NATION

PASSWORD

The frequency of Issues has a different impact on results?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Tatarica
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

The frequency of Issues has a different impact on results?

Postby Tatarica » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:38 am

Hello,

I have not found this when I searched for it, so maybe I have not paid enough attention.

I am an old player that hasn't answered any issue in more than a decade. However, I recently created a new nation to play with issues as I'm doing a roleplay and answering issues is a part of it.

So far I set my nation to receive issues with no throttle. I answered maybe 20 so far but I have had no change in NS primary stats (the Civil Rights, Economy and Political Freedom are the same).

My question is ... does the rate of receiving issues make a difference on the ... "power" of the effect they have? If I answer just 1 issue per 48 hours then the resulting changes are more significant than answering 1 issue per 4-6 hours? Or both actions have the same result?

I'd like to know what to do for the roleplay ; answering issues in no-throttle but having no change in NS primary stats means that the roleplay will lack a feature, whereas if the power of the results is bigger if there's 1 issue per 48 hours then I'd rather recommend for the players to do that.

Please help! Thank you.
Last edited by Tatarica on Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:48 am

No.
Results might seem less to you because, as your nation is now larger, the proportionate effects are now smaller...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Tatarica
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tatarica » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:08 pm

Thank you for answering.

Just to clear things up, I mentioned that I created a *new* nation to play with and that I had no change after answering 20+ issues offered in no-throttle mode.

You mean that I could see better the effects if I play with an older nation and answer issues?
Last edited by Tatarica on Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:12 pm

On your new nation, because you've never made decisions before, they have a huge impact and may change your ratings rapidly.

With a nation with a history of years of decisions, your type/ranking will hardly budge in the short term.

It's like WHOA! between newborns and late teens, kids' height grows rapidly! After their 20s, they hardly grow at all.

Tatarica
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tatarica » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:13 pm

I suppose that I was just unlucky with the issues & the answers I gave. I am sure that they changed other aspects of the game for that nation, just not the Civil Rights / Economy / Political Freedom.

Thank you for answering that and for confirming that the frequency does not have an impact.

Return to Technical