NATION

PASSWORD

[R]Trolling Greta Thunberg

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

[R]Trolling Greta Thunberg

Postby Heloin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:55 am

Ard al Islam wrote:Greta Thunberg is basically the Joan of Arc of climate change. In that, she's completely irrelevant to the whole thing, and just cares strongly but doesn't do shit, and people are so desperate they all rally behind this one girl who did nothing and they make her out to be a hero for their cause. Hopefully, the same thing that happened to Joan will happen to her as well.

Wishing death, no bueno.

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[Report] Wishing death in greta thunberg thread

Postby Window Land » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:59 am

viewtopic.php?p=36517374#p36517374
Wishing that somebody would have the same fate as Joan of the arc is definitely wishing death.
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:01 am

In case he tries to edit it out.

Ard al Islam wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:She didn't start the conversation, she's just its newest poster child. People have been saying the exact same thing for fifty years.

Greta Thunberg is basically the Joan of Arc of climate change. In that, she's completely irrelevant to the whole thing, and just cares strongly but doesn't do shit, and people are so desperate they all rally behind this one girl who did nothing and they make her out to be a hero for their cause. Hopefully, the same thing that happened to Joan will happen to her as well.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Andreas Papandreou
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Andreas Papandreou » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:05 am

I agree about Greta Thunberg being unqualified to deal with the issue she is involved with, however,wishing death is a bit too harsh for a child who cared about the enviroment, and who, due to her being helpful for the enviromentalist agenda, was pushed by her parents and some organizations as a front to fulfill their goals.

Want to push a change to our way of lives? Bring me actual facts and scientific opinions on the topic. Not brainwashing, biased and non-tangible facts. Something based on scientific evidence, proven by widely accepted enviromental scientists, not emotional bullshit as if you are a demagogue.

Samicana
Attaché

Founded: May 02, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Samicana » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:09 am

@everyone calling Greta unqualified, that's what she's saying. She knows shes not an expert, all she wants you to do is listen to the scientists. Also no one should be wishing death upon a 16 year old. If you do, go to hell.

Andreas Papandreou
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Andreas Papandreou » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:28 am

@Samicana Does she, though? I've stumbled across lots of her material online, and all I've seen is an excessive rant about climate change being real, and some extremist views on what we should do to deal with it. Not actual ways we can improve the enviroment, but rather spread awareness about the enviroment being destroyed. Spreading awareness IS NOT dealing with the problem. Taking action is. And, even though she has spread awareness about the fact, and she is trying to promote a certain lifestyle (one that would come with severe consequences to our very own way of life and advancement, in all areas) which most of her supporters will never live.

Also, I'd love to see how she'd argue against poor countries needing access to cheap, and unecological energy sources (f.e. Coal) so that they can get richer, and so that they can then, after improving their living conditions, care for the enviroment. (Read a study recently that you need an average income of ~5.000$ in order to care for the enviroment)
Last edited by Andreas Papandreou on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Duplicate report threads merged, warning for trolling issued.

Andreas Papandreou and Samicana, Moderation threads are not for debate, and your discussion is considered as spam in this forum.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Dankie! *leaves plate of cookies*

The Higher Kingdoms
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Higher Kingdoms » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Considering that English isn't his first language, and that he followed it up with this;

Ard al Islam wrote:WOW. I was referring to what impact they caused. Joan of Arc was killed, but the French still won. My point was that despite Greta's shortcomings, the climate change issue would still be solved by actual environmentalists, like how actual French soldiers and commanders won the 100 Year War. I was in no way referring to how Joan died. That's dark as hell.

I think this thread is sufficiently closed.

Andreas Papandreou
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Andreas Papandreou » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Oh, sorry, this popped up on my recent forum posts feed. Didn't notice it was labled under moderation.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:23 pm

The Higher Kingdoms wrote:Considering that English isn't his first language, and that he followed it up with this;

Ard al Islam wrote:WOW. I was referring to what impact they caused. Joan of Arc was killed, but the French still won. My point was that despite Greta's shortcomings, the climate change issue would still be solved by actual environmentalists, like how actual French soldiers and commanders won the 100 Year War. I was in no way referring to how Joan died. That's dark as hell.

I think this thread is sufficiently closed.

They have been told to get back on topic.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation