NATION

PASSWORD

What is going on with lifespan?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
New Brazilian Suidland
Civilian

Founded: Oct 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

What is going on with lifespan?

Postby New Brazilian Suidland » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:48 pm

My lifespan was at 63, it just grew to 76! I observed that other nations are also getting that absurd unexplained growth. Anyone knows why?

OBS: I didn't do any issues that justify that growth.
Last edited by New Brazilian Suidland on Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Change to how the rankings are calculated. It was in the news a couple of days ago.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=news/ ... index.html
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:46 pm

New Brazilian Suidland wrote:My lifespan was at 63, it just grew to 76! I observed that other nations are also getting that absurd unexplained growth. Anyone knows why?

OBS: I didn't do any issues that justify that growth.

And some of our lifespans went down. :P Thankfully, mine only went down a bit. :) Yay for beta implementation!!

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:37 pm

Mine went up a bit - TO 28.09! LOL

Decepticon life is brutal. Fortunately, we just mind-transfer to new bodies when our old ones quit functioning well, or they get blasted to bits, whichever comes first.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:40 pm

I don't know, my 29 year lifespan went down to 25 under the new system. I have no idea why my people's income isn't bringing that up, but I just chalk it up to the unknowable will of NS stats...
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Return to Technical