NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] The Monetary Betterment Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Insulamortem
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Insulamortem » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Article I:
Section I: This proposal shall be known as “The Monetary Betterment Act”,
Section II: Regarding the Global Currency Index,
Subsection I: The average of all global currency shall be known as the Global Currency Index (GCI)
Subsection II: The Global Currency Index shall be the reference point for all currency
Subsection III: The Global Currency Index shall be available to ANY nation WA member.
Section III: Regarding the Monetary Committee,
Subsection I: The Monetary Commission (MC) shall be a General Assembly Committee tasked with maintaining the GCI and other money tasks.
Subsection II: It is within the MCs power to change the GCI at any time, for any reason.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! (also, please endorse me so I can propose this!)
Last edited by Insulamortem on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Please explain how an index is “legal tender”.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 pm

Is your goal to establish an index the WA can use as a measure of value or to create an international currency?
Last edited by Aclion on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Insulamortem
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Insulamortem » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:27 am

Section I: This resolution shall be known as “The Monetary Betterment Act”,
Subsection I: The average of all global currency shall be known as the Global Currency Index (GCI)
Subsection II: The Global Currency Index shall be the reference point for all currency
Subsection III: The Global Currency Index shall be legal tender in all World Assembly Member Nations
Subsection IV: The Global Currency Index shall be available to ANY WA member nation.

Subsection I: The Monetary Committee (MC) shall be a General Assembly Committee, tasked with maintaining the GCI and other money tasks.
Subsection II: It is within the MCs power to change the GCI at any time, for any reason.

Hereby instates the The Monetary Betterment Act.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:32 am

"Greetings ambassador, I have a few problems regarding your proposal.

Firstly, where is section II? You seem to have jumped from I to III and omitted II. Secondly, what is the purpose of this proposal? Usually this is stated in the preamble which you seem to have forgotten to add. Lastly, I suggest reading the passed resolutions list maintained by the Anglican delegation."
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:04 am

Grays Harbor wrote:Please explain how an index is “legal tender”.

If this index were set up like a money market fund, the option liquidation value of the currencies would equal the ascribed value.

---

That aside, I don't support. Monetary policy is an important tool for macroeconomic stabilisation. Policies which remove their effectiveness outside an optimal currency area would have negative effects world wide.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:19 pm

(OOC: You should only have one thread per proposal; I’m sure a mod will merge these at some point.)

“Currently, I’m having trouble working out what you want member nations to do. All proposals need to mandate, or at least encourage, some form of action from member states.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Insulamortem
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Insulamortem » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:36 pm

I'm not trying to get member states to do anything. I just want to form a committee that oversee's money in the WA

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:40 pm

You don't need two threads for the same proposal. Merged.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Insulamortem
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Insulamortem » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had the other one.

Insulamortem
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Insulamortem » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Here is the Revised version:
Section I: This resolution shall be known as “The Monetary Betterment Act”,
Subsection III: The Global Currency Index shall REPLACE the United States Dollar as the currency reference point.
Subsection IV: The Global Currency Index shall be available to ANY WA member nation.

Subsection I: The Monetary Committee (MC) shall be a General Assembly Committee, tasked with maintaining the GCI and other money tasks.

Hereby instates the The Monetary Betterment Act.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Insulamortem wrote:I'm not trying to get member states to do anything. I just want to form a committee that oversee's money in the WA

OOC: Which makes the whole thing automatically illegal as proposals, in order to be legal, must
A) require nations do something; and
B) not be only a committee bereft of any mandate on nations.

You make want to rethink your goals for this

EDIT:
C) may not contain real life references
Subsection III: The Global Currency Index shall REPLACE the United States Dollar as the currency reference point.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly