NATION

PASSWORD

Adora Cup 2 [IC]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Tamgu
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Adora Cup 2 [IC]

Postby Tamgu » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:04 am

ImageImageImage

For everything In-Context about the Adora Cup. This is where cutoffs will be posted and roleplaying can be made.

Signups Thread
Last edited by Tamgu on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:05 am

Matchday 1 Cutoff!

Off we go! The first matchday of the Adora Cup has ended, here are the results:

P. Remeno FK 4-2 Clewa Rodassa
Forent Vosperse 1-1 U.S. Remeno
Likasi Lapdogs 1-1 Bloomer Fc
Fedek ASS U-23 2-2 CSE Emperors

Teams Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 P. Remeno FK 1 1 0 0 4 2 2 3
2 Fedek ASS U-23 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
3 CSE Emperors 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
4 Forent Vosperse 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
5 U.S. Remeno 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
6 Likasi Lapdogs 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
7 Bloomer FC 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
8 Real Curumba CF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9 Clewa Roddasa 1 0 0 1 2 4 -2 0

Edit: Corrected result of the match between Forent Vosperse and U.S. Remeno from 1-0 to 1-1.
Last edited by Tamgu on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Christos
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christos » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:49 am

After the soccer match against Fedek ASS U-23 ended in a draw reporters were in the locker room to witness Manager of the CSE Emperors Benjamin De Alba talking to the team.

De Alba: “We did good out there against Fedek but it was not enough. A tie is not a win but a technical loss. We need to be tougher on the field and put more pressure on the ball.
Jones you let 2 goals slipped passed you that needs to be improved. We are depending on you to stop these goals and you under delivered. I know you have potential you, you just need to show it. This also goes to the defenders. You need to support and defend the goalie. Tighter defense is needed and I will not accept anything less.
Plumbs and Vitali good job to both of you for putting pressure on the other team. A lot of shots were made but only two went in I want that number to increase. Gaust good job on breaking through and getting that first goal, it definitely rallied us when Fedek scored that second goal and we were able to tie it out.
All of you deserve a good rest before the next game. So tonight rest well and tomorrow morning we train to be better than yesterday. So hands in everbody...”

De Alba: “One, two, three CSE…”

Team: “Emperors!”
Monarchial Republic of Christos
"Strength through Unity and Equality"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Christos Overview
Accepting Embassy Request!

Maedelia
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Maedelia » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:03 pm

Shuffling the papers in front of them, a pair of boisterous newscasters settled down at their desk. A man and a woman in matching blue and white blazers, blue face paint spread across their cheekbones like warpaint, they donned faux pouts before the man burst out in laughter, the woman following shortly afterwards. Despite their team’s loss in the first round of the Adora Cup, they were clearly in a jovial mood.

“Holy hell, Reggie,” the woman exclaimed, brushing blonde hair behind her ear, “the match between our own club, Clewa Roddasa, and P. Remeno from the hosting nation, Tamgu, was an entertaining match from start to finish! Wasn’t it?”

“On one hand, Nisa,” he said plainly, “we lost.” Throwing up his hands as his dark curls bounced, he shrugged. “On the other hand, we got two scores in against them, which isn’t bad! Far from it! Our forward’s on point, even if the goalkeeping hasn’t been up to par recently.”

“Yeah, what’s up with that?” Nisa queried, brow furrowing. “Lyden allowed the other team to slip in four goals, which would be understandable after his, ah, accident during the Maedelian National Cup, but we were told he was supposed to be recovered completely by now. Is it giving him trouble again?”

Sighing, he shook his head, pursing his lips. “If it was up to me,” he said, “he’s thirty-five and a veteran player, but despite the wins under his belt, he’s also got a nasty list of injuries going all the way back to his first couple of years.” Pointing at the camera, he raised his eyebrows pointedly. “If it was up to me,” he said, “I’d replace him in the starting lineup with Niclas Rogers, even if the kid’s a rookie and half-British. There’s a reason that he’s the youngest on the team, and it’s not just that his dad’s loaded! He’s a damn good goalkeeper.”

“But Artor Lyden has proven time and time again that he’s a player that can be counted on,” Nisa pointed out. Reggie rolled his eyes, shaking his head in humored exasperation. “He’s done well in practices and team workouts,” she said, “he was given an all-clear by his physician, and even though he did poorly this time around, it’s the first round. I’d bet it was a fluke.”

“We’ll see later if Coach decides to swap him out or not,” he said, blasé. Shuffling his papers again, he looked at the one below it. “As for Gheorge Enescu, let’s talk about how he made two goals earlier today, one while nearly four-fifths the way across the field?”

“He’s thirty-four, but not an old man yet,” Nisa pointed out. Behind them, the television screen that originally read ‘The R&N Report’ transformed into an image of the forward in action, brown curls plastered against his forehead as he wiped at his scraggly beard, eyes fixed on something in the distance. “He’s been consistently the best player on the team since he first got on it, even if he has always been more of a loner.”

“His attitude always gets on my nerves, but damn, can he play well.” Reggie said, shaking his head disbelievingly. He scratched at his chin, fingers rubbing at dark stubble. “It’s impossible to hate the guy when he basically carried the team last season after Lyden was out. I kept saying he should be on the British team for the Olympics, but hey, now that we’re independent we can just put him on the team ourselves. Save grievous injury or a sudden disinterest in the sport, he’ll be playing until he’s in his forties, at least.”

Laughing, Nisa rubbed her brow. “I know what you mean about the guy being dislikable,” she said, “but at least his disciplinary record is clean, even if he hasn’t signed an autograph in his career and hasn’t deigned a reporter interesting enough to do an interview in nearly five years.”

“What we need is for him to push it more,” Reggie pointed out, “and before you get on my case for it, I know that he already attempts to make goals whenever he possibly can, and I respect that. But as egotistical as he is, there’s a reason that seventy-seven-point-something percent of the team’s goals are made by him, or whatever the statistic was.”

“Although we do have a number of good talents on this year, now that the team’s done an overhaul,” Nisa observed. After a moment, he nodded his head, conceding her point. “It’s not like last year when he carried the team. We’ve got several new recruits, and some are the best that Maedelia has to offer. Hopefully we have a shot, and if not, there’s still the Olympics and the World Cup.”

A buzzer rang, and they sighed.

“Well,” Nisa said, “it’s time to move on to a certain player and his performance leading up to the Australian Open in January. You know him, you love him, he’s the golden boy himself and the face of Maedelian tennis, Yves Caeres.”

11:38 PM
Clewa Roddasa Club Housing, Tamgu

Shutting off the television, Jane Elisham put the remote onto her desk and buried her face into her hands with a sigh, fingers tangling in her hair. She was proud of her players, but the loss exposed critical weaknesses within the makeup of her team. Despite what the reporters had said, Artor was still having back issues, and Gheorge’s over-involvement was, if anything, to be considered a liability. As talented as he was, he was getting older, and in such a physical sport, it was impossible for that not to have an effect on performance. By stealing the ball and the spotlight, he was potentially preventing others from making on their own the goals that she knew them capable of.

She could hear the boys laughing in the common area of their residence, and knew that beers and good stories were being passed around, but she couldn’t bear to go out and face them herself. They would need to rethink their strategy if they were to have a chance at the cup.

Artor had gone to bed early, and dinner was just finishing up when Elrah Dinne stood up to make a toast, face flushed scarlet with his inebriation while he hoisted his drink into the air. For a moment, it seemed like he was about to topple over, but he steadied himself on his own before the hands that rose to catch him needed to prevent him from knocking his head on the hardwood flooring.

“Guys, mates, tae haes aewegh,” he slurred, waving around his nearly-empty can sloppily, “I just want to say that I love you all, all of you, and if we die during the next match, I just want to say how much I’ve loved working with you.”

“Hell, that’s dark, Ellie,” Dwan said with a chuckle, “but I can echo the sentiment, I think.”

Niclas watched as Everan shook his head, coming inside from the balcony, where he had been making a call to his mother back in Midbuton. “Hey,” he said, “let’s have a moment to appreciate the newbies, eh? Even if they didn’t play today, they’re the future of our team, and at practice tomorrow, we’ll see what they can really do.”

“Hear, hear for the fresh meat,” Jarres chirped, only to get pinched in the side by Lorgan, yelping indignantly and shouting something about ‘disrespect.’ Eden chuckled at the spectacle, muffling it behind the back of his hand, and Niclas puckered his lips to avoid smiling himself. He tried to stick to the back of the crowd, still nursing his first drink of the night, and evidently, it had proved a viable tactic.

“I just want to say that it’s been fun so far, playing with you all,” he said when the conversation had died down and he was given a chance to jump in, “and that I appreciate the opportunity to be able to be on as good a team as this one.”

Gabrin ruffled his hair, the blond strands being displaced. “Hey,” he said, “you’re the rising star of the team according to the media, even if you haven’t played yet besides during practice, so it should be us expressing our gratitude for having you.

It was as he made his way back to his bedroom that Niclas was cornered by Gheorge Enescu. “No matter what,” Enescu said, “you’re not going to be starting lineup as long as Artor is on the team. He’s our goalie, and you’re reserve. Remember that.”

Niclas watched as his back retreated, and it was then that he decided that he’d earn his place on the team, no matter the cost.
Last edited by Maedelia on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit our National Factbook for information on the Commonwealth, and learn about our great leader, Grand Council President Margat.

OFFICIAL MAEDELIAN GOVERNMENT WEBSITE:
Maeda Communa

The Ebbeda Islands is a region for my puppet states.

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:14 am

Matchday 2 Cutoff!

This was a matchday full of exciting games filled with goals.
Some have worries about their defense's holes.
The tournament continues, the tension soars.
Now, let's see, matchday two's scores.

Clewa Rodassa 3-3 Forent Vosperse - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k
U.S.Remeno 2-5 Bloomer FC - Kroinen SpadStad 51k
Likasi Lapdogs 4-2 CSE Emperors - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k
Fedek ASS U-23 1-3 Real Curumba CF - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k

1 Bloomer FC 2 1 1 0 6 3 3 4
2 Likasi Lapdogs 2 1 1 0 5 3 2 4
3 P. Remeno FK 1 1 0 0 4 2 2 3
4 Real Curumba CF 1 1 0 0 3 1 2 3
5 Forent Vosperse 2 0 2 0 4 4 0 2
6 Fedek ASS U-23 2 0 1 1 3 5 -2 1
7 CSE Emperors 2 0 1 1 4 6 -2 1
8 Clewa Roddasa 2 0 1 1 5 7 -2 1
9 U.S. Remeno 2 0 1 1 3 6 -3 1

Last edited by Tamgu on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:08 am

Matchday 3 Cutoff!

The Adora Cup is well underway, and it's time for another matchday!
Here are the results:

P. Remeno FK 4-5 Forent Vosperse - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k
U.S.Remeno 1-1 Likasi Lapdogs - Kroinen SpadStad 51k
Bloomer FC 2-3 Fedek ASS U-23 - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k
CSE Emperors 0-0 Real Curumba CF - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k

1 Likasi Lapdogs 3 1 2 0 6 4 2 5
2 Forent Vosperse 3 1 2 0 9 8 1 5
3 Bloomer FC 3 1 1 1 8 6 2 4
4 Real Curumba CF 2 1 1 0 3 1 2 4
5 P. Remeno FK 2 1 0 1 8 7 1 3
6 CSE Emperors 3 0 2 1 4 6 -2 2
7 U.S. Remeno 3 0 2 1 4 7 -3 2
8 Fedek ASS U-23 3 1 1 1 6 7 -1 1
9 Clewa Roddasa 2 0 1 1 5 7 -2 1

Last edited by Tamgu on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:19 am

Matchdays 4 and 5 Cutoffs!

Due to technical difficulties, matchday 4 could not be played on time. No worries, the teams just played two matches on the same day. Except two.

Matchday 4
P. Remeno FK 3-1 U.S.Remeno - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k
Fedek ASS U-23 2-1 Likasi Lapdogs - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k
Bloomer FC 0-4 Real Curumba CF - Kroinen SpadStad 51k
Clewa Rodassa 1-1 CSE Emperors - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k

Matchday 5
P. Remeno FK 3-3 Likasi Lapdogs - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k
Clewa Rodassa 2-1 Fedek ASS U-23 - Kroinen SpadStad 51k
Forent Vosperse 1-2 Real Curumba CF - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k
Bloomer FC 6-4 CSE Emperors - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k

1 Real Curumba CF 4 3 1 0 9 2 7 10
2 P. Remeno FK 4 2 1 1 14 11 3 7
3 Bloomer FC 5 2 1 2 14 14 2 7
4 Fedek ASS U-23 5 2 1 2 9 10 -1 7
5 Likasi Lapdogs 5 1 3 1 10 9 1 6
6 Forent Vosperse 4 1 2 1 10 10 0 5
7 Clewa Roddasa 4 1 2 1 8 9 -1 5
8 CSE Emperors 5 0 3 2 9 13 -4 3
9 U.S. Remeno 4 0 2 2 5 10 -5 2

OOC: Sorry about not posting md4 on time, I was away from home unexpectedly.
Last edited by Tamgu on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:20 am

Matchday 6 Cutoff!

Ahh, perfect day for football in Pavilon. -2 degrees celcius, snow and a quite a bit of wind. The rest were okay though.
Here's the results:

P. Remeno FK 2-2 Bloomer FC - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k
Clewa Rodassa 1-0 Real Curumba CF - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k
Forent Vosperse 2-1 Fedek ASS U-23 - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k
U.S. Remeno 4-1 CSE Emperors - Kroinen SpadStad 51k

1 Real Curumba CF 5 3 1 1 9 3 6 10
2 P. Remeno FK 5 2 2 1 16 13 3 8
3 Bloomer FC 6 2 2 2 16 16 2 8
4 Forent Vosperse 5 2 2 1 12 11 1 8
5 Clewa Roddasa 5 2 2 1 9 9 0 8
6 Fedek ASS U-23 6 2 1 3 10 12 -2 7
7 Likasi Lapdogs 5 1 3 1 10 9 1 6
8 U.S. Remeno 5 1 2 2 9 11 -2 5
9 CSE Emperors 6 0 3 3 9 13 -4 3

UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Christos
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christos » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 am

Mark Luther: Good evening folks, I have an exclusive interview with the manager of Christos’s international soccer team Benjamin De Alba. We will be discussing how the team is doing and how that impacts Christos on the world stage. So welcome Mr. De Alba, I am glad you were able to give us an interview.

Manager De Alba: It is a pleasure to be here.

Mark Luther: So first question, an obvious one at that. According to the rankings the CSE Emperors are last in the 2nd Adora Cup. What are your thoughts on that?

Manager De Alba: Well we had a lot of great matches, a lot of draws as you know. But I cannot sugarcoat that the team is not doing well. There’s a lot of things that we can blame but in the end it comes down to how good we are and this just shows that our soccer team has a lot more training to do. Yeah we are last but I know this isn't the last Soccer Cup we will be participating in. This is my mentality “I lost this time but next time with enough training we can win.” So that is what I plan to do train my team and do better next time.

Mark Luther: Yes, I agree with that. The team did their best but it wasn’t enough. So how do you feel about how the showing of the soccer team in this cup will affect Christos’s presence on the world sports stage?

Manager De Alba: I don’t think it affects Christos in a negative light. Even though we are in last place doesn’t mean other nations out there can take us for granted. Christos showed the world that it has players ready and hungry to show their stuff and that is what they’re doing. If you think this is a sign of weakness you are wrong. It is a sign of progression. I mean the Cup isn’t over yet. A miracle could happen.

Mark Luther: Of course. Well thank you for sitting down with me today. I hope that the team does well in the competition.

Manager De Alba: You’re welcome. It’s been a nice conversation.
Monarchial Republic of Christos
"Strength through Unity and Equality"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Christos Overview
Accepting Embassy Request!

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am

Matchday 7 Cutoff!

We are in the endgame now. It's the last three matchdays. Now or never is the code for everyone.
Here's the results:

P. Remeno FK 0-1 Fedek ASS U-23 - Kroinen SpadStad 51k
Clewa Rodassa 1-1 Likasi Lapdogs - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k
Forent Vosperse 2-3 CSE Emperors - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k
U.S. Remeno 2-4 Real Curumba CF - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k

1 Real Curumba CF 6 4 1 1 13 5 8 13
6 Fedek ASS U-23 7 3 1 3 11 12 -1 10
5 Clewa Roddasa 6 2 3 1 10 10 0 9
2 P. Remeno FK 6 2 2 2 16 14 2 8
3 Bloomer FC 6 2 2 2 16 16 0 8
4 Forent Vosperse 6 2 2 2 14 14 0 8
7 Likasi Lapdogs 6 1 4 1 11 10 1 7
8 CSE Emperors 7 1 3 3 12 15 -3 6
9 U.S. Remeno 6 1 2 3 11 15 -4 5

Last edited by Tamgu on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:14 am

Matchday 8 Cutoff!

Things are taking shape now. One team has already said goodbye.
Two 8-goal matches, making the coaches let out a disappointed sigh.
The Emperors' heroes come on the pitch yet again, for one last try.

Here's the results:

P. Remeno FK 3-2 CSE Emperors - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k
Real Curumba CF 1-1 Likasi Lapdogs - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k
Clewa Rodassa 2-6 U.S. Remeno - Kroinen SpadStad 51k
Forent Vosperse 6-2 Bloomer FC - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k

1 Real Curumba CF 7 4 2 1 14 6 8 14
2 P. Remeno FK 7 3 2 2 19 16 3 11
3 Forent Vosperse 7 3 2 2 20 16 2 11
4 Fedek ASS U-23 7 3 1 3 11 12 -1 10
5 Clewa Roddasa 7 2 3 2 12 16 -4 9
6 Likasi Lapdogs 7 1 5 1 12 11 1 8
7 U.S. Remeno 7 2 2 3 17 17 0 8
8 Bloomer FC 7 2 2 3 18 22 -4 8
9 CSE Emperors 8 1 3 4 14 18 -4 6

Last edited by Tamgu on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:53 am

Matchday 9 Cutoff!

The group stage is over! We leave five of the clubs behind for the semi-finals. Who progressed?
Here's the results:

P. Remeno FK 1-3 Real Curumba CF - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k
Clewa Rodassa 3-1 Bloomer FC - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k
Forent Vosperse 2-0 Likasi Lapdogs - Kroinen SpadStad 51k
U.S. Remeno 2-2 Fedek ASS U-23 - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k

1 Real Curumba CF 8 5 2 1 17 6 11 17
2 Forent Vosperse 8 4 2 2 22 16 6 14
3 Clewa Roddasa 8 3 3 2 15 17 -2 12
4 P. Remeno FK 8 3 2 3 20 19 1 11

5 Fedek ASS U-23 8 3 2 3 13 14 -1 11
6 U.S. Remeno 8 2 3 3 19 19 0 9
7 Likasi Lapdogs 8 1 5 2 12 13 -1 8
8 Bloomer FC 8 2 2 4 19 25 -6 8
9 CSE Emperors 8 1 3 4 14 18 -4 6

UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 am

Semi-Final Cutoff!

This is the last game before the final. Messing up now is going to hurt.

Real Curumba CF 2-0 P. Remeno FK - Pavilon Armano Arena 42k
Forent Vosperse 2-2 Clewa Rodassa (2-2 AET, 2-3 Pens) - Simina Serveda no Lieksa 32k
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:30 am

Adora Cup Final Cutoff!

IT'S FINALLY OVER! Thank you to all of the participants, we'd love to see you the next time. Congratulations to our winner...

Real Curumba CF 0-0 Clewa Rodassa (1-1 AET, 5,6 Pens) - Remeno Olimpiad Serveda 79k

Clewa Rodassa! The first-timers unexpectedly defeated the strong favourites Real Curumba, the HUElavian side, who were actually defeated by Clewa Rodassa in the previous match.
Last edited by Tamgu on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports