NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders II (A Sequel) (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Party House Murders II (A Sequel) (OOC/Closed)

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:00 am

Party House Murders II (A Sequel): Curse of the Carballal Estate

This is a horror slasher RP. Players will RP as teenagers going to a reckless party in a haunted estate… little do they know, two teenagers are in fact hidden psychopathic Killers and will attempt to murder the rest of the group, horror movie style.

This is a sequel RP to the completed RP, Party House Murders I which had a definitive Ending, we will try to get a definitive Ending for this RP as well for those who stay to the very end. That story was concluded and only three of the original characters survived and the ending... well it wasn’t happy.

Note: A complete reading of the previous RP is NOT necessary to participate in this RP. In fact, you will be even more in character if you have no knowledge of the previous RP (this RP takes place in a new high school with a new haunted estate, the main similarities are in the style of the story and the horror slasher element). Some characters from the previous RP may appear in this RP. It is 100% possible to participate in this RP without having read or played in the first installment.

The Premise for the RP will be as follows:

The year is 2000. Eterna Key is a small island off the coast of Pickering, Florida. The small, beautiful, tropical island is a secluded holiday spot with lots of palm tees and sandy, sunny, beaches. However, the island is not all sunshine… Eterna Key has a dark and terrifying secret. Carballa Estate, a set of two cursed and haunted mansions still stands. It is said that all those who enter are cursed by the forces of darkness. Over 22 people were murdered in the mansions over the course of history. 9 people have survived or moved out, but they were later killed in a variety of ways.

Where you come in…

On a fine summer day in July, a large group of jaded, reckless, immature, and borderline carefree teenagers are invited to a summer party by one of Pickering High School’s most infamous student. He is paying out a big monetary prize to whoever manages to stay in the haunted estate the longest.

You will RP as one of the students at this party… perhaps you love a challenge, perhaps you don’t believe in ghosts, and/or perhaps you just love the idea of getting a ton of cold hard cash. What you DON’T know though… is that two of you fellow classmates are filled with darkness. The two killers are unaware of each other's plans or existence. However, their moment has come at last, in a coming of age story; they plan to murder everyone else at the party.

History of the Carballa Estate and its Curse

Notable owners:

1. Jonathan and Scarlet Moore, 1930-1933


The house was first built in 1930. Its tales of horror began during the Great Depression when pioneers had set up private beach houses on the coast of Eterna Key. The plans to create a vacation spot had to be put on hold because of the economic panic. Originally the Carballal Estate was called the Moore estate; its ambitious construction was bankrolled by a Jonathan Moore. Jonathan and his wife Scarlet were the first to reside in the mansion; they were also the first to be cursed.

In 1933, the couple had a new baby. A grotesque tragedy soon struck. On a summer day, Jonathan saw his wife and his infant (still sleeping in a crib) brutally impaled and killed by a suddenly loose and fallen chandelier (Scarlet had noticed the loosening of the chandelier and had rushed over to try and save the baby). Several days after these deaths, the grief-stricken Jonathan walked into a marsh near the mansion and committed suicide by ingesting nearby water drop-wort.

It’s been said that the mansion has since been haunted the ghosts of the three Moores. The ghosts and other dark forces were said to responsible for a series of mysterious and gruesome deaths as the house moved along a succession of unfortunate owners. For many years, the house was deemed unsafe and left without an owner.

2. Paris Carballal, 1960-1968

The story continues with the arrival of a Cuban immigrant who had escaped his country in 1960 after the rise of Fidel Castro. Paris Carballal was a painter who would become known as "The Mad Artist" by several art historians. He started his career specializing in modern art and surrealism. Despite warnings from the superstitious locals, the relatively poor Carballal purchased the estate. After achieving a degree of success with his new painting “The Harpooner of the Court,” Carballal renamed the mansion the Carballal Estate.

As the artist worked in the mansion over the years, completely immersed in his art, it was said that he encountered supernatural happenings. He claimed sinks and tubs would mysteriously fill with saltwater. Wildlife that he had been painting would appear near his home inexplicably. He heard whispering when he was alone and scraping sounds from the all-too-often flooded basement.
Carballal married a young woman in 1964 (she had shown interest in his art, particularly the painting “Shellfrogs”). In 1964, his pregnant wife was found off the coast of Eterna Key, seemingly having drowned herself in the tide.

In response to this tragic death, Carballal experienced a breakdown. He attempted to burn down his own mansion (it didn’t work). Desperate, he used his money to make a new mansion. In contrast to the old mansion (which had a conservative architectural style), this new mansion was based around American Craftsman style and Art Deco to create a modern house; it was a reflection of Carballal's own art.

Soon after, Carballal’s state of mind deteriorated further still… He claimed that rats were stalking him among a host of other supernatural events. Dismissed as mentally unstable, Carballal became increasing ostracized from the art community and he saw a decline in his fortunes. Critics, collectors, and fellow artists mostly abandoned him, leading him to become increasingly secluded. His art took a horrific and morbid turn in style, gaining him limited favor with occult collectors. Most notably, a Mr. John Vanderbilt commissioned Carballal to paint a work depicting a scene from Dante’s Inferno. It was said that Carballal used human blood to complete that painting and many others. It was said that he got the blood from both self-harm and others he attacked.

Finally in 1968, Paris Carballal went on a full killing spree. The first to be killed was an art critic who had given Carballal a scathing review in response to a gory, commissioned work. Filled with murderous rage, Carballal struck and killed the critic. For the remainder of the year, Carballal murdered anyone near his estate so that he could use their blood in the paintings. He murdered a large number of people not just on Eterna Key, but on the Florida mainland as well. By the time he was narrowed down by the authorities as a prime suspect, Carballal was found dead in the marsh near his old house… he was dead from exsanguination; he had let himself bleed out in the waters of the marsh.



The curse had spread to the new mansion, while the old mansion was left to be overgrown from vegetation and rot. It is still possible to access the old mansion through a walkway that leads from the new mansion to the old one. The curse continued with more deaths. The most recent inhabitants, a movie director and his sadistic son took ownership of the Carballal Estate out of morbid curiosity. Both collected morbid works, such as a witch's noose, a cannibal's cookbook, evidence from crime scenes of brutal murders, and even a snuff film. Many have said that the estate had led to misery for those who lived in it and for those who tried to escape it. It is rumored that the ghosts still haunt the estate. Many of the locals had refused to set forth into any of the mansions.

Well… the mansions are about to be disturbed once more… by the RP characters.

Best of luck!


In this RP we will attempt to simulate the conditions of a B grade slasher movie. Players may sign up and create a teenage character from Pickering High School to be RP-ed in this scenario, the template is as follows:

Code: Select all
Name:
Age:
Gender/Sex:
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night):
Personality:
Likes:
Dislikes:


Upon submitting the character, the OP will decide to approve or disapprove.

The following things will be considered when the OP approves:

1. We need a mix and balance of character archetypes
2. Characters should be realistic, interesting, and in general stick to the high school setting though age can vary pending approval
Try to play to horror movie archetypes about teens and create interesting personalities.

This RP will be run by Infected Mushoom (OP) and Main Nation Ministry (Ministry wrote the setup with edits from me; Ministry shall exercise a great deal of creative power over the direction of the story while I will run a great deal of the administration).

The rules (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):

1. OP’s word is law (this is a horror RP with an expected high kill count and very controversial decisions regarding who lives and who dies will be made and enforced). This is a horror RP. And as per horror conventions, that means characters (even PCs) will die and sometimes cheaply. However, as an improvement from the first game, this RP will have a much larger pool of NPCs to kill off and the Killers will be recommended to first target NPCs as kills before PCs. This will allow your characters to potentially do more before they are thrust into the ruthless line of fire.

2. The assigned/randomly picked Killers will be telegrammed and given further instructions (do not disclose to the other players that you are one of the secret Killers). The Killer players will RP in the game as their regular teenage personas. However, they will be in constant communication with the OP through telegrams so that they can instruct the OP to make plays that they want as the Killer… the OP will then post to describe the actions of the Killer (this allows the Killers to keep their identities secret until the big reveal moments).

3. If a PC makes a move in the RP that negatively affects another PC or NPC… please stop the post at the moment the action starts to affect the other party. For example… Do not post “I punched Player B and then Player B fell over.” Instead, your post should stop at: “I punched Player B.” (*wait for OP to resolve with follow up post on the result of the punch).

4. The exception to rule 3 is where the OP grants special permission in order to selectively speed up the story.

5. A dice roll mechanism will be used to resolve fights and attempts to kill behind the scenes. Tentatively (I’m not sure if this is set 100% in stone) as per horror movie conventions, the Killers will have a considerable dice advantage in the early stages of the game but after killing a certain number of players, the Final Girl/Final Boy mechanism may trigger making the odds substantially more even.

6. If you are inactive for 48-72+ hours the OP may decide to “take over” your character and control them as an NPC until you return in order to facilitate the continuation of the story at an acceptable pace. This mechanism was used very extensively in the first Party House Murders RP and it may see some use here; it is possible that a character might be killed off while in NPC mode. While all deaths are permanent and irreversible, players may in some situations enter the RP again (subject to negotiations) as a new character.


Let’s have fun!

NPCs will be supplied and updated in separate posts to follow

...

IC at this location


^
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6035
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 am

Confirmed that I will be CO-OP! NPC's characters will be up soon!
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"We can't afford a billboard, sir." - Moxxie from Helluva Boss (Also watch it, please. Brandon Rogers is on it.)

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12750
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 am

Taggity! I had been wanting to do something like this for a while.

CODE: SELECT ALL
Name: Hunter Kirby
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Image This, minus the speech bubbles.
Personality: A little panicky at times, and extremely nerdy. He believes in the existence of a government conspiracy to hide the existence of aliens. He believes the mansion isn't haunted, but is in fact a government facility dedicated to studying ETs that uses the curse as a cover. He can be quite paranoid, and a loner,
Likes: Star Trek, The X-Files, Men In Black, Star Wars, Stargate, military history, science, and numerous other things of that nature.
Dislikes: Sports, the government, a lot of his fellow students.
Last edited by Pax Nerdvana on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patriotic centrist American, who is right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me".
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it
Support the troops!
The country is the people, not the gov't
Doomsday is inevitable. Learn to survive.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity,privacy
Anti: Trump,Clinton,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Taggity! I had been wanting to do something like this for a while.

CODE: SELECT ALL
Name: Hunter Kirby
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): (Image) This, minus the speech bubbles