NATION

PASSWORD

NS World Fair?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Hammascus wrote:
Big Bad Badger wrote:They had standards earlier in the week when an anti-semite was spouting hate speak. But when Imki showed up...bam!

I have many questions and very few have been answered. If you can't say it here then can someone just TG me what happened?

No because that's on site.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am

Unibot III wrote:It’s 2020. NationStates is celebrating a new decade. Players are bored out of their minds in self-isolation. Surely there couldn’t be a better time for a new NS World Fair?

I think people should stop assuming someone else is going to take the initiative to found a new fair or the old NS World Fair Committee will rise from the ashes. If someone wants to do it, do it.

Someone with some credibility should just create a Discord room here for open planning and invite people to help organize a World Fair. The person who makes the Discord room isn’t necessarily the chief organizer — but facilitating the conversation is an important step.

You’ll need creative input and willing volunteers. The initial questions to resolve are the logistics (date/host/theme/forum/moderation) and assigning tasks to key volunteers for organizing any lectures and/or any roleplayed event(s). It’s not easy but it’s also not complicated, a few willing organizers could put together the basics in short order for planning purposes.

Cue the opening bass riff from “Come Together.”

After the debacle that was NS World Fair VI in 2017, we carried on annual events with a smaller, more roleplay-oriented flavor.

In 2018 we did the "The North Pacific & Greater Dienstad Roleplay and Cultural Exchange" which was a successful event and helped continue the tradition of an annual event focused on coming together, exchanging ideas and providing education and resources to members of the community.

In 2019 we did the "The 2019 NationStates Roleplay Symposium". which was again hosted by the North Pacific and Greater Dienstad, and continued the tradition of the previous year, and like the previous event, I'd consider this one a success as well.

Feel free to join the dedicated event Discord server as we prepare for the 2020 event!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Previous

Return to Gameplay