in several centuries, one in which Bebe rules supreme.

The group adopted a philosophy of "Centralized Strategy, Decentralized Tactics", with role of the Bebefront General Council (composed of thirteen people, believed to be living a cave in Ghant) being purely reduced to formulating political ideology and general strategy; every action on the local level is carried by Independent structures. Bebefront has several local "branches", each of them in a separate geographical area (Bebefront in Ghant, Bebefront in Belisaria, Bebefront in Ochran etc.) having their own local commands. Basic unit that Bebefront uses for carrying the attacks is a three to five man cell known as Bebefront action team, each of them operating separately and not knowing members of other cells; only commanders know people responsible for networking. Such cell is supposed to operate on its own, having full initiative but giving priority to targets selected by the Branch Council. Group is especially well known for targeting civilians - believing that Bebe has the right for revenge and that any person that contributes to sacrilege is guilty. It is also often involved in criminal activities to finance itself - especially drugs, prostitution (often underage), arms trafficking, etc. The group's members frequently attempt to infiltrate several right-wing groups to make them support their agenda.

Since Bebefront is a decentralized organization, and many of the branches are de facto separate groups using the same brand, the possibility exists for nations to have a Bebefront group of their own, based in their nations. Details on these Bebefront branches remain to be revealed.

Code: Select all
[[list][b]BEBEFRONT BRANCH A[/b]

[*] [b]Nation Name[/b]:

[*] [b]Population[/b]:

[*] [b]General political and social stance on Bebe[/b]:

[*] [b]Political atmosphere[/b]:

[*] [b]Name of Bebefront Cell[/b]:

[*] [b]Number of members[/b]:

[*] [b]Composition of the Branch Command (with codenames)[/b]:

[*] [b]Number & Types of Bebefront Action Teams (hunter - killer, finance, counter - intelligence, sniping, etc)[/b]:

[*] [b]Social & Political support[/b]:

[*] [b]Status of Group's finances, Criminal connections[/b]:

[*] [b]Threat Level & Targets[/b]:

[*] [b]RP Sample[/b]:
[/list]

NETWORKS

- Bebefront in Ghant

- Bebe Battalion

- Bebefront in Belisaria

- Bebefront in Ochran

- Bebefront in Scipia

- Bebefront in Norumbia

- Bebefront in Oxidentale

- Bebefront in Malaio

- The Bebe Brigade

- Bebefront in Gholgoth

- Bebefront in Cornellia

- Bebefront in Greater Dienstad

ATTACKS SO FAR

- Attack on Ghantish churches & movie theaters

- Slaughter of tourists

- Attacks on Churches in Belisaria

- Kidnapping of merchant vessels

- Shooting down commercial Airliners.

- Attack on marriage ball in Generic Kingdom.

Several Years Later
A Temple in a Cave
Somewhere in Ghant

Molag was once the High Priest of the Cult of Bebe. Now he was the Supreme Commander of Bebefront. Before he wore the robes of a priest, now he wore a uniform in the fashion of a military officer. Once he dined on worms, rats and woodland creatures, now he supped on fanciful feasts fit for a king. Before Molag lay the riches of Bebefront, including a vast fortune of gold, money, weapons, ammunition, and technology that fueled Bebefront’s propaganda machine.

Yet he felt no closer to accomplishing his mission than when he started. The efforts of Bebefront yielded only marginal gains, if any. Instead of mankind embracing Bebe through fear and violence, they turned further away from him, viewing the God-Emperor as the ultimate enemy, whose followers were delusional fanatics hell-bent on perpetrating terror and inflicting misery.

In spite of that, Molag was satisfied with the power and wealth that he had cultivated himself, in the name of Bebe. He was the leader of a massive terrorist organization that acted on his beck and call. He was in the news, and his very name, “Supreme Commander Molag” inspired fear. Men both old and young flocked to Bebefront and swelled their ranks. There was no shortage of women that wanted to warm his bed either, truly a reward from Bebe for leal service.

As time went on, Molag began to view Bebefront’s ultimate goal as unattainable, with the realization setting in that in the end, most people would simply refuse to submit to Bebe, and that destroying all of those people was an impossible task. So, Molag thought, why not take pride in what had already been accomplished? Enjoy the fruits of his labor, and appreciate the niche that he had carved out in the world.

Molag contemplated these thoughts as he was alone in his office, until the roaring silence was simply too much to bear. At that point, he rose from his chair and ventured out into the cave. Even though it looked the same, it had changed dramatically. It was silent as a crypt, and bereft of prayer and worship of the God-Emperor. Where there were once acolytes and priests, now there was nothing. Where there were once sacrificial offerings in cages, now there were only hostages used for propaganda videos.

