NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Liberate The Unicorns Of The World

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5836
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

[ABANDONED] Liberate The Unicorns Of The World

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:04 pm

THIS HAS BEEN ABANDONED (IT WAS PULLED AFTER REACHING QUORUM EARLIER)
This proposal has been submitted to the Security Council Liberations Board.
NOTE: at 1951 GMT on the 18rd of February 2020, this proposal reached quorum with Tyelandia's approval, the 71st all told.

TINHAMPTONIAN MINISTRY OF WORLD ASSEMBLY AFFAIRS: Notice of Submission Warning
This proposal will be submitted at 5pm GMT on February 17th 2020. Thank you for your consideration.

Character count: 1,606
Word count: 269
Complainers and quibblers, place your bets!
(On Clause 4: The Tea Merchants actually said both of those things on TUotW's RMB!)
Image
Liberate The Unicorns Of The World
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.
Category: Liberation
Nominee: The Unicorns Of The World
Proposed by: Tinhampton

The Security Council finds that:
  1. After being removed from Merridel by the return of the founder nation's government, a certain new and infamous raider region invaded Pars in February 2020.
  2. Kuriko, the most prolific author in SC history, almost immediately proposed a Liberation for Pars, but the raiders were forced out by 10000 Islands shortly after voting on that Liberation began.
  3. These raiders then took over [region=The Unicorns of the World], a founderless protectorate of The Glorious Nations of Iwaku (or Iwaku), electing The Tea Merchants - a sleeper which had resided there since July 2011 - as WA Delegate. They had support from a group of fascist raiders, one of which aired disdain for Iwaku due to its support of LGBTQ+ rights.
  4. Although The Tea Merchants has only ejected one fascist so far, they have shown a desire to remove the last native from the region and then to refound it. This native, Little Unicorn, has not offered an opinion on this Liberation; however, support has been expressed by Vando0sa, which used to control entry into the region.
  5. A Liberation would likely be effective on The Unicorns of the World; it seems to have been passworded (and declared as a protectorate of Iwaku) when The Tea Merchants was first serving as WA Delegate in July 2014.

It is the sense of the Security Council that The Unicorns of the World ought to be an active region under native control, not a lethargic military trophy, and that a Liberation would best achieve this outcome.

RESOLVED: The Security Council hereby Liberates [region=The Unicorns of the World].
Last edited by Tinhampton on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Valentine Z for WA Secretary-General 2020 * BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO MORE SAD DAYS!
OOC: 44yo Tory woman; occasional lobbyist and satirist; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
IC: The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372) * Mayor: Saffron Howard (UCP) * Delegate-Ambassador to the WA: Lydia Anderson
Author: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115 (with Turbeaux), SC#267, GA#484 (R)
First Place: Cup of Harmony 73 * Last Place: WorldVision Song Contest 55 * Seeking the WA Delegacy of The Pacific Group - SOS!

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5627
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:06 pm

I object to calling them raiders
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24539
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Last call? This draft has only been up for 5 minutes...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the complete victory over Caesar's Legion, and the pacification and annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.
Current President of The NCR: Aaron Kimball.
Current NCR Ambassador to The World Assembly: Colonel James Hsu, NCR Army (Ret.)
.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5836
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:17 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:I object to calling them raiders

Put forthrightly, The Unicorns of the World is being raided, and it is thus appropriate to refer to F&F as raiders (although not under their actual collective name, of course :P).

The New California Republic wrote:Last call? This draft has only been up for 5 minutes...

Quoted verbatim from the top of this post: "This proposal will be submitted at 5pm GMT on February 17th 2020." Of course, I can shunt 'er back a few days if needs be (if THX1138's Commendation reaches quorum, which it is likely to do, then this one won't be at vote until 5pm Sunday anyhow).
Valentine Z for WA Secretary-General 2020 * BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO MORE SAD DAYS!
OOC: 44yo Tory woman; occasional lobbyist and satirist; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
IC: The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372) * Mayor: Saffron Howard (UCP) * Delegate-Ambassador to the WA: Lydia Anderson
Author: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115 (with Turbeaux), SC#267, GA#484 (R)
First Place: Cup of Harmony 73 * Last Place: WorldVision Song Contest 55 * Seeking the WA Delegacy of The Pacific Group - SOS!

User avatar
The Gilded Star
Envoy
 
Posts: 233
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Gilded Star » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Kind of agree with Cormac to just ignore these guys and deny giving them any attention or satisfaction as long as they're snatching up dead, inactive regions. No one really cares about these places, especially if there's not even natives left to care themselves.

User avatar
Ethan Allen
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 120
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethan Allen » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:52 pm

You need to fix points 2 and 5. Hahaha!
Last edited by Ethan Allen on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince of Vermont
Libertarian/Anarcho-Capitalist

User avatar
Wayneactia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 897
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Wayneactia » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:09 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I object to calling them raiders

Put forthrightly, The Unicorns of the World is being raided, and it is thus appropriate to refer to F&F as raiders (although not under their actual collective name, of course :P).

Who gives a shit? It is a dead region. It was a protectorate of Vandoosa's anyway, and she stated she was joining, so it is possible she gave them the password. Quit giving them fucking attention and maybe they will go do something else with their time.

User avatar
A Bloodred Moon
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 53
Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:40 am

Lord Dominator wrote:I object to calling them raiders

I agree with this. Fossils and Friends is not worth the title of raider. Furthermore, this region had how many residents before they decided to turn on Vandy and claim it as a "victory"? I'm opposed to giving them more attention over what is, essentially, a tag target they practically got handed over by Vandy.
Armaros

User avatar
J o J
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 55
Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby J o J » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:26 am

Thanks for calling me a fascist, my friend. I love to be a democracy but still get targeted as a fascist just for saying I don’t support LGBT. All publicity is good publicity. :)
"If you give your people an inch, they'll take a mile; so just give them a nanometer instead so they'll take an inch."

User avatar
Wayneactia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 897
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Wayneactia » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:35 am

J o J wrote:Thanks for calling me a fascist, my friend. I love to be a democracy but still get targeted as a fascist just for saying I don’t support LGBT. All publicity is good publicity. :)

Your fucking region is tagged fascist for fucks sake.

User avatar
Kuriko
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1038
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:45 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Put forthrightly, The Unicorns of the World is being raided, and it is thus appropriate to refer to F&F as raiders (although not under their actual collective name, of course :P).

Who gives a shit? It is a dead region. It was a protectorate of Vandoosa's anyway, and she stated she was joining, so it is possible she gave them the password. Quit giving them fucking attention and maybe they will go do something else with their time.

Two things, Vandoosa is a guy and he didn't give the password to them because someone else he trusted did. Oh, and pretty sure he's not joining them either because he hates fascists.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
BlackLight Covenant
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 118
Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby BlackLight Covenant » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 am

So why is this specific raid more important than your bog standard tag/trophy raid, exactly? Sure, it's apparently some old protectorate of ours, but seeing how that's probably a relic of our old region, its relevance is about as great as any random inactive region without a founder.

Is this just being proposed because there has been some pointless drama related to ideological conflict with whoever these "attackers" are? Or is it because Iwaku is involved in a fairly remote manner? I don't see much ground for a liberation here; it's yet another random trophy that will quickly fade into irrelevance.

Dietrich Latvala
- Primary Multiversal Ambassador
- 1st Corporate Representative to the World Assembly
- An actually mostly sane member of the Diplomatic Corps for a change

Ellen Lovik
- Secondary Multiversal Ambassador
- 2nd Corporate Representative to the World Assembly
- Mentally mildly stuck in the mindset from her time as riot officer

Nichlas Vilhelmson
- Tertiary Multiversal Ambassador
- Reserve Corporate Representative to the World Assembly
- Always carries a datapad with corporate advertisements on him



Currently the most general officer of generic things, common issues, and standard matters for The Glorious Nations of Iwaku!


User avatar
Vando0sa
Envoy
 
Posts: 237
Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Vando0sa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:45 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Put forthrightly, The Unicorns of the World is being raided, and it is thus appropriate to refer to F&F as raiders (although not under their actual collective name, of course :P).

Who gives a shit? It is a dead region. It was a protectorate of Vandoosa's anyway, and she stated she was joining, so it is possible she gave them the password. Quit giving them fucking attention and maybe they will go do something else with their time.



Nope.

This is a perfect time to point out that I retired from Gameplay over this in a hurry.

I am NOT working with Block or Fossils and Friends. I did not give them the password. Shadow did (I talked to her in private we are still friends even though *swats her with a newspaper for working with fascists*)

I do know the password and the only reason I didn't give it to defenders at the time when confronted about it is because of the password itself..

I refused to give out Children of the Grave's password as well. This is because I am long time friends with shadow. She used to be the leader of Iwaku's military back when we raided this very region.. yes it's a "protectorate" because we raided it so she just kinda double raided it..

My friendship with Shadow is the only reason I'm not complying with the will of gameplay.

As for the SC proposal I'll support! I usually approve all of them when delegate anyways.

Also why does my gender matter here?
Last edited by Vando0sa on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I raided a region and I liked it!

User avatar
Maraculand
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Apr 25, 2005
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Maraculand » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:31 am

No idea what this is. Is simply another "anti-fascist" operation?

User avatar
Ethan Allen
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 120
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethan Allen » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:56 am

I’m so disappointed in NSGP! Arguing over wether or not we are raiders (we totally are :P ), bringing up the supposed gender of a player as if that matters to the liberation, over the relevance of the victimized region in question, and fascism.

Either the Security Council cares about protecting regions from hostile forces or it doesn’t.
Prince of Vermont
Libertarian/Anarcho-Capitalist

User avatar
Syberis
Diplomat
 
Posts: 511
Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Syberis » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:24 am

Begging for attention doesn't become... well, anyone tbh.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

User avatar
Ethan Allen
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 120
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethan Allen » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:46 am

The title of raider is not earned at the behest of TBH. It is earned by raiding, which we obviously do.

These are hostile occupations whether they have one native or 100.
Last edited by Ethan Allen on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince of Vermont
Libertarian/Anarcho-Capitalist

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5836
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 am

And we are - after some semantic squabbling - Proposal-A-Go-Go.
Valentine Z for WA Secretary-General 2020 * BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO MORE SAD DAYS!
OOC: 44yo Tory woman; occasional lobbyist and satirist; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
IC: The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372) * Mayor: Saffron Howard (UCP) * Delegate-Ambassador to the WA: Lydia Anderson
Author: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115 (with Turbeaux), SC#267, GA#484 (R)
First Place: Cup of Harmony 73 * Last Place: WorldVision Song Contest 55 * Seeking the WA Delegacy of The Pacific Group - SOS!

User avatar
Ethan Allen
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 120
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethan Allen » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:13 am

I’m very disappointed that you think tearing down the password would be beneficial in any capacity to the region question. I’m even more disappointed that you apparently lack proper research skills for such a prolific SC Author. Your points in section 2 are inherently false. 10000 Islands did not force us out of Pars. It’s truly laughable that you think that’s fact. We left on our own accord to raid The Unicorns of the world.
Prince of Vermont
Libertarian/Anarcho-Capitalist

User avatar
Red Millennium
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Capitalizt

Postby Red Millennium » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:19 am

Tinhampton wrote:but the raiders were forced out by 10000 Islands shortly after voting on that Liberation began.

They literally gave it to the fendas to make the liberation useless.
A Bloodred Moon wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:I object to calling them raiders

I agree with this. Fossils and Friends is not worth the title of raider. Furthermore, this region had how many residents before they decided to turn on Vandy and claim it as a "victory"? I'm opposed to giving them more attention over what is, essentially, a tag target they practically got handed over by Vandy.

They are the only ones worthy of the title of raiders.

User avatar
McManniaa
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 115
Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby McManniaa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:30 am

Red Millennium wrote:They are the only ones worthy of the title of raiders.


Well we all know that's not true. Not even a little true. Its so factually untrue I wouldn't be surprised if we heard it quoted by trump at his next rally prefaced with the phrase "Believe me folks".

If the blacklist bois are worthy of anything at this point (and its definitely something but I don't feel like getting forum banned today), its not a fictitious title denoting some form of value they don't have, or a position they have not achieved.

User avatar
Red Millennium
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Capitalizt

Postby Red Millennium » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:35 am

They achieved that position years ago.

User avatar
McManniaa
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 115
Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby McManniaa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:39 am

Red Millennium wrote:They achieved that position years ago.


How far the "mighty" have fallen

User avatar
Red Millennium
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Capitalizt

Postby Red Millennium » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 am

McManniaa wrote:
Red Millennium wrote:They achieved that position years ago.


How far the "mighty" have fallen

They haven´t fallen at all, stop looking for them down there...

User avatar
The Gilded Star
Envoy
 
Posts: 233
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Gilded Star » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:46 pm

J o J wrote:Thanks for calling me a fascist, my friend. I love to be a democracy but still get targeted as a fascist just for saying I don’t support LGBT. All publicity is good publicity. :)


If you don't like being called a fascist, stop sitting at the table with fascists.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kuriko, Menta Lee-IL, Navsland, Racoda

Advertisement

Remove ads