NATION

PASSWORD

An apology to NationStates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
User avatar
South Reinkalistan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 603
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

An apology to NationStates

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 am

Before I begin, I know there have been a lot of apologies issued by various players over the years. These apologies have been invariably received with the same odd blend of optimism and scepticism. In this case, I deserve precious little of the former, and a hearty portion of the latter. But in the past, a lot of these apologies have been followed with the same old behaviour that basically negates the apology's intent and purpose.

But hey, perhaps this one will be different. I think I've changed. I know that the things I've done and the things I've said have been idiotic, senseless, and overall pretty damn idiotic. And I have no intention to repeat them. I kind of feel guilty making an entire forum thread based on this, but I have no idea how else to get this out.

So hey, here goes nothing.

I'd firstly like to apologise firstly to the Land of Kings and Emperors and Onderkelkia. Until I found the LKE, I had been mainly an issues player. But the LKE provided me an insight into the exciting world of regional politics, and the fun and intrigue that came with it. I met many good friends I still know today, such as Novae Romae, Droiden and New Imperial Britannia. It was a magical experience, and I mean that. I really do.

But I soon found myself acting in a less than optimal manner, especially on the regional discord. I realise that NationStates is, for some, a place where individuals can have a safe space away from the real world, make friends, and be safe from toxicity. Heck, I use it as that place, and usually have done. Which makes it all the more reprehensible that, for some, I have violated that space, and been a toxic fuck to many, especially Daarwyrth. I said some awful, transphobic things, and would like to ascertain that these statements were made out of personal insecurities at the time and a deep-seated ignorance surrounding the issues that transgender individuals face. While these circumstances do not make what I said excusable, I would like to affirm that I no longer hold these quite frankly bigoted views.

Of course, this is merely scratching the surface. What happened next was a grievous violation of trust. Droiden, Greater Bastion and myself, acting in a severe violation of the trust the region had given us as members of its government, and with a bizarre sense of entitlement, wreaked havoc upon the LKE's forums. We then jumped on Novae Romae's new region, the New Roman Imperium. I would like to take this moment to apologise to Novae Romae. Despite having retired from NationStates, he's one of the friendliest and nicest people I've met on this site. We, by jumping into his region, killed it and any dreams he may have had of developing it into a prosperous force. This ultimately put Novae Romae in a position where he felt obliged to act in my interests, associating his region with the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators and getting dragged into my stupidity on the Security Council forums.

On that matter, I was involved in the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators for quite a bit, and not exactly as a quiet component, either. For five months I was grown so obsessed with defending the region's reputation and convincing myself that its administration wasn't fascist, that I actually became very aggressive. My conduct in the Security Council forums has been reprehensible, and I disavow any ties I have established with the CCD over this time.

Finally, on the screenshots released by Anonymous Tipster; I've had to learn the hard way that stuff you say on the internet lingers, huh? Well, there's not much I can say other than that I don't mean a lot of the things said there, and they were said in an idiotic and careless manner. I'd like to apologise to the Azure Watester Federation for having all these quite frankly awesome people sullied by my reputation.

I hope that, in the future, I can prove to NationStates that I'm not the idiotic fuck that did and said those things, and that I have no intention to repeat these incidents.

So that's all I can say. I'm sorry, and I won't be such a fuckwit in future. I know I can't just magically write a wall of text and have all things be forgiven; I'll have to work to prove myself. And I intend to do that.
PMT socialist theocratic totalitarian hellscape based in the Caucasus. - want to know more?
Current RP - Crimson Starset
No, I'm not Georgia! (/Armenia/Azerbaijan)
This nation really doesn't represent my OOC views.
WA Ambassador: Lakersk Turnov
Word to the wise: never listen to Russia Major. ;)
"I believe that in every country the people themselves are more peaceably and liberally inclined than their governments."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1127
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:41 am

I as a fellow AWF member forgive you for what you have done. All people make mistakes but what's past is past.
“I’m responsible only for what I say, not what you understand.” – John Wayne
“I’d like to know why the well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazing and complaining people who think the world owes them a living.” – John Wayne
I don't use NS stats for this nation.
WA Ambassador: Dr. Jonathan Delacroix
Proud Member of the Azure Watester Federation
Former member of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators
Re-elect Donald Trump 2020 MAGA KAG

User avatar
Kaystein
Diplomat
 
Posts: 637
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kaystein » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:55 pm

So you're the reason why The New Roman Imperium ended and I have one less ally in this game? The blame isn't just on you according to your own words. It's the CCD too. Damn them. Another reason why they need to go.

EDIT: I had originally written you could have earned my forgiveness if you somehow got Novae Romae to restart their region, but that was under the assumption the largest error Novae Romae did under your influence was making embassies with the wrong people. After reading LKE's statement, I know that's only a dream. Then there's the fact you went and unjustly damaged another community's property!

You'll find no forgiveness from me. Try again in a year or two.
Last edited by Kaystein on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RenoKaye: Delegate of Auraelia|Member of The New Pacific Order(The Pacific)| Ally of Enadia & Alvaria

User avatar
Queen Yuno
Diplomat
 
Posts: 654
Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Queen Yuno » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Kaystein wrote:So you're the reason why The New Roman Imperium ended and I have one less ally in this game? The blame isn't just on you according to your own words. It's the CCD too. Damn them. Another reason why they need to go.

EDIT: I had originally written you could have earned my forgiveness if you somehow got Novae Romae to restart their region, but that was under the assumption the largest error Novae Romae did under your influence was making embassies with the wrong people. After reading LKE's statement, I know that's only a dream. Then there's the fact you went and unjustly damaged another community's property!

You'll find no forgiveness from me. Try again in a year or two.



Can someone TL;DR this entire drama?
This entire thing flies over my head

#micros
Supreme Loligarchy
I do free grammar checks! Telegram me for Discord!

"Vote early, vote often." -Pallaith
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:


...is there a reason the logo for the anti-NPO New Year's jumpers looks like the butt and legs of a kneeling naked lady? :unsure:


Imperium Anglorum wrote:Lol badge hunting accusations against people who already have the badge. You don't get your whole page covered in badges when you pass more resolutions, you know.


Vancouvia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:

Alright my bad I guess I'll check back in December 21st


No way

User avatar
Wayneactia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 900
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Wayneactia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:
Kaystein wrote:So you're the reason why The New Roman Imperium ended and I have one less ally in this game? The blame isn't just on you according to your own words. It's the CCD too. Damn them. Another reason why they need to go.

EDIT: I had originally written you could have earned my forgiveness if you somehow got Novae Romae to restart their region, but that was under the assumption the largest error Novae Romae did under your influence was making embassies with the wrong people. After reading LKE's statement, I know that's only a dream. Then there's the fact you went and unjustly damaged another community's property!

You'll find no forgiveness from me. Try again in a year or two.



Can someone TL;DR this entire drama?
This entire thing flies over my head

#micros

Honestly, it is best to not know.

User avatar
Gorundu
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 123
Founded: May 02, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gorundu » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:17 am

Kaystein wrote:So you're the reason why The New Roman Imperium ended and I have one less ally in this game? The blame isn't just on you according to your own words. It's the CCD too. Damn them. Another reason why they need to go.

EDIT: I had originally written you could have earned my forgiveness if you somehow got Novae Romae to restart their region, but that was under the assumption the largest error Novae Romae did under your influence was making embassies with the wrong people. After reading LKE's statement, I know that's only a dream. Then there's the fact you went and unjustly damaged another community's property!

You'll find no forgiveness from me. Try again in a year or two.

I for one don't see how the continued existence of the New Roman Imperium would do you any good, considering its tarnished reputation. Novae Romae made a good decision to shut it down, and I think he needs some time, like many of his friends, to think about what to do going forward.
Minister of World Assembly Affairs of The North Pacific
Posts do not represent my region's views unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
South Reinkalistan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 603
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:17 am

Gorundu wrote:
Kaystein wrote:So you're the reason why The New Roman Imperium ended and I have one less ally in this game? The blame isn't just on you according to your own words. It's the CCD too. Damn them. Another reason why they need to go.

EDIT: I had originally written you could have earned my forgiveness if you somehow got Novae Romae to restart their region, but that was under the assumption the largest error Novae Romae did under your influence was making embassies with the wrong people. After reading LKE's statement, I know that's only a dream. Then there's the fact you went and unjustly damaged another community's property!

You'll find no forgiveness from me. Try again in a year or two.

I for one don't see how the continued existence of the New Roman Imperium would do you any good, considering its tarnished reputation. Novae Romae made a good decision to shut it down, and I think he needs some time, like many of his friends, to think about what to do going forward.

Just to clarify, Novae Romae has informed me and others that he has no intentions to continue playing NationStates short of keeping the nation from CTEing.

The New Roman Imperium, or any derivative, will very likely not be revived.
PMT socialist theocratic totalitarian hellscape based in the Caucasus. - want to know more?
Current RP - Crimson Starset
No, I'm not Georgia! (/Armenia/Azerbaijan)
This nation really doesn't represent my OOC views.
WA Ambassador: Lakersk Turnov
Word to the wise: never listen to Russia Major. ;)
"I believe that in every country the people themselves are more peaceably and liberally inclined than their governments."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

User avatar
Twins of Hearts
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 161
Founded: Nov 07, 2004
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Twins of Hearts » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:Just to clarify, Novae Romae has informed me and others that he has no intentions to continue playing NationStates short of keeping the nation from CTEing.

The New Roman Imperium, or any derivative, will very likely not be revived.


I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

Were you blacklisted for your behavior and choices?

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1783
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Just to clarify, Novae Romae has informed me and others that he has no intentions to continue playing NationStates short of keeping the nation from CTEing.

The New Roman Imperium, or any derivative, will very likely not be revived.


I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

Were you blacklisted for your behavior and choices?

He was not blacklisted afaik as he did not even come close to the threshold.
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, and SC#295

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
PolitiStates Result
Pro:Laissez-faire, Cultural Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, Same-sex marriage, United Ireland.
Anti:Extreme Progressivism, Abortion, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.
A high school student aged 15 from Ireland, living in Co. Dublin. Interested in politics, gaming, and history.

User avatar
Boda
Envoy
 
Posts: 287
Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Boda » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Just to clarify, Novae Romae has informed me and others that he has no intentions to continue playing NationStates short of keeping the nation from CTEing.

The New Roman Imperium, or any derivative, will very likely not be revived.


I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

Were you blacklisted for your behavior and choices?


:roll:
Forever hated on NS. Totally deserved tbh
Hated by every resident of Osiris, Karma, TBH, TWP, NST, NSFT, NSM, AWF, NSGP, Thalassia, Europeia and all in between
Talk about this sig in secret, doesn't change the truth which you are hiding at this very moment by claiming it doesn't exist when it clearly does based on your attitude towards me and someone directly telling me it exists.

User avatar
South Reinkalistan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 603
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Just to clarify, Novae Romae has informed me and others that he has no intentions to continue playing NationStates short of keeping the nation from CTEing.

The New Roman Imperium, or any derivative, will very likely not be revived.


I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

Were you blacklisted for your behavior and choices?

Considering the blacklist is a rather extensive list that passes around through word of mouth rather than any definitive registry, it's honestly difficult to tell. I hope not.

I had my motives, though they were not good motives. I made my decisions, but they were not good decisions. I think it's good to show that I recognise this, rather than have everyone assume I'm happy with the shocking choices I've made.
PMT socialist theocratic totalitarian hellscape based in the Caucasus. - want to know more?
Current RP - Crimson Starset
No, I'm not Georgia! (/Armenia/Azerbaijan)
This nation really doesn't represent my OOC views.
WA Ambassador: Lakersk Turnov
Word to the wise: never listen to Russia Major. ;)
"I believe that in every country the people themselves are more peaceably and liberally inclined than their governments."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

User avatar
Wayneactia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 900
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Wayneactia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:39 am

Twins of Hearts wrote:I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

Were you blacklisted for your behavior and choices?

The hypocrisy in this statement truly is beyond belief.

User avatar
Atlantarctica
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atlantarctica » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:49 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Twins of Hearts wrote:I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

Were you blacklisted for your behavior and choices?

The hypocrisy in this statement truly is beyond belief.

Not just hypocrisy, it's disgusting in general. Why shouldn't people be able to apologize for their actions? OP apologized because they had a change of heart and realized their own wrongdoings, not because they wanted sympathy.
This type of thinking is morally wrong and I have no idea why anybody would think that.
In Character info

The Commonwealth of Atlantarctica is a continental-sized federation much like that of the UK. Founded in the early 2060s, Atlantarctica's economy has recently flourished due to its tourism industry and friendly relations towards its neighbors.
Atlantarctica is against weapons of mass destruction, biological & chemical warfare, and the torture of POW. They are radical pacifists.
Atlantarctica is classified as a Tier 6, Type 4.5 nation
Flag design created by the Kingdom of Cantelo
Out of Character info

Male, 14. Atheist but religion is cool ig. Centre-left, no I don't approve of the far left or far right but I lean more towards the left. I suck at politics so don't ask me about it. I'm all for LBGTQ+ rights & liberty but to a certain degree.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7342
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Atlantarctica wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:The hypocrisy in this statement truly is beyond belief.

Not just hypocrisy, it's disgusting in general. Why shouldn't people be able to apologize for their actions? OP apologized because they had a change of heart and realized their own wrongdoings, not because they wanted sympathy.
This type of thinking is morally wrong and I have no idea why anybody would think that.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, unfortunately.

But for Rein, I know you mean well, so... Know that we all have our mistakes in the past - both heavy or light. I've personally not delved into NSGP too much, so I can't judge on each merit / de-merit from your time in CCD. But the fact that you have acknowledged your mistake, is you growing as a person.

So... I wish you all the best with your new region, and I hope everything goes for you folks with a new beginning! Just try your best not to fall into the same place again! ^^;
For You ♡( ◡‿◡ ) A Wonderful World

4th in Gen Sec, Issue Megathread owner, I'm doing great! ♥

Valentine’s Guide and Etiquette in Forum 7!

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 10
Valentijn called She: 37
Genderbent = Sexually Confused: 2

If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! Add yours now! ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥
• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
Diarcesia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1968
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Atlantarctica wrote:Not just hypocrisy, it's disgusting in general. Why shouldn't people be able to apologize for their actions? OP apologized because they had a change of heart and realized their own wrongdoings, not because they wanted sympathy.
This type of thinking is morally wrong and I have no idea why anybody would think that.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, unfortunately.

But for Rein, I know you mean well, so... Know that we all have our mistakes in the past - both heavy or light. I've personally not delved into NSGP too much, so I can't judge on each merit / de-merit from your time in CCD. But the fact that you have acknowledged your mistake, is you growing as a person.

So... I wish you all the best with your new region, and I hope everything goes for you folks with a new beginning! Just try your best not to fall into the same place again! ^^;

Actions speak louder than words... but then, how do we know if one doesn't apologize in writing?
Factbooks | Economic Liaison | Maintenance
Walk like an Egyptian, Stand like an Hongkonger
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Emperor Leo the Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Byzantines would tell you.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7342
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:25 pm

Diarcesia wrote:Actions speak louder than words... but then, how do we know if one doesn't apologize in writing?

That is indeed a fair point and basically what I wanted to say!

Apologies can sound and look cheap, but we should always let the persons redeem themselves though their actions. ^^
For You ♡( ◡‿◡ ) A Wonderful World

4th in Gen Sec, Issue Megathread owner, I'm doing great! ♥

Valentine’s Guide and Etiquette in Forum 7!

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 10
Valentijn called She: 37
Genderbent = Sexually Confused: 2

If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! Add yours now! ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥
• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
Depackya
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 48
Founded: May 03, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Depackya » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Apologies never work, my friend... I thought this was made quite clear by the results of my own region's public apology. I was correct to revoke it.

The stain of your association with us will never leave you. It's only a matter of time until another apology is demanded of you. The world is quite the unforgiving place.
Last edited by Depackya on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail the Confederation!
Depackya | Mouth and Will of the Emperor | Confederation of Corrupt Dictators
"Liberty is Overrated."
Yes, this nation uses NS Stats. Yes, my citizens live to 26 24 yrs old.
All posts are OOC unless marked otherwise.

User avatar
Diarcesia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1968
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:08 pm

Depackya wrote:Apologies never work, my friend... I thought this was made quite clear by the results of my own region's public apology. I was correct to revoke it.

The stain of your association with us will never leave you. It's only a matter of time until another apology is demanded of you. The world is quite the unforgiving place.

An apology that will never be accepted anyway? Sometimes it is what it is, I guess.

Fair? No. Understandable? Yes.
Factbooks | Economic Liaison | Maintenance
Walk like an Egyptian, Stand like an Hongkonger
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Emperor Leo the Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Byzantines would tell you.

User avatar
Destructive Government Economic System
Minister
 
Posts: 3181
Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 pm

For what it's worth, I'd be 100% willing to see you back in action, this time as an upstanding user.

Good luck, and I hope the best for you and AWF o7
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.


ALSO, READ THIS!

User avatar
The Gilded Star
Envoy
 
Posts: 251
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Gilded Star » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Don't know you, Rein, so I can't put your past in context to judge severe it was, but seeing how many times people post up apologies and revert back to their old selves as soon as they don't get instant forgiveness/reacceptance (like Depackya just helpfully exampled with CCD), I do hope you'll be the exception to the rule. Just stay committed to improving yourself- your apology gets people's attention, and your future actions will affect their opinions. People will want to see that you're motivated by desire to better yourself as a person, and not just to maneuver back into society's good graces.

User avatar
South Reinkalistan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 603
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:59 pm

Well, thanks for the responses, all of you (apart from Dep's silly post). NationStates has, weirdly, taught me a lot about how not to be a toxic shitbag. I aim to put this into practice. There's not more I can offer you with words than I already have, so I'll just have to do what I can with actions from hereon out.

Best wishes to you all! ^-^
PMT socialist theocratic totalitarian hellscape based in the Caucasus. - want to know more?
Current RP - Crimson Starset
No, I'm not Georgia! (/Armenia/Azerbaijan)
This nation really doesn't represent my OOC views.
WA Ambassador: Lakersk Turnov
Word to the wise: never listen to Russia Major. ;)
"I believe that in every country the people themselves are more peaceably and liberally inclined than their governments."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

User avatar
Depackya
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 48
Founded: May 03, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Depackya » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:06 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:Well, thanks for the responses, all of you (apart from Dep's silly post). NationStates has, weirdly, taught me a lot about how not to be a toxic shitbag. I aim to put this into practice. There's not more I can offer you with words than I already have, so I'll just have to do what I can with actions from hereon out.

Best wishes to you all! ^-^

Silly? I would think not. Forgiveness is quite dead. Time and time again, I have seen people apologize for actions, only to be driven into the ground for acknowledging that they committed them. So the process begins for yourself.

As I said, you would do well do realize this.
Hail the Confederation!
Depackya | Mouth and Will of the Emperor | Confederation of Corrupt Dictators
"Liberty is Overrated."
Yes, this nation uses NS Stats. Yes, my citizens live to 26 24 yrs old.
All posts are OOC unless marked otherwise.

User avatar
The Grob
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jan 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Grob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 am

Depackya wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Well, thanks for the responses, all of you (apart from Dep's silly post). NationStates has, weirdly, taught me a lot about how not to be a toxic shitbag. I aim to put this into practice. There's not more I can offer you with words than I already have, so I'll just have to do what I can with actions from hereon out.

Best wishes to you all! ^-^

Silly? I would think not. Forgiveness is quite dead. Time and time again, I have seen people apologize for actions, only to be driven into the ground for acknowledging that they committed them. So the process begins for yourself.

As I said, you would do well do realize this.

That's nothing but untrue pessimistic talk :/
> LOADING DATA. . .
> THE TECHNOCRACY OF THE GROX IS AN ACTIVE MILITARY AND TECHNOLOGICAL HYPERPOWER IN STARRLIN
> THEY ARE AMONG THE MOST POWERFUL EMPIRES IN THE UNIVERSE, HAVING THE LARGEST STANDING MILITARY AND A FRIGHTENINGLY EFFICIENT ECONOMY.
> THEY ARE UNIQUE FOR THEIR ISOLATIONIST BEHAVIOR AND THEIR IDEOLOGY OF GROXOLOGISM
> THE GROX IS A TIER 10, LEVEL 0 AND TYPE 10 CIVILIZATION ACCORDING TO THE CIVILIZATION INDEX

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4810
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:04 am

Depackya wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Well, thanks for the responses, all of you (apart from Dep's silly post). NationStates has, weirdly, taught me a lot about how not to be a toxic shitbag. I aim to put this into practice. There's not more I can offer you with words than I already have, so I'll just have to do what I can with actions from hereon out.

Best wishes to you all! ^-^

Silly? I would think not. Forgiveness is quite dead. Time and time again, I have seen people apologize for actions, only to be driven into the ground for acknowledging that they committed them. So the process begins for yourself.

As I said, you would do well do realize this.

Oh that's such BS

You and other players get past step 1, the apology, but once the backlash hits y'all act out and screw it up for yourselves. I myself made a serious mistake back in early 2015 and sincerely apologized, took the backlash and punishment with dignity and respect, and ended up forgiven. That's all you've gotta do.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
The Order of the Holy Inquisitors
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 21
Founded: Jan 31, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Order of the Holy Inquisitors » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 am

Depackya wrote:Silly? I would think not. Forgiveness is quite dead. Time and time again, I have seen people apologize for actions, only to be driven into the ground for acknowledging that they committed them. So the process begins for yourself.

As I said, you would do well do realize this.

Forgiveness is only as dead as the actions taken to follow it up are. Acknowledgement is one thing, actual change is another. I tried to remind you guys this, but to no avail. As for your concerns over Rein, let him do as he wishes. Should his apologies go unaccepted, that is his concern. You have neither right nor reason to advise him, especially given how the advice you and your people have given continually reaped nothing but failures, myself being one of them.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arizona Ranger, Kaystein, The Greatest Bestest Nation

Advertisement

Remove ads