NATION

PASSWORD

Vote for Aethelia?

Your source for the latest news, rumors, vile slander and potential scandals in this historic second World Assembly Secretary-General election!
Aethelia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 01, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Vote for Aethelia?

Postby Aethelia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm

Does anyone want to vote for me?

I don't know how well known I would be here. I have been on NS consistently for... 12 years? 14? I forget. I'm not one of the first users, but it's been awhile since I started years before starting this nation (back then there was no option to change nation name, I had to start over instead after around 2 years). But I never cared much for the forums so I guess the forum people wouldn't know me and I wouldn't know you? Maybe some people will recognize me though just because I have been on NS for so long.

I don't know what this election is about, I've never heard of the person who currently has this post so I guess it can't be too important. I think I just wanted to participate in something NS related. Mostly the only reason I'm in the WA is out of annoyance at how the endorsements are being abused so that every WA vote seems to be decided by about 10 people, so for at least the past 8 years I have always voted against whoever has the most power in the WA, to do my part in fighting against that inequality, if even in just a small way. I don't see why some random person in one of the newbie regions should consider themselves 900-1000 times more important than me just because they found a way to abuse the system. Maybe if I won this thing somehow, I would be a position to do something about that? That would be nice. I like to make things more fair.

Maybe it's not likely that I could win, but there is something I could promise: When I do get put in a position, even if I didn't expect it, I always take it seriously anyway.
Evidence:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=polls ... ts?start=0
through
https://www.nationstates.net/page=polls ... ?start=380

Almost 4 years ago coincidentally, I was chosen to be the Poll Witch in the Hogwarts region. I thought I'd do it for a month, then pass on the responsibility. But then the region went inactive. There were no more elections for Poll Witch. But I promised to keep doing polls until the next election. The longest break I ever took from that was only a few days, and that's because I was stuck in the hospital. I didn't expect this, and some might argue that I'm not even doing a good job even though I'm really trying here, but I made a promise, and I'm keeping it. And that's even after I discovered that a bug (or possibly something intentional to prevent poll spamming?) a few years ago that prevents me from creating my own region and being the poll person at Hogwarts at the same time. I gave up on creating a region because I made a promise to keep doing polls until they pick someone else to do it.

I would be just as dedicated to whatever this job is. If I win somehow, I will immediately dedicate myself to learning about the position and doing what I can to satisfy as many people as possible with my primary personal goal being fairness.
Last edited by Aethelia on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Election Headquarters