NATION

PASSWORD

Threads Disappearing from "View your Posts" List

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Threads Disappearing from "View your Posts" List

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Every so often I have noticed that threads I have posted in have disappeared from the "view your posts" list. Most noticeable is the Trans Discussion Thread disappearing from it, which has happened several times thus far over the past several months. Since to the best of my knowledge I have done nothing that could possibly cause this problem, I am assuming it to be a bug of some sort. It has also happened to several other threads I have posted in, including the Christian Discussion Thread.

I am unable to provide any further info, since what is happening will be "under the hood" so to speak, with the only visual effect being said disappearance of the threads from the list.

There is obviously a remedy for it on my part, which is to post in the thread again, but needing to do it has started to get rather annoying as of late.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Usually when people complain about this, it's Thursday, and their answer is "the forum re-indexes itself on Thursdays, so just wait a few hours". Does that seem to fit the times when you notice threads disappearing?
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Phydios wrote:Usually when people complain about this, it's Thursday, and their answer is "the forum re-indexes itself on Thursdays, so just wait a few hours". Does that seem to fit the times when you notice threads disappearing?

No. I know about the indexing every Thursday, this is seemingly random; and the threads don't just disappear for a while as can happen with the re-indexing, they disappear from the list for good.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:45 pm

"View your posts" is actually just a ego-search on your nation name as poster. There's no stored list of your posts. There's nothing mods can do to affect it. The Thursday indexing is the only answer we've got.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:47 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:"View your posts" is actually just a ego-search on your nation name as poster. There's no stored list of your posts. There's nothing mods can do to affect it. The Thursday indexing is the only answer we've got.

I know the Thursday indexing isn't the culprit as the Trans thread was on the list at the weekend, and by early Wednesday morning it had disappeared. It must have disappeared at some point on Monday or Tuesday.

Wave on, wave on

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:34 am

I did a search on your nation name, and the trans thread (and your complaint about it disappearing) was right there on page 2. I can't replicate the problem, and can assure you that there is no conspiracy to block you from your rightful post viewing.

Try bookmarking the thread on your browser. We're obviously undependable.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:49 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:I did a search on your nation name, and the trans thread (and your complaint about it disappearing) was right there on page 2.

On the past few times it has happened I have looked for it on the first few pages of the list, and it is never there, even though someone had posted in the thread very recently (and it was near the top of the list in General). It was only by posting in the thread that it reappeared again in the view your posts list.

Frisbeeteria wrote:I can't replicate the problem, and can assure you that there is no conspiracy to block you from your rightful post viewing.

I'm aware that it's nigh on impossible to replicate, but I was just pointing it out in case it was some kind of bug with the indexing system that needed flagging up. But since it is seemingly random I appreciate that it's difficult to bugstomp such a problem. And I'm aware that it is not intentional. :p

Frisbeeteria wrote:Try bookmarking the thread on your browser. We're obviously undependable.

I mean, for the most part the function is dependable, it just occasionally borks out a few threads here and there.

Wave on, wave on

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical