NATION

PASSWORD

★ Young Hickory [NEWS][COMMENTS-ALLOWED][OPEN-FOR-COMMENTS]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

★ Young Hickory [NEWS][COMMENTS-ALLOWED][OPEN-FOR-COMMENTS]

Postby Confederate American SU » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:20 am

★ Young Hickory ★

The blog that started it all!

About
Young Hickory is a blog, WEBM Channel, and online persona owned and run by Casey F. Pickett since the mid-21st century. The WEBM channel has 235 million subscribers, one of the largest worldwide. The blog meanwhile is less visited but still boasts a high viewer count. Much of the content is political in nature, with Pickett often satirizing and mocking political opponents and other nations. Despite his retirement from active politics, Pickett still opines on various topics and the news, even to this day. Though mostly an opinion blog, Pickett frequently posts links to more objective sources of information. In keeping with his lax nature, Pickett allows comments, even those from foreign nations, to be posted without restraint, with a few exceptions.
Last edited by Confederate American SU on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★
Republic of Confederate American States and Syndicates

No, it is not the Confederate States of America.

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:07 pm

Coronavirus and the Oriental Threat to Civilization: China's Disgusting Valentine's Gift
February 14, 2190

Howdy folks! It's Pickett here and I wish you all a great Valentine's Day. Have a date with your loved one, make some chocolates, buy some chocolates. However, one thing you probably shouldn't do is spend your honeymoon in the so-called People's Republic of China or even get close to a Chinese person. The CPC, once again, has royally fucked up in downplaying this plague and not getting rid of wet markets. Like seriously, it's the current year at 2190. Having the plague at this time is just embarrassing! They even got the disease from bats! Literal bats! These Chinamen simply can't stop eating bats? They already decimated the Pacific shark population to the point where it's interfering with our fishing operations. China has repeatedly shown itself to be a threat to us from both an environmental and sanitary perspective.

Now, I'm not saying we should nuke China and such. Thankfully, we don't trade with the squinty eyed chinks anyhow. So really, this post is kind of redundant unless you're one of the few Americans allowed to visit that god-forsaken country.

Then again, was it really bats or was this the result of Chinese bio-engineering gone wrong? Who knows?

The Expedition is Ready
February 14, 2190

After years of preparation, the expedition to Proxima Centauri b is ready. We have already seen signs of life on the planet through our telescopes. This is also the first time that we are going to send an interstellar mission. The mission has four parts.

Construction: The probes and ship will be assembled at the New Mississippi colony in Earth orbit.
Travel: This is obvious, but it was hard to build spacecraft that could go fast enough to make the trip within a lifetime. As I said before, this is going to take 80-90 years.
Landing: The shuttle and probes have to land on the planet safely. This also has to all be automated due to the sheer distances involved.
The Expedition: The probes will autonomously observe the planet, with the priority being searching for signs of life.

Really, it's going to take 80-90 years, and we also have to take into account the 4 year input lag. But, I think this is an important step in finding out if we're truly alone. Well, besides the microbes we found in Europa. But, who cares about microbes, we need to see if multicellular life exists out there!

For review, here's the probes for this most important mission.

Leonardo DaVinci: Specialized in finding fauna, this probe is geared with a more risk-taking AI. It has six Camera Disks and a few Crawling Probes.

Issac Newton: Specialized in finding flora, this probe is geared with a more cautious AI. Like Leo, it has Camera Disks and Crawling Probes.

I'm so excited about this mission, but it's going to take a whole century to complete! It's making me SO tense!

Here's the official link to the mission, including a livestream of the take off from New Mississippi: https://CSA.cas/Expedition

The Van Buren launches on February 20th, the anniversary of the February Revolution!
Last edited by Confederate American SU on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Weekly Dose of News
February 15, 2190

- Renovations to the levee system in Louisiana have begun after negotiations between the UBC, LCA, ILA, and the state of Louisiana.
- Protests against the Japanese government have turned into rioting after police and military forces attempted a crackdown.
- The Van Buren had launched yesterday for an expedition to Proxima Centauri b.
- On February 10th, Tom and Jerry attraction has opened in the Hollywood Studios Theme Park in Orlando to celebrate its 250th anniversary as well as a feature length movie at the same day.
- The Coronavirus rages in China and Korea, with 70,000 cases worldwide. 60,000 of them are in China and Korea. There are a few cases in Vietnam, the USSR, and the Islamic State. Over 1000 deaths have been reported.
- The USSR has closed all trade with China following the Coronavirus outbreak, while the RCAS has been detaining all recent Soviet and Vietnamese visitors to check for the virus
- A vaccine is in the works in both China and the Western world

The Japan Question
February 15, 2190

Japan is a really interesting place. At the crossroads between the US government in exile, the People's Republic of China, the USSR, and the RCAS, it somehow managed to retain full independence and sovereignty under an ultra-nationalist government. Similarly, our relation with the Japanese is odd. On one hand, our governments function on near opposite premises, with the Japanese preferring order to freedom and us being the opposite. Yet, the two nations have become major trading partners with similar interests against Chinese aggression. It is not our place to get into drawn out wars in the name of ideological crusades. America is and should never be a Trotskyist nation. 'Pickettian Democracy' is a uniquely American phenomena, the expression of inherently Occidental values. The Orient historically have rejected liberty and democracy, and I don't see these protests succeeding. However, if they do, I hope that they don't replace the native tyranny of their government with a Chinese-backed state.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:04 pm

Old Hickory: The End of the Line
February 17, 2190

In around a fortnight, Old Hickory is coming out on the anniversary of the start of my namesake''s Presidency. It has been a long run since our crowdfunding camapign to get the game off the ground, and I want to thank all of our funders. I also want to thank all of my fellow developers in making this dream project a reality. I promise you all that Old Hickory is going to be great!

Old Hickory is coming out on March 4, 2190!
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

Return to Factbooks and National Information