NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon: Warlords and Warriors (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Pokemon: Warlords and Warriors (IC)

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:36 pm

Warlords and Warriors

OOC

The Imperial Capital

The sun hung over the Capital, its two towers glistening. Everyday life went on as normal, surprisingly slow and almost quiet despite being the centre of the Nation, politically and culturally. That's how people liked it in Enju--slow, routine, and almost dream-like. On its surface, all seemed well in the universe and few had any reason to believe otherwise.

Inside the Palace, that vast complex of corridors, houses, and rooms, life also carried on its routines and schedules. Despite this, however, an ominous cloud hung over each ritual. Only days before had the agents and forces of the Empress' family carried out a brutal massacre of her opponents within these same halls and in far off places rumours of discontent were spreading. To exacerbate matters, the so-called Sage of Shion was calling for a complete and radical change in power, completely unknown in the Nation's history.

Whilst the Empress held court in the name of her son, real power was being moved not in the palace, but in Asagi where Lord Fujitsubo no Kiyomori, Chancellor of the Realm, made the most important decisions in the land. Wisely, Lord Kiyomori had not been in the Capital since his grandson's enthronement and was not in there during the purges. His power, for now, remained resolute.

Kimiko sat, her head bowed, as the Imperial Court session moved along at its Magcargo pace. Every ritual, from the tea pouring to the presentation of important edicts and the reading of letters, was performed in precise movements and already several hours had passed. Kimiko's mind wandered to other things, as her only duty there was to serve. In the current climate, however, with an Emperor too young to even walk without assistance, her role was minimal. The bamboo screen which separated the court from the Emperor hid his youth as much as it hid his form from mortals.

Instead, all eyes were on the figure seat next to and below the Emperor to his immediate right. The lovely--and dangerous--Imperial Regent said little during the proceedings. She didn't need to say a word. The understanding was clear, and no more needed to be said of her influence. Kimiko gave a brief sigh and resigned her mind to other matters.

Where you will sing songs
as the brightness of day wanes
with the setting sun

Kimiko tried not, of course, to look at the Empress. Her father, Tachibana no Matsuba, was the Empress' first cousin (Matsuba's mother is Lord Kiyomori's sister, you see), and as such the Tachibana and Fujitsubo Clans were close allies. With the political situation what it was, war could very well be on the horizon. Her father was rewarded for his years of service, as Minister of the Right, and so Kimiko was also expected to tout the party line. She tried not to shudder as the days continued on.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:23 pm

Suke, the Sage of Shion

Night had just fallen on the the town of Shion. A little over a year ago, the village has been a rather unimportant pilgrimage spot in the backwater. That had all changed with the arrival of the Sage. He and his band of Bandits, Ronin, and other criminals appeared out of the woods, with a pack of Houndoom and a horde of other Pokemon. They had seized the town, and put down the Daimyo when she tried to reclaim what was hers. Shion was then put under the control of a mysterious figure most knew as the Sage. Using his army and local labor in a testament to his will and resolve, the Sage constructed a tower in Shion, one that rivalled the legendary towers of Enju. He had christened the tower with dark rituals, and now even during the day, dark shadows hung over Shion. At night however, the town fell silent as many of the wild predators who followed the bidding of the Sage's army came out to hunt.

None of these predators were more feared than Unari. The Mightyena may not be wild like the other packs that roamed the town, but he carried a reputation all his own. Man and pokemon both fell prey to the beast, and it heeded no words except those of it's master. Even the Houndoom pack left the great beast alone. While average Mightyena were not too big, Suke's knowledge of food and Unari's natural birthright had made the beast big enough that a light enough person could ride him. A patrol stopped and waited for him to pass on the road ahead, knowing that it was better just to stay out of the Beast's way. Unari padded up the steps of the tower, entering the building and finding himself a spot to sit at the side of a small wooden seat. The man in the seat reached up and gave the beast a scratch behind the ears. "Nice of you to join us Unari."

