NATION

PASSWORD

Is it possible to repeal / reverse policies?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Valhedge
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Is it possible to repeal / reverse policies?

Postby Valhedge » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:28 pm

Unintentionally, I may have instated three policies. (Devolution, Capital Punishment and Corporal Punishment.)

I had gotten distracted while reading issue 526 ("Any idea where the law is, Bessie?") and returned a couple minutes later, clicking on option 1 because I thought that was the option I was thinking of choosing before I was distracted though as soon as I clicked on it, I remembered that I had planned to just dismiss the issue.

Is it possible to reverse these three policies? (Apologies if this is the wrong forum.)
uwu

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:30 pm

There is no way to reverse issue decisions, and there never will be; this is because screwed up and unintended results are considered part of the fun of the game. Sorry!

However, other issues should come up allowing you to remove these unwanted policies; very few decisions are not reversible in the long-term. Just don't expect an "instant undo" button anywhere. If it may help you avoid clicking the wrong option, you can select "confirm before passing legislation" in your settings.
Last edited by Ghost Land on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Valhedge
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Valhedge » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Ghost Land wrote:There is no way to reverse issue decisions, and there never will be; this is because screwed up and unintended results are considered part of the fun of the game. Sorry!

However, other issues should come up allowing you to remove these unwanted policies; very few decisions are not reversible in the long-term. Just don't expect an "instant undo" button anywhere. If it may help you avoid clicking the wrong option, you can select "confirm before passing legislation" in your settings.

I should've worded my post a little better, I apologise. I figured it wouldn't just be something you can remove and move on with, but still -- Thank you anyway! I've enabled that setting, aha.
uwu

Valhedge
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Valhedge » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:37 pm

uwu

Oneid
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneid » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 am

Valhedge wrote:Unintentionally, I may have instated three policies. (Devolution, Capital Punishment and Corporal Punishment.)

I had gotten distracted while reading issue 526 ("Any idea where the law is, Bessie?") and returned a couple minutes later, clicking on option 1 because I thought that was the option I was thinking of choosing before I was distracted though as soon as I clicked on it, I remembered that I had planned to just dismiss the issue.

Is it possible to reverse these three policies? (Apologies if this is the wrong forum.)

Write a Factbook
A glorious dictatorship, the culmination of hundreds of annexed peoples in hundreds of years under one ruler and culture to supply the homeland.

Return to Technical