NATION

PASSWORD

Angels Fall First (OOC/Interest/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kilel
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Angels Fall First (OOC/Interest/Open)

Postby Kilel » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:42 pm

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
Arthur C. Clark

ANGELS FALL FIRST
IC

BGM
A thunderous applause echoes from behind, waking you from your impromptu nap. You were so bored by the graduation proceedings that you just couldn’t help but doze off. You missed what caused the ruckus, but you assumed it must be something very important, at least.

A very tired looking man takes the stage, with messy black hair and bags under his eyes, visible even from your seat fifty feet away. As he somewhat slowly shambles to the podium before him, you begin to wonder what sort of audience regards a man as unkempt and homely as this with such an ovation. He didn’t look all that impressive to you. Perhaps it was just a formality.

The tired man takes his place at the podium and looks up, he begins to open his mouth. It’s at this point that you realize that you recognize him. You’ve seen him somewhere before, but you don’t quite remember his name. Something weird. Edgy, even… F-F…. Phantom? You hear a whisper behind you that betrays his name.

“Is that really Phenom? He looks so… run down.”

Ah. That was right. Phenom Ortus. The Lord of the Military Branch of this ever-elusive, secretive organization. Still a weird name.

The man is about to say something but stops and cranes his hand, pointing at the source of the voice behind you.

“I heard that,” he quips weakly, lacking conviction. This prompts a small chuckle from the audience before he waves them down.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen of Heaven, and welcome to tonight’s induction ceremony!”

He sighs briefly, as if that one sentence alone exhausted him of all of his energy. He hangs his head for just a moment before perking back up with a sharp inhale, as if his coffee had just hit him. You notice a glint of life shining in his dark eyes now, revealing that they are in fact a very shocking blue, though he seems to be staring vacantly ahead of him.

“It has been a long and arduous thirteen years since the resolution of the Morkt Crisis. Weird name, I know. Don’t ask me, I didn’t name him,” this draws a few scattered chuckles, but he continues, “When I took up the mantle of Lord seven years ago, I made a vow to all of you. A vow to make sure we would have the best, the brightest, and the bravest that we could find working around the clock to return Earth to prosperity.”

He turns his gaze up to the larger crowd behind you, “And ever since that day, my staff and I have done everything in our power to make sure the surface had the support and resources that it needs, all while maintaining our secrecy from the world. My predecessor was far too keen on maintaining our Laissez-Faire policy of intervention in the world below, and we’ve all seen how that turned out. But tonight, we are not here to disparage relics of the past.”

A few more scattered chuckles punctuate his statement as he continues, his voice now echoing throughout the auditorium.

“Tonight, we are here to celebrate the induction of this years ‘Best, Brightest, and Bravest.’ Tonight, we have gathered to welcome the warriors before me, young and old alike, into the esteemed ranks of the Guardian Angels. These fine men and women have gone through some of the most gruelling training that we as an organization can offer, in an effort to crush coal into diamonds. And looking at them today, I feel I can comfortably say that we have succeeded.”

You find that you’re unsure of how to feel about being praised by this supposed “Lord,” ragged as he is. Although, Lord is a title only held by those in charge of the organization as a whole, so there must be some merit to it regardless of his appearance.

“Please,” he shouts out, a bit removed from the microphone, “join me in welcoming into the fold… our new Guardian Angels!”

The crowd behind you erupts into applause, all for you and your compatriots at your sides. This is the start of your new life, as a Guardian Angel of Heaven.

Story High Concept
In the distant future, a secret society seeks to clean the Earth of the leftover dregs of a bygone era in a world where superpowers are growing increasingly common. However, there are more sinister forces at work in the background than even they know of.

Introduction

Okay so I think I've got this in a place where I'm happy with the amount of content present.

Hello. Before we get any further into this OOC OP, allow me to introduce myself, as I'm certain most of you reading this have never met me before.
My name is Kilel. I used to roleplay here, a little bit, several years ago when I was still in High School. That was about 10 years ago.
I was recently dragged (willingly) back onto this forum by Monfrox, who I'm sure most of you know. He, and Rupudska, are both friends (or at least acquaintances in Rup's case) of mine from outside of NationStates.
I come to you today with something of a Superhero RP. I suppose you could call it that. Think of it like X-men or something. That's the general idea.
The world that I am going to introduce you to today is at least 12 years old, and the mindchild of a friend of mine, who will be participating in this RP with us. It was originally created for another RP back then.
However, much was left to one's imagination in regards to details about this world and its history. As such, I have taken the liberty of making some redactions, revisions, and a historical timeline of sorts in her place. Mostly to facilitate all of the plans I have for this RP.

I am not a very good worldbuilder, but I hope you can enjoy what I've worked so hard on regardless, and that we can build this world together.

Rules

(I’m referencing another RP’s ruleset here so work with me.)
As a foreword, this Roleplay is based strongly based on an old roleplay that some friends and I participated in more than a decade ago. Two of those friends will be joining us. In addition, I admit that I enjoy roleplaying far more than I do worldbuilding. As such, I apologize in advance if any aspects of the world appear wonky, strange, or just downright weird.

1. I reserve the right of final say over anything going on within the RP. This goes for worldbuilding, character applications, and any other issue within the scope of this RP.

2. While I have no Co-OP, my good friends "Slaughveria" and "Rainetrifles" are functional as a potential source of historical information, should it be needed. Do keep in mind, though, that the original continuity for this universe is more than a decade old. As such, expect our memory to be foggy.

3. Invited writers will not be required to provide an RP Sample. And I have a good number of invited writers. IC may not begin in earnest until they have all made at least one character. Maybe. Maybe...

4. In keeping with the rules of the forum, I expect this to stay relatively PG-13. Some gore is expected, given the nature of this world. Excessive indulgence in gore is deprecated.

5. I think that we can all agree that writing terrible people is fun. Your characters may be as terrible a person as necessary for their position, depending on what storylines you wish to pursue or produce. However, I will not accept this Shitheel-ness bleeding into OOC. Refrain from any hateful behavior.

6. It is preferred that one keeps a relatively consistent posting schedule. If one expects to be gone for an extended period of time, I would prefer to be notified. Otherwise I will directly contact you to make sure you are still interested in participating.

7. Please help yourself to any healthy conversation with your fellow players. As much as I would love to see my mindchild story played out to perfection, I expect that camaraderie between the players will result in branching, entertaining side-plots. I have enjoyed playing around with a lot of ideas with this universe and I would be thrilled to see all of you doing the same.

8. In tandem with Rules 2 and 7, I encourage you to offer feedback and ideas for worldbuilding. I want this universe to be as enjoyable for you as it has been for me. To that end, I would point out that I am not good at geopolitical worldbuilding. This world is representative of a recovering CrapSack World, and I have generally done nothing with the world’s new governments and cultures. Most of this story happens beyond the world’s geopolitical stage.

9. Please make a point of writing a reasonable amount per each post.

10. I absolutely love cheese and dumb tropes. I don’t expect this story to be a masterfully crafted narrative experience, though I have tried to come up with some entertaining twists despite that. However, first and foremost, I want this to be fun for everyone involved. As such, please: If you have some seriously cheesey/chuuni/cliche shit, don’t be scared to be a total nerd.

Notes

*I am by no means an expert military tactician or strategist.
*I am by no means an expert martial artist.
*I am by no means an expert marksman.
*Rule of Cool is a central guiding law of this roleplay. Fun trumps Function. But things must be kept within reasonable bounds, of course.
*I am immensely stupid.
*I am not good at worldbuilding, and maybe I'm not the best storyteller. There may be some plot holes or "Why???" issues. I am trying my best here. I really am. Please work with me.
*Some Legacy characters have had reworks from their original stories, not that you’d know since you weren’t there. Despite this, their names have remained. In light of this you may run into some strange or chuuni-esque names.
*Phenom’s name literally being the word for "a person who is outstandingly talented or admired, especially an up-and-comer” is entirely coincidental. I did not know “phenom” was a word 12 years ago. It was part of a friend’s gamertag and I thought it sounded cool. Which it fucking does and you can’t convince me otherwise and I’m not changing it. It’s also pronounced “Fee-nom” as his name. His last name is inspired by Ace Combat Zero, let me rock.
*This is a multi-act story, as in there will be multiple OOC/IC threads. While I will not divulge most of how I want the 2nd and 3rd act to go, I will say this about the first act: I want this to primarily function on a formula similar to a "Villain of the Week" Shonen with the plot developing in the background. This will serve as a stage-setter and also ample opportunity for your characters to establish relationships with each other.
*I am receptive to criticism but like.. you know... keep it friendly, yeah? If there's anything in particular you think I should add to this OOC, PLEASE let me know. I want to make this story as fun as possible.

Humans:
Humans are the typical, mundane individuals that make up most of the Earth’s populace. There is little information worthy of note regarding them.

Anomalies:
Anomalies are something akin to a Homo Novus, in this universe. Some have developed mutations or special abilities of some sort, whereas others have developed certain psychic abilities. Anomalies are largely indiscernible from typical humans, though some have very clearly visible mutations.

Cyborgs:
Cyborgs are, you guessed it, cybernetically enhanced human beings or anomalies. While some cyborgs still live from before the Dark Ages, most were killed after the many back-to-back wars obliterated much of advanced human medical knowledge. Cyborgs are typically full-bodied, maintaining only an organic brain. Cyborgs from Heaven are common, however, and many have digitized brains due to the advanced medical capabilities of Heaven’s scientists. Digitized brains are backed up on Non-Networked, Hardened Storage Units. Cyborgs typically age extremely slowly.
Humana Veritas Novus (HVN) (“Heaven”):
Internally regarded as “Heaven,” and headquartered in a massive space colony of the same name, HVN is essentially a secret society of warriors, scientists, and warrior scientists. This enigmatic group is largely unknown to the people of Earth, except as the gods their religions have been centered around. They have a history of pursuing the “Omni’s,” as laymen would put it, undertaking highly advanced experiments to achieve that goal.

They are, however, responsible for the creation of Anomalies through one of their experiments many years ago. Although they have deigned necessary to intervene in human history at numerous points in time, their leadership elected to offer only limited intervention in the years leading up to, and during, the Morkt Crisis. Why this was the case, nobody knows. They typically prefer to maintain their secrecy by only deploying small teams to the surface to deal with any outstanding issues.

-HVN Angels:
Angels are Heaven’s standard military force. They remain a standing army until full scale intervention is necessary, though some are sometimes deployed with Guardian Angel teams to provide support. Angels are typically either Humans or Cyborgs, though some Anomalies fill their ranks.

-HVN Arch Angels:
Highly skilled conventional soldiers. These are typically your field officers or SOF troopers. Due to the significantly higher standard of combat training, field Archangels are sometimes worth even an entire squad of Angels.

-HVN Guardian Angels:
Guardian Angels are typically EXTREMELY combat effective troops. Oftentimes, they are Anomalies, and are commonly deployed to deal with dangerous elements outside of the ability of Angels or Archangels. While the criteria for becoming a Guardian Angel is demanding, the title is not reflective of privilege.

Guardian Angels MAY be highly ranked and have access to privileged information, but this is not a rule. Due to the organization’s efforts at maintaining relative secrecy, Guardian Angels are more frequently deployed than Angels, as they are better suited to dealing with smaller-scale issues more effectively. While they are typically being higher ranked than Angels and Arch Angels, Guardian Angels do not command any size battlegroups. Their ranks are traditionally indicative of combat effectiveness or seniority over anything else. Due to this, it is not common practice for Guardian Angels to issue orders to each other during combat situations.

Lower level Guardian Angels are all typically seen as equal in rank, despite likely *technically* outranking each other. In light of this, command over a dispatched team is usually established during briefing. If that commander is incapacitated or neutralized, the original team leader's Operator will designate a new commander.

-HVN Guardian Angel SPecial Operations (GASPO):
These are the best of the best soldiers within the Military. There are only ten GASPO Operatives at any given time. The absolute LAST line of defense. GASPO's are NOT to be trifled with. While each one has a specific strength, they are all trained to the utmost limits of physical capability and they are all experts in combat.

This group is locked to NPCs. Historically, GASPO operatives have typically been assigned “Charges,” individuals that HVN deems necessary to the continued survival of the human race, and that they are meant to protect. This “assignment” usually involves a psychological realignment of the GASPO in question, causing them to become emotionally attached to, and extremely protective of their Charge. Currently, there are no existing Charges.

-HVN Other:
If, for one reason or another, you decide you want to be a scientist or support staff within HVN, this is the group you want to belong to. Simply elaborate on what, exactly, you’re doing. Keep in mind that most Heaven personnel have an at least rudimentary level of combat experience.

Strays:
Strays are anomalies who are not associated with any major organization. Many Strays are, however, associated with criminal circles. Unfortunately, large portions of the earth have been in shambles for decades, resulting in Strays abusing their abilities in an effort to establish control over the disenfranchised populace of many of these areas.
Note: Any criminal organizations I control will be *locked.* If you want to be an antagonistic Stray, you will either have to be a loner, or create your own syndicate.

Interpol:
Following the Morkt Crisis, the world’s governments were largely impotent, having been almost entirely disassembled during Morkt’s reign. Countries that have been liberated since then have decided to work together for the betterment of the world. Unfortunately, their influence is small. The unimaginatively named “Interpol,” in the spirit of its ancient ancestor, is the police force of this world government. Their numbers are somewhat bolstered by Anomalies with a strong sense of justice, though.
Note: Interpol is a lore faction only, and I have no plans of doing anything important with them. They exist only to serve as an alternate faction for players to roleplay in. If you decide to work as an Interpol member, it is up to you to find ways to either inject yourself into the story, or come up with stories of your own.

Fallen Angels:
There are those among Heaven’s denizens who do not entirely agree with the course that the organization is taking. Sometimes, these people try to change things from within. Sometimes, they decide to cut their losses and split off from the group altogether. When this happens, they are regarded as “Fallen Angels.”

Many Fallen Angels are simply dissatisfied with Heaven’s operations and think they would do better acting more directly. These people become vigilantes and anti-heroes, but can only do so much. As such, they often become mercenaries, using their superior training and experience to better the world on a paycheck.

Other Fallen Angels are not so noble. Sometimes, people are just not fit for service. Some people are simply nefarious. Some, spiteful. Many Fallen Angels pronounce themselves agents of chaos. Some instigate incidents one the surface. Some track down and hunt Angels deployed to the surface for missions, simply to disrupt their operations.

Despite their differences, Fallen Angels abstain from revealing the organization’s existence with the sole reasoning that nobody would believe the story, anyway.

Other:
Any other faction within this universe is yours to create. Simply let me in on your plans and I will decide to pass it through or not.
BRANCHES OF HEAVEN:

Heaven's ranks are broken up based on what field of the organization you work in.

LORDS:

At the top of the organization preside the Lords. Unlike their theological counterparts, these individuals are merely humans, though some are Anomalies. Each individual Lord manages a different part of the Organization.

MILITARY DIVISION

Division Lord: Phenom Ortus

The Military Division is the Arm of the Organization, and the home of those who can well and truly consider themselves Angels. The Military is responsible for all field work, combat, and humanitarian work, including the recruitment of new Angels and Anomalies that may crop up. At least, they try to bring in Anomalies before they can develop into unsavory individuals.

In the past, the Military adhered to a policy of minimal intervention. Ever since Phenom took the helm, however, their goals have changed. In taking over the military, Phenom convened with the other Lords regarding their future plans for the Earth. This meeting culminated in an agreement to mobilize all divisions to help rebuild the world following the devastation of the Morkt Crisis, although efforts are still made to retain their anonymity.

SUPPORT DIVISION

Division Lord: [REDACTED]

An organization as large as Heaven would fall apart without people working to hold it up from the bottom. The Support Division is the main workforce of Heaven, the citizens, if you will. Their hard work ensures that a member of one of the other branches of Heaven can enjoy life like a normal person. They provide much needed food, logistical support, and other services both on the Heaven space station and on the surface of the Earth.

Their support is greatly appreciated and their work is well compensated to ensure they're able to live comfortable lives.

COORDINATION DIVISION

The Coordination Division are the eyes and ears of the Organization. Most commonly staffed by "Operators," individuals who serve as an "Eye in the Sky" for ground force, the Coordination Division works in close tandem with the Military to ensure objectives are accomplished. This includes disseminating intel, providing guidance and mission updates.

SCIENCE DIVISION

The Science Division is responsible for all of the research and development within the organization. This includes devising new weapons, energy sources, and so on. The Science Division works closely with the Engineering Division to ensure that Heaven stays at the absolute bleeding edge of technology, well beyond the capabilities of any of the world's nations.

ENGINEERING DIVISION

The Engineering Division is the heart of the organization. Without it, the entire operation would crumble to dust. The Engineering division handles all of the maintenance and upgrades of the Heaven space station and surface Installations. They also work closely with the Science Division in an effort to make whatever madness the egghead's have dreamed up into a reality.
The world of Angels Fall First is not in the greatest condition. Many major cities from before the Dark Ages have been totally obliterated, such as London, New York City, Moscow, and then some. Others, like Paris, Tokyo, etc. saw great devastation, but not a complete erasure.

Many rural areas were completely blasted away by ordnance and combat during this period, leaving much of the world’s forestry severely depleted. Small, new deserts have formed in the Southeastern United States though the coast remains lush barring blasted cities. Small deserts have also formed throughout Eastern Europe. Western Canada is barren.

Despite all of these depleted areas, The world still has enough resources to get back on its feet. It may never reach the splendor it enjoyed before the Dark Ages, but something is better than nothing. A few cities stand as major bastions of humanity.

Places of note include, but are not limited to:

COPENHAGEN
Copenhagen, in Denmark, is the birthplace of Interpol (not the real one, I know). Most of the remnant citizens of Europe following the Morkt Crisis emigrated to Copenhagen.

THE EUROPEAN WILDLANDS
The wars of the Dark Ages were primarily fought on European soil during the final years, and as such it has experienced the least amount of rebuild time. With this, much of Europe is made up of abandoned urban sprawls, partially occupied city quarters, or rampant wilderness.

THE EAST COAST
Most major cities on the Eastern US Coastline, with the exceptions of Miami, New York City, and Washington, D.C. While much of the United States was ransacked during the Morkt Crisis, the only cities that were rendered totally ruined were New York City and Miami, with D.C. having been a blasted nuclear wasteland for more than a century. Many of the smaller cities have either been turned into depots or taken over by criminal organizations.

THE AMERICAN BADLANDS
Nearly the entirety of the Western United States, that is to say anything west of St. Louis, is a lawless wasteland. The old cities of grandeur such as Los Angeles and Las Vegas are popular destinations for scavengers looking for old relics to fence. St. Louis often serves as a jump-off point for expeditions into the west, and thus has a rather large population of scavengers, merchants, traders and outlaws.

THE COLONIES
Much of the Eastern half of the United States has been reclaimed by nature as there was never an opportunity to properly repopulate the hills since the Dark Ages. Due to this, there are scattered colonies of farmers, scavengers and traders spread throughout the area. However, Bandits also inhabit this area and often cause wandering travelers to mysteriously disappear.

THE FAR REACHES
Rumor has it that the American West Coast itself holds many secrets, mainly colonized coastal cities such as San Francisco and Seattle.
21st Century:
While the earth during the 21st century was not terribly unlike our current world, there was much more technological development until about the 2090’s, when a failure to halt human consumption caused a near total depletion of oil reserves.

22nd Century:
Starting in the 2100s, numerous wars were fought back to back in an effort to control the last of the world’s most precious resources for the next 80 years. This period of time is known as “The Dark Ages,” as much like its namesake from medieval times, it had set humanity back technologically by decades. Following the end of these wars, humanity experienced a short resurgence, and began climbing its way out of ruin. This period is known as The Second Renaissance.

23rd Century:
Following The Second Renaissance, Heaven began repopulating its lost numbers on the surface as well as scouting new members. Outside of the organization however, a madman was born. Roughly 30 years after the turn of the century, the villain that would be known as “Morkt” was brought into the world.

As The Second Renaissance continued, personally difficult life drove him into insanity and misanthropy. This eventually bred a terracidal philosophy within the man. Morkt, a brilliant scientist, spent the latter half of his life constructing a massive artificial army, which he then used to take over most of the earth in the 2290s. This period is largely regarded as “The Morkt Crisis.” During this time, much of Heaven’s surface staff had been recalled to Headquarters.

This did not go unnoticed by Morkt, however, and he developed a deep-seated hatred for the secretive society, as they became more and more of a thorn in his side. He saw them as the sole factor standing in the way of his total domination and eventual destruction of the Earth.

After the first year of the Morkt Crisis, a resistance movement was born and began to fight against Morkt’s tyrannical rule. Guardian Angels were frequently deployed to offer limited support during Resistance operations. This conflict came to a head in 2299 when the Morkt Crisis escalated into a full blown ground war between Morkt’s Regime and Heaven.

This war, however, was short lived, as the well trained legions of Heaven managed to make quick work of Morkt’s armies throughout the year due to outstanding force multiplication. This allowed them to strike multiple areas of the Earth simultaneously. While heavy losses were sustained by the Angels of Heaven, it was ultimately a total victory. During this time, however, Morkt nearly succeeded in bringing his ultimate plans of destroying the Earth to fruition.

While Morkt was killed during an engagement with Guardian Angel forces, a clone of his escaped with a grand weapon, capable of tearing the Earth asunder. This final plan nearly succeeded, as well. The clone initiated the destruction of the Earth, but Guardian Angel forces in pursuit managed to neutralize him and halt the process of Earth’s destruction.

24th Century:
Modern Era. The year is 2312. Earth has been very slowly recovering with the help of Heaven’s peacetime intervention (an unprecedented development in the organization’s history). However, a strange mental affliction and numerous crime syndicates rising to fill the power vacuum leaves the future very uncertain.

Before we get into character creation, please read these two rules

Rules on Ranking:
Military Ranking here works similarly to US Army ranking. However, Warrant Officers have been folded into the Commissioned Officer tier. Real life W1-W5 is this Organization’s O1-O5, and real life O1-O11 is this Organizations O6-O16. In this universe, Angels and Archangels are ranked E1-E9, whereas Guardian Angels and GASPO are ranked anywhere between O1-O11. Most new Guardian Angels will likely be ranked between O1 and O3. If you would like to make a character beyond that rank range, they will likely not be a new Guardian Angel. Please discuss this with me if this is the case. Don’t worry, I won’t bite...

Rules on Abilities:
Abilities are typically something that is mutated, more or less, about a person. That means that in most cases, barring certain forms of psychic power, they are augmentations unto the human body of some sort. You may be able to envelop yourself in flames, but you cannot cast fireballs much more than just beyond your arms length. You cannot control weather like Storm. You cannot shoot lasers out of your eyes like Cyclops. You can, however, turn a metal box into a gigantic taser if you touch it. Essentially, an anomaly should only have one ability, but if there are some that are consequence of the ability or required to support it, they are permissible within reason. If you have any questions about abilities that I have not addressed in my poorly worded summary, PLEASE make your inquiry known.

One additional rule: Expies are fine, but no previously existing characters. Darth Vader aint showin' his face in my house.

(Feel free to format this however you wish. I've spent a lot of time just coming up with information for NPCs, so I haven't made a dedicated Format)

Code: Select all
HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #9XXXXXX-XXXX
(^^^^^^^Only include this if your character is a member of Heaven^^^^^^^^)
Name:
Faction:
(For Angels/Guardian Angels/Non-Heaven Ranked Personnel) Rank:
(For All Else) Occupation:
Abilities:
Appearance/Description(if no image):
Height:
Biography:
Notes:
Roleplay Example:
Last edited by Kilel on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I don't even play this game anymore lol

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:42 pm

NPCs

Just a heads up, this is only going to include Heaven NPC's. I have some characters I want to keep under wraps, and I'm not making a bio for every throw-away villain in Act 1
Also to note: I'm not good at designing guns in any capacity, so just use your imagination for the weapons included in these apps.
Some info may be present in some apps and missing in others. I'll rectify that eventually. I just want to get everyone that I have in first.
Also... I'm not very good with names.

NPC's with * next to their name are legacy characters from the original story.

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #7746513-A2Z0
Name: Phenom Ortus *
Faction: Heaven
Rank/Position: Lord (Military)
Place of Birth: Cincinnati, Ohio
Race: Anomaly
Abilities: {{{DATA_REDACTED}}}
Appearance:

Height: 6’-3”/ 190.5 cm
Biography:

Entry 2642:

In the year {{{DATA_EXPUNGED}}} Sergeant Ortus was involved in Operation {{{DATA_EXPUNGED}}}. A full report of the outcome of this operation follows:

{{{DATA_REDACTED}}}

Following this operation, Sergeant Ortus was transferred from 3rd Angels Battalion to the Guardian Angels and granted the rank of “1st Lieutenant.”
Archivist’s Note: (((There should be Grimacing Emojis here but NS wouldnt let me post them without freaking out so...)))

Entry 2667:

{{{DATA_REDACTED}}}

Following the events of this operation, 1st Lieutenant Ortus was granted the rank of “Captain.”
Due to his exemplary performance in the field during this operation, it is the opinion of this council that Captain Ortus can effectively manage the security of HVT-777,{{{DATA_REDACTED}}}, Codename LUCK {{{DATA_REDACTED}}}.

More information is needed to accurately establish the efficiency and volatility of his abilities. He will be deployed as the primary force in Operation {{{DATA_REDACTED}}}. We will decide his future from there.

Archivist’s Note: Looking back, this is awfully ironic, isn’t it?

Entry 2763:

{{{DATA_REDACTED}}}

Following the events of this operation, Captain Ortus was granted the rank of “Major” and elevated to the position of Guardian Angel Special Operations. It is the opinion of this council that his combat prowess and judgement in the field will serve him well in the coming years.

Major Ortus has been given the responsibility of providing security for HVT-777. We expect great things from his new appointment.

Archivist’s Note: Sometimes I wonder about these guys… it’s almost like they… just know...

Entry 2974:

In the year {{{DATA_EXPUNGED}}} Major Ortus participated in Operation {{{DATA_EXPUNGED}}}. During this operation, Major Ortus oversaw the retrieval and security of {{{DATA_EXPUNGED}}}. A full report of the outcome of this operation is as follows

{{{DATA_REDACTED}}}

Major Ortus has been granted several weeks of R&R leave. Captain Montgomery will be accompanying him during this time.

Archivist’s Note: Holy shit.

Entry 4522:

{{{DATA_REDACTED}}}

He knows too much.

{{{DATA_REDACTED}}}

Archivist’s Note: You guys just love making me cut everything out, huh? Just because I’m sworn to secrecy doesn’t mean I can’t judge you.

Entry 4523:

{{{DATA_CORRUPTED}}}

4rch1v000000--t’5 n---3rte: I say again… Holy. Shit.

Entry 4524:

{{{DATA_CORRUPTED}}}

Entry: 4525:

Following the events {{{DATA_REDACTED}}} Phenom Ortus was appointed as Lord of the Military Division.

You flip through the rest of the file, but all you see is more redactions.

Personality: Lethargic and typically dismissive, though he appears to express some short bursts of energy where he takes on a more alert and personable disposition. This is usually accompanied by a sharp inhale. Despite this, he still carries a slight air of aloofness about him for some reason. As far as you can tell, this seems to be no more than a drastic mood change, rather than an indication of any personality disorder.

Briefing Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YzHAkgRFZY

Urgent Matter Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhNqV_r36pc

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #7746512-L1F3
Name: Lachesis Montgomery *
Rank/Position: Former Guardian Angel Spec. Ops., Phenom’s Secretary
Place of Birth: Cincinnati, Ohio
Abilities: Life Force Visualization
Appearance:

Height: 5’-10” / 177.8 cm
Biography:

Lachesis, like Phenom, was born into the organization. Childhood friends, they grew up together in the same neighborhood, which was actually just a front for a Heaven training community on the Earth’s surface. While Phenom’s parents were elite Archangels, Lachesis’s parents were merely Support Staff, though Lachesis had different plans for her future within the organization.

The more time she spent in Heaven’s Coordination Division, the more she impressed her superiors. Named after one of the Moirai of Greek mythology, (at her mother’s behest), she is also capable of visualizing her partner’s life force, in addition to being extremely intelligent and an impeccable Operator. This allowed her privileged insight on when she should advise her field counterpart to retreat.

Since the end of the Morkt Crisis 13 years ago, she’s remained as Phenom’s partner all the way through to his appointment as the Lord of the Military Branch of Heaven.

Personality: Lachesis has a rather doting personality. This mostly comes from being Phenom’s Voice of Reason as they were growing up, coupled with the fact that she felt a compulsive need to fill in for the mother he never had a chance to meet, especially after his father was killed in the line of duty.

Notes: Due to her unique ability, her eyes are slightly mutated. Her sclerae are blue, and her irises are golden. She also has crescent shaped additions, also gold, on both sides of her irises, within the sclerae. Given her ability, and the fact that her eyes resemble the Triple Goddess symbol, it is theorized that these additions have something to do with her ability to visualize someone's life force.

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #4432592-F4K3
Name: Michael Valli *
Faction: HVN GASPO
Rank/Position: Colonel (Guardian Angel Spec. Ops I)
Place of Birth: Boston, Massachusetts
Race: Human/Cyborg
Abilities: Fully Prosthetic Body, Highly Adaptive to multiple situations, Abnormal Strength, Speed, Reaction Time and Information Processing Rates.
Appearance:

Height: 6’-5” / 195.6 cm
Biography:
The only Guardian Angel of the Modern Era without a latent special ability, Micheal Valli became a Guardian Angel after partaking in a super-soldier project that involved replacing every part of the body except for the brain with mechanical/prosthetic parts, making him a full Cyborg. He is the third oldest Guardian Angel by Age, and the Longest-Serving-As Guardian Angel of the modern Era.

He’s served as a Guardian Angel since his enlistment in the project and subsequent reconstruction at the age of 18. While his combat abilities were honed and sharpened as time went on, his disposition has remained relatively unchanged, though he does express more maturity, of course. He attributes this to the fact that he wakes up feeling youthful every day of his life, no matter how much he ages, due to his cybernetic enhancements.

It is worth noting that his brain remaining organic was not due to a technological limitation of Heaven’s Science Teams, but rather his own choice. He is on record stating that digitization of the brain scares him as he fears he will lose himself to such a procedure a la the “Duplicates Paradox.” He holds fast to this fear despite overwhelming testimony from digitized subjects claiming that they feel exactly no different than they did before the process.

As a result of this insistence, Valli’s organic brain will eventually require periodic surgical maintenance to offset the deterioration it will eventually experience when current medical technology can no longer organically maintain his brain.

Personality: Decidedly “Uncle-like.” Generally playful, though retains a serious demeanor for sensitive situations. Enjoys combat as if it were exercise.

Standard Loadout:
Personalized GASPO Cloak and BDU
Combat Knife
DX-26 Trinity - Bullpup Burst Fire Assault Rifle chambered in 7.62x39mm.
KT-76 Cherub - Semi-Automatic Handgun chambered in .45 Calibur.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ffBcSRRmV0

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #6335632-S1T3
Name: 不鮮明 貞子 (Fusenmei Sadako)
Rank/Position: Major (Guardian Angel Spec. Ops II)
Place of Birth: Nanao, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan
Abilities: Visually Disruptive Visage
Appearance:
Seen

Normal

Height: 5’-10” / 177.8 cm
Biography:
The illegitimate child of a Yakuza boss and a Prostitute, Sadako's life was rough from the very beginning. Her father was completely unaware of her existence for his entire life, and her mother suffered depression from the mental effects of her work and the fact that she could never see her own daughter's face.

Sadako took up swordplay, originally, as a hobby to vent her frustrations while growing up. She was eventually scouted and taken in by an Angel who presented Sadako with a form-fitting mask that made seeing her face and features possible. Sadako soon joined Heaven under the tutelage of Valli, turning her curse into a blessing, and her honing her swordplay to perfection.

It is important to note that Sadako’s ability manifests through all methods of visual recognition. This includes viewing her through monitors. The only way you can see her face without it totally disrupting your vision is through the form fitting mask that she wears, and even that isn’t 100% perfect as some Angels have reported blurred vision when interacting with her, even when masked.

Personality: Due to her neglectful upbringing, though not for her mother’s lack of trying, Sadako’s personality is rather jaded. She is typically difficult to approach, though she opens up a bit more whenever she’s around Valli. She is totally void of personality when in combat, and her words when communicating with friendlies on the field are as cold and sharp as her blade.

Standard Loadout:
High Frequency Katana
KT-76 Cherub - Semi-Automatic Handgun chambered in .45 Calibur.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_J5uH2qRZU

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #4756214-3QU4
Name: Metkiy Strelok
Rank/Position: Lieutenant Colonel (Guardian Angel Special Operations III)
Place of Birth: Kiev, Ukraine
Abilities: Sees the world in equations.
Appearance:

Height: 6’-1” / 185.4 cm

Biography: Metkiy was born into a Russian diplomatic family that worked out of the Russian Embassy to Ukraine. When his family finally moved back to Russia, Metkiy spent most of his time hunting with his father. One day, his father awoke to his son's desperate cries for help. At the age of 15, Metkiy's vision had become riddled with equations that made up the world.

The story quickly spread throughout the world, and a Heaven operative offered to take Metkiy in, promising to help Metkiy cope with this new, strange disability. A Guardian Angel at the time taught Metkiy how to use the equations he saw to his advantage. He was turned into a weapon of brutal efficiency and pinpoint accuracy.

Personality: Metkiy is a man of few words, but he is not unapproachable. He generally has an air of warmness about him, despite the climate in which he grew up. No, instead Metkiy merely tries to say as much as he can with as few words as possible. He is not without his wisdom either. His extensive time serving as a sniper within the 15th Angels Battalion, as well as his long standing status as a GASPO, has granted him a wealth of experience that he always brings into combat.

Standard Loadout:
Combat Knife
DX-45 Judgement - Long Barrel Sniper Rifle Chambered in .50 BMG
KT-76 Cherub - Semi-Automatic Handgun chambered in .45 Calibur

For ultra-long range taskings, Metkiy utilizes a specially built compartment on the outer shell of Heaven. This “turret” is fitted with a RGX-56 Damocles Rail Gun chambered in .950 JDJ and a EX-90 Eye of Ra Magnification System capable of visualizing targets clearly on the Earth’s surface. Use of this system, however, is typically only utilized during situations wherein combat is underway on the surface. This is done in an effort to keep potential targets from getting wise and hiding indoors where Metkiy cannot strike reliably.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtDx5oHF_UQ

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #4731122-W1R3
Name: Pierre Gaspard
Rank/Position: Lieutenant Colonel (Guardian Angel Spec Ops Number IV)
Place of Birth: Paris, France
Abilities: Extrasensory Perception: Foresight
Appearance:

Height: 5’-11” / 180.3 cm
Biography: Pierre is the son of one of the previous Lords of Heaven, but by no means is he treated any differently than the rest of the Guardian Angels. He inherited his Foresight from his father, and very regularly incorporates it into his fighting. Gaspard has always been a slight oddball in his operations, but remains efficient despite his shenanigans.

Having been born into the organization, and showing a strong aptitude for combat since his childhood years, Pierre was drilled heavily as he aged. When he turned 26, he was formally inducted into the Guardian Angels, and he achieved GASPO status by 30. Since his induction, he has displayed an extremely high competency in personal defense.

His Foresight, combined with his preferred weapon, a series of highly dense, razor thin wires that he controls with laser precision, allows him to construct a nearly perfect defense, while also posing a terrible threat to anyone who would approach him. He will often use these skills in tandem to create a protective “cage” capable of intercepting gunfire, until a point.

Should gunfire become too heavy, or threatening personnel become too numerous, Gaspard’s effectiveness will begin to decline. As such, he is better for protecting High-Value Individuals rather than conducting offensive combat operations.

Personality: Gaspard is something of a jokester. His joviality is more of a byproduct of his ability than anything. Having the ability to see the future has resulted in him seeing his own death, as well as the deaths of people close to him, hundreds of times over. This has, unfortunately, taken a mental toll on him.

While Gaspard is still deemed fit for service by Heaven’s medical experts, he still struggles with bouts of depression as a result of his visions. As such, he sometimes adopts a more morose personality from time to time, though he often tries to offset it and cope through comedy.

Standard Loadout:
Combat Knife
KT-76 Cherub - Semi-Automatic Handgun chambered in .45 Calibur

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlKxO0iwI_8

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #8663254-M3CH
Name: Erle Jaeger
Rank/Position: Captain (Guardian Angel Spec Ops Number V)
Place of Birth: Hamburg, Germany
Abilities: Technopathy, Limited Ferrokinesis and Limited Telekinesis
Appearance:

Biography:
One of the few actual psychics in GASPO, Erle, (pronounced “Earl,” short for “Erleucht” is the youngest Guardian Angel of the Modern Era, replacing a Guardian Angel that was lost during the Morkt Crisis. Born in Hamburg to a Physics professor at the local university and her Mechanic of a husband, they were both shocked, but unsurprised, when they came home to their infant son disassembling the Television with his mind.

They began to seek some sort of help in understanding his ability, and took him to a hospital. There, they met a doctor, secretly an Angel, who assisted in helping Keegan control his abilities. When his parents were killed in a car accident, Erle was brought in by GaHDD and turned into an operative until it came time to replace a late Guardian Angel by the name of Sean Williams.

Erle spends much of his free time with Amanda as she acted much like a mother figure to Erle during his growth within the organization. The two share an extremely tight camaraderie due to the similarity in their childhood circumstances. As such, they are very trusting of each other during any combat operations that they are both part of.

Although naive during his initial years as a GASPO, Erle has grown into a proper warrior over the years.

Personality: Erle’s a bit of an overeager fellow, which reflects in his actions in the field. Where he was once unnerved by the sudden pressure of being a GASPO, Erle has since become a headstrong, calculated warrior of excellent efficiency. This eagerness manifests in his casual interactions as well, as he is often energetic and upbeat in his dealings with others.

Note: No, I definitely didn't rip off "Eren Jaeger" for this dudes name. His name used to be Keegan but I decided to change that to better fit his character, instead using a derivation of the German word for "illuminated."

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCN5-BiHb7s

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #6998723-P00F
Name: Amanda Washington
Rank/Position: Major (Guardian Angel Spec Ops Number VI)
Place of Birth: Las Vegas, Nevada
Abilities: Short-Range Teleportation and Limited Inertia Control upon “reappearing”
Appearance:

Biography: Amanda is an African-American woman that was born in the wrong place at the wrong time. When Amanda was born, the entire west of North America was in unrest. By the time she was 3, a long string of riots spanning nearly a decade broke out across the West. The reason for this was that much of the resources that were being used to restore the more prosperous East Coast were being acquired through extortion of the Western half of the nation.

When Amanda was 4, she accidentally discovered that she could teleport when she was cornered by rioters. The first time she teleported, she wound up on the roof of a nearby abandoned school. For the next few years, she practiced her teleporting so that she could do it on command. She spent the last 2 years of the riots getting into and out of trouble with local riot groups, escaping with her teleportation.

When Heaven caught wind of a child who could teleport, they immediately sent a space-hopper of their own to track her down. Her shenanigans, however, spurred the rioters to attack her home. The invaders killed her parents before her eyes. As the invaders closed in on Amanda, who was frozen with fear, an elderly man wearing a black cloak materialized right before her eyes, dispatching the invaders one by one with ease. Amanda's first words to the man after she had stopped crying were "Are you God?" to which he responded "Yes."

Amanda tends to hang around Erle often, believing herself to be a motherly figure for him. As such, she is fairly protective of him.

Despite the amount of time that has passed since her orphaning, Amanda still feels responsible for the deaths of her parents. In an act of self-shame, she constantly wears her cloak's hood up, and shrouds her face. It is rare that one will ever catch a glance of her face in a public setting.

Personality: Amanda is a relatively well adjusted individual, likely the most "normal" of the GASPO, especially considering the circumstances of her childhood. However, she’s prone to wax philosophical, and retains her belief in the God of the Bible despite having learned that older generations of Heaven are what sparked such mythologies.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPXuopwIdBo

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #8239383-T72P
Name: Laurie Jamison
Rank/Position: Captain (Guardian Angel Spec Ops Number VII)
Place of Birth: Dungarvan, Ireland
Abilities: Remote Viewing
Appearance:

Height: 5'-4" / 162.6 cm
Biography: Laurie when Laurie was born, much of Ireland had been abandoned. In the Dark Ages, it had served as a staging point for assaults into England and Scotland, so much of the local populace had already been cleared out. People never returned during The Second Renaissance, and Ireland mostly became an untamed place. Due to this, Laurie had a relatively quiet life, even during the Morkt crisis.

Born into a small HVN community on the outskirts of Dungarvan, Laurie had learned how to survive in the wilderness with the help of her parents. They taught her how to hunt, trap, and fight while the rest of the world was torn apart, since most of the smaller communities hadn't been activated during that time.

By the time Laurie was 13, Morkt's plans had already been thwarted and Earth was returning to something resembling normalcy. Even so, she had sworn to do everything
in her power to prevent the world from going out of control like that ever again. Over the next decade, Laurie was inducted into the Guardian Angel program, officially became a Guardian Angel at 18, and was elevated to the position of GASPO at 20 to replace Lachesis following her departure to continue working as Phenom’s aide.

Her elevation was due largely to her incredible skill in the use of trapping as a way to do battle with insurrectionists. Her combat effectiveness and knowledge of the wilderness makes her an ideal scout for Heaven, and an excellent candidate for CSAR operations.

Laurie typically needs very little assistance when it comes to field operations due to her ability, which allows her to bond to objects (usually a handful of steel balls, but her traps are also usually subject to this as well) and use them as conduits for her Remote Viewing ability, which allows her to mentally project herself at the location of a bonded object. As a result of this ability, SERE and combat recon are specialties of hers.

Personality: Laurie, true to her heritage, is a fiery girl. She has no problems with getting in someone’s face and giving them what-for when she has a problem with them, even going so far as to tell off Phenom when he’s made decisions that she’s had strong reservations against during oversight of field operations. Despite this temper, her loyalty to Heaven is unwavering and she follows her orders after venting her frustrations.

During Combat, Laurie is markedly more calm, though can usually be heard muttering to herself in obscenities, especially when sniping. Heaven Medical Staff believe her sharp disposition is a combination of her heritage, upbringing, and irritation brought on by usage of her abilities, though she has exhibited excellent control of her temper during recon operations.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amJ_WLmOKS0

What you have here are currently all of the NPC that I have bios written for at this time. There will be more. I guarantee it.
Last edited by Kilel on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:43 pm

reserved post

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:43 pm

reserved post

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:45 pm

maybe just one more reserved post for good measure. I doubt I'll use this much space but better safe than sorry ahaaaaaaaaa

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:52 pm

Yo.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:52 pm

Rupudska wrote:Yo.

wuz poppin

RaineTrifles
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Legacy(Invited Writer) Characters

Postby RaineTrifles » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi! Kilel's friend here! I'm part of the original story that took place 12 years ago! :) Very nice to meet you all!!!! I created this RP years ago with the initial lore [excluding the HVN organization] and built upon it with Kilel and friends [HVN, phenom, and other lores mentioned in here]. Thank you for continuing this journey with us and I hope you have a great time!

These are my characters as of now:

LEGACY Characters-
[Characters with * next to their name are legacy characters from the original story.]
HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #7770777-LUCK
"HVT-#777 LUCK"

Name: Luck* [[[DATA_REDACTED]]] (***)

Faction: Stray

Place of Birth: [[[DATA_REDACTED]]]

Abilities: [[[DATA_REDACTED]]]

Appearance: Image

Height: 5’-6” / 162.6 cm
Biography: [[REDACTED]]

Entry 1:
This is the start of the log of all data regarding HVT-777, colloquially known as “Lady Luck.” 777’s direct involvement with HVN began in the year of [[[DATA_REDACTED]]], where she cooperated extensively with Major Ortus during Operation [[[DATA_REDACTED]]]. 777 played a crucial role in securing [[[DATA_EXPUNGED]]].

Archivist’s Note: Wow she really went and did it, huh?

Entry 2:
After the conclusion of Operation [[[DATA_REDACTED]]], 777 cut all ties to HVN. Wary of her newfound [[[DATA_REDACTED]]], [[[DATA_EXPUNGED]]] was deployed for light surveillance.

You flip through the next 20 entries but they all read “ALL CLEAR”

Entry 23:

777 has made contact with Lord Ortus. Lord Ortus’s report details conversation where specifics largely revolved around [[[DATA_EXPUNGED]]]’s restoration. Reports indicate that roughly 5 minutes into the conversation, 777 suddenly angrily accosted Lord Ortus, and took possession of [[[DATA_EXPUNGED]]].

As of this day on, the apprehension of 777 alive is considered a top priority.

Archivist’s note: Wow, Phenom actually let her get away with that? Oh yeah and for anyone reading this, he said this off the record:

“I swear, if anyone touches a damn hair on her head I will personally execute them.”
Yikes. Then again, she WAS his Charge. The connection is probably still there.

Name: Alan Alastaire*

Faction: Interpol

Place of Birth: Niagara Falls, New York

Race (Anomaly/Human/Cyborg): Human

Abilities: Investigative Intuition, Sharp eye for details. Knows his firearms well.

Language Abilities: Knows how to read/write/speak English/Danish/Spanish/German
(Uses translation Interpol specialists for the rest of language understanding)

Appearance: Image

Height: 6'6

Biography: Much of Alan’s past is relatively unremarkable, up until the waning years of the Morkt Crisis. During this time, he worked extensively with Resistance forces fighting against Morkt’s oppression, albeit to little avail. It wasn’t until he made contact with the Guardian Angel, Phenom Ortus, that any real progress was made in the war effort. During this time, however, he lost his sister, Alaina. He does not take kindly to people prying into the details of her disappearance, so digging is discouraged.

Ever since the war’s end, Alan has been serving as a leadership figure in the new World Government’s International Police (Interpol). For the past 13 years, he's worked hard to attempt to rebuild law and order in this world that had already been left desecrated and in ruins after their victory against Morkt. He has connections to HVN, but only contacts them when necessary. Despite this deliberation in communication, Alan has somehow garnered the trust of Phenom, the Lord of Heaven’s Military division, and has a direct line of communication to him.

Weapons of choice: Guns, and tech (for capture or deterrents). (specializes in combat over a distance but can fight hand to hand if necessary.)

Fighting Scene songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o0-vYD1clg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exEt8k7sDyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8wpPKk0tko

Theme Song: https://youtu.be/DU203TWhrTE

NEW CHARACTERS BELOW:
HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #40001562-JKBN

Name: Cressida Kate Jones

Alias to those who know her (not in HVN organization): Lilac Cobra

Previous Rank/Position: Guardian Angel Interrogations Unit

Faction: Fallen Angel

Current Role: Unknown

Place of Birth: Unnamed wasteland in Brazil

Languages Spoken: Portuguese, English.

Abilities: Healing/Pain Enhancing

Strength:
Leadership / Firearms / Self healing

Weapons:
Guns (Cobra venom covered bullets),
and knives laced with cobra venom.

Weakness: Temper when certain subjects are mentioned. Self Healing disabled by an injury severe enough to slow the process and she could bleed to death(Being stabbed in the heart or head).

Height: 5’4

Biography:
Cressida Kate Jones was born to a Brazilian citizen trying to cross a minefield to a safe location. Cressida’s survival of the mine explosion was abnormal, and so the Previous Lord of HVN brought the child with him back to headquarters. Cressida was given the first name of her mother and the last name of her rescuer since her father could not be found. Her initial abilities were unclear until later in life when she snuck onto a ship headed towards the surface level of earth and aided a wounded angel that traveled on the ship when one of them suffered severe injuries in battle from heavy artillery weapons.

During the war, Cressida’s preferred remaining in the shadows rather than the spotlight, so she could get more done and without any hindrances of unwanted attention.

After the war with morkt, she aligned herself with the fallen angel's philosophy. The incident took place shortly after the previous Lord of HVN refused to allow her special ops team to imprison/interrogate the remaining of Morkt’s forces that had already turned in any and all information pertaining to experiments or harmful technology. Ever the skeptic, she conducted an unsanctioned investigation of her own.
However, she uncharacteristically lost her temper and killed the man she was questioning. Her whereabouts at this time are unknown since her disappearance after the event.

Personality:
All around good person with a heart of gold and nails painted with cobra snake venom infused nail polish. (Her lipstick is infused with snake venom too.) Has a more gray area sense of right and wrong. She wields a sharp tongue when on duty. Scarcely makes new friendships with others.
Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o62Wf0EVEnU
Cressida’s Youtube Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... U3mBy0aTRo

Appearance
Before Fall:

After Fall: (last reported image in location !(@#@!#*!#*%* (Information scrambled, unretrievable))
Entry 1098:
Sighting of Fallen Angel Cressida reported at [[REDACTED]], unconfirmed.
False reporting of last known location.

Entry 1099:
Three-second damaged security footage of suspected Fallen Angel Cressida retrieved from a trashed security camera in a landfill.

Goals: ??Something to do with Morkt Remnants?

Name: Daisuke (Japanese for Impressive) Giizhigoon (Oji-cree for sky)

Place of Birth: Canadian mining colony (morkt era)

Ethnicity: Canadian Indian (Oji-Cree), and Japanese

Nationality: Canadian

Languages Spoken:
English, Japanese, Limited Oji-Cree
-(due to his father having gone to a residential school at a young age and almost losing the language, he was unable to teach his son the language very much.)

Current Location: Ontario, Canada, inner city, ruins.

Race (Anomaly/Human/Cyborg): Anomaly

Known Abilities:
Elemental electricity ability (controlled by his emotion, recently discovered). Works by touch or sending the electricity out through his hands in bursts. Or through his feet on the ground through water. (Basically, he creates electric currents within his body and uses them to attack people via touch, throwing bolts of energy, or using the environment to transfer the electric current and immobilize people when they run from him.)
Weakness:
If he’s tied up and can’t see, he can’t safely send out bolts of electricity. And unless the air is capable of carrying the current, he wont be able to cast bolts.
The weaknesses of any human being apply to him. But he is immune to electric shock. (exception is if he keeps it in his body for too long it starts to affect the mechanical components of his artificial heart.)
Can’t control his emotions well because of PTSD from everything he’s been through. Therefore can’t control his abilities. Don’t startle him (unless you want to get electrocuted lol).

Personality towards strangers: Quiet, apprehensive, evasive, cold.

Personality towards friends: Quiet, somber, respectful, kind, protective, Empathetic.

Hobbies:
Reading mangha (Whatever he can find. Keeps a copy of the last one his mother bought him as a gift before her death) and old tech magazines/manuals, riding salvaged motorbikes, scavenging for old tech and repairing it, Listening to music and a vintage mp3 that he salvaged from the ruins and collects vintage music by trading his repair work with mp3 songs(His playlist). He sings only when alone.

Appearance/Description(if no image): Image

Height: 5’5

Biography: His First name is Japanese and his Last name comes from the oji-cree Canadians. Daisuke (Impressive) Giizhigoon (sky). At 2 years old during the morkt crisis, Daisuke’s oversized heart was failing him and he was going to die. With other options such as heart donors out of the question at this time of tyranny, his mother was left with no choice but to work with evil scientists in morkts regime and plead for them to choose her son for their next experiment to save his life.

There was no guarantee the experiment would work. The artificially grown / semi-mechanical heart was made out of cheap materials since it was for a test run. There was no way to know how long it would last. Nevertheless she proceeded. The procedure put him in a coma state for two years, and when he miraculously awoke at 4 years old the morkt crisis had already passed. Unfortunately, so had the majority of his family. His father, sister, brother, and distant relatives were all gone. Only he and his mother remained.

Despite the tragedies, irrationality and discrimination became rampant when jobs became rare and opportunities for good employment were scarce. When he turned 12, His mother, although she was not of native descent, could not find a permanent job because of Daisuke, whom looked more like his father. Then an old colleague came along and gave her a job at an advanced tech institute dedicated to reverse engineering previous era technology. This however was a front and other employees (unknown to his mother when she first started working there) dedicated themselves to developing new black market technology in the background. It was there she was able to get Daisuke checked. Miraculously everything seemed fine, however her face still showed concern.

Then at 15 years old, his mother was called to work for a brief meeting regarding something she had worked on months ago. After reassuring him she would be fine, she left to work in the morning. On his way to pick her up from her job, he saw people running from the building. However, by the time he made it there, it was nearly engulfed in flames. He punched his way through the public officials trying to stop people from approaching the fire, and ran into the first level of the building. There he found his mother nearly unconscious. A fractured wooden beam impaled her sides. Uttering her last words into his ears, she gave him a teary eyed sad smile, handing him a usb before passing out. Daisuke did not give up on his mother, however, and he remained with her trying to set her free until firemen dragged him out.

By some miracle the teen survived, but his mother and the majority of the staff members did not. Daisuke fell into a state of unresponsiveness in speech after waking. The run-down foster care system assigned Daisuke to a foster family housing many other kids in a worn down home in the suburbs. Silent around his foster family, he often escaped to the forest alone for some peace. The kids of the foster family followed him into the woods one day and decided to play a prank on him. He sat by the edge of a cliff singing a song that his mother had taught him in her language japanese. (Cloudy Day song from Actors: Songs Connection)

The kids interrupted him mid-song when they pushed him slightly, nearly shoving him off. In the midst of of the bullying, Daisuke cursed at them, and his powers awakened, a strong surge of electricity running through his body the next time one of the kids pushed him for half a second. That kid fell to the ground Unconscious, and in the middle of the chaos, Daisuke ran away. It is reported that he had been seen on the streets of the inner cities of Ontario, Canada, hiding among the ruins.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsAa0KzaJSg

Notes for the roleplayers only for explanation:
During the morkt era, because of her intelligence, his mother Aika-San was forced to work as a low-level underling to certain scientists loyal to Morkt. This meant her family was granted certain ‘protections’(if you can call it that) as long as she didn’t do anything to betray them. This also allowed for her pleading to be heard for her son to be used as a ‘test subject’ for an experiment. It was easier for them to use her son rather than use a civilian.
- - - - - - - - - - -
After the war was over, Aika-San handed over all the information they had given her to the HVN organization, and vanished from HVN’s radar with her son until her death at the Advanced Science Institute. The fire was so strangely intense that it consumed the building quickly, and any evidence of why the fire occurred along with it… or did it? - - - - - - - - - - -
The child that Daisuke shocked by accident is alive and well.

SIDE CHARACTERS:

Name:Gladis Mette

Faction: Interpol

Rank:Interpol Field Agent (Has refused higher ranks over the years)

Place of Birth: Decimated City, somewhere in Denmark.

Race (Anomaly/Human/Cyborg): Human.

Abilities: Incredible aim with a sniper rifle, very familiar with special forces tactics, has investigative instincts.

Appearance/Description(if no image): Image

Height: 5'3

Personality: Cool headed (most of the time), but has a foul mouth and loses her temper with people she cares about when they don't take care of themselves well (family drama from her past). She hates torture and believes in justice (although in sparring she may have a tendency to go to far if she's trying to teach them survival in a worst case scenario). She doesn't give a shit what people think about her and does what she wants in her off time, but follows orders to the letter in Interpol (unless she has a rreally good reason to disobey and the evidence to prove why she had to disregard an order).

Biography: Gladis met Alan soon after the morkt era ended after they both joined Interpol. Gladis used to be one of morkt's previously mind controlled foot soldiers. She was one of the people who had been treated at a recovery camp and had their implant removed due to the device being unable to be reset. Despite having lost the ability to grow her hair out at a normal rate after the procedure, despite having gone through all she did, she exhibited extreme confidence and a strange emotional stability.
They became unlikely friends after they both physically fought with each other during training over Gladis's 'lack of empathy' towards her teammates. She had overdone it during a spar, nearly breaking a person's arm. After talking sense into her during the fight, it ended in a tie with her walking away and calling him an idiot. (Details on this will be expanded upon later in RP)
As years passed she continued to deny any rise in rank that was offered to her and kept her field agent position due to the belief that she was incapable to be a leader due to her personality issues. Her friendship with Alan has made her more aware of the people around her, but she's still rough around the edges. Most people describe her logically driven during her work and more emotionally driven when it comes to those she's close to.
Last edited by RaineTrifles on Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:35 pm

I'll be adding in most of the NPCs tomorrow. I say most because there's a lot I'm not going to include, and a lot that haven't been developed yet. But enough that I don't have to worry about the ones I haven't yet made.

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm

Looks interesting, will probably read up later.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Xeng He wrote:Looks interesting, will probably read up later.

Sounds good. And please, let me know if there are any questions you would like me to answer before you decide. I have a lot up in my noggin about this but havent been able to adequately put it all down, including a lot of what's going on in Europe, Asia, Africa, etc. Though I dont expect to visit all of those places during this act (that might change lol.)

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:41 am

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #9176422-6208

Name: Ruby Hyeon
Place of Birth: Korean Peninsula
Race (Anomaly/Human/Cyborg): Anomaly
Abilities: Kinetic energy manipulation/redirection, touch-dependent. Enhanced durability.
Appearance/Description(if no image): rinkuu
Height: 5'2"
Biography: Every once in a while, Heaven agents get sent planetside long enough to give birth. It's not normal, mind you, but it happens, and Ruby was one such person born dirtside instead of on Heaven's orbital platform. It was a good thing that Korea was mostly peaceful, at least; especially the North where most attempts to reclaim the land for human settlement have failed. Largely as a result of the Morkt Crisis, Ruby has spent almost her entire life under the care of Heaven. One would think that that would make her a well-behaved, obedient woman. One would think. She follows orders well enough, but Ruby is well know for her volatile, explosive temper. While her actual wrathfulness is mostly directed at those she is told that it should be directed towards, this saves relatively few non-superiors from the sharpness of her tongue (which is very). She is, however, very much loyal to Heaven - she may disagree with it, and how it works, but she genuinely believes in it and its system.

The major saving point for her, besides loyalty, is that her combative personality is matched largely by her skill in actual combat. Even if she isn't very good with ranged weaponry beyond that designed for spray-and-pray or fire-and-forget, once the fight gets into fisticuffs range she really shines.
Notes: Small and full of Rage.
RP Example: No.
Last edited by Rupudska on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 pm

Alrighty. NPC's are updated in my first reserved post. They're not 100% but there's enough that it's only small details missing.

And RaineTrifles has added her characters as well, which is nice.

WizardMegumin
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby WizardMegumin » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Name: Hilda Hazevale

Faction: Non-Affiliated

Place of Birth: Foghill Bastion (Used to be known as San Francisco, CA)

Race: Human

Abilities:
- Mechanical Prodigy
> Hilda is attuned to any and all things related to the field of engineering; from reverse-engineering an advanced relic of the past, to creating a brand-new invention out of scraps found en masse in the myriad of abandoned junkyards. Hilda trades these machines to peaceful colonies, and sometimes offers repair services if need arises.
> This is possible because of her upbringing as a daughter of a mechanic, but it’s also because of her quick thinking, creative insights, attention to the minute details, and a certain lack of many fears: notably of trying new things that may not always work out, and of taking high-risk high-reward opportunities.
> While her engineering work is noteworthy, she is limited by her current situation. There are only so many useful doodads she can salvage in the graveyard of machines from a bygone era, and Strays who are individually stronger and much more violent than her roam the isolated land in packs.
- Agile Build
> While it’s insufficient compared to the likes of Anomalies or Cyborgs, years of scavenging in the hazardous junkyards have taught Hilda how to escape from danger with the use of stealthy movements and quick getaways. She has naturally learned parkour to effectively move about the various terrains, and her naturally small body allows her to fit in small spaces.
- Survivalist’s Mind
> Similarly, thanks to living alone in the wilderness for years, Hilda is as equally adapted to the harsh nature as she is to the deadly urban ruins. Even though most of her provisions come from hospitable colonies in exchange for her services, she hunts her own food sometimes with a custom-made crossbow. While she lacks the experience of a grizzled veteran survivalist, she makes up for it in her previously-mentioned engineering prowess.

Appearance:

*Drawn by the wonderful @cjafterdark on twitter!*

Height: 168cm (5’ 6”)
Weight: 55 kg (~121 lb)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazelnut

Biography:

In the turbulent world where the remnant of civilization attempts to rebuild itself against tribulations and raw human desire for chaos, ruins of what was once a glorious metropolis are great places for colonies to be rebuilt. Foghill Bastion is one such colony. Born among the ashes of a ruinous metropolis and named so because of the frequently buildup of thick clouds that descend deep into the steep terrain, this industrial colony flourished because of its strategic location for trading with other colonies. But it’s unfair to just chalk up the thriving colony’s success to just its geographical advantages. The true reasons are the practicality of its’ people and the charisma of their leader: Gerald Hazevale.

Gerald and his wife, Johanna, were part of a guerilla resistance group that fought against the tyrannical regime of Morkt, circulating underground networks and smuggling provisions away from scarcely guarded fringe warehouses. However, they never had the manpower nor resources to directly damage Morkt’s steel grip over the planet… before the tyrant was mysteriously defeated at the hands of an equally enigmatic organization. A sense of nihilism swept across not just them, but across the entire globe. Some groups fell and broke apart as their sense of purpose deteriorated. Others resorted to less-than-savory acts to claim monopoly on what little resources remain… or just to sate their lust for battle. Very few groups actually made it through this period of lull, creating colonies to promote peaceful reconstruction.

It was for the sake of their daughter that Gerald chose the lattermost option. Hilda was a charming young girl at the age of 10 by the time Morkt’s regime ended. Taking after her mother’s role of an engineer, Hilda already had a knack for tinkering with machines even when she and her parents were on the run from the late tyrant’s watchful eyes. It would be too dangerous for Hilda to be raised in the harsh reality without some kind of safe haven. So, Gerald and Johanna created Foghill Bastion and invited lone wolves, deserters, and refugees alike from near and far. Their hope was to recreate the glorious past from the Old World without the extravagant flaunting of wealth and waste of precious resources.

Thankfully, the colony grew exponentially and rapidly. What was originally a small outpost of 20 men doubled its population by the end of the first year, tripled by the end of the second year, and quintupled by the end of the third. When the colony met its 8th birthday, it became a thriving hub of commerce and industry with a healthy population of 300.

Of course, such a rapidly growing colony would require an even faster growth in infrastructure to feed the people and energy to power the crucial systems. Even with Johanna and Hilda’s expertise, the energy they could make with what they had at their disposal were not enough at times, forcing the city to go through rolling blackouts every so often. While Johanna believed this was a small price to pay for what they accomplished, Hilda; now a beautiful young woman at the age of 18; believed that there could be an alternative, better way to power the city… and that the solution was outside the city walls.

Hilda crafted a small cargo vehicle in her secret workshop connected to the outside through a well-hidden chute and snuck out of the colony at night to scour the abandoned junkyards in the vicinity for salvage. Then, she would bring the salvage back in to her workshop to work on a stronger, more efficient reactor that could power the city. When inquired about the reactor, Hilda merely made an excuse of unearthing an antique power core from one of the unused buildings; which most people believed without a second thought. With the repeated praises came overconfidence as Hilda ventured further and further away from the colony, until one morning she was caught red-handed by Gerald who, noticing that Hilda was missing in her bedroom, placed double the guards as usual.

Gerald and Johanna stressed upon Hilda the dangers of venturing outside, while Hilda justified her actions for the good of the colony’s progress. When the beliefs of the parent and the daughter clashed, Gerald put down the ultimatum as the leader of the colony: either fall in line, or leave the colony. Hilda chose the latter, to the surprise of many; including her own father.

It’s been 5 years since then. Hilda ventures through the world as a nomad, tinkering with various scraps she found on the road. Occasionally, she would come across other colonies where she provides her services, but she never stays in one place. After all, there’s so much to explore, and she is confident that her ingenuity and confidence can take her anywhere.

Notes: None, so far.
Last edited by WizardMegumin on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:20 pm

WizardMegumin wrote:snip

You already know you're set ahaaaaaaaa

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:32 am

HEAVEN PERSONNEL FILE #9426410-8492 DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED
Name: Riley "Misfit" Chase
Faction: Fallen Angels
Place of Birth: Former United States of America
Race: Human
Abilities: Special Forces Operator. Hard drinker, harder hitter.
Appearance/Description: See attached photo
Height: 5' 9"
Biography: Riley Chase had enlisted with HVN and had quickly proven her worth as a soldier in her time. With her tenure, she had reached a high enough rank to command small squads and was able to even become an Arch Angel. She kept her previous life and work generic and secret as much as possible, but her reputation for hard work and willingness to get her hands dirty was welcome. Her attitude earned her infamy, on the other hand. She was notoriously loud-mouthed, aggressive, and brazen. She had no problem speaking her mind about sensitive topics to those of a higher rank. But in her time, she knew a lot and that infuriated those who were on the other end of her foul-mouthed verbal fistfights. She didn't care, of course. It was the mission that always had the most of her attention.

That was, until, a certain op had gone south rather quick. Riley had called and called for a MEDEVAC for wounded civvies she had rescued, but was denied due to circumstances outside of her control. The mission was a bust, and she was the only one that had made it out. From there, things quickly snowballed as she consistently found more and more reasons to dislike HVN's procedures and protocols. Riley wanted to genuinely do could, but the constant irreconcilable differences she was having with HVN higher-ups eventually forced her hand. She didn't bother to write or sign her resignation. In fact, it happened during a debriefing. Riley told her commanding officer where he could stick her chevrons as she ripped them off her uniform and walked out. Since then she roamed the Badlands as a mercenary, keeping a somewhat low profile and going only by "Misfit". She's still out to do some good, but there's a lot of bad to get rid of first.
Notes: Wild card. Quick to anger, quicker on the trigger. Approach with caution.

Roleplay Example: You fun guy like mushroom
Last edited by Monfrox on Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Brancoveanic Transylvania
Attaché

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:36 am

I'll app since this looks interesting;

Name: Dea Brand
Faction: Strays
Place of Birth: London, United Kingdom
Abilities:
Fangs: Dea retains a pair of sharp, durable fangs in order to bite into a target when she's thirsty.
Slowed Aging: Dea can retain her youth for extremely long periods of time, as seen by Dea resembling how she was at her early 20s despite being born in 2062.
Enhanced Strength: Dea is known to be extremely strong, being around the same level of raw strength as a gorilla. A measurement of Dea's strength set her finger pressure as 325 kg/cm2, with a punch measuring around 5,500PSI. Dea herself also has extremely sharp 1-inch-and-a-half fingernails that function as miniature claws to an extent.
Enhanced agility: Dea is very agile, her speed having been likened to that of a cheetah. She is able to jump several meters up in the air, and other demonstrations of agility and strength include casually hanging from a ceiling.
High-level Regeneration: Dea's body is able to live even after having vital body parts amputated. It will eventually regenerate and the body parts can reattach themselves through this healing if she can reach to them and keep them on for at least 5 seconds. However, she can still die if her brain is damaged sufficiently or severed, and a stored amount human blood is required for this to function. Dea herself has a special organ dedicated to storing human blood for this purpose, located between the pancreas and spleen.
Blood Sucking: Dea's main ideal is to consume the blood of living creatures to sustain herself. Blood consumption will strengthen Dea and heal her if she was weakened before. In a severely weakened state, Dea will instinctively crave blood and may attack anyone nearby to regenerate. Dea can optionally also consume animal blood and "haemoglobin supplement", but she prefers human blood in any case. Her worshippers are more than happy to oblige in feeding her. Hoever, blood consumption is vital because the effects of her powers depend on how much blood she has consumed, and how recently. In this case, "High-level" Regeneration would require a lot of blood. Although the level of enhancement she can achieve is high, it has a cap and is dependent on the amount of blood she has consumed, running on a timeline. If she is starved for an amount of time, she will grow progressively weaker

Enhanced Senses: Having been equipped with night vision equivalent to that of a fox, as well as the ability to determine someone's blood type by scent, Dea appears to have enhanced senses.
Mixed Martial Arts: Despite being unarmed save for her fingernails, Dea is a practictioner in many brutal forms of martial art to compliment her vampire powers, showing techniques seen in Kapu Kuialua, an ancient Hawaiian martial art of which relies on bone breaking and joint attacks,, that she read in books, as well as Krav Maga and prominently 'dirty' moves such as eye gouging and throat chops. She mainly utilises it in order to brutalize an enemy to the point of incapacitation before biting into them to drain their blood.
Throwing Knives: Dea carries a set of 6 Damascus steel throwing knives, which she can throw and utilise with a fair amount of skill.
Weaknesses:
Sunlight: Dea's main natural weakness is being exposed to sunlight. She burns extremely easily when exposed, and any damage inflicted by sunlight or sunlight-powered abilities will take notably longer than usual to heal, in around 30 minutes rather than 30 seconds. If left completely exposed, it's equivalent to bathing in gasoline and then lighting a blowtorch to her head to her. She can circumvent this by moving around in shady areas as well as utilise umbrellas, though for the most part she lives a nocturnal lifestyle.
Silver Allergy: If Dea touches something made of pure silver, it will result in her getting a rash. This is harmless for the most part, but it retains an effect similar to poison ivy. If lodged inside her through a blade or bullet, however, it will render her large amounts of pain.
Height: 6'5" (195 cm)
Biography:
Born all the way back on October 13, 2062 and known as the first (or one of the first) Anomalies to have been born and potentially the oldest, Dea was born to an ambitious, but failed Irish businessman by the name of Dorian Brand; and Diana, a young, but racist and alcoholic con artist. She grew up in a slum in southwest London with her parents as her dad was always nearly in the dips with his failing business. Her childhood was abusive, with her mother venting her anger on her and her father, and after her father passed away when she was 13, Dea herself was the forefront of abuse.

At a young age, Dea started to have nightmares, often waking her father in the middle of the night. This ended when her father took her in the basement to fight the monsters with weapons, curing Dea of her nightmares. Her grandfather, a veteran of the Iraq War, later gave her a pocket knife to keep with her and taught her how to fight in the art of Krav Maga, a brutal martial art developed by the Israeli Defence Force of which he learned from Israeli commandos, giving her an upper hand whenever she went out as she often got into fights with bullies, brutalising them on a scale that would have gotten her a major sentence in prison were it not for the corrupt policemen. Despite the abuse she suffered from her mother, her father showed her unyielding compassion, and he trusted her with a mask made of bloodstone, a family heirloom for Dea to give to her spouse one day.

Around the age of eleven or twelve, Dea met and befriended a Chinese girl named Shenhua, whom she took a liking to due to her courage and surprising knowledge. She would have a great impact on her development socially, as they often discussed philosophical manners, both learning from each others' experiences. However, when she was 14, they were caught by her mother under the poplar tree, enraging her. Her father hid her in the closet while she dealt with Diana. Dorian and Diana argued until she knocked her unconscious with a frying pan, leading Dea to come out of the closet and fight off her mother until Dea was strangled unconscious. Later that day, Dea was strapped to the sawhorse in the basement, and forced to shoot her beloved cat Gyro, much to her mother's glee. Afterward, Dea, Shenhua and Dorian buried Gyro in the front yard, while Dea was consoled by her father, who told her it would end better than it began. She was then taken into her room, where her father noted that Diana hurt her badly. That moment influenced Dea to covertly murder her mother the next day with a poison she secured from a Chinese-run syndicate operating in London that Shenhua notified her of, learning from her dying mother of her sister Daphne Brand's debt while told take advantage and seize the ultimate Brand fortune residing in America.

Sometime inbetween the death of her mother and the meeting with Shenhua, Dea discovered her anomaly powers, growing a set of fangs and becoming sensitive to sunlight, where even in the modest cloudy weather in London, she would develop sunburns. After independence from her family when her father died a year later, she sought a nocturnal lifestyle, moving over to the United States with her cousin Dora Brand and settling in Texas, the girl being one who standed out as she either slept through the day or stayed indoors, and would avoid sunlight whenever possible. In the rough town of El Mundo they resided in, there was alot of dangerous activity, and gunfights between policemen, criminals and vigilantes were highly common, resulting in Dea seeking protection by a vigilante with an unhealthy association with the Wild West by the name of "Mountain Tim". She noted the fact that he was a guardian angel, noting in her diary that "had it not been for that Mountain Tim and his misguided sense of protection, I would not have been here today.", as well as the fact that "Even though I feel I am truly within the right, that man Mountain Tim would have not been proud of the path I went. He took me for something so innocent, and..."

...after maturing at 19, she eventually went into underground boxing gloves, though on her first match, she displayed acts of tremendous strength when she punched a woman through the ring, smashing her against the wall. Seeing the sight of her blood awoke something in her, causing her to approach her and lick her blood to satisfy a sudden, tremendous urge. She grew wildly addicted, soon suckling happily on her wound, the crowd standing in shock as she drank before a man pulled a gun, accusing her of cheating, and shooting her in the back twice, the girl then jerking up and instinctively disarming him before breaking his arm and biting down on his wrist to sustain herself, healing back the wounds he caused her. Calmly walking away, she then met with a group of lawmen, using newfound speed and strength to take them all out with ease before running out into the distance, her faithful cousin Dora Brand joining her. She found a train going to Pennsylvania later as she arrived in Louisiana, though she was stopped by the one man she had trusted; Mountain Tim and his gang. A battle ensued, between an also realised anomaly by the name of Dora, before Diana eventually defeated Mountain Tim, biting down on his neck and draining out all his blood, leaving him a somewhat empty body. No wash of regret or thrill waved over her; but a cold, bitter smirk of victory, Diana taking his hat and high-calibre tactical single action revolver as a memory. Eventually managing to settle in an isolated castle in Carbondale, Pennsylvania near a village, she settled in a now 650+ year old mansion where she resided for centuries, often going out into the town at night to talk to the locals, and feed on unsuspecting tourists when Dora was out, and eventually, after she disappeared before the Second Renaissance. She made several friends, though eventually, some caught on to her definitive vampire identity, and she became a tourist attraction, gaining as a local celebrity in Pennsylvania and eventually forming a cult entitled the 'Fellowship of the Immortal DEA'.

She went into a state of isolation for centuries eventually, for the sake of her safety, when a fortune teller told her that a great catastrophe was to arrive in the 22nd century, causing her to hide in her castle and rely on only her most devoted followers and their bloodlines to maintain herself, most of them eventually beginning to inbreed. Though Dea acknowledged and appraised these families spending their lifetimes to keep her company in the darkest of times, she didn't resist in killing any children who were deformed due to severely recessive genes, believing that their blood was 'unclean' and merely recommending to 'try better sex positions and maybe a better sperm cell will make its' way through.' Whenever she didn't feed on these families, she went for stray cats and dogs, and sometimes even raped family members by coercing them into having sex with her, regardless of age or gender.

After the Morkt crisis ended, Dea re-emerged from her manor and brought upon a new wave of re-establishing power in her fallen state, bringing forward her "Second Fellowship of the Immortal DEA" and attracting many members by preforming miracles in some instances, while taking advantage of the vampire in pop culture to seduce and coerce young people into joining her, promising them a method of eternal life should she find a way to replicate her mutation, as well as establish her own methodical pagan religion, involving several holidays of human sacrifice, isolation from other societies and total devotion to Dea. From that day forward, she seeked to march her ideals forward in the ashes in order to establish a worldwide wave of her new religion and seize America to shape her own ideals, as well as find a way to replicate her condition in others and start a vampire race, seeing as she sees herself as a 'perfect being'.

Notes:
    - Dea is known to be offended at the notion that she's associated with any weakness other than sunlight or silver, having listed garlic as her favourite food and also that "A wooden stake to the heart can kill just about anyone."
    - Dea refers to herself as a vampire, despite the fact she's biologically and legally an 'anomaly', since there's no other mutation similar to hers.
    - Despite having lived in the United States for centuries, Dea still carries a prominent English accent.
    - She retains a relic of antique itemry from her own history, such as one of Shenhua's hair clips, Mountain Tim's revolver and hat, several Coca-Cola bottles, Several albums of artists, mainly 'Queen', 'King Crimson', 'Oingo Boingo', 'Eminem' and 'Earth, Wind & Fire', a stuffed Mickey Mouse plushie and an original XBox with a collection of video games, as well as comic from DC, Marvel, Dark Horse and Shonen Jump.
    - She also has a very deep foot fetish. She loves feet, including feeling, smelling and tasting them to her hearts content. She also enjoys having her own feet be worshipped.
    - Her supposed favourite blood type is 'AB-', saying it reflects her own semi-negative energy plus her 'improved' ability.

Music:
Intro Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MztTCT2PLC0
Battle Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Xu3IqaETQ
Ambient/Dark Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qq1B5na--s
Roleplay Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=472690&p=36550418&hilit=DIA#p36550418
Last edited by Brancoveanic Transylvania on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:17 am, edited 15 times in total.
Current year: 1795

Set in an alternate timeline where less-aggressive and civilised vampires roam Europe and mainly Transylvania, home of the infamous Vlad Draculesi long ago, think of what would happen if JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood meets Game of Thrones meets The Duellists meets War and Peace, Complete with the revolutionary-king-but-also-asshole Dionisie Brancoveanu under tension against his vengeance-lusted brother, now King of Hungary, Ionatan!

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:43 pm

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:snip

Alright so

I can appreciate the adaptation of Dio but

There's a few things in here that I take some issue with.
First thing: I know you stated it in the bio, but please fill out the Place of Birth (I suppose I should have put in a DATE of birth, too, huh?)

Second, and this is more my fault, I can see I wasn't clear enough on abilities. They were kind of meant to be one thing, though like... subsequent abilities around the initial anomalous property would be expected I suppose.

Here's my take on her abilities:

I can deal with her having an extended lifespan. That's fine, though I probably wouldnt have her at 472. Probably closer to the 200s, if she's meant to be one of the first anomalies born... For this, I'm going to take "Vampirism" as her core mutation. Cryomancy is gonna have to go for sure, since I'm 99.9% certain you're not going to trade it for the vampirism. I can accept High level regeneration, enhanced strength/agility/senses on one condition: It depends on how much blood she has consumed, and how recently. In this case, "High-level" Regeneration would require a lot of blood. So we'll say that the level of enhancement she can achieve is high, but has a cap at around what you've described, and is dependent on the amount of blood she has consumed, running on a timeline.

Next: There's a LOT of problems and inconsistencies with her bio. I can tell this is an expy and that's fine. I believe Rupudska and Monfrox are also doing expies. But even then there's a lot of points where I have no idea what's going on. You use "Him" to regard both Dea and Diana a couple of times. Who is B.J.? Who is Bessie?

I assume "Mountain Tim" is meant to be an actual Guardian Angel? That's fine, I don't mind that.

You have some redundant phrasing, such as in regards to where Dea settled down.

I don't see ghouls anywhere here but I'm gonna say uh... no Ghouls. No Thralls.

Where, exactly, is she meant to be in Pennsylvania, by the way?

Did she disappear during the Second Renaissance or before it?

jsyk, btw, she won't be able to create said Vampire Race. For reasons. That will be explained later in the story.

Take another crack at it with the feedback I've supplied and we'll see how I feel about it then, yeah?
Last edited by Kilel on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:53 pm

Kilel wrote:

Alright so

First thing: I know you stated it in the bio, but please fill out the Place of Birth (I suppose I should have put in a DATE of birth, too, huh?)

Second, and this is more my fault, I can see I wasn't clear enough on abilities. They were kind of meant to be one thing, though like... subsequent abilities around the initial anomalous property would be expected I suppose.

I can deal with her having an extended lifespan. That's fine, though I probably wouldnt have her at 472. Probably closer to the 200s, if she's meant to be one of the first anomalies born... For this, I'm going to take "Vampirism" as her core mutation. Cryomancy is gonna have to go for sure, since I'm 99.9% certain you're not going to trade it for the vampirism. I can accept High level regeneration, enhanced strength/agility/senses on one condition: It depends on how much blood she has consumed, and how recently. In this case, "High-level" Regeneration would require a lot of blood. So we'll say that the level of enhancement she can achieve is high, but has a cap at around what you've described, and is dependent on the amount of blood she has consumed, running on a timeline.

Next: There's a LOT of problems and inconsistencies with her bio. I can tell this is an expy and that's fine. I believe Rupudska and Monfrox are also doing expies. But even then there's a lot of points where I have no idea what's going on. You use "Him" to regard both Dea and Diana a couple of times. Who is B.J.? Who is Bessie?

I assume "Mountain Tim" is meant to be an actual Guardian Angel? That's fine, I don't mind that.

jsyk, btw, she won't be able to create said Vampire Race. For reasons. That will be explained later in the story.

Take another crack at it with the feedback I've supplied and we'll see how I feel about it then, yeah?

Alright, so I've touched it up and fixed it like you asked. I've removed the mention B.J. and Bessie, and fixed the pronoun issue.

No, there will be no ghouls, zombie or thralls. She already has the cult members as her own set of intelligent but mortal 'thralls'.

Dora disappeared before the Second Renaissance, due to the fortune teller recommending her to stay low in case of the events that happened prior, meaning the wars for the resources.

FIne by me with her not being able to mutate others to be like her.

Set in an alternate timeline where less-aggressive and civilised vampires roam Europe and mainly Transylvania, home of the infamous Vlad Draculesi long ago, think of what would happen if JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood meets Game of Thrones meets The Duellists meets War and Peace, Complete with the revolutionary-king-but-also-asshole Dionisie Brancoveanu under tension against his vengeance-lusted brother, now King of Hungary, Ionatan!

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:33 pm

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:
Kilel wrote:
Alright so

Alright, so I've touched it up and fixed it like you asked. I've removed the mention B.J. and Bessie, and fixed the pronoun issue.

No, there will be no ghouls, zombie or thralls. She already has the cult members as her own set of intelligent but mortal 'thralls'.

Dora disappeared before the Second Renaissance, due to the fortune teller recommending her to stay low in case of the events that happened prior, meaning the wars for the resources.

There's still some temporal oddities (and a consistency issue based on her learning of Rough And Tumble. Check that area.) with Mountain Tim being a cowboy, and maybe a couple of other things I missed. Read over the whole thing again and make sure it's cleaned up for the time, and then we'll call it good. I have no other problems otherwise, so you can consider it accepted once anything that doesnt make sense for the time period it takes place in is cleaned up.
Last edited by Kilel on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:45 pm

Kilel wrote:
Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:Alright, so I've touched it up and fixed it like you asked. I've removed the mention B.J. and Bessie, and fixed the pronoun issue.

There's still some temporal oddities (and a consistency issue based on her learning of Rough And Tumble. Check that area.) with Mountain Tim being a cowboy, and maybe a couple of other things I missed. Read over the whole thing again and make sure it's cleaned up for the time, and then we'll call it good. I have no other problems otherwise, so you can consider it accepted once anything that doesnt make sense for the time period it takes place in is cleaned up.

Done and done.
Also, is the person above my original app accepted?
Last edited by Brancoveanic Transylvania on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:39 pm

Also, is the person above my original app accepted?

yeah, I was waiting on something from him. Everything is cleared up now, he's one of my invited writers so.

Monfrox wrote:snip

you're in my bruva
Last edited by Kilel on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:58 pm

Well, I was kind of hoping for more people to have applied for this by now. That's kind of why I set it up with the whole graduation thing. Oh well. I have enough characters between myself and my invited writers, as well as our outside applicant, that I can get this ball rolling once a few more of my invited writers submit their apps. In the meantime, if there's anyone out there that's interested.. here's your bump I guess.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:34 am

App completed.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Devidican Protectorate
Civilian

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Devidican Protectorate » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Name: Dillon “Deliverer” Micheal
Rank/Position: Scout, Reconnaissance, Interface
Place of Birth: Earth, Heaven-controlled Community
Race : Anomaly
Abilities: Limited Vectoral Influence
Dillon is able to increase or decrease the velocity of a particular object, in relation to its position to another object. He can increase the velocity of The Object, known as the package, and direct its course to another object. He can similarly use the package as an anchor point, and direct other things within his manipulation, including himself, to the package. Finally, he can recall the package to himself over a decent range.
Directional influence is only across an A-B channel, meaning he cannot curve it around obstacles, or move it out of the way of something else. It must be a straight shot.
Appearance: Average, somewhat handsome young man with short, blonde hair. Blue eyes.
Height: 5'7''
Biography: Dillon Grew up in one of Heaven's ground communities to a loving mother and father. His Grandfather used to be a mediator between ground units and Heaven, having gone up there several times for work, apparently. Dillon idolized the "war hero" his grandfather was (Or at least what Dillon thought he was...) and dreamed of being just like him. After High School, Dillon kept after physical exercise and delved into the knowledge his community was privy to, regarding Heaven and their operations. It was around his early enlistment training that his power was noticed; objects flying to and from him seemingly randomly. It was amazingly dangerous, and Dillon had to be pulled from basic training to undergo advanced training for his "condition." It was found that Dillon could focus this ability into single objects, becoming familiar with them. Until he has complete mastery of the phenomena, if he does not do this regularly, he runs the risk of triggering the power to randomly activate on anything in his nearby area. He has currently set to focusing on an old replica combat knife his grandfather gave him.

Dill eventually was able to enlist, but was deemed too unstable for rank and file military. Instead, he serves in the General Operations Department primarily, testing out new, approved gear and technology of heaven for pre-approved missions when he is requested, or his superiors wish to test his current equipment under a particular circumstance. He is currently enrolled in Interpersonal Relations between ground and Heaven forces. Basically he's the water boy. He also assists in the testing and applicability of the G.O.D.'s approved photo-synthetic tools, pet-named Hard Light. In addition to his "cool gadgets", he also carries standard military gear for singular, or small group missions. Dillon is generally not deployed on missions and with groups going on important expeditions, due to his unpredictability. However, ranking officers and units can petition to have Dillon along, and it isn't uncommon for him to be deployed with "the boys" on lower profile missions.

(Disclaimer: I Work. A Lot. Kilel knows this, so I engineered into his backstory a reason why, if I need to be left out of the RP for a period of time, we can do that and say, "Oh he just wasn't deployed or involved in this missions! Hue. Hue. Too far above his pay grade!)
Last edited by Devidican Protectorate on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse