NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 78| IC |Valletta, Malta Comino Gozo

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Malta Comino Gozo
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

WorldVision Song Contest 78| IC |Valletta, Malta Comino Gozo

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 pm

WorldVision Song Contest 78
Valletta, Malta Comino Gozo

Opening Act | Interval Act | Halfway through the voting | Results

The Arena is pitch black. We cut to the opening video. A black screen waves crashing against a shore. the words "MCG 1 presents" fade in as more waves crash against the shore, with a gentle swoosh as the waves roll back out to sea over a rocky coastline. The words fade out, as the black fades to the waves crashing against a sun kissed coast. The camera is pointed downwards. Its just past sunrise. A flock of seagull swoops in left to right. The camera pulls out further to sea picking up speed and, bang, fades to black, and cuts to a full back of the camera rising from the ground pulling out showing a sunrise over the capital of Malta Comino Gozo, Valletta.

The sky is littered with clouds glowing from the sun lit sky. Church bells echo in the background. The rays from the sun shoot out from 6 angles penetrating the clouds. As this happens we cut to a shot of the arena currently in complete darkness apart from a hot fireball sun that takes up the main LED at the back of the main stage, and a few phone torches from eager spectators obsessed with capturing everything on film. As each sun ray shoots out at 5 second intervals, huge thin spotlights shoots out from the top of the stage into the arena, each one shoots of at an angle bathing several parts of the arena in a soothing yellow glow. The crowd erupts into cheers. Flag silhouettes can be seen punching against the light glow creating an almost wavy skyline. Each line of light gets wider and wider until the entire arena is washed in a beautiful, morning sunny glow. A soft twinkly bell chime can be hear gradually getting louder and louder. The camera cuts back to video as the introduction to the kingdom begins. The music is simple and elegant to fit the theme of the contest. The words Simplicity and elegance appear at the start. The video ends with no place like Malta Comino Gozo.

We cut back to the arena as the lights dim. The sun rises from the middle of the stage upwards glowing brighter and brighter. A camera angle shot downwards from the ceiling reveals 12 dancers each curled up in a ball holding white LED cubes. The huge LED catwalks and the rest of the stage twinkle in a sea of blue. The mood quickly changes from simple and relaxing to upbeat as a sudden beat kicks in and the arena is plunged into black( not a powercut MCG is famous for) and spotlights flash from the ceiling sporadically. Crowd cheers loudly with excitement as the music begins to start.

Opening Act: Malla Infidelo GoldImage
Malla can be heard singing but cant been, the LED at the back of the stage opens and she struts onto stage as the chorus kicks in. The dancers prance around the stage with their LED cubes. They change colour to red and white as the throw them to each other. The choreography is energetic and almost ballet like, with twirls, and throwing the dancers in the air and catching them. (During rehearsals 2 cubes were smashed, thankfully this performance goes off with out a hitch). By the end of the performance the 12 cubes are stacked in a grid and the LEDS form the logo of the 78 WV contest.

"Oh darling no
This heart is free
A brand new day
Is at my feet

And I'm singing low
Low and sweet
Giving more soul
Give it all to me

She grabs the mic from the stand
It all feels like gold
Gold to me
Might not be diamonds
But it shines for me

It all feels like gold
Gold to me
It will last in silence
Welcome to MCG
Singing yeah yeah yeah yeah

Malla struts across the stage in front of the dancers to the right hand side of the stage and bends down and sings to the nearest audience members.

Simple things
That light me up
What a beautiful world
And I see the love

In everything
And everyone
When I'm digging softly
Ooh the tide will come

It all feels like gold
Gold to me
Might not be diamonds
But it shines for me
It all feels like gold
Gold to me
It will last in silence
It's MCG!

Camera pans around the arena, the 19,000 strong audience can be seen singing along to the Yeah Yeah Yeah. Malla walks down the right catwalk a huge smile across her face right hand out touching the audience outstretched hands amongst a sea of flags. She stays on this catwalk for the rest of the song.
Open my eyes
I see there's so much beauty
There's is so much more than I ever believed
High touching the sky
Where the angels keep falling
It's all good to me, it's all good to me

It all feels like gold
Gold to me
Might not be diamonds
But it shines for me
It all feels like gold
Gold to me
It will last in silence
This is MCG!

Malla points her mic at the audience as they sing along enthusiastically "Sing with me!!!!"

It all feels like gold
Gold to me
It will last in silence
It's all good to me
It all feels like gold
Gold to me
It will last in silence
It's all good to me
It's all good to me
All good to me
All good to me
So good to me"

She bows to the audience, not quite believing she has just performed at Worldvision!

The lights fade up, the logo appears on the back wall, and the camera zooms out.

[align=center]Image

A voice from the heavens bellows out amongst a excited audience! "Ladies and Gentlemen please give a huge warm welcome to your hosts for tonight.... Michela and Ian!

Michela: Hello, hello, Lejla tajba, and welcome to Valletta Arena.

The crowd cheers

Ian: We are honoured to welcome you to the Kingdom of Malta Comino Gozo. To think... we have only participated twice and ALREADY we are hosting this spectacular show. We are truly humbled and eternally grateful.

Michela: Eternally grateful (in a weird high pitched voice, almost alien like)
She gets a large laugh from the audience

Ian: Sounds familiar... not sure where from

Ian and Michela: This is the 78th WorldVision Song Contest, coming to you live from Valletta Arena, Malta Comino Gozo!
Large cheers.

Michela: We have a SELL OUT, there's actually 19,000 people in here tonight, all ready to party, sing and enjoy what this stunning country has to offer. And I've heard the King ...
She's interrupted by a huge cheer she smiles at Ian

Michela: The King is actually watching tonight!
The camera zooms into Michela and Ian's faces they have a cheeky smile

Michela and and Ian: Evening King Will
They give a cheeky wink to the camera

Michela: Again from everyone here in MCG, thank you and lets get this Worldvision off to a start! OK, are we
ready?

The crowd cheers in a very affirmative way.

Ian and Michela: May the best song win, and let the WorldVision Song Contest 78 begin!
Audience cheers with excitement.

An overview of the songs appears on screen.

Performances | Playlist
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Greater Korean Juche Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:43 pm

1- Greater Korean Juche Republic
(I do not use NS stats)
Modernized Juche Korea. In 1900s, Joseon Dynasty still existed. Kim Il-Sung led one of many revolutionary groups, captured 2/3 of Korea. Alternate Korean War, North won in 1950. Kim Jong Il dies in 2009, Un in 2016. A cousin, Kim Seyong-Taek obtains power and makes Korea a regional influencer.

Love to the Fatherland and Hate to the Enemy
WV74: 25th place - 23 points
WV75 - 15th place - 51 points

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Secretary

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:44 pm

2 - Caryton
***The Spiritual Republic of Caryton***
A small, gospel-run christian state. The national figure is Cary, the Golden Retriever. Previously pictured as a "miracle dog" and "vessel of Christ" who is presumed to have healed many sick people. Cary is the defacto head of state, but since she is a non-intelligent dog, she is merely a figurehead. The real leader is the head of the Gospel Church of Caryton.
||- 16 yo Latter-day Saint, L[G]BT male in Arizona with a love of Golden Retrievers, bird watching, and music theory! Official show choir nerd. -||
Accidental Policies: Euthanasia, No Internet -- Everything Else Intentional!
In tribute to my childhood Golden Retriever, Cary. She lived 11 years of joy and love.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Amuaplye » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:17 pm

3 - AMUAPLYE (WIP)

Matthew Cuevas - Uncertainty

Tune: Panic! at the Disco - There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Jusy Haven't Thought of It Yet
Lyrics: Matthew Cuevas
Music: Matthew Cuevas

Matthew Cuevas is an Amuaplyean musician, known not only as the bassist for the rock band Love and War, but for his solo career. He has worked with Love and War since 2004, replacing Michael Landry, who left the band after being arrested for assault and battery after drunkenly punching a bouncer at a club in Adelaide.

He is well known for being one of the more moderate members of Love and War, at least in the political sense, being center-left compared to the far-left politics often talked about in Love and War's songs.

He started his solo career in 2007, right in the middle of Love and War's dormant period, between 2005-2010. He mostly did covers of other songs in clubs in Amuaplye, and released his first album in 2011, entitled Yet Another Pop Album, satirizing pop music and deconstructing its tropes. The album received generally favorable reviews, but only charted at around #90, due to the relative obscurity of both him and Love and War at the time.

He and the band he was in was launched into stardom in 2019, shortly after the EP The Amuaplyean Powder Keg was released. It shot up to #1, and with it, led to Love and War launching its first worldwide tour shortly after they appeared during WorldVision 73.

With this newfound popularity, Cuevas did a second album, How Not to Run A Country, which talked about politics like the songs in Love and War, but swapped the angry and harsh sound of metal and rock, and replaced it with somewhat softer genres like pop and jazz. This song, "Uncertainty", charted at #1 from late September to early October of 2019.

Last edited by Amuaplye on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Lons
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lons » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 pm

4. Lons (Heart by Halfway)

Talvezout
Senator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Talvezout » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:26 pm

05 - TALVEZOUT - SUNNY SIRACAUSO - "FEEL MY LOVE"
Melody is "Cellophane" by fka Twigs.
Following a somewhat middling result in Mister X, Talvezout went back to the drawing boards. After looking at all of their options - withdrawal, national final, internal selection - they decided to go with a tried and trusted route: asking an established artist to contribute to the Worldvision entry. Sunny Siracauso wound up being tapped. After fielding four different songs, "Feel My Love" was chosen.
The song was written after Siracauso suffered an extremely nasty breakup with her boyfriend of five years. The song is an exploration of the feelings that Siracauso had, delving into the doubts she had about herself and her life. To best represent the song, the performance will lack any major theatrics, focusing mostly on Siracauso.

Oh, I tried to do it for you
Why did I do it for you?
Yet you never did it for me
You would never do it for me

And now we’re far, so far apart
And now we’re far, just so far apart
You pushed me away, we’re both all alone
You blamed me for it all, always my fault

And I just want to feel that you're there
But I don’t want to hurt myself, again
I tried, but I just got so overwhelmed
When you left, of course I blamed myself

I just wanted to feel your pain
I just wanted to make you feel loved
I tried but it was just too much
You destroyed them like broken glass
The love that we could have had

Did I love you too much?
Please, tell me if I did
Or was I just not enough
But everything was always for you

Did I want you too much
Were you jealous of my love
And yet you never did it for me
And I never saw it there

But I just wanted you to feel my love
And I don't want to have to share our love
I tried so hard, but it was just overwhelmed
And when you’re gone, I blamed myself

And your waiting, how you’ve been watching
And you’re watching me, hating me
You’re waiting and hoping
That I'm not enough
Last edited by Talvezout on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
hey check out my dispatches and factbooks!
may all the trans folx who were killed this year rest in power.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:31 pm

06. _Tödlichebujoku_

ALCHEMY

Hina Ruoho

Your face is flushed in confusion, as we cross again into the beyond
You grasp vials of three different potions, you're trying again, to master the game
While I grow tired of this day by day
Your birthing momma never felt this way

You strip me down to alchemy, divining what you please
Babe I'm not your fantasy

Strip me down to alchemy, divining what you please
Draining all my energies

Não
Ei, ei, ei, ei

You make this devoid of emotion, and here's another test that's gone wrong
Don't come back and tell me you're sorry, oh you know it too, there's nothing to prove
It's time for me to whip you into shape
Come on dear, hands off from that thaumolabe

You strip me down to alchemy, divining what you please

Draining all my energies

Não
Ei, ei, ei, ei

Não, não
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short. - some tunes -
Hladgos wrote:ToBu. I both hate, and love you.
Euskirribakondara wrote:2. Todlichebujoku, shut up and take my money. Your entry was pure art. I think we should bestow upon your song the title of "Best Worldvision Act Ever".
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote: Tod. You never run out of interesting yet little bit controversial ideas..... :p
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
On Sept 4th 2017, Izmedu wrote:tobuball is the resident wvball milk drunkard with moments of insanity

Peoples Republic of Joyea
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:34 pm

7. Wild
Last edited by Peoples Republic of Joyea on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(☭ ͜ʖ ☭)

Diarcesia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:01 pm

8. Diarcesia

Zamboodle
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zamboodle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:03 pm

9. Zamboodle

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:37 pm

10 Polkopia
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Ruritane
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 06, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Ruritane » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:41 pm

11. Ruritane
"Proud to be Jew" - IzJoe Cantor
Tune: "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid

Explanation: Ruritane has a big Jewish population, as thus the powers that be decided to show off their heritage. And your mom.

IzJoe Cantor walks onto the stage. He is very white, old, and wrinkly, with a very big beard. He wears a tallit, a kippa, a big jockstrap, and nothing else. He does the dab.

A schlemiel and a baka
Having a great big shake
I am singing with all the accents
On the wrong syllables
I'm proving that Jews are happy
Not getting wasted for
I'm doing what I do best at
And screwing with Caryton

IzJoe Cantor continues singing in this reggae voice, all while background dancers from the region of Southern Africa break-dance all around him.

I'm proud to be
I am a Jew
I'm very Jewish
My skin is not bluish
I'm Ruritane-y!
Well, Jews, we have so much fun
We play all day in the mild sun
Oh, what we blew,
And who ever knew?
I am a Jew

IzJoe does a jazz box step. I don't know what I'm talking about either.

I insult other religions
While doubting my one true faith
Christians have faith in lies
They seem to have three gods
Jews only have one big god
But Muslims have that too
But if I say their faith's better
I get attacked by angry Jews

While IzJoe sings, performers dressed as Jewish stereotypes (banker, mom, etc.) come out and mime an argument with the backup dancers.

I'm proud to be
I am a Jew
Ruritane beat them
The worst that it came to
In the suck war
Jerks used to kill and wreck us all
But now we Jews are having a ball
I am not smelly
I feel like jelly
I am a Jew

The Jewish stereotype performers walk off the stage. IzJoe does the Electric Slide and then he drops the microphone. IzJoe picks it up, but now no one can hear him sing except the front row of the audience.