Slowly, Molag wandered his way through the darkened tunnels dimmed by overhead lights strung up by loosely hanging wires, until at last he arrived in the main chamber, overlooked by the massive statue of Bebe, staring down over the chasm below. It was so quiet that Molag could hear the echoes of his own footsteps as his boots smacked against the cave floor.

All around the chamber, Bebefront banners hanged from the walls, while equipment, supplies and armaments sat idly by in large crates. The iron cage where once human sacrifices were lowered into a burning pit of lava now lay against a cave wall, filled with spider-webs. The spiders had even spun their webs upon the Bebe statue itself, though it was only now that Molag realized this.

Then a wind began to blow through the upper void of the cavern, howling around Molag, who stood at attention beneath Bebe. It was a shame that a place of worship and reverence had turned into nothing more than a secluded base of operations for a terrorist organization, but such was the will of Bebe, Molag thought. He was a servant of the God-Emperor, and merely did as he was instructed.

Or so Molag thought. I dim glow from above caught Molag’s attention, and then, gasping, noticed that Bebe’s eyes began to glow once more, just as they had all those years ago, after the last ritual human sacrifice to the great and omnipotent Bebe. The statue’s eyes began to radiate a brilliant light, and suddenly the dark cavern was awash in their illumination.

“Molag,” a voice bellowed throughout the chamber, seemingly coming from nowhere, yet everywhere. “My servant.”

Awestruck, Molag dropped down to both knees, and began kissing the foot of the Bebe statue. “Pray to Bebe, pray to Bebe…”

“You were ever my faithful servant.”

“…Yes, Bebe…I have been faithful to you. I have done as you instructed. I have delivered your message to all the world. The choice that mankind must make has been delivered to them. Some have chosen to submit to your rule. Other’s have not, and have been destroyed. Such is the will of Bebe…” Molag explained in adoration of his God.

“…No…you have failed me,” Bebe replied, with no change in his tone. “You have no nation…you have no army. There has been no revolution. All I see are a bunch of fools, cravens who hide in the darkness and attack women and children and call that revenge. Your cowardice sickens me, Molag.”

It was in that moment, for the first time in far too long for Molag to remember, that he began to tremble in fear. “…I did as you asked, Bebe. People were given the choice to submit, and those that didn’t, they were fair game. There are no innocents anymore.”

“I am strength. I am justice. I am Bebe. It was your job to make the world see this truth, and yet mankind is more blind to it than ever before. Now I am mocked and ridiculed, shamed and disrespected, shunned and reviled by mankind. My devotees have been corrupted. Who would turn to me now, but the weak, craven and cowardly? Is that my fate, Molag? To be an icon of pathetic shadow-dwelling maggots like you?”

At a loss for words, Molag shivered and cried at Bebe’s feet, and began kissing the God-Emperor’s feet. “Forgive me, Bebe. Please, forgive me, for I have been your most loyal servant.”

“No, you have not. The worst offense you have committed was using me for your own personal gain. You have amassed wealth, power, luxury, followers and women not for me, but for you. You have stolen from me Molag, all of those things ought to be mine. Everything in this world ought to be mine, and yet you took them for yourself. For this, you must be punished.”

Trembling in fear and weeping, Molag kissed Bebe’s feet one more time, and still groveling on the cave floor, Molag looked up and cried “punish me then, oh Bebe. Do as you must, and let me atone for my sins!”

“What I will take from you, you will not get back.”

“…What is it that you want?” Molag pleaded with Bebe. “Anything…everything…it is yours. Take it all, please.”

“I will have everything,” Bebe said. “Including your life.”

In that moment, Molag looked up, and stared into Bebe’s radiant eyes of light, nearly blinded by them. He could feel the intense heat of them, growing so strong that all he could see was the light. “No!” Molag cried out as he recoiled from the light.

Die” said Bebe as lasers shot out of his eyes, smiting Molag in an instant as he screamed. Where once the Supreme Commander of Bebefront groveled there was now nothing but a blackened mark on the cave floor.

“Asshole” Bebe said one last time, before his glowing eyes dimmed, reducing the cavern to darkness once more. Then the winds ceased their howling, and the cavern returned to silence. All was as it was before, with the statue of Bebe standing vigil over a the blackened chasm of his shrine.

In the end, only one thing was certain. The power of Bebefront, while great, paled in comparison to the power of Bebe himself. Yet perhaps the world would never even know it, because radicals and zealots, in their corrupted quest to fulfill Bebe’s will, only succeeded in turning mankind against him, and in the process lost sight of what mattered the most.

Bebe himself.
Last edited by Ghant on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Return to International Incidents