NATION

PASSWORD

W-PNEUMONIA19

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Hellenic Democracy
Civilian

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

W-PNEUMONIA19

Postby Hellenic Democracy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Proposal—

Seeing as we have to respect the real world references this is my rule;

Response to the W-PNEUMONIA19

— Formation of a Global Health Council (GHC) that all nations can join regardless of position, to combat health issues.

— Immediate discussion and imposition of measures to fight the W-PNEUMONIA outbreak;

Build necessary healthcare facilities, providing medical aid to countries in need.

Cancellation of all non-diplomatic VISAs and repatriation of current foreigners who are not residences in our nations.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm

W-PNEUMONIA19 would presumably (not definitely, I don't have that power :P) fall foul of the Metagaming rule - in this linked-to post, 1/6th of GenSec (i.e. Bears Armed) says that you can't refer to "Tiaravirus" in lieu of Coronavirus because that would be forced roleplaying.

The Global Health Council sounds like it already exists, in the form of the World Health Authority. In any case, OPPOSED.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:19 pm

Duplicates at least two resolutions.

And build new facilities? To respond to an outbreak? Sure, that makes loads of sense. “Hey, y’all, just hang on for a year or three. This new, and completely redundant to existing facilities, will open soon! Most of y’all will probably be dead already but that’s okay since it’s the thought that counts”.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Grubville
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Grubville » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 am

This an ill-thought out and knee-kerky idea.

The cancellation of 'non-diplomatic visas' and the forced repatriation of 'foreigners' is a horrendous thought. There are many thousands of 'foreigners' within countries all around NS who do not possess residency yet are integral parts of the societies they are part of.

Putting aside the obvious xenophobic undertones, the return of those 'foreigners' to their country of origin would deprive economies of workers, would break up families and put unnecessary strain on governmental agencies during a time of crisis not to mention the risks involved with mobilising thousands of people in the midst of measures put in place to curtail movements.

In addition, there are already resolutions in place that deal with health, co-ordinating responses, research etc. etc. etc.

Return to General Assembly