Proud to be Jew
I got the groove
I think I can prove
It's easy to be
Jews, and we can dance
All those goyim, they merely prance
They have all weakness
But I have sleekness
'Cause I am Jew

IzJoe realizes that his microphone doesn't work and he turns on his wireless microphone attached to his head. IzJoe holds hands with all of the background dancers and form a circle. They all dance the hora.

The yeet synagogues
We can use dead memes
The safe havens
It's all that it seems
And I am a Jew
Jews have gone everywhere, man
Rise up for freedom
Rise up for freedom
Rise up for freedom
The whole Jewish thing
Jews sings the blues
This voice is all wrong
What I think you should know

They separate from the circle. IzJoe slaps his face like a maniac.

Yeah, Proud to be Jew
Proud to be me
I am not Celtic
I am much Jewish
The intricacy
Intricacy!
The goyim have a lot of bunk
We Jews can have a lot of funk
I don't eat bacon
We are not fakin'
All of us Jews
And the bar mitzvahs
And the bat mitzvahs
Proud to be Jews
Jews in the palm trees
And in the cities
I have a beardo
I am a weirdo
Religious freedom
Fandoms have squeedom
Proud to be Jews!

IzJoe bows. A plant in the audience throws a ripe tomato at him, which is a symbol of good luck in Ruritane. IzJoe says, "merci and toda" and walks off the stage.
Last edited by Ruritane on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Voxija.

The Hlhata States
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 29, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Hlhata States » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:56 pm

THE HLHATA STATES | 12
"Beautiful Lies"
Prudencija

Music - Kelly Prvanuskanova
Lyrics - Jurgen Svalhaard

Tune - "Stop Eating, That's Why You're Fat" - Kelly Hyland

After many editions of non-participation, Hlhata States saw the quality of the contest and decided to step in. That's when they brought in failed Izmeduan star Prudencija to sing. So here we are.

The postcard ends and the arena turns to black. The crowd cheer, excited to hear what the famously amazing Hlhata States has brought to this contest. Then, the lights turn on, a single red spotlight on Prudencija who is standing centre stage, donned in a stunning blood red gown and fiery makeup. The stage is dark and atmospheric, the perfect set up for such a powerful and dramatic ballad. Prudencija begins to open her lips and sing, when suddenly a middle aged, most likely christian mother stumbles onstage. She punches Prudencija leaving the audience gasping in the awkward silence, and shouts:

8) You :mad: ain't :rofl: funny 8) Hlhata States :shock: leave the contest you :blink: Vartugia :hug: :kiss: wannabes >:( :lol2:

The cameras turn black as the lesbian looking woman begins beating up Prudencija. hee heee
Last edited by The Hlhata States on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official puppet of Llalta.

67 = 25/31
    68 = N/A
    78 =

41 = 17/20
    42 = 19/20

5 = 13/15

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 pm

13. Scotatrova
Mariana Elvira
Miss Me

Tune: Pablo Alborán, Ava Max - Tabú
Last edited by Scotatrova on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Hispanic, Liberal, L(G)BT

My nation is based on my own personal views

Official Factbook for reference
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Scotatrova in WorldVision
WV72 - 13th
WV73 - 6th
WV74 - 8th
WV75 - 18th
WV76 - 11th
WV77 - 5th

Ertzei Kishim
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 12, 2019

Postby Ertzei Kishim » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:59 am

Yalla

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:02 am

~ 15 ~
Yes, we are cat people. No, we're not Japanese. We're not that kind of cat people.

Malta Comino Gozo
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 31, 2016

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:04 am

Nation Name: Malta Comino Gozo
Official Broadcaster: MCG 1
Tune : Loyal
Song Title: Never
Artist(s) Name(s): Paloma Fennech

Paloma Fennech was born on the outskirts of Valletta in 1981 in the seaside town of Murrsa, although her parents were both from Midina. Due to the new law of divorce being made legal in 1984 her parents divorced three years later. She was raised by her mother. As a child, she was encouraged to dance by her mother and took weekly ballet classes in Midina,and then after that singing lessons. She is now the chair of the largest mental health charity in Malta Comino Gozo. Her parents both suffered severely from depression, prompting her to challenge the countries once outdated mental health laws leading to reform in 2001. She was awarded an MCGBOH, Malta Comino Gozo Badge of honour by the King of MCG for all her hard work and determination. She eventually broke into the mainstream music thanks to her theatrical image and retro-soul sound. She's now one of MCG's most unique and flamboyant live acts.

Paloma Fennech
"The song is called ‘Never’, It's something that is very close to my heart. The song’s message is that we should be open about discussing mental illness and in offering help (rather than judgement) to those suffering from it. In the song the man is self harming and his girlfriend is trying and wants him to stop cus better days are ahead. She expresses that the pain he is feeling is reflecting onto her because she cant stand seeing him that way. She is staying strong hence why he'll 'Never' know what she been going through. We need to change the way we talk about mental illness and encourage those who need help to speak up. There is help. You never know what pain people are dealing with. Some hide it better."

Just before the song starts the camera cuts to a wide angled shot of the stage. The stage is shrouded in a mist and pouring rain and thunder can be heard, the LED screens flash a hazy yellow every now and again to represent the lightning. The stage is in shadow and all you can make out is the silhouette of Paloma stood centre stage,behind a standing microphone, a pianist sat behind a black grand piano,and 6 gospel choir backing singers, all female, behind 6 standing microphones on a elevated part of the stage towards the back. They are all on the right of Paloma. They are dressed half white/black dresses and high heels with female bowties.

Paloma is wearing a elegant white dress, designed by a local fashion designer. There are subtle black hearts sewed into the fabric that are only visible from a close up on camera. Her blood orange hair is tied up in a bun with a dark grey ribbon. She has a slight shade of red lipstick on and white painted finger nails. The rain and storm effects die out before the song starts. We then cut to a angled shot of the pianist, a dim spotlight lights up him playing the piano as he plays the notes to start off. The camera then cuts to his smooth moisturised fingers as he carries on playing the start of the song. We then transition to a head shot of Paloma looking down at the ground and slowly raising her head as a light, lights up just her leaving the rest of the stage in a eerie black. For now it looks like her and the pianist are alone on stage before a dim glow lights up just the bottom of the backing singers microphones stands.

The Camera fades to black before another head shot of Paloma this time face on looking directly into the camera lense with piercing eyes. Her expression is cold and sorrowful, but her eyes remain dry and strong, no tears

I watched you pained on the inside when
you never knew of my existence
Lost everything
Your family, friends a home but
I felt your pain

The camera pans to the piano players hands before fading back to a body shot of Paloma from a 45 degree angle, she is looking at the camera still this time with an outstretched hand beckoning towards the camera which she puts back down at her side after the second line of the verse

Saw you try so hard in every instance
I saw the tears, those tears you cried

The camera cuts to a half body shot. Her face this time filling with strength and empowerment yet still remaining serious, as the next few lines suggest a sense of hope.

Knew I couldn’t let your fears remain.
But I was by your side no matter what

She places a hand on a heart before the camera pulls backwards and upwards slightly, she keeps eye contact on it for a few seconds before signing forwards towards the audience. 4 White Spotlights whoosh up dramatically from the edge of the side as the beat of the chorus kicks in before disappearing. Lights on the edge of the stage flash cold/ white/blue amongst the midst the beat of the song almost like a heartbeat. The LED Screen at the back remains dark but speckled very faintly with small white lights which look stars. The stars are almost swallowed up by the darkness but remain visible to the eye without drawing any attention away from the audience. The camera is now a full body shot showing most of the stage and the pianist the angle stays throughout the first part of the chorus. Shadows of the audience in the forefront some swaying some standing still can be seen in the foreground. The backing singers are illuminated in a cold glow as the raise their arms simultaneously and sing in the background.

You’ll never,
Know, how I wanted just too comfort you
You’ll never know how I hurt inside the way you do
It was so hard to watch you suffer in that way
I felt so hopeless So I’m begging you please let me stay

The camera then snaps to the right of Paloma and she stretches out her right hand looking fiercely at the camera but quickly snapping to the left as this time she stretches her left hand towards the camera

Let me stay, by your side,

Wide angled shot of the stage before a side on head shot with her hands gently on her cheeks

Baby please, painful tears you just cant hide
You’ll never,
Know how I wanted too just comfort you

She looks deeply into the front facing camera before gently tilting her head and gaze down to the right so shes looking at the floor. The camera blurs to the pianist this time a camera swings slowly round the front of the piano as we can see the pianist placing, he makes no eye contact with the camera. The mist on the stage starts to roll away. In the background we can see Paloma still looking at the ground. The camera slowly fades to Paloma. She grabs the microphone with both hands you can tell the emotion is changing. She looks half angered but upset. In the background the LED fades into a black and white almost like a music video of a man sitting on a stall in the middle of the wooden floor in an empty living room. The walls are cracking with wallpaper peeling off and missing, a broken chandelier hangs from the ceiling. The LED zooms to a close up of his face which is staring down at the floor, you can still see his face, hes been crying for hours, his face looks exhausted and a tear is rolling down his left cheek. the camera follows the tear before it drops off. The LED screen fades back to darkness

I don't remember the last time I saw your smile
Before the darkest days swept over you

The LED screen flashes to the man and Paloma running in a field in slow motion, its black and white apart from his shirt which is red and Paloma's red sunhat. They are holding hands, the LED abruptly cuts to a black and white blood puddle on the wooden floor, the puddle is small a blood drop drops into the puddle and the mans shadow can be seen.

You used to be so full of life and charming
Now you're just sat there harming

Anger and sadness can be seen on her face, she keeps composed though

You’ll never, Know how I wanted to just comfort you
Baby please, just stop

She grabs the microphone out of its stand, shes on the edge of anger and despair. She shakes her fist with her eyes filling up slightly with emotion. She slowly moves around the centre part of the stage without wondering too far from the mic stand

Cus soon better days will soon come this way
So in the meantime I'll mark the way.

4 dark red spotlights whoosh up dramatically from the edge of the side as the beat of the chorus kicks in before disappearing. Lights on the edge of the stage flash some white some red amongst to the beat of the song almost like a heartbeat.

The backing singers are illuminated in a cold glow as the raise their arms simultaneously and sing in the background.

You’ll never,
I felt so helpless So I’m begging you please let me stay

The camera pans along the backing singers as they sing and cuts to a above camera showing the entire arena before smoothly switching and centralising back onto Paloma. She gestures emotionally through the next verse towards the camera her hands beckoning outwards before she places a hand on her heart with her right hand

Let me stay, by your side,
Baby please, painful tears you just cant hide
You’ll never,
Know, how I wanted too just comfort you

Paloma collapses to here knees in front of the mic stand and stares into the camera thats next to her face, a helpless expression on her face staring into the eyes of the audiences at home. One lonely spotlight shines down on her as the rest of the stage is plunged into black. The backing singers can still be heard but not seen. CGI cracks appear on the LED floor as her fist slams the floor in anger.

Let me stay with you
Baby please, those tears you just cant hide
Let me stay here please
By your side baby cus

The camera pans up and outwards as a smooth transition of lights starts to fill the stage with sheer white the backing singers coming back into view. The camera zooms back onto Paloma's heartbroken face. A tear roles down Paloma's left cheek. She's now singing with both hands on the mic

You’ll never,

She then looks directly upwards whilst still on her knees singing to the camera hanging from the ceiling it starts near and pulls out gradually over the next two lines.

I felt so helpless So I’m begging you please let me stay

The Camera cuts to one from the centre of the arena displaying the entire stage, Paloma is back on her feet and marches to the edge of the stage. A curtain of rain pours down at the back of the stage. The stage remains bathed in a soft white.

All your pain
Is my pain too
I'm here so
Don't suffer by yourself

She marches along the edge of the stage with a expression of agony and makes her way back to the centre of the stage. The Camera follows her a long as she has her back to the audience. She then turns around to face the close up as she finishes the song. The tear is still on her cheek. As the lights fade back down until the only light is a spotlight just on her, the rain curtain can just been seen behind her.

You’ll never,
Know, how tough it was to watch you suffer in that way
I felt so helpless, so I’m begging you please let me stay.

The arena lights come back on

The audience erupts into large cheers for the hosts and cheers. Paloma covers her face with her hands and wells up, barely being able to speak, either from the emotion of her song, or the reaction from the audience and singing on home turf or both. She simply bows and says " Thank you so much, speak up don't suffer!" She blows a kiss and walks off the stage.
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

Voxija
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:09 am

17. Voxi Voxi
IC pretitle: The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
✡️ Jewish. ✡️ Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Secret pyromaniac?

my politics are confused and muddled
I actually have an IC historical reason for using this flag.
Your average bad one-line posting Forum 7-ite.
I actually don't speak Basque. I just think it's a cool language.

Elejamie
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 am

18- Elejamie

helscome my entre

its not done
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh

OOC: Just some guy who does stuff.
SISU OUT!

Voxija
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Commentary

Voxija is here to snark at the songs. Your commentators are Vela Sitxvan and Koldo Harrijo.

Koldo: Hello, hello, hello!
Vela: Kaixo.
Koldo: Kay, so, this is WorldVision! You have no idea how excited I am to be doing this commentary!
Vela: I know how excited I am not.
Koldo: I know this will be good, Vela.
Vela: How?
Koldo: Our song is good, and when our song is good, the other songs will be good.
Vela: I hope so.

tbd

tbd

tbd

tbd

tbd

tbd

tbd

tbd

tbd

tbd

Vela: What. The heck. Did I. Just see?
Koldo: Hey, go easy on him. He is obviously just proud of his heritage.
Vela: Yeah, but if the performer wasn't Jewish, this would be minstrelsy!
Koldo: At least the music was good.
Vela: True, but the execution was horrible.

Vela: Again. What. Was that?
Koldo: If that was scripted, it was hilarious.
Vela: Uh, I don't think that was scripted.

tbd

tbd

tbd

Koldo:A trend I've noticed, the host usually sends a good song.
Vela:This song made me cry. Do you know how hard it is to make me cry?
Koldo:I like a good sad song as well, but sadly, this song is merely good, not great.
Vela:I hope this song will be popular. I like the message.

tbd

tbd

Part two is a separate post.
Last edited by Voxija on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC pretitle: The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
✡️ Jewish. ✡️ Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Secret pyromaniac?

my politics are confused and muddled
I actually have an IC historical reason for using this flag.
Your average bad one-line posting Forum 7-ite.
I actually don't speak Basque. I just think it's a cool language.

The Micronation of Oceanland
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Micronation of Oceanland » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 pm

19. Micronation of Oceanland
the best micronation ever!

oceanland, take me by the hand to your land, that you understand

HUElavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:30 pm

20. The Democracy of HUElavia
Official Factbook: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=huel ... /id=569839
Pro: Social Democracy, Christian Left, Respect of all Religions, Science, US-Cuba Relations, Israel-Palestine Harmony, EU
Anti: Religious Fundamentalism , Christian Right, War, Fascist and Communist dictatorships, Science Denial, Terrorists of any kind, Euroskeptics
Economic: -3.75, Social: -5.88
ENFJ/Neutral Good

Achaean Republic
Attaché

Founded: May 26, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Achaean Republic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:10 pm

21 | Achaean Republic
Katya Carreira - “Kamasutra”(Tender)
Tune: Blaya-Yoga
Music & Lyrics:Andrés Gómes, Michelle Crispín

Catarina Carreira-Gómez was born in the Kishraeli city of Tiferet, the only daughter of a Portuguese Jew that emigrated to Ertzei Kishrim and an Achaean au pair that overstayed on a visa when she fell in love with a hunky Arab that suddenly dumped her for her best friend. It was in these dualities––the stoic, yet staid and prickly Kishraeli side, and the vivacious and oftentimes exuberant Achaean side––where she developed her musical talents, listening to bachata and merengue in the mornings as her mother cleaned houses (a paid habit of hers after she married, as even though her husband said she didn’t need to work anymore) and fado in the afternoons as her father arrived from home and had his daily glass of imported Porto wine.

Unlike most Kishraeli kids––or maybe even because of that––, Catarina grew up speaking Hebrew, English, Portuguese, and Spanish. But even the romantic (no pun intended) nature of things eluded her, barring the endless summers she spent at her grandparents’ home in the Achaean mountains. It was even harder for Catarina’s mom to provide her with the proper tools to appreciate her Achaean heritage. Even in such an international city like Tiferet, with a climate similar to the one in Achaea, it was hard to find tropical food staples like pork, yams, malanga and sweet potatoes. It was a battle to collect some grass for the Three Kings and put them on shoeboxes in the desert. Few opportunities existed for Catarina to show the other side of her heritage, that fiery, intense presence.

Her parents divorced when she was 13 years old, and she spent two years in the Achaean Republic, outside of her grandparents’ home near Candelaria. Whereas she once enjoyed the tropical highlands and the strange fruits, she hated it as a tween. The people were too forward and boring. It was too wet and sticky all the time, and she hated living between window bars for no reason. She became so homesick of Ertzei Kishrim that, in an emergency injuction, her mother had to give up custody and send her back to her father in Tiferet, where she lives until today. She never returned to the Achaean Republic since then, even as she became a successful Kishraeli singer, re-branding herself as Katya Carreira.

Until AS1 invited her to perform in Worldvision: La Final. After their very unexpected third-place finish, and despite the controversy with singer-songwriter and provocateur Manamma, the news channel was looking for new talent to send to represent Achaea in the next contest. With two other up-and-coming female musicians, Katya was invited to send two songs and compete for the public vote. It was a very arduous and somewhat kinky choice, but “Kamasutra" won Achaea’s sexy hearts and led her to represent a country she barely knew about in two languages she barely used in her daily life.

On the other hand, “Kamasutra" will be the lead single off her new album, “Mãe/Mami," coming out in March 2020, a collection of songs in both Portuguese and Spanish that focus on sounds from her mixed heritage.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ka-ma-su-tra, Ka-ma-su-tra,
Ka-ma-su-tra, ka-ma-su-tra,

ey, ey, ey,
ey, ey, ey,

filho da puta, só vem
Son of a bitch, just come

Esta noite es só pra nós dois
This night is just for the two of us

pra tratar duzentas posições
To try out two hundred positions

quero lubrificante y muita água
I want lube and lots of water

só pra ver como eu vou te molhar
just to see how I’ll make you wet

Voçê é bandido, nāo é só meter
You’re a bastard, it's not just sticking it in

quero mais um jogo pra fazer tremer
I want another game to make you tremble

É pra toda a noite jogar com prazer
I want to play with pleasure all night

Gozas, sim, eu sei, cuando voçê me ve
Make you c--, I know, when you see me

sentindo prazer até o amanhecer
Feeling pleasure until the morning

mordes minha boca, tua rola na cara
You bite my mouth, your d-- in my face

teus frutos são foda
Your fruits are awesome

lambendo meus peitos, o cheiro de pele
Licking my breast, the smell of your skin

suor noite toda
Sweating all night long

Ka-ma-su-tra, Ka-ma-su-tra, eh
Ka-ma-su-tra, ka-ma-su-tra, eh

kamasutra é da hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

putaria e minha honra
Harlotry is my honor

kamasutra é da hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

putaria e minha honra
Harlotry is my honor

¿Cé acredita?
Do you believe it?

Voçê gozou até tomar uma aspirina
You came until you took an aspirin

No soy exclusiva de tí, no soy
I’m not exclusive from you, I’m not

provoco hasta que pases mal
I provoke you until you’re feeling bad

tentado tu cuerpo porque yo voy
Tempting your body because I’m going

a hacerte gritar al final
to make you scream at the end

Muerdo tu barriga, me trepo encima
I bit your belly, I climb up on top of you

me doblo hasta sentir tan firme to pan
I bit your belly, I climb up on top of you

Rompo tu camisa y la tiro al suelo
I break your t-shirt and I throw it to the floor

El abanico hay que prender
I break your t-shirt and I throw it to the floor

Te vienes, lo sé, cuando tú me ves
Make you c--, I know, when you see me

sintiendo placer hasta el amanecer
Feeling pleasure until the morning

tu muerdes mi boca, tu pico en mi cara
You bite my mouth, your di-- in my face

tus frutos son joda
Your fruits are awesome

tú lames mis pechos, el olor de la piel
Licking my breast, the smell of your skin

sudor noche toda
Sweating all night long

kamasutra es la hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

la putería es mi honra
Harlotry is my honor

kamasutra es la hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

la putería es mi honra
Harlotry is my honor

Boquetão, aclamação
A bl--, acclamation

quero te fazer gozar sem mãos
I want to make you c-- without my hands

kamasutra é da hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

kamasutra é da hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

Estira-me hasta el fin
Stretch me until the end

si tu quieres hacerme venir
If you want to make me c--

kamasutra es la hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

kamasutra es la hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

kamasutra é da hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

putaria e minha honra
Harlotry is my honor

kamasutra es la hora
Kamasutra’s so cool now

la putería es mi honra
If you want to make me come
Last edited by Achaean Republic on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natanya
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Natanya » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Natanya init
Yeet
Last edited by Natanya on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

WV21 - Savnic - The Japanese Girl - 22nd - 25 points,
WV31 - Kaylileenástkadeenada Ñadiakimadoradaþínkaðerren - You Can't Make Me Cry - 16th - 37 points,
WV32 - Tuo Su and Yao Su - Internal Fire - 19th - 42 Points,
WV34 - CNLD,
WV38 - CNLD.

Nahlcomo
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nahlcomo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:11 pm

Tune is" That Sounds Good To Me".

Paisley Raegan, TV cook and winner of "Whitest Woman in Nahlcomo" was somehow selected to represent the tiny South Pacific nation. Armed with a full functioning kitchen, Raegan took the stage to make Nahlcomo proud. And get higher than second-to-last.

Have you ever wondered what to make
When you got an important event
Oh what do you bake
Everyone will soon be present
Well here’s the perfect opportunity

First you have to gather all the ingredients
Flour, yeast, sugar, water, butter
Salt, nutmeg, milk, lemon, cream cheese
Vanilla, confectioner’s sugar, and dye
And now to start anew

Combine warm water and yeast
Mix milk, spices, eggs, salt, butter
Zest, and nutmeg to the beast
Knead it for five mins at least
Cover the dough to let it rise
And that sounds sweet to me

Mix the cream cheese, sugar flour and vanilla
Beat it well until your heart swells
Roll the dough out into a rectangle
Spread the cream cheese mixture out
And wrap the dough round, into the oven now

And now we wait for 45
Don’t drop that knife, ow
Just do some cleaning
Until your kitchen is ringing
I don't know about you
But that sweet good to me

Whoa... (Oh whoa whoa yeah...)

Take the cake out, wow
Make the icing now
Lather the cake all sweet
I think it’s kinda neat
And now your cake is done
And it smells good to me

I don't know about you
But it smells good to me

That tastes good to me

At the end of the song, thousands of mini cakes would shoot out of a giant oven on stage. Innocent concert attendees would be pelted with tiny cakey goodness.
Last edited by Nahlcomo on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates