NATION

PASSWORD

[IN GAME] Wrecked by Wrestling?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

[IN GAME] Wrecked by Wrestling?

Postby Voxija » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:26 pm

I wanted there to be an issue about professional wrestling in the game, so I came up with this little idea. I don't know a lot about pro wrestling, though, so I might need advice on how to make this issue better for pro wrestling fans.

Updated!! This issue is now in the game!

Title: Wrecked by Wrestling?

Description: A little kid accidentally broke @@HIS@@ classmate's spine imitating @@HIS@@ favorite wrestler Bulk Bogan's "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" move. Angry moralists have blamed the incident on professional wrestling in general, and they are gathering in front of your office.

Validity: maybe capitalism?

Option 1: "Ban professional wrestling!" screams @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, founder of the group People Opposed to Practically Everything, using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to them! They began beating up other kids on the playground—my little Kay even tried to bodyslam a teacher! Outlaw professional wrestling! Do it for the children."
Effect: former pro wrestlers loiter on street corners

Option 2: "I'm THE BULK!" says Bulk Bogan, the professional wrestler whose "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" has caused so much trouble. "You want to know what THE BULK thinks about all this? Only THE BULK can make these moves, but if you kids wanna learn these moves FOR REAL, come and en—en—come to the BULK BOGAN Academy for Little Wrestlers!"
Effect: school lockers are filled with fancy underwear

Option 3: "A school for wrestling? That's not what @@NAME needs", says your incredibly bland Minister of Party Pooping. "All @@NAME@@ needs is an awareness program teaching people that professional wrestling is in fact fake. Then everyone would just stop complaining."
Effect: the government tells people what they already know

Description: A little kid accidentally broke @@HIS@@ classmate's spine imitating @@HIS@@ favorite wrestler Bulk Bogan's "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" move.

Validity: some Ignorance, maybe capitalism?

Option 1: "Ban professional wrestling!" screams @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, founder of the group People Opposed to Practically Everything, using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to them! They began beating up other kids on the playground—my little Kay even tried to bodyslam a teacher! Outlaw professional wrestling! Do it for the children."

Option 2: "I'm THE BULK!" says Bulk Bogan, the professional wrestler whose "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" has caused so much trouble. "You want to know what THE BULK thinks about all this? Only THE BULK can make these moves, but if you kids wanna learn these moves FOR REAL, come and en—en—come to the BULK BOGAN Academy for Little Wrestlers!"

Option 3: "A school for wrestling? That's not what @@NAME needs", says your incredibly bland Minister of Party Pooping. "All @@NAME@@ needs is an awareness program teaching people that professional wrestling is in fact fake. Then everyone would just stop complaining."

Description: A little kid accidentally broke @@HIS@@ classmate's spine imitating @@HIS@@ favorite wrestler Bulk Bogan's "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" move.

Option 1: "Ban professional wrestling!" screams Catherine Gratwick, founder of the group People Opposed to Practically Everything, using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to them! They began beating up other kids on the playground—my little Kay even tried to bodyslam a teacher! Outlaw professional wrestling! Do it for the children."

Option 2: "I'm THE BULK!" says Bulk Bogan, the professional wrestler who's "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" has caused so much trouble. "You want to know what THE BULK thinks about all this? Only THE BULK can make these moves, but if you kids wanna learn these moves FOR REAL, come and en—en—come to the BULK BOGAN Academy for Little Wrestlers!"

Option 1: "Ban professional wrestling!" screams Catherine Gratwick, founder of the group People Opposed to Practically Everything, using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to them! They began beating up other kids on the playground—my little Kay even tried to bodyslam a teacher! Outlaw professional wrestling! Do it for the children."

Option 2: "It's not my fault!" says Bulk Bogan, the professional wrestler who's "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" has caused so much trouble. "I faked those moves, and if that little kid really knew how to wrestle, @@HE@@ wouldn't have hurt @@HIS@@ friend. I know what to do. Teach all school kids professional wrestling. You know, how to fake a fight. Then deadly accidents and big injuries won't happen again."

Option 3: "That's a bit too extreme," says @@CAPITAL@@ Sunray Hysterioso, another professional wrestler, grappling one of your aides. "All @@NAME@@ needs is an awareness program teaching people that professional wrestling is in fact fake. Then everyone would just stop complaining."

Title: Kayfabe Gone Too Far?

Option 1: "Ban professional wrestling!" screams Catherine Gratwick, founder of the group People Opposed to Pratically Everything, using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to them! They began beating up other kids on the playground—my little Kay even tried to bodyslam a teacher! Outlaw professional wrestling! Do it for the children."

Option 2: "It's not my fault!" says Bulk Bogan, the professional wrestler who's "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" has caused so much trouble. "I faked those moves, and if that little kid really knew how to wrestle, @@HE@@ wouldn't have hurt @@HIS@@ friend. I know what to do. Teach all school kids professional wrestling. You know, how to fake a fight. Then deadly accidents and big injuries won't happen again."

Option 3: "That's a bit too extreme," says @@CAPITAL@@ Sunray Hysterioso, another professional wrestler, grappling one of your aides. "All @@NAME@@ needs is an awareness program teaching people that professional wrestling is in fact real. Then everyone would just stop complaining."

Option 1: "Ban it!" screams Catherine Gratwick, founder of the group People Opposed to Pratically Everything (POPE), using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to them! They began beating up other kids on the playground—my little Kay even tried to bodyslam a teacher! Outlaw professional wrestling! Do it for the children."

Option 2: "It's not my fault!" says Bulk Bogan, the wrestler who's "@@ANIMAL@@ Tackle" has caused so much trouble. "I faked those moves, and if that little kid really knew how to wrestle, @@HE@@ wouldn't have hurt @@HIS@@ friend. I know what to do. Teach all school kids professional wrestling. You know, how to fake a fight. Then deadly accidents won't happen again."

Option 3: "That's a bit too extreme," says @@CAPITAL@@ Sunray Hysterioso, another professional wrestler, grappling one of your aides. "All @@NAME@@ needs is an awareness program teaching people that professional wrestling is, in fact, real. Then everyone would just stop complaining."

Option 4: "Pro wrestling promotes terrible perversions!" screams a Cyanist priest. "Professional wrestling is full of men wearing fancy underwear, grabbing each other and sometimes even shoving a hand into each other's fancy underwear and grabbing the other man's private parts. If that isn't gay, I don't know what is." The priest licks his lips and then continues, "You shouldn't ban professional wrestling, though. However, the matches should only have men and women fighting each other. It'd be less gay that way."
Validity: no Atheist policy
Effect: priests are slightly aroused by @@NAME@@'s pro wrestling matches

Description: After little kid @@RANDOMNAME@@ accidentally injured @@HIS@@ classmate imitating @@HIS@@ favorite wrestler, concerned parents have questioned whether pro wrestling should be banned. Moralist groups have gathered outside your office, intent on making the government do something about professional wrestling.

Option 1: "Ban it!" screams Catherine Gratwick, founder of the group People Opposed to Pratically Everything (POPE), using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to them! They began beating up other kids on the playground—Little Kay even tried to bodyslam a teacher! Outlaw professional wrestling! Do it for the children."

Option 2: "It would be insanity to ban professional wrestling!" says professional wrestler Sunray Hysterioso, grappling one of your aides. "Since it's all faked, it's not really violent, and less people get hurt than in Calvinball. Maybe you could insta—insti—put into place an awareness program to make sure people know that wrestling is faked. Do it for the children."
Effect: the government annoys citizens by telling them what they already know

Option 3: "That guy doesn't know what is best for @@NAME@@," says @@CAPITAL@@ Bulk Bogan, another professional wrestler. "It would be best for @@NAME@@ if all school kids have to learn professional wrestling. You know, how to fake a fight. It's good exercise, and fun too. In South Nobovindia, high schoolers can join pro wrestling clubs, and the South Nobovindians have much lower homicide rates than their neighbors. Put professional wrestling in the curriculum. Do it for the children."

Option 4: "Pro wrestling promotes terrible perversions!" screams a Cyanist priest. "Professional wrestling is full of men wearing fancy underwear, grabbing each other and sometimes even shoving a hand into each other's fancy underwear and grabbing the other man's private parts. If that isn't gay, I don't know what is." The priest licks his lips and then continues, "You shouldn't ban professional wrestling, though. However, the matches should only have men and women fighting each other. It'd be less gay that way."
Validity: no Atheist policy
Effect: feminists are confused by @@NAME@@'s pro wrestling matches

Description: After little kid @@RANDOMNAME@@ accidentally injured @@HIS@@ classmate imitating @@HIS@@ favorite wrestler, concerned parents have questioned whether pro wrestling should be banned. Moralist groups have gathered outside your office, intent on making the government do something about professional wrestling.

Option 1: "Ban it!" screams Catherine Gratwick, founder of the group People Opposed to Pratically Everything (POPE), using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to them! They began beating up other kids on the playground—Little Kay even tried to bodyslam a teacher! Outlaw professional wrestling! Do it for the children."

Option 2: "It would be insanity to ban professional wrestling!" says professional wrestler Sunray Hysterioso, grappling one of your aides. "Since it's all faked, it's not really violent, and less people get hurt than in Calvinball. Maybe you could insta—insti—put into place an awareness program to make sure people know that wrestling is faked. Do it for the children."
Effect: @@NAME@@'s workers frequently shirk their jobs to see wrestling matches

Option 3: "That guy doesn't know what is best for @@NAME@@," says @@CAPITAL@@ Bulk Bogan, another professional wrestler. "It would be best for @@NAME@@ if all school kids have to learn professional wrestling. You know, how to fake a fight. It's good exercise, and fun too. In South Nobovindia, high schoolers can join pro wrestling clubs, and the South Nobovindians have much lower homicide rates than their neighbors. Put professional wrestling in the curriculum. Do it for the children."

Description: After some incidents involving @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ protesting outside thunderdomes and newscasters denouncing professional wrestling, it appears that some @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ actually think that pro wrestling is a real thing. Moralist groups have gathered outside your office, intent on making the government do something about professional wrestling.

Option 1: "Ban it!" screams Catherine Gratwick, founder of the group People Opposed to Pratically Everything (POPE), using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took me to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to me! There were people—in terrible ugly fancy underwear—beating each other up! I don't see how this terrible, violent sport should ever exist. Outlaw professional wrestling."

Option 2: "It would be insanity to ban professional wrestling!" says professional wrestler Sunray Hysterioso, grappling one of your aides. "This Gratwick chick doesn't get that it's faked. Since it's all faked, it's not really violent, and less people get hurt than in Calvinball. Professional wrestling is entertainment to millions in @@NAME@@. Banning pro wrestling would be ridiculous. Support pro wrestlers instead. Help us wrestlers weather this protesting."

Option 3: "That guy doesn't know what is best for @@NAME@@," says @@CAPITAL@@ Bulk Bogan, another professional wrestler. "It would be best for @@NAME@@ if all school kids have to learn professional wrestling. You know, how to fake a fight. It's good exercise, and fun too. In South Nobovindia, high schoolers can join pro wrestling clubs, and the South Nobovindians have a much lower homicide rate than their neighbors. Put professional wrestling in the curriculum. For the children."

Option 4: "Pro wrestling isn't the problem here," asserts Dr. @@RANDOMFIRSTNAME@@ Frood, a creepy psychologist. "The problem is that people believe it is real. We need to give all @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ behavioral modification and social conditioning so that they don't immediately believe everything they see or hear. Except whatever I say to them, of course." Dr. Frood smiles creepily.
Effect: people in @@NAME@@ don't believe in fairies but they do believe quacks

Description: After some incidents involving @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ protesting outside thunderdomes and newscasters denouncing professional wrestling, it appears that some @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ actually think that pro wrestling is a real thing. Moralist groups have gathered outside your office, intent on making the government do something about professional wrestling.

Option 1: "Ban it!" screams Catherine Gratwick, founder of the group People Opposed to Pratically Everything (POPE), using her sign to break your office window. "My deadbeat husband took me to a wrestling match once, and that was the worst thing that ever happened to me! There were people—in terrible fancy underwear—beating each other up! I don't see how this terrible, violent sport should ever exist. Outlaw professional wrestling."

Option 2: "It would be insanity to ban professional wrestling!" says professional wrestler Sunray Hysterioso, grappling one of your aides. "This Gratwick chick doesn't get that it's faked. Since it's all faked, it's not really violent, and less people get hurt than in Calvinball. Professional wrestling is entertainment to millions in @@NAME@@. Banning pro wrestling would be ridiculous. Support pro wrestlers instead. Help us wrestlers weather this protesting."

Option 3: "That guy doesn't know what is best for @@NAME@@," says @@CAPITAL@@ Bulk Bogan, another professional wrestler. "It would be best for @@NAME@@ if all school kids have to learn professional wrestling. You know, how to fake a fight. It's good exercise, and fun too. In South Nobovindia, high schoolers can join pro wrestling clubs, and the South Nobovindians have a much lower homicide rate than their neighbors. Put professional wrestling in the curriculum. Do it for the children."

Option 4: "Pro wrestling isn't the problem here," asserts Dr. @@RANDOMFIRSTNAME@@ Frood, a creepy psychologist. "The problem is that people believe it is real. We need to give all @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ behavioral modification and social conditioning so that they don't immediately believe everything they see or hear. Except whatever I say to them, of course." Dr. Frood smiles creepily. "Do it for the undeveloped juvenile humans."

Option 5: "Professional wrestling is faked, but that isn't the only thing that's faked," says famed futurist Maximillian Echebarry, really looking at his hands. "We—everyone in @@NAME@@—is in a simulation. All of us are just bits and bytes in a mainframe in the higher universe. War, peace, incredibly long novels—just the higher dimensional beings making us do things for their amusements. What @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ need is to see the bigger picture. Make the truth that we are in a simulation government policy." Echebarry eyes a lamp suspiciously.
Effect: @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ suspect they are code within a simulator game

Description: After some incidents involving @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ protesting at professional wrestling arenas and little kids beating each other up, it appears that some @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ actually think that pro wrestling is a real thing. Moralist groups are pressuring you to outlaw it, for the sake of the children and everybody else.

[option] "Ban it!" screams concerned mother Catherine Gratwick, using her sign to break your office window. "After my deadbeat husband took my kids to a wrestling match, they began to tackle all the other kids on the playground. And I heard from my aunt's school friend's husband's accountant that @@HIS@@ brother assaulted someone imitating a move that wrestler John Seemee did on TV. If even adults can be violently influenced by professional wrestling, it only makes sense to ban it. Do it for my children."

[option] "It would be insanity to ban professional wrestling!" says professional wrestler Sunray Hysterioso, grappling one of your aides. "Professional wrestling is entertainment to millions in @@NAME@@. Since it's all faked, it's not really violent, and less people get hurt than in Calvinball. Banning pro wrestling would be ridiculous. Support pro wrestlers instead. Do it for the children."

[option] "That guy doesn't know what is best for @@NAME@@," says @@CAPITAL@@ Bulk Bogan, another professional wrestler. "It would be best for @@NAME@@ if all school kids have to learn professional wrestling. You know, how to fake a fight. It's good exercise, and fun too. In South Nobovindia, high schoolers can join pro wrestling clubs, and the South Nobovindians have a much lower homicide rate than their neighbors. Put professional wrestling in the curriculum. Do it for the children."

[option] "Pro wrestling isn't the problem here," asserts Dr. @@RANDOMFIRSTNAME@@ Frood, a creepy psychologist. "The problem is that people believe it is real. We need to give all @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ behavioral modification and social conditioning so that they don't immediately believe everything they see or hear. Except whatever I say to them, of course." Dr. Frood smiles creepily. "Do it for the undeveloped juvenile humans."
Last edited by Voxija on Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 17 times in total.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:15 am

If going to a wrestling match encourages denonym to bash the shit out of eachother, then your issue isn't whether or not wrestling is real
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:05 am

Description: After some incidents involving @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ protesting at professional wrestling arenas and little kids beating each other up, it appears that some @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ actually think that pro wrestling is a real thing. Moralist groups are pressuring you to outlaw it, for the sake of the children and everybody else.

Your second sentence is a non-sequitur. I suggest revisit your premise to get something that has more of a natural narrative flow to it.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:16 pm

I edited my issue (technically twice) and I modified the premise. I think it's better now.
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:00 am

The non-sequitur remains. Strip it down and you have:

1) Some people think wrestling is real.
2) Some people want you to do something about wrestling.

The two statements don't connect in narrative. Hell, even your first sentence contains a non-sequitur:

1) Incidents protesting against wrestling have taken place.
2) Some people think wrestling is real.

There's no connect!

I'd also note that even in nations where pro-wrestling is big business, people don't think it's "real", they just don't think it's "fake". Essentially people are aware that they're watching trained athletes and actors weaving a story and delivering great entertainment. Complaining about people getting into that is about as silly as complaining about people being into kung fu movies, or watching soap operas, or going to a circus. People are paying money to go see a show, and they know they are doing so. You don't need to believe that Jackie Chan is actually fighting thugs in the Bronx to enjoy watching his movie. You don't have to believe that J R Ewing was really an oil baron or believe that he actually got shot to care who shot him.

That's the end of it.

If you want to make an issue where people are calling for a ban for wrestling, then create a story that justifies that call for action. Maybe kids in the playground are injuring each other copying a Hulk Hogan expy's piledriver move and now some kid is paralysed. Maybe a pastor caught his son wrestling in his underpants with another boy and is worried wrestling is a bit gay, and you're in a nation where homosexuality is banned.

Lots of approaches, but try to connect the dots, and make it an actual story.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:33 pm

I edited it again again.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Maybe kids in the playground are injuring each other copying a Hulk Hogan expy's piledriver move and now some kid is paralysed.

I can't remember where I was at the time, it was either Thailand or Indonesia, but the above did happen and that government then banned WWE from that nation's TV.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:53 am

Better!

But you've still got too much redundancy in providing non-useful information, and are lacking the story details that would make this more engaging or amusing.

We don't need to know the kid's name (at least, not at this stage of the story), or that parents are concerned, or that moralists are gathered, or that they want the government to do something. Of course people are objecting to a situation - that's what the issue options are for.

We do need to know the wrestlers name, the move being copied, and the injury suffered. And these details need to be funny, or at the very least, amusing.

Think about what makes a story interesting. Think about what you'd want to know if you saw this on the news.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:17 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:We do need to know the wrestlers name

How about 'Bulk Bogan' ?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:42 pm

I edited the draft a couple of times. I added and then removed the priest accusing wrestling of being gay. I also added some other things.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:39 am

I'd note that the title doesn't really apply here.

Kayfabe is the simulated narrative around the show and the pretense at reality, not the in-ring action.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:07 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:I'd note that the title doesn't really apply here.

Kayfabe is the simulated narrative around the show and the pretense at reality, not the in-ring action.

Changed the title.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:56 pm

Voxija wrote:Option 3: "That's a bit too extreme," says @@CAPITAL@@ Sunray Hysterioso, another professional wrestler, grappling one of your aides. "All @@NAME@@ needs is an awareness program teaching people that professional wrestling is in fact real. Then everyone would just stop complaining."

Did you mean to have this character saying wrestling is real or wrestling is fake?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:58 pm

Fixed some typos. It's still the same draft since it's just a few typos.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Bulk Bogan :rofl: :lol2: :rofl:
I'm not sure whether or not you know what "bogan" means, bur if you did, you'd be pissing yourself laughing. "Bulk bogan" is perfect :clap: :clap: :clap:

Option 2- What kind of professional wrestler admits that professional wrestling is fake? Also, there are real types of wrestling and fake types of wrestling.
E.g. WWE- Fake AF
Greco-Roman wrestling in the Olympics- real
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:56 am

Aussie is right. The whole kayfabe thing means that no wrestler will ever admit that its faked, because part of the social contract is that we expect them to be in character when making public statements.

You gotta make him sound like a wrestler would sound when talking about these things

"LISTEN UP, ALL OF YOU! I'm the Bulk, and the Bulk is a professional fighter. I been tellin' all of you that ONLY THE BULK can make these moves. ONLY THE BULK can do the Bulk Piledriver. Hey, you kids want to learn how to do these moves FOR REAL, then you need to come to the Bulk Bogan Academy for Young Wrestlers! Hey, @@LEADER@@, you wanna step up to the challenge, and pay for these tykes to come to my academy? THE BULK SAYS YES!"

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:52 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:"LISTEN UP, ALL OF YOU! I'm the Bulk, and the Bulk is a professional fighter. I been tellin' all of you that ONLY THE BULK can make these moves. ONLY THE BULK can do the Bulk Piledriver. Hey, you kids want to learn how to do these moves FOR REAL, then you need to come to the Bulk Bogan Academy for Young Wrestlers! Hey, @@LEADER@@, you wanna step up to the challenge, and pay for these tykes to come to my academy? THE BULK SAYS YES!"

YES! :D That is PERFECT!
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:58 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Bulk Bogan :rofl: :lol2: :rofl:
I'm not sure whether or not you know what "bogan" means, bur if you did, you'd be pissing yourself laughing.

I had a vague idea of the meaning. (I've read [probably] all of Jon Cleary's 'Scobie Malone' stories, and might have picked it up from use there...).
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:37 pm

I edited it; what do you think? Also, bogan is intentional :p .

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:27 am

I.

I think this is better than what you began with, but you might have removed just a little too much.

My reasoning is as follows; this description no longer tells you why this is an issue about 'wrestling', rather than an issue about, say, playground bullying or child violence. I would recommend a very short second sentence that demonstrates the point of the issue - that the kid believes wrestling is 'real', in whatever meaning of the word 'real' is relevant here.

It was a good move to remove the part about the concerned parents and the moralist groups.

II. Also, maybe consider changing the injury? Breaking a child's spine is a pretty heavy injury, so it's sorta dark. That one's more a matter of taste, though.

III. In option two, you use "who's" to refer to the animal tackle - "who's" is a contraction of "who is", and not the possessive form of "who". You want the word "whose" here.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:44 pm

I edited the issue again. It is almost ready to submit.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:26 am

Voxija wrote:Validity: maybe capitalism?

What specifically makes you think that the issue would only be valid for nations with the Capitalism policy? I don't see anything in the current draft that would be contradictory if a socialist nation had this issue.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Oh what the heck, I submitted it.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Voxija wrote:Oh what the heck, I submitted it.

Did you have any thoughts on the comment I made regarding the validity?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:44 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Voxija wrote:Oh what the heck, I submitted it.

Did you have any thoughts on the comment I made regarding the validity?

I changed the validity to "all" when I submitted it.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?