NATION

PASSWORD

International Securities and Exchange Commission—invite only

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

International Securities and Exchange Commission—invite only

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:22 pm

Welcome to the World Assembly International Securities and Exchange Commission

Created by order of World Assembly General Resolution # 401 Stock Exchanges And Foreign Investment, the World Assembly International Securities and Exchange Commission (ISEC) is tasked with developing, maintaining, and publishing a model code of securities regulations, which may act as a guide for member nations’ governments. The Commission is also empowered to regulate the exchanges on which currencies are traded to prevent artificial manipulation of the exchange rate, and to ensure that these exchanges operate without bias for business entities and legal persons in more than 1,000 World Assembly member nations.

Working together with the monetary authorities of Omega and the Adriatican, the Bank of Yohannes was one of the three founding members—and advisory credit institution—of the International Securities and Exchange Commission. The Yohannesian Quertz russling was fully promoted as a reserve currency in 2018, backed by ISEC’s ability to develop, maintain and publish a model code of securities regulations in over 1,000 World Assembly member nations—and backed by the Yohannesian Government’s international investment and trade activities in both WA member and non-member states.

About the Commission

The Commission is composed of three founder members: the Federal Royalist Republic of Adriatican, the United Federated States of Omega, and the Realm of Yohannes. All World Assembly member nations are encouraged to contact Commissioners or the Office of the Chair, should they have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the Commission and its dealings.

ISEC Commission

—Founding Member (Chair): Princess Elisabeth Schäfer, Duchess of East Lindblum. The Realm of Yohannes in the North Pacific.
—Founding Member: Dr Simon Winston. The United Federated States of Omega in the South Pacific.
—Founding Member: Ambassador Vivian Gates. The Federal Royalist Republic of Adriatican in Lazarus.
—Commissioner No 3: Vacant
—Commissioner No 4: Vacant
—Commissioner No 5: Vacant
—Commissioner No 6: Vacant
—Commissioner No 7: Vacant
—Commissioner No 8 (WA non-member): Vacant

Get involved with the Commission

All meetings of the Commission are a matter of public record, and may be attended by any interested nation’s delegation regardless of World Assembly membership. However, only WA member nations or non-member nations specifically sponsored by the Non-Member Commissioner, may present and directly engage business with the Commission during hearings. All other engagement will be considered non-official general commentary.

The Commission was created by order of World Assembly General Resolution #401, and serves at the pleasure of the World Assembly General Chamber. It thus also seeks direct input from said Chamber, as well as from World Assembly non-members via sub-committees created to research and coordinate specifically assigned subject matter for the Commission. Findings from each sub-committee is factored into overall rulings and policy made by the full Commission. Each committee functions much as the Commission itself, with a Chair—appointed by the full Commission—and one nation per Commissioner willing. Sub-committees meet publicly as necessary, or as called into session by the Committee’s Chairperson.
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: International Securities and Exchange Commission

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Out-of-Character (OOC) information: Posting on behalf of the Federal Royalist Republic of Adriatican in Lazarus.

In-Character (IC) information:

Name of Commissioner: Ambassador Vivian Gates

Photo:

Short bio:
      Vivian Gates is a noted political, financial and business executive in the Federal Royalist Republic of Adriatican. She formerly served as the Talman of the Odelsting of Balder, Exchequer of the Royal Bank of the Sovereign, and Governor of the United Commonwealth of Nations.

Vivian presently serves as the Lazarene Ambassador to the South Pacific and Europeia.
Last edited by Yohannes on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:57 pm

OOC: Glad to finally see this revived under you,Yohannes. Looking forward to regulating the market with ya.
First and Third Prime Minister of the IFC
Fmr. Chair, and current Commissioner of ISEC (a W.A organization)
Member of the Board of Directors of the Bank of Yohannes
Lazarene Ambassador to the South Pacific and Europeia

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: International Securities and Exchange Commission

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:06 pm

Adriatican wrote:OOC: Glad to finally see this revived under you,Yohannes. Looking forward to regulating the market with ya.

Out-of-Character (OOC): Thank you so much, Adriatican. Image

I’m planning to write some In-Character posts to showcase the International Securities and Exchange Commission, i.e. what it would do in some member nations. I will mostly feature World Assembly member nations who are In-Character also Yohannes’ trading partners (and maybe a few WA non-members).

With regard to the Royal Bank of Merchants, who is the bank’s current/present-day Chair (or maybe CEO)?
Last edited by Yohannes on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:19 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Adriatican wrote:OOC: Glad to finally see this revived under you,Yohannes. Looking forward to regulating the market with ya.

Out-of-Character (OOC): Thank you so much, Adriatican. Image

I’m planning to write some In-Character posts to showcase the International Securities and Exchange Commission, i.e. what it would do in some member nations. I will mostly feature World Assembly member nations who are In-Character also Yohannes’ trading partners (and maybe a few WA non-members).

With regard to the Royal Bank of Merchants, who is the bank’s current/present-day Chair (or maybe CEO)?

That would be Catharine Anhauser, Chairman of the Board of Merchants, and Global Chief Executive Officer.
First and Third Prime Minister of the IFC
Fmr. Chair, and current Commissioner of ISEC (a W.A organization)
Member of the Board of Directors of the Bank of Yohannes
Lazarene Ambassador to the South Pacific and Europeia

Return to International Incidents