The Sage of Shion wore a purple hakama with black pants, symbolic of his status not as a Daimyo, but as a prophet. At the other side of his chair sat Kiba. The blue hellhound silently watched the hall for any sign of aggression towards his master. Two men kneeled before the Sage. They wore the armor of Imperial Soldiers, having been caught outside of Shion early in the evening. The Sage adressed them, speaking in his still strangely accented voice "So... I hear you two were spying on Shion. I take it this means the Imposter is finally coming for my head."

Neither of the Soldiers spoke. Suke stood up and descended from his chair, his face becoming oddly distorted as he did so. His eyes seemed to glow a faint green as he crouched before one of the Soldiers. "Tell me, what news is there from Johto."

The man seemed lost in his thoughts, before he groaned out, almost unconciously "The Emperor has perished. Rumors of chaos in the homeland. The army still marches for Shion."

The Sage chuckled as the soldier seemed to snap out of it, while being accosted by his fellow. Snapping his fingers, Suke ordered his guards "Let them go, I am done with them." To the Soldiers he said "Run back to your army, and tell them nothing but death awaits them in Shion while they serve the Imposter's son."

As the two men began to run from the tower and Shion, Suke grinned and asked no one in particular "How many men do you think I need to deliver a message like that?" The Sage whistled and pointed, signalling for Unari and Kiba to chase. He gave a faint smile and said "The answer is 0. Their silence will speak more than words."

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:16 am

Outskirts of Kikyō, Okugawa Domain
Sunrise

With the rising sun coming over the horizon, the denizens of Kikyō woke to a peculiar silence from its castle, rather than the business of courtiers and noisy army drills they were used to hearing so early in the morning. Only the city's garrison remained as a semblance of their Lord's authority. When prompted, the samurai guardsmen would give but one explanation:

Kikyō was going to war.

/\/\/\

Along the cobbled roads and highways connecting the Empire's grandest cities, an army marched on. Following the formation of a coalition to topple the traitorous Sage of Shion from his seat of power, Okugawa domain provided one of the largest quantities of troops to support the Imperial forces in their conflict. The Okugawa forces had begun their march early, intent to rendezvous with these Imperial troops and the other Daimyo in the coming days when they reached their destination.

The army was four hundred strong, a hundred of them on horseback. They marched in two-column formations so as to free room on the highway for merchants and travelers. The men were all seasoned samurai, and flaunted this status by marching in full armor, their provisions tucked away in bags slung over their person or tied to their yari. At the side of each of the samurai were their Pokémon, ranging from Kikyō's ever-prominent Bellsprout to the agile Pidgeotto, some of which taking to the skies to reconnoiter the path ahead. It was a remarkable sight, but what stood out to this marching army the most was the horse-drawn enclosed carriage in the center of the formation, surrounded by horse-riding lancers in ornate armor.

Within this carriage, a child lay slumbering peacefully, curled up upon a soft blanket. She had a head of long jet black hair that ran all the way down her back. She was fully dressed, her kimono of fine white silk adorned in multiple places with the mon of her clan, and her short stature ultimately resulting in her sleeves being way too long. A warm violet haori was draped over her kimono, with decorative golden tassels sewn elegantly into the edges of the fabric. Lastly, a violet headband was tied underneath her long black hair and covered her forehead, that too bearing the mon of Okugawa. It was an outfit befitting someone of her status. One could tell simply by looking at her that she was practically seen as royalty by her people. Two Pokémon, a pichu and a rockruff, also snoozed quietly next to her. Nothing, not even the clamorous voices of the troops and officers barking orders, were able to rouse the girl from her slumber.

Next to the only door of this carriage were two men on horseback. The one closest to the door was an elderly man - Yukimura Sanjo - with tied-up white hair, a chin beard and mustache. He was dressed simply in the garb of a servant, and a Xatu perched upon his shoulder. Riding next to him was Kikyō's famed general Matsuda Ujinori, a burly man clad in opulent but battle-scarred samurai armor. His helmet was off, exposing his mane of dark hair and full beard.

For much of their march, the two were relatively silent. That is, until the old man spoke, his expression blank despite the demeanor.

"I still cannot believe you think this is a good idea."

The general arched one of his bushy eyebrows. "What is?"

"Bringing our Daimyo..." Sanjo hissed through gritted teeth. "...to a battlefield."

"You're STILL on about that? We agreed that she needs the practice!"

"This was not the practice I had in mind! Warfare is no game, General..."

"Hahaha!" Ujinori guffawed. "My friend! What is war but a game? Look at our forces! And this is but a fraction of what is to come. That blasted Sage doesn't stand a snowflake's chance in the bowels of a volcano!"

Sanjo gave a light sigh, and briefly gazed to the Xatu on his shoulder. It was twitching fearfully.

"I just have a bad feeling about this..."
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Near Kikyo, the Hour of Dragonair

The forces of the Imperial Army marched onwards and passed through the major hub of Kikyo. 470 soldiers, who hailed from the Capital itself and from Asagi, passed by the impressive and serene Sprout Tower, and of the more religiously oriented, a few took the time to offer a silent prayer to the gods for good luck and health on this expedition. A little ways ahead, the army of Daimyo Okugawa no Skai served as the vanguard and the dust from their march could still be seen.

In a carriage near the rear of the army, Tachibana no Kimiko tried in vain to write a few verses but stopped after several failed attempts. Instead, the young woman pulled back the veil and looked out onto the famous Sprout Tower.

The spring breeze.
Pulled by a Miltank
To the Zenkoji temple

With a sigh, Kimiko put the veil back. She was on this expedition not as a soldier, but as a chronicler. The Court wanted this battle remembered for posterity, so when the name "Suke of Shion" is brought up, all remember his folly for opposing the Emperor. Kimiko put a hand over the sleeping Vulpix and listened to sounds of soldiers marching and the hooves of Ponyta and Rapidash.

In another part of the train, inside a much larger carriage sat a young man. By all accounts, he seemed serene and at peace, almost oblivious to what was going on around him. Across from him, an older man was reading a report.

"We should arrive in the vicinity of Shion in about two weeks, assuming nothing unforeseen happens. Our biggest obstacles, of course, are crossing the Tohjo Falls and moving through the mountainous terrain of Kanto. Your father expects this to be done quickly and efficiently."

"If that's what he wants, why didn't he come himself?" the youth said at least, without opening his eyes. The older warrior winced.

"Because he's busy running the entire Nation, and he can't be bothered to put down every rebellion that springs up. Not to mention, this is the time for you to prove to Lord Kiyomori that you are responsible enough to take on more important business, so I suggest taking this a little more seriously."
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:14 pm

Uma no Nobutora ("Nobutora of the Horses"), Daimyo in waiting of Fusube City

Nobutora was out in the forest on his family's estate, his three Pokemon trailing behind him as he slash at the waist high grasses block his path. Yōta the Growlithe was chasing Kōje the Pikachu around the clearing they were in, while Sora the Dratini was gliding after Nobutora, chirping at him occasionally. A voice called out to him from across the clearing and he half turned, only to see his father standing there alongside his Haxorus.
"Father. I thought you had received the summons to travel to Yamabuki. Why are you still here?"

The older man smiled as he approached his son and stopped a few paces away. "Nobutora, your mother and I have decided that it is time I hand over the title of Daimyo to you. however, perhaps the time is not now, as you still have some growing up to do. Therefore, I will allow you to go forth beyond Fusube and explore Johto and Kanto with your Pokemon. As you will be taking my place someday, you will travel in my stead to Yamabuki and answer the summons."
"Of course. When do i leave?"
His father, Uma no Hanasa, Minister of the Centre, motioned for his son to follow him out of the forest.

A few minutes later, Nobutora was seated atop Yōta, with Sota laying across his shoulders and Kōje sitting in a saddle side pouch. His mother, Uma no Eama, hugged her son tightly before letting go and stepped back. "To think that you are leaving us, if only for a short time."
"I shall be fine, and shall send a letter via Piedgy when I arrive in Yamabuki. Until then, farewell." With that, the 17 year old nudged the Growlithe and the Pokemon took off down the dirt road, kicking up dust as he ran until the trainer and his three Pokemon were gone from view.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:15 pm

Near Yamabuki City, Hour of Torchic

The Imperial forces at least reached Yamabuki City, the largest, most populous, and influential city in all of Kanto. They had been marching for over two weeks now, and the men and their leaders were exhausted. Their journey through Kanto so far had been pretty uneventful and despite their fatigue, the men were in high spirits. This was, after all, the largest assembled collection of soldiers, samurai, Pokemon, and Daimyo in recent memory.

As the troops set up their tents and night watches along Route 8, in a large and ornate pavilion the expedition's leader sat on a small stool surrounded by the Daimyo, generals, and other advisors. The young man, the son of Lord Kiyomori himself, was Fujitsubo no Yoshimoto. The youth of barely 18 pointed his war fan in the direction of Shion, where its tower rose ominously above the tree line.

"Tomorrow," he said in an airy voice, "we march with our full strength on Shion and destroy any opposition. We will come down like a hammer on them."

Sitting by herself, away from the lords and their attendants, Tachibana no Kimiko sat on her own stool with ink and scroll and took notes for her chronicle.
Last edited by Britanania on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:00 am

Britanania wrote:Near Yamabuki City, Hour of Torchic

The Imperial forces at least reached Yamabuki City, the largest, most populous, and influential city in all of Kanto. They had been marching for over two weeks now, and the men and their leaders were exhausted. Their journey through Kanto so far had been pretty uneventful and despite their fatigue, the men were in high spirits. This was, after all, the largest assembled collection of soldiers, samurai, Pokemon, and Daimyo in recent memory.

As the troops set up their tents and night watches along Route 8, in a large and ornate pavilion the expedition's leader sat on a small stool surrounded by the Daimyo, generals, and other advisors. The young man, the son of Lord Kiyomori himself, was Fujitsubo no Yoshimoto. The youth of barely 18 pointed his war fan in the direction of Shion, where its tower rose ominously above the tree line.

"Tomorrow," he said in an airy voice, "we march with our full strength on Shion and destroy any opposition. We will come down like a hammer on them."

Sitting by herself, away from the lords and their attendants, Tachibana no Kimiko sat on her own stool with ink and scroll and took notes for her chronicle.

Ansoni
He left Shion to simply take a walk on route 8 and perhaps find something of interest, but he wasn't prepared for what he saw. Samurai, Pokemon, Daimyo, and a lot of them. He climbed in a tree to get a better look. He listened in to some of their conversations. "Attacking Shion?" he whispered to himself. He turned to his Pokemon. "Getisu, remain hidden unless there is serious danger, ok? I hope there isn't." he leans in a bit more for a closer look, Harmonia trying to see as well. Ansoni suddenly loses his balance and falls, creating a loud noise. Harmonia jumps down to check on him with Getisu looking at Ansoni, but not exposing himself.
Last edited by DeltaSource on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact
Call of Duty: Warzone

Durin VII
Envoy

Founded: Nov 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Durin VII » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:35 pm

Enju, Johto-chihō
After a quick journey through Johto-chihō Daichi had finally arrived at the great city of Enju, the capital of the Empire. Passing by the first buildings Daichi felt something strange was going on, it was like the life had been sucked away from the city. Sorrow had taken over as Daichi was about to find out.

Walking up to an old man Daichi asked what was going on, why there were no cheering people, no life on the streets or in the houses. The old man told Daichi the crushing news, the news of the Emperor's death. A blow it was to Daichi, not just because of the Emperor's death, but who could help him get justice now?
After some more exchanged words Daichi got to know that the young son of the Emperor had become the new Emperor and that his mother, the Empress, became the regent.

Daichi wasn't sure anymore about his plan, it seemed to odd that the two died so quickly after one another, and would the young Emperor, or the Empress for that matter, help him? Did they even know his father? Perhaps the Empress did, but would she be willing to open an official investigation?
It all remained to be seen. First Daichi had to make sure he would be granted an audience with the Empress.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:40 pm

The Sage

The various members of the Horde of Shion stood assembled at the base of Suke's grand tower. The Sage stood before them on a platform, wearing his typical preaching robes as he did so. In one hand he carried a large metal staff with pointed ends, almost as though it was meant to hold something in it's tip and it had lost that piece. The men made various war noises and chants as the Houndoom packs were fed, their feeding creating great pillars of flame that rose high into the night sky. The chants grew louder and louder as Suke raised his arms. When the Sage spoke, all fell quiet.

"Warriors, we stand on the eve of a great victory!" The Sage began, "Men of Shion, Freedom Fighters of Kanto, Ronin of Johto, we have all gathered here under the same thought, the same idea, the same belief. The Gold and Silver Throne has been corrupted by the Daimyo who ruin it's purity. Look no further than their response today. When we merely skulked in the shadows, spreading among the people and fighting their opression, they did nothing. When you were but mere peasants, they considered you beneath their attention. Only now that we have proven their corruption do they bother to care for their people, and only because they need to save their own hide. So what do they do? Like a scared rapidash, they kick their hardest at the threat, not even considering whether or not that threat is expecting the attack."

Suke's shadow began to grow on the tower behind him, supernaturally assuming a form far larger than it normally would in that light, to the point where it could be seen on the lit up tower from the enemy camp. "Those who have followed me for a long while will know this story, but in my homeland, we believe man is given Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower to invoke his image of the world. These imperials have no knowledge of us, they lack the emotion to see the suffering of their own people, and they have not the willpower to defeat an army of men like you who fight for a far greater cause. Tomorrow men, tomorrow the poets shall write about for ages into the future, until time and space destroy each other and the darkness is allowed to consume this world. Tomorrow the Imperials shall meet their destiny. So tonight, revel and be happy! Let them hear your revelry and fear, for they shall know their doom is upon them."

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:41 am

DeltaSource wrote:
Britanania wrote:Near Yamabuki City, Hour of Torchic

Ansoni
He left Shion to simply take a walk on route 8 and perhaps find something of interest, but he wasn't prepared for what he saw. Samurai, Pokemon, Daimyo, and a lot of them. He climbed in a tree to get a better look. He listened in to some of their conversations. "Attacking Shion?" he whispered to himself. He turned to his Pokemon. "Getisu, remain hidden unless there is serious danger, ok? I hope there isn't." he leans in a bit more for a closer look, Harmonia trying to see as well. Ansoni suddenly loses his balance and falls, creating a loud noise. Harmonia jumps down to check on him with Getisu looking at Ansoni, but not exposing himself.

Nobutora had been riding on the back of Yōta for around two hours now and hadn't seen anyone pass him. However, that was soon to change, as he saw an Eevee surrounding someone. Yōta barked and ran over to the other Pokemon, Sora and Kōje trying to see what was going on. What the Pokemon were surrounding was revealed to be a boy a few years younger than Nobutora.
"You alright? What were you doing in the tree?"
Last edited by Skylus on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:02 am

Skylus wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:Ansoni

Nobutora had been riding on the back of Yōta for around two hours now and hadn't seen anyone pass him. However, that was soon to change, as he saw an Eevee surrounding someone. Yōta barked and ran over to the other Pokemon, Sora and Kōje trying to see what was going on. What the Pokemon were surrounding was revealed to be a boy a few years younger than Nobutora.
"You alright? What were you doing in the tree?"

Ansoni
He gets up and stumbles back. "Uh, I, it's not what you think I wasn't doing anything wrong!" he's rubbing his head and Harmonia sits up and looks at the newcomers cocking her head. "I-uh....am sorry to bother you, I was just wondering what was going on and overheard and attack on Shion..."
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:55 am

Nobutora gawked at the boy. "An attack on Shion? By who? Do the people know they're going to be attacked? If we can get there before the attackers can, we can warn them and help them prepare." Sora nudged him from her place atop his shoulders. "Ah. Right, my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Uma no Nobutora, son of the Minister of the Centre and Daimyo Uma no Hanasa of Fusube City. These are my Pokemon. Sora" The Dratini waved a fin at the boy. "Kōje" The Pikachu shot a thunderball over the boy's head to show off and waved a paw. "And Yōta". The Growlithe wagged his tail in barked. "my age, in case you were wonding, is nineteen. Sora is four, Kōje is five, and Yōta is two."

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:38 pm

Skylus wrote:Nobutora gawked at the boy. "An attack on Shion? By who? Do the people know they're going to be attacked? If we can get there before the attackers can, we can warn them and help them prepare." Sora nudged him from her place atop his shoulders. "Ah. Right, my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Uma no Nobutora, son of the Minister of the Centre and Daimyo Uma no Hanasa of Fusube City. These are my Pokemon. Sora" The Dratini waved a fin at the boy. "Kōje" The Pikachu shot a thunderball over the boy's head to show off and waved a paw. "And Yōta". The Growlithe wagged his tail in barked. "my age, in case you were wonding, is nineteen. Sora is four, Kōje is five, and Yōta is two."

Ansoni looked at all the pokemon as she spoke. "Oh...I'm Ansoni, this is Harmonia. She was a gift when I was younger....I'm twelve." He sighed "To be honest with you though, I didn't overhear much, and I think the Daimyo might already know they are coming. I want to be able to provide more information than them simply attacking, maybe the time or exact location? He might listen to me then."
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:13 am

Imperial Base Camp, Yamabuki City Outskirts
Clan Okugawa

The base camp was almost as bustling as the very city they set up next to. It was separated into sections, denoting the forces of both the Emperor and that of his many loyal Daimyo. Many of these lords were largely insignificant, only providing a handful of their troops for the expedition into Shion.

A sizable portion of the camp flew violet Okugawa banners above their tents. Their owners, the many samurai Kikyo had deigned to send, were occupying their time with setting up patrols and sitting around the campfires, helping themselves to the first full-ration meal they had in weeks. Spirits were high among them, as indicated by the loud and lively conversation and laughs they shared.

Under the enormous pavilion in the center of camp, the war council meeting was underway. The young General Yoshimoto and son of Lord Kiyomori sat at the head of their table, instructing the many Daimyo of his plan.

Or...what was a poor excuse for a plan, some of them thought...

The even younger Lady Saki sat quietly upon one of the small stools, elevated further by a small crate so she remained at eye-level with the other lords seated around her. Sanjo stood on her left, holding himself up with the help of an old wooden cane. General Ujinori, still in his armor, stood on her right, patiently waiting for Yoshimoto to finish speaking.

"I am inclined to agree," he said after a pause, his gruff tone matching his burly figure. "But with respect, Taisho, I suggest we air on the side of caution."

"The scouts sent long ago still have not returned." he continued, setting his kabuto on the table. "Should they have been captured, the Sage might very well have had time to prepare his defenses. If we charge headlong into the fray, we risk falling into the same ambushes his rabble have been inflicting upon our caravans."

Ujinori decided to let him respond. And though he was completely serious, he knew the cards he was playing. Lord Kiyomori's son was inexperienced - bound to blunder without the help of his advisors and allies - and most everyone knew it. But in the face of his inexperience laid an opportunity: An opportunity to take charge, and contribute the most of any other Lord to the inevitable victory that loomed ahead. The prestige for himself and his liege would be immense...

In the face of war, it was certainly a morbid mindset. But, like war, further elevating his clan's prestige and recognition was nothing more than another game.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:36 pm

General Ujinori was the first to speak up after Seito Taishogun Fujitsubo no Yoshimoto opened up the council to the discussion. The younger son of Lord Kiyomori knew Ujinori by reputation as one of the foremost generals in Johto. Yoshimoto nodded when Ujinori sat back down and considered his words for a moment before replying.

"You make a good point, General. The scouts have not returned, and Suke has had ample time to prepare himself. That said, he has had over a year to prepare his defences, and if he wanted to ambush us, he could have done so any point since we've crossed into the plains of Kanto." Yoshimoto gestured towards the Sage's tower, where even now darkness covered the land.

"Our so-called sage is nothing but a butcher and a charlatan and a disgrace to this land. We will crush him and bring his head back to His Majesty as a trophy."

Off to the side, Kimiko gave a slight pout but wrote down in notes the exchange between the two commanders.

The Imperial Capital

Whilst Daichi wandered the area near the Imperial Palace, a man in an elaborate court attire noticed the youth speaking to the older man. He approached and bowed slightly.

"I do not mean to interrupt, but I overheard your conversation and you seem distraught. Is there anything I can help you with? Oh, I would like to mention, I am Tachibana no Matsuba, the Minister of the Right."

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:06 am

DeltaSource wrote:
Skylus wrote:Nobutora gawked at the boy. "An attack on Shion? By who? Do the people know they're going to be attacked? If we can get there before the attackers can, we can warn them and help them prepare." Sora nudged him from her place atop his shoulders. "Ah. Right, my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Uma no Nobutora, son of the Minister of the Centre and Daimyo Uma no Hanasa of Fusube City. These are my Pokemon. Sora" The Dratini waved a fin at the boy. "Kōje" The Pikachu shot a thunderball over the boy's head to show off and waved a paw. "And Yōta". The Growlithe wagged his tail in barked. "my age, in case you were wonding, is nineteen. Sora is four, Kōje is five, and Yōta is two."

Ansoni looked at all the pokemon as she spoke. "Oh...I'm Ansoni, this is Harmonia. She was a gift when I was younger....I'm twelve." He sighed "To be honest with you though, I didn't overhear much, and I think the Daimyo might already know they are coming. I want to be able to provide more information than them simply attacking, maybe the time or exact location? He might listen to me then."

"Then let us travel to Shion and speak with them." Nobutora nodded and Yōta turned around and started to pad towards Shion Town, hopefully the younger boy and his Pokemon would follow.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:44 am

Skylus wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:Ansoni looked at all the pokemon as she spoke. "Oh...I'm Ansoni, this is Harmonia. She was a gift when I was younger....I'm twelve." He sighed "To be honest with you though, I didn't overhear much, and I think the Daimyo might already know they are coming. I want to be able to provide more information than them simply attacking, maybe the time or exact location? He might listen to me then."

"Then let us travel to Shion and speak with them." Nobutora nodded and Yōta turned around and started to pad towards Shion Town, hopefully the younger boy and his Pokemon would follow.

"W-wait up!" Ansoni started to run to catch up. Getisu saw this and flew out of his hiding place to catch up as well."Ah-Oh yeah, this is Getisu, he was my father's Pokemon." Ansoni slowed down so that he was walking again. He remained silent, not speaking, caught up in his own thoughts.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Durin VII
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Durin VII » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:19 pm

Enju, Johto-chihō
Daichi turned around and made a slight bow to the man who turned out to be a minister. "I hope you can sir. My name is Daichi, i'm the son of General Ryuji of Tanba City, the Fukurō they called him. I came here from Tanba City in a search for aid in the investigation of my fathers recent death." Daichi told. Perhaps this was the chance to get somebody important involved in the matter, somebody who might get to know more than normal people would.
Last edited by Durin VII on Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 pm

The Imperial Capital

Tachibana no Matsuba listened to the boy's tale with great intensity. The Minister of the Right knew Ryuji, the general known as "the owl", and had until now not been aware of the famed commander's death, an apparent murder if his son were to believed. With a nod, Matsuba answered.

"Yes, I believe this is a matter for the Imperial Court," he said with concern in his voice. "These are dark times, Daichi of Tanba, and I fear they may grow darker still. I will bring this to the attention of Her Majesty the Regent, to see if anything can be done."

The noble paused in thought and looked over towards the Imperial Palace. It was early in the evening and courtiers were still performing non-essential duties, but the court often met at night. Far away, Matsuba knew that the armies of the Emperor would soon meet the forces of the Sage of Shion in battle.

"You are of course invited, on my behalf, into the palace," he told Daichi as he gestured towards the palace gates.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:28 am

DeltaSource wrote:
Skylus wrote:

"W-wait up!" Ansoni started to run to catch up. Getisu saw this and flew out of his hiding place to catch up as well."Ah-Oh yeah, this is Getisu, he was my father's Pokemon." Ansoni slowed down so that he was walking again. He remained silent, not speaking, caught up in his own thoughts.

Nobutora looked up as the Pokemon made its appearance. "A Hydreigon! Your father was right in choosing a Deino however many years ago, I have heard that they are bodyguards for life once they choose a new master."

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:21 am

Clan Okugawa

"That we will," Ujinori said with a look of confidence. He placed both hands upon the table

"There are many forests in the land surrounding Shion," he continued. "Scouting them out with Pigeotto will be largely ineffective, so I will send our swiftest riders ahead of the army to make sure our path is safe. Should the Sage's forces sally forth from their city, the cavalry will make short work of them."

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:23 am

Skylus wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:"W-wait up!" Ansoni started to run to catch up. Getisu saw this and flew out of his hiding place to catch up as well."Ah-Oh yeah, this is Getisu, he was my father's Pokemon." Ansoni slowed down so that he was walking again. He remained silent, not speaking, caught up in his own thoughts.

Nobutora looked up as the Pokemon made its appearance. "A Hydreigon! Your father was right in choosing a Deino however many years ago, I have heard that they are bodyguards for life once they choose a new master."

Ansoni
He nodded. "Getisu is very loyal. My father bought him before I was born." Ansoni fiddles with his hands and clothes as he walks. He would remain silent unless he was talked to, not because he couldn't, but because he wasn't used to being with people all that much after his father's death. Harmonia follows them and rubs up against Ansoni's leg before running up to Nobutora and playfully bumping into his Pikachu.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Durin VII
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Durin VII » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:56 am

Enju, Johto-chihō
"Thank you kind sir for taking the time to listen and thank you, i'd gladly see the palace." Daichi responded to the man while once more making a slight bow. A dream was about to come true for Daichi, a dream of walking around through the palace. Yes, sadly these were not the conditions in which he expected it to happen, but nontheless he was somewhat excited to see all the beauty his father spoke about in his tales of meeting the Emperor.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:27 pm

DeltaSource wrote:
Skylus wrote:

Ansoni
He nodded. "Getisu is very loyal. My father bought him before I was born." Ansoni fiddles with his hands and clothes as he walks. He would remain silent unless he was talked to, not because he couldn't, but because he wasn't used to being with people all that much after his father's death. Harmonia follows them and rubs up against Ansoni's leg before running up to Nobutora and playfully bumping into his Pikachu.

Koje swiped at the Eevee before he started talking to it in the Pokémon language. Nobutora didn’t quite understand what the Pikachu was talking about, besides, he and Ansoni had to get to Shipn before the attacking forces did.

Some time later, Shion came into view. “How do you wish to plan this? This is your home town, so you decide.”

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Yoshimoto gave the Okugawa regent a heart nod when he announced that the Okugawa forces would scout the perimeter of the rebel city.

"Good. For tomorrow's battle, your clan's forces will take the left wing," he pronounced whilst pointing with his war fan towards the area of Shion, "and the forces under my direct command will take the right. The remaining forces will be held in reserve, should we need them to mop up any brigands that the sage has waiting for us."

Yoshimoto rose from his seat.

"I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow, on the field of battle."

The Imperial Palace

Matsuba led Daichi past the front gates and into the inner palace. The guards, recognising the Minister of the Right, allowed the pair to pass. As they entered, Matsuba explained some etiquette.

"As you likely know, none of us may speak with His Majesty the Emperor directly, only through a screen and even so, given his regency, only through the Empress Regent." As he walked and spoke, various other courtiers and their Pokemon walked through the corridors of the palace, and so Matsuba whispered the words to the young man. He came to stop at a door.

"The Court is beyond these doors. I shall enter and inform them, and if it is permitted, I shall return to bring you in for an audience."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse