NATION

PASSWORD

Proposal on repealment system amendment

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Proposal on repealment system amendment

Postby Nacrad » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:27 am

Observing, in the past resolutions, even ones with up to 83% "For" votes have been repealed, I request that the repealment process be amended as follows:

1. Regarding the repealment of high-approval-rate resolutions
1ai. Resolutions passed with more than 85% "For" votes may not be repealed
1aii. The limitation outlined in (1i.) may be overturned if more than 75% of the total number of the voted number of countries petitioned a repealment(i.e. if 10000 nations in total voted, a repealment is only possible when more than 7500 nations petitioned for repealment).

2. Regarding repealment of resolutions not outlined in (1)
2a Eligible nations, when deemed fit, may propose to repeal any resolution. After the WA Delegates' discussion, a supermajority (two in three) approval is required in the floor vote. If and only if a supermajority is achieved may the repealment process proceed.
2bi When it is approved that the General Assembly repeals a resolution, any nation may request a Judicial Review to overturn the repealment within 6 weeks of the repealment vote's closure. This again requires a supermajority approval to proceed.
2bii. If the Judicial Review is approved, a Jury is assembled among the World Assembly delegates to review the resolution and decide if the repealment is overruled or approved.
2biii If the repealment is overruled, the proposer of the resolution may also request a Judicial Review, here, a new Jury shall be formed to decide if the repealment is vetoed or is allowed to proceed.
2biv The items 2bii and 2biii may repeat twice.

Please ignore this post if the measures outlined have already been carried out.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Desmosthenes and Burke
GA Secretariat

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Desmosthenes and Burke » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:05 am

As a GA proposal, illegal. Take it up in technical. As a technical matter, I doubt that would go anywhere either.
GA Links: Proposal Rules | GenSec Procedures | Questions and Answers | Passed Resolutions
Late 30s French Married in NYC
Mostly Catholic, Libertarian-ish supporter of Le Rassemblement Nationale and Republican Party
Current Ambassador: Iulia Larcensis Metili, Legatus Plenipotentis
WA Elite Oligarch since 2023
National Sovereigntist
Name: Demosthenes and Burke
Language: Latin + Numerous tribal languages
Majority Party and Ideology: Aurora Latine - Roman Nationalism, Liberal Conservatism

Hébreux 13:2 - N’oubliez pas l’hospitalité car, grâce à elle, certains, sans le savoir, ont accueilli des anges.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:37 am

Resolutions cannot effect game coding. At all. No matter how many times it is proposed. You want to change game code? Take it to technical forum and convince the folks why they need to change the game code to satisfy a whim.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:47 am

Nacrad wrote:Resolutions passed with more than 85% "For" votes may not be repealed

I know that others have pointed out that resolutions do not affect game code, but why would you even want this to be a thing in the first place?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Return to General Assembly