NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayytaly » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Godular wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:Did the Maorī support this bill?

*Reads up on Maori views on abortion, finds historical articles on subject*

I'm... not entirely sure you want to go that route.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/273782/

Man, I feel angry whenever societies just flat-out treat individuals as disposables.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:13 pm

Ayytaly wrote:
Godular wrote:
*Reads up on Maori views on abortion, finds historical articles on subject*

I'm... not entirely sure you want to go that route.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/273782/

Man, I feel angry whenever societies just flat-out treat individuals as disposables.

That’s pretty much everybody, at some point.
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:21 am

EUREKA!

I just realized that late-term "abortions" may qualify as artificially-induced premature births if we accept the idea that fetuses born more than six months into a pregnancy have a small chance of survival. Late-term "abortions" are exceedingly rare because they need not exist by definition! My position is much clearer now. Abortions should never, EVER be legally restricted under ANY circumstances.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:33 am

New Bremerton wrote:EUREKA!

I just realized that late-term "abortions" may qualify as artificially-induced premature births if we accept the idea that fetuses born more than six months into a pregnancy have a small chance of survival. Late-term "abortions" are exceedingly rare because they need not exist by definition! My position is much clearer now. Abortions should never, EVER be legally restricted under ANY circumstances.

Welcome to the club. It's a fun club.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:50 am

Rock on, friendo.

If this decision was based on the recent argument about late-term abortions and how an 'unborn child' is the same before and after taking its first breath (and the distinction being largely irrelevant because non-lethal forms of abortion exist for such instances), then I choose to revel in the irony in a wholly non-derogatory way.

The distinction being irrelevant... was relevant for somebody. Hee!
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:11 pm

Godular wrote:

Rock on, friendo.

If this decision was based on the recent argument about late-term abortions and how an 'unborn child' is the same before and after taking its first breath (and the distinction being largely irrelevant because non-lethal forms of abortion exist for such instances), then I choose to revel in the irony in a wholly non-derogatory way.

My previous position was that *maybe* doctors and nurses should be fined for performing late-term "abortions". Maybe. But the woman should never, EVER be judged or punished.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:14 pm

New Bremerton wrote:
Godular wrote:
Rock on, friendo.

My previous position was that *maybe* doctors and nurses should be fined for performing late-term "abortions". Maybe. But the woman should never, EVER be judged or punished.

Ah, I gotcha.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Godular wrote:
New Bremerton wrote:

Ah, I gotcha.

And the position I held before that was that abortions should never, EVER be legally restricted under ANY circumstances. So it's nothing, really. I'm simply reverting back to my original position. I've always been pro-choice my entire life, except when I was forced to write an essay detailing my (as yet undeveloped) views on abortion as part of a middle school assignment.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm

New Bremerton wrote:
Godular wrote:
Ah, I gotcha.

And the position I held before that was that abortions should never, EVER be legally restricted under ANY circumstances. So it's nothing, really. I'm simply reverting back to my original position. I've always been pro-choice my entire life, except when I was forced to write an essay detailing my (as yet undeveloped) views on abortion as part of a middle school assignment.

Oo... I can bet that got contentious.
New to F7? Click here!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General