NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] The Right to Privacy in the Digital Age

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Deerfenland
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

[Draft] The Right to Privacy in the Digital Age

Postby Deerfenland » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:48 pm

General Assembly,

Acknowledging that the right to security is a personal liberty and a human right that can't be abused by governments,

Deeply Convinced that enactment can be successful in securing such freedoms of worldwide residents of World Assembly-membered countries,

Welcoming an international precedent protecting privacy, and securing the protection that member countries can put into impact within them,

Requests the creation of new international legislation and standards that must be followed by member states upon the issue of the right to privacy in the digital age;

Recommends that each member nation evaluates their own legislation to see what best fits the new international legislation;

Affirms that Digital Privacy can be classified as:
    i. Protection for the citizens of member nations online
    ii. The protection of using communications
    iii. The protection from having personal information monitored and leaked by national ententes
    iv. The right to be in possession of one’s own privacy

Codemns any actions from member states that could be seen as:
    i. An invasion of privacy;
    ii. Dealing of private information of any persons to private companies;
    iii. Infringing on the right to privacy within citizens of member nations whether that right is infringed upon;
      a. Online
      b. Via database

Calls on the immediate action to:
    i. Sought out loopholes through the right to privacy in member nations, and put limitations on them,
    ii. Set up international guidelines upon the right to privacy in the digital age,

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:43 am

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Currently, the biggest issue with this draft appears to be that it doesn’t actually do much. Your first clause is essentially a definition clause, which is fine, but only useful if you use the term you are defining later in the proposal. Your second clause is a condemnation which doesn’t have an effect. If you want to prohibit these actions, or even encourage member states not to do them, you need to do so directly. Your third clause simply calls on actions to be performed, and doesn’t actually mandate or compel them.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:30 am

OOC: Check resolution Digital Network Defense.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Return to General Assembly