NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming in Hungarian democracy

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

[R] Flaming in Hungarian democracy

Postby New Bremerton » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:18 pm

Swindenland wrote:
Bulgar Rouge wrote:
The EU won't exactly prosper with the morally (and soon fiscally) bankrupt Western ones either.

Now I don't want to sound like a nationalist, but Slovenia and to some extent the Czech Republic are the only Eastern European nations that are compatible with Western European countries and their values. We have always had the best industry, best eduction, best literature and are the most secular when compared to our misfortunate brothers in the East and South.

The problem is that the EU is all about nations who share similar values, sure you might say the EU is evil and such, and you have all the right to do so, but then don't beg for EU money. Hungary gets a shitton of cash from Brussels and in return they whine about how they have to respect freedoms, rights and equality. Fuck Hungary, all this money could go to countries which actually cooperate with the EU - like Slovenia. In the end it is not Germany or Hungary that gets fucked, but little old Slovenia. I'm completely okay with Hungary becoming Hanibal 2.0.1, but then please leave. Leave.

And about Hungary and its appereant liberalism. Slovenia stright-up allows piracy, nobody uses Netflix, because you watch everything for free on public Wi-Fi, drugs are de-facto legal, there are no blocked websites, our whole intelligence agency is on strike and is not persecuted, and yet Slovenia doesn't arrest its journalists, we have a rich multi-party democracy, non-biased public broadcasters and everything non-Hungary. So just fuck off with your Vatican propaganda.

Emphasis mine.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:33 pm

⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:55 pm

Thanks Gio! Didn't know "fuck [insert country here]" is considered trolling. Looks like I'll have to be extra careful next time I call out China.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:07 pm

New Bremerton wrote:Thanks Gio! Didn't know "fuck [insert country here]" is considered trolling. Looks like I'll have to be extra careful next time I call out China.

Some could argue that it depends on context (like a lot of rules), but I wouldn't recommend it regardless. There are lots of ways to make it clear when you're criticizing the actions of a government or regime, but a blunt, blanket "Fuck [country]!" is so dangerously close to also attacking the people of that country, some of which may be on this site, that I can't in good conscious give it a go ahead. It's just so much unnecessary dancing-on-the-line for a point that is so easily conveyed with a better choice of words.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Return to Moderation