NATION

PASSWORD

White house council on Men and Boys to be founded

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52659
Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

White house council on Men and Boys to be founded

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:03 am

Campaigning by Farrell and other MRA figureheads over the last couple of years has paid off with Donald Trump agreeing to found the white house council for men and boys. It's mission will be to coordinate federal response to mens issues, provide assistance to businesses and charities with this goal, and help men to enter professions where they are underrepresented.

It will also convene experts to suggest ammendments to legislation with this goal, the white house council on women and girls for example was instrumental on the inclusion of female contraception without co-pay for the affordable care act.

This is quite the turnaround from the Obama admistration and its blocking of the proposal:
https://townhall.com/columnists/rachela ... n-n1788584


Source;
https://j4mb.org.uk/2019/11/20/breaking ... s-and-men/


Political Implications:
MRA organizations leaned Trump last election and campaigned for him as he offered the most to them on policy (Stronger due process protections on campus and a few others, which he actually delivered.), were this year courting democratic primary candidates and gearing up to endorse some of them in exchange for supporting the white house council on men and boys (Many of the candidates agreed). This move by Trump throws it back into the game and shows that potentially the "Be mercenary, play them off eachother, endorse neither party permanently" approach is working. Provoking a bidding war is the ultimate goal. The question remains to be seen whether Trump keeps his word on this issue too as he did on the previous dealing with this particular lobby.

If he does, it's probable that democrats will need to offer more in order to secure an endorsement.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
New Sig, who dis?
Patriarchy theory is a valid academic theory, not incel tier psychological abuse which maps on to any situation a woman doesn't like and enables them to rationalize a hostility to men, we swear.
https://i.redd.it/zj1a11ooxwb31.jpg

User avatar
Isles of Metanoia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 403
Founded: Feb 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:20 am

This is great news. There wouldn't be any gender equality if only feminists gets to be listened.
Last edited by Isles of Metanoia on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the Philippines; Roman Catholic but Cosmopolitan; A member of the Alt-Lite.

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47579
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:23 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Campaigning by Farrell and other MRA figureheads over the last couple of years has paid off with Donald Trump agreeing to found the white house council for men and boys. It's mission will be to coordinate federal response to mens issues, provide assistance to businesses and charities with this goal, and help men to enter professions where they are underrepresented.

It will also convene experts to suggest ammendments to legislation with this goal, the white house council on women and girls for example was instrumental on the inclusion of female contraception without co-pay for the affordable care act.

This is quite the turnaround from the Obama admistration and its blocking of the proposal:
https://townhall.com/columnists/rachela ... n-n1788584


Source;
https://j4mb.org.uk/2019/11/20/breaking ... s-and-men/


Political Implications:
MRA organizations leaned Trump last election and campaigned for him as he offered the most to them on policy (Stronger due process protections on campus and a few others, which he actually delivered.), were this year courting democratic primary candidates and gearing up to endorse some of them in exchange for supporting the white house council on men and boys (Many of the candidates agreed). This move by Trump throws it back into the game and shows that potentially the "Be mercenary, play them off eachother, endorse neither party permanently" approach is working. Provoking a bidding war is the ultimate goal. The question remains to be seen whether Trump keeps his word on this issue too as he did on the previous dealing with this particular lobby.

If he does, it's probable that democrats will need to offer more in order to secure an endorsement.


And what are these issues?

EDIT: No wait, I see it. It's another "how dare there be consequences to rape and sexual assault" thing.
Last edited by Vassenor on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Chessmistress
Senator
 
Posts: 4902
Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Chessmistress » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:24 am

That's a stupid and misogynist move by Trump.
However, since he'll be defeated in 2020, it's not going to last.
Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed law and know that, in Canada, gender and sex are the same thing

OOC:
Radical Feminist, caring about the oppressed gender, that's why I have a strong sense of justice.

PRO:
Radical Feminism (proudly SWERF - moderately TERF),
Gender abolitionism,
birth control and population control,
affirmative ongoing VERBAL consent,
death penalty for rapists.

AGAINST:
patriarchy,
pornography,
heteronormativity,
domestic violence and femicide.


Favorite Quotes: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ches ... /id=403173

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2723
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:26 am

Chessmistress wrote:That's a stupid and misogynist move by Trump.
However, since he'll be defeated in 2020, it's not going to last.

How so? I see no issue in this move. Love him or hate him, Trump's decision is admirable.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign!
I killed the entire population of Vuvuzela by raising the minimum wage
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

I guess im doing the waifu flag thing now...

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47579
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:26 am

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Chessmistress wrote:That's a stupid and misogynist move by Trump.
However, since he'll be defeated in 2020, it's not going to last.

How so? I see no issue in this move. Love him or hate him, Trump's decision is admirable.


So what issues is this supposed to address?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Isles of Metanoia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 403
Founded: Feb 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:28 am

:D
Vassenor wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:Campaigning by Farrell and other MRA figureheads over the last couple of years has paid off with Donald Trump agreeing to found the white house council for men and boys. It's mission will be to coordinate federal response to mens issues, provide assistance to businesses and charities with this goal, and help men to enter professions where they are underrepresented.

It will also convene experts to suggest ammendments to legislation with this goal, the white house council on women and girls for example was instrumental on the inclusion of female contraception without co-pay for the affordable care act.

This is quite the turnaround from the Obama admistration and its blocking of the proposal:
https://townhall.com/columnists/rachela ... n-n1788584


Source;
https://j4mb.org.uk/2019/11/20/breaking ... s-and-men/


Political Implications:
MRA organizations leaned Trump last election and campaigned for him as he offered the most to them on policy (Stronger due process protections on campus and a few others, which he actually delivered.), were this year courting democratic primary candidates and gearing up to endorse some of them in exchange for supporting the white house council on men and boys (Many of the candidates agreed). This move by Trump throws it back into the game and shows that potentially the "Be mercenary, play them off eachother, endorse neither party permanently" approach is working. Provoking a bidding war is the ultimate goal. The question remains to be seen whether Trump keeps his word on this issue too as he did on the previous dealing with this particular lobby.

If he does, it's probable that democrats will need to offer more in order to secure an endorsement.


And what are these issues?

EDIT: No wait, I see it. It's another "how dare there be consequences to rape and sexual assault" thing.


There are a lot of issues.

Like for example 70% of divorces are filed by women if the genders were fair it would only be 50%.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -heres-why

Or men are punished 63% longer and more severe than women for the same crime.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_1874742
From the Philippines; Roman Catholic but Cosmopolitan; A member of the Alt-Lite.

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47579
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:29 am

Isles of Metanoia wrote::D
Vassenor wrote:
And what are these issues?

EDIT: No wait, I see it. It's another "how dare there be consequences to rape and sexual assault" thing.


There are a lot of issues.

Like for example 70% of divorces are filed by women if the genders were fair it would only be 50%.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -heres-why

Or men are punished 63% longer and more severe than women for the same crime.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_1874742


So women are too free to end their marriages and that's bad?

And yes, that second one is a real problem.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Saiwania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16371
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Saiwania » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:30 am

Chessmistress wrote:That's a stupid and misogynist move by Trump.
However, since he'll be defeated in 2020, it's not going to last.


What would you do if he still got reelected against all odds? Everyone including I, thought that Clinton would win 2016.
Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2723
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:30 am

Vassenor wrote:
Isles of Metanoia wrote::D

There are a lot of issues.

Like for example 70% of divorces are filed by women if the genders were fair it would only be 50%.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -heres-why

Or men are punished 63% longer and more severe than women for the same crime.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_1874742


So women are too free to end their marriages and that's bad?

And yes, that second one is a real problem.

If you argue that it's a problem, why would you oppose this move?
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign!
I killed the entire population of Vuvuzela by raising the minimum wage
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

I guess im doing the waifu flag thing now...

User avatar
Munkcestrian Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1627
Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:32 am

Chessmistress wrote:That's a stupid and misogynist move by Trump.
However, since he'll be defeated in 2020, it's not going to last.

"radical feminist"

about right!

Saiwania wrote:
Chessmistress wrote:That's a stupid and misogynist move by Trump.
However, since he'll be defeated in 2020, it's not going to last.


What would you do if he still got reelected against all odds? Everyone including I, thought that Clinton would win 2016.

Complain online, probably.

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2723
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Chessmistress wrote:That's a stupid and misogynist move by Trump.
However, since he'll be defeated in 2020, it's not going to last.

"radical feminist"

about right!

Saiwania wrote:
What would you do if he still got reelected against all odds? Everyone including I, thought that Clinton would win 2016.

Complain online, probably.

Yeah, i'm inclined to take most of what Chess says with more than a grain of salt.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign!
I killed the entire population of Vuvuzela by raising the minimum wage
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

I guess im doing the waifu flag thing now...

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47579
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:34 am

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
So women are too free to end their marriages and that's bad?

And yes, that second one is a real problem.

If you argue that it's a problem, why would you oppose this move?


Because this whole thing seems like overkill for one issue.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2723
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:36 am

Vassenor wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:If you argue that it's a problem, why would you oppose this move?


Because this whole thing seems like overkill for one issue.

Well, you could consider other issues. Mental health, domestic violence, the list goes on. And I mean, we have councils on a lot of things, probably some that are even more worthless.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign!
I killed the entire population of Vuvuzela by raising the minimum wage
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

I guess im doing the waifu flag thing now...

User avatar
Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9290
Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:36 am

Vassenor wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:If you argue that it's a problem, why would you oppose this move?


Because this whole thing seems like overkill for one issue.


From no issue to one in less then a page...huh.

Maybe if you look into the issue you’ll find more?
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

User avatar
Munkcestrian Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1627
Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:38 am

Vassenor wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:If you argue that it's a problem, why would you oppose this move?


Because this whole thing seems like overkill for one issue.

there's a White House Chief Floral Designer.

User avatar
Munkcestrian Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1627
Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 am

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Because this whole thing seems like overkill for one issue.

there's a White House Chief Floral Designer.

i think a council for issues that affect 50% of the population can be allowed

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2723
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 am

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Because this whole thing seems like overkill for one issue.


From no issue to one in less then a page...huh.

Maybe if you look into the issue you’ll find more?

Three, if you read my reply.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign!
I killed the entire population of Vuvuzela by raising the minimum wage
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

I guess im doing the waifu flag thing now...

User avatar
Chan Island
Senator
 
Posts: 4089
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

Good. First on the agenda should be male suicide- that number keeps climbing every year and that’s utterly heartbreaking.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2723
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

Chan Island wrote:Good. First on the agenda should be male suicide- that number keeps climbing every year and that’s utterly heartbreaking.

Absolute agreement from me. America has a major suicide problem.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign!
I killed the entire population of Vuvuzela by raising the minimum wage
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

I guess im doing the waifu flag thing now...

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47579
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Because this whole thing seems like overkill for one issue.

Well, you could consider other issues. Mental health, domestic violence, the list goes on. And I mean, we have councils on a lot of things, probably some that are even more worthless.


And yet all the OP could come up with was "men get in trouble for rape on campus". It's kind of depressing seeing the whole movement reduced to that.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
New Bremerton
Diplomat
 
Posts: 521
Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Bremerton » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am

This is great news for American men and boys! Trump still has his uses after all. First stop: America. Final destination: Sweden.

:clap:
The Holy Republic of New Bremerton
Region: The North Pacific

"Libera te tutemet ex inferis"

OOC: Glorious Hong Kong is my puppet.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31491
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am

Seems ok to me.

First things first, male suicides.
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwiki WA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa)
WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third place
Feel the Bern 2020 Trump disrespected fallen heroes beacuse of a little rain Trump lets diseases run wild
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.A love letter to NS

User avatar
Unstoppable Empire of Doom
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1157
Founded: Dec 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unstoppable Empire of Doom » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am

Hopefully this will lead into research on the Male suicide epidemic. Also legal reforms as men suffer far harsher legal penalties. It will be a nice counterweight to the sexist radfem agenda.
Grammar errors attributed to my cellphones autocorrect.

The poor don't hate the rich, they hate those who masquerade inherited wealth as hard work.

Democracy is a tyranny of the majority. All other forms of government are tyrannies by a minority.

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2723
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:42 am

Vassenor wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Well, you could consider other issues. Mental health, domestic violence, the list goes on. And I mean, we have councils on a lot of things, probably some that are even more worthless.


And yet all the OP could come up with was "men get in trouble for rape on campus". It's kind of depressing seeing the whole movement reduced to that.

I think that's more of a strawman of what the OP said. Be honest. Besides, that doesn't make this not a good idea. We could do great things with the right leadership.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign!
I killed the entire population of Vuvuzela by raising the minimum wage
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

I guess im doing the waifu flag thing now...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agend, Akrenea, Blanjiland, Cantelo, Fahran, Fartsniffage, Feyrisshire, Gormwood, Grinning Dragon, Heloin, Isles of Metanoia, LiberNovusAmericae, Licana, Lillorainen, Ludania, Luziyca, Nakena, Necroghastia, New Rokrum, Pacomia, Pax Nerdvana, Petrolheadia, Philjia, Proctopeo, Ryanasic, Samadhi, Silver Commonwealth, Southern Ryueth, The Huskar Social Union, The Salaxalans, Totenborg, United Muscovite Nations, Vegaslovakia, Xuloqoia, Yeetium Empire

Advertisement

Remove ads