NATION

PASSWORD

Ephratican War Bonds

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Ephratica
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Ephratican War Bonds

Postby Ephratica » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:17 am

BACK THE ATTACK! BUY WAR BONDS TODAY!

The soldier does not grudge offering his life to his country. He offers it freely, for his life may be the price of victory. But victory cannot be won without money as well as men, and your money is needed!

Unlike the soldier, the investor runs no risk. If you invest your money in War Bonds, the government of the Republic of Ephratica will pay you 150% of the bond's face value three months from the date of your purchase according to the terms inscribed on the War Bond certificate.

To purchase a war bond, please list the investor's name and amount of bonds desired (As of 12.8.19, we are limiting the purchase amount to 20,000. The investments of Eli Patton III, Milorad Milic, and Theodore Bornholdt are not affected).

The revenue from War Bonds will be used to equip the soldiers of the Army of the Ephratican Republic as they go to war against the Empire of Aruszia.

-

Last edited by Ephratica on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The united American-Isreali empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

investment

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:25 pm

the uaie (under Eli Patton the third) would be willing to buy 20,000 bonds. we would be willing to sell weaponry and vehicles as well.
Last edited by The united American-Isreali empire on Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:19 am

The united American-Isreali empire wrote:the uaie (under Eli Patton the third) would be willing to buy 20,000 bonds. we would be willing to sell weaponry and vehicles as well.

The people of Ephratica thank you for your support! Our government's representatives may TG you later about the possibility of purchasing military equipment.

Falleo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Falleo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:12 am

Milorad Milic (we buy 100,000bonds).

Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:14 am

Ephratica wrote:
The united American-Isreali empire wrote:the uaie (under Eli Patton the third) would be willing to buy 20,000 bonds. we would be willing to sell weaponry and vehicles as well.

The people of Ephratica thank you for your support! Our government's representatives may TG you later about the possibility of purchasing military equipment.

we apprchate it, we are always making weapons. and are willing to support governments.
Last edited by The united American-Isreali empire on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Manager of the International Investments Division, Harvey Gastrell & Co.
Dated : Mon., 9 Dec. 2019.
To : The Government of the Republic of Ephratica.
In re : The purchasing of Ephratican War Bonds in support of the Aruszo-Ephratican War.
Encryption: Low

To whom this may concern,

On behalf of Harvey Gastrell & Co., the International Investments Division has been authorized to acquire 50,000 war bonds at a total price of $50 million talents to support the Republic of Ephratica's war effort against the Aruszian Empire. This purchase of war bonds by Harvey Gastrell & Co. does not reflect any official opinions on the Aruszo-Ephratican War, nor does it warren any stance on supporting the Republic of Ephratica politically in the conflict.

Following the government's announcement that all bonds will be payed within three months from the purchase date and that they will be repaid at a 150% of the bond's face value, Harvey Gastrell & Co. will be sending several prepared legal documents to reaffirm these guarantees. Furthermore, as a reminder, while our company understanding the possibility of changing circumstances during wartime, any effort to deny repayment of these bonds will force a response on the basis of international law and good business.

We here at Harvey Gastrell & Co. pride ourselves on always putting our clients and shareholders first based on a relationship of mutual trust. We are glad to be working with the Republic of Ephratica and are on standby if anything further information is needed. We thank you for your time and hope that this will be the start of a mutually beneficial deal!

Sincerely,
Theodore Bornholdt, I.I.D. Manager
Harvey Gastrell & Co.
Last edited by The Gristolian Imperium on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:51 pm

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:-snip-

The Republic of Ephratica is grateful for your company's willingness to support us in our time of need!

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:52 pm

OOC: So quick question, or well... "questions."

If someone were to buy bonds, is that bought and then repaid through NSD? If my country did buy such bonds it would only be through our currency or NSD since your Talents are basically worth only the paper they're printed on in the Empire. Secondly, is there a limit to how many bonds can be bought? If we had to convert NSD/our currency into your own, how much for the (I assume) standard 1,000 Talent note?

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Falleo wrote:Milorad Milic (we buy 100,000bonds).

Your bonds have been issued. Thank you for your support of our country's war effort.

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:58 pm

His Serene Eminence the Archduke Patricius Regulus would like to buy whatever quantity of bonds five thousand pounds of twenty-four karat gold may purchase him.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Common Territories wrote:[box]OOC: So quick question, or well... "questions."

If someone were to buy bonds, is that bought and then repaid through NSD? If my country did buy such bonds it would only be through our currency or NSD since your Talents are basically worth only the paper they're printed on in the Empire. Secondly, is there a limit to how many bonds can be bought? If we had to convert NSD/our currency into your own, how much for the (I assume) standard 1,000 Talent notes.

OOC: In regards to the talent's value, it is 1.0946 talents = $1, according to this website. For the purposes of the war bonds campaign, 1 talent is 1 dollar. This will stay the same unless Ephratica has some kind of serious economic downturn and the government is forced to print more talents (in which case you'd still get the number of talents promised, but the actual value would be less than what you paid). As far as maximum amount goes, I haven't listed an official number because I didn't know how much people would buy but for the sake of scaling down future debt, I will institute a 20,000 bond limit from now on. If you purchased a single bond, it would basically be worth 500 of your Imperial Dollars according to this.I hope that explains your questions.
Last edited by Ephratica on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Antityranicals wrote:His Serene Eminence the Archduke Patricius Regulus would like to buy whatever quantity of bonds five thousand pounds of twenty-four karat gold may purchase him.

According to this website as of posting this, gold is worth $1,462.40 per ounce, and a pound is worth $23,398.4. Since we have instituted a 20,000 bonds purchase limit, your total number of bonds purchased is 20,000 for 0.83 pounds of gold. The people of Ephratica thank you for your support!
Last edited by Ephratica on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011

Postby Common Territories » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:52 am

Ephratica wrote:OOC: In regards to the talent's value, it is 1.0946 talents = $1, according to this website. For the purposes of the war bonds campaign, 1 talent is 1 dollar. This will stay the same unless Ephratica has some kind of serious economic downturn and the government is forced to print more talents (in which case you'd still get the number of talents promised, but the actual value would be less than what you paid). As far as maximum amount goes, I haven't listed an official number because I didn't know how much people would buy but for the sake of scaling down future debt, I will institute a 20,000 bond limit from now on. If you purchased a single bond, it would basically be worth 500 of your Imperial Dollars according to this.I hope that explains your questions.

OOC: Thank you for answering. I don't rely on trackers or other account based stat trackers for their obviously dubious nature; although the Imperial Dollar is near that worth, it has wholly gotten that way after certain RP reasons over long periods of time. Second, 20,000 bonds is how much money exactly? I assume it's not $20,000 exactly, and if that's indeed the case then I'd like to know how much one bond is worth.

I originally intended to have my bank make a sizable investment (somewhere around 5 Billion), so if it's limited to just 20k I can't in all honesty go through with the donation. Though I could through it in alongside a listing offer.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:55 am

Max jelly,

Representing TJR

Would like to purchase 20,000 bonds
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:51 pm

The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:-snip-

Ephratica welcomes the support of a fellow republic!

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 pm

The Kaiser, wanting nothing more but to assist a needing nation, has authorized the purchase of 20,000 bonds. He has also authorized the purchase of an additional 20,000 if the need arises.

Ehre sei dem Imperium und dem Vaterland!

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:05 pm

The United Artherian Federation wrote:-snip-

The support of the Kaiser is welcomed by the Republic. Your contribution will be remembered.

Indonesian Peoples
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Ephratican War Bonds

Postby Indonesian Peoples » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 pm

The Marhaenist Federation of Nusantara and her Government believes in the support of Ephratican Republic is meaningful if ever there was a war against the Imperialist oppressor of Aruszia.

We would be happy to support the Ephratican Republic by willingly purchasing 20.000 worth of War bonds under the name of President Grace Natalie.

We hope you use it wisely.
The Marhænist Republic of Nusantara
Ooc: And please refer to me as Nusantara when RPing. Oh and dont mind my flag, its just temporary

Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:21 pm

the uaie would buy more 2,000,000,000 bonds if that will help.

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Indonesian Peoples wrote:-snip-

The people of Ephratica are grateful to your country for the support you have show us in this great hour!

Ephratica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ephratica » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:19 pm

The Series A War Bond Campaign is now officially closed! My country has sufficient funds to mount a defense against the tyrannical Aruszian Empire. On behalf of the people and Pluralate of Ephratica, I humbly thank all those who donated their money to our cause. We will not take your support for granted!

Glory to the Republic! A Free State Under God!

- President Simon Sampson

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade