NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED] Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"

Postby Charax » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:57 pm

A draft resolution to repeal GA #286, "Reproductive Freedoms".

The World Assembly,

Acknowledging
the intent of Resolution #286 to protect the bodily integrity of the individual,

Applauding the desire to promote the above, as well as the care of children without guardianship,

Noting that Resolution #286 rejects the ongoing scientific, moral and cultural debates surrounding issues of pregnancy,

Observing that Resolution #286 imposes significant responsibilities on member states to enforce controversial regulation to which they may be strongly opposed,

Regretting that Resolution #286 forces member states to permit the systemic abortion of certain demographic groups

Fearing that the imposition of such obligations may undermine the World Assembly's legitimacy in the eyes of member states,

Resolving to address such controversial subject matter with greater nuance and respect for the rights of member states in future,

Repeals General Assembly Resolution #286, "Reproductive Freedoms".

Apologies for any glaring errors in formatting, but I don't think I've made any massive mistakes or rule-breaks (don't hold me to that).

I'm sure trying to repeal this is quixotic, but I'm trying to get into the swing of writing for the GA and #286 seems incredibly heavy-handed.
Last edited by Charax on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:19 pm

"Both forced abortion and genocide are illegal under other WA law, sir, and so the clause that starts 'Regretting...' is flatly untrue. As is the notion that any aspect of debate over abortion is at all 'scientific' - cultural and moral, certainly, but facts is facts. The biology is well understood and the only 'debate' being had is philosophical and semantic yammering, which soon becomes intolerably repetitive. I also note that all World Assembly law consists of impositions on member states to enforce laws they may despise. Case in point, the draconian, rent-seeking International Patent Agreement. You are not the first bleeding heart to come in here mourning national sovereignty and crying for the poor cell bundles, and you shall not be the last."

OOC: Welcome to the World Assembly! The target you've picked is kind of a lightning rod, for obvious reasons, and IC debate can get snarky even over less crucial moral debates, let alone fundamental disagreements about what is life and personhood vs. what liberties are people owed. This resolution has been the target of repeals from some of the most experienced and successful authors in the game, and every one of them failed. I strongly suggest trying to cut your teeth on an easier target.

But welcome anyway!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

[DRAFT] Repeal “Reproductive Freedoms”

Postby Deacarsia » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 pm

I strongly support this proposal.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:08 pm

Opposed.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Greater Ale Permars
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Absolutely

Postby Greater Ale Permars » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Strong support

Alba and Cymru
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Alba and Cymru » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:40 pm

I support the proposal, though I am aware of the great chance that this will be shot down in an assembly vote.
Here is the World Cup Roster.
"Alba ag Cymru fada be'"
Support His Majesty, King Cynbal IV of the House of Clan Gregor
Death to Communism. Death to Capitalism. Feudalism is where men are made.
I'm your friendly, every-day hard right-winger who respects everyone's views and concerns. I believe that cultural groups should have absolute political autonomy independent from secular or multicultural states. Traditions are unique evolutionary adaptations created by civilizations in order to solve complex social issues.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:48 pm

OOC: The "ABANDONED" in the thread title is somehow not clue enough that this draft is no longer being worked on and hasn't been for a month?
Last edited by Araraukar on Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Araraukar wrote:OOC: The "ABANDONED" in the thread title is somehow not clue enough that this draft is no longer being worked on and hasn't been for a month?

The title was changed yesterday.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:51 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: The "ABANDONED" in the thread title is somehow not clue enough that this draft is no longer being worked on and hasn't been for a month?

The title was changed yesterday.

OOC: It's still a month-old gravedig.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Fully opposed. If this somehow gets to the WA, my puppet'll vote Nay.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Atheris wrote:Fully opposed. If this somehow gets to the WA, my puppet'll vote Nay.

Okay you have no excuse.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Atheris wrote:Fully opposed. If this somehow gets to the WA, my puppet'll vote Nay.

Okay you have no excuse.

Ah, shit. Didn't read. My bad.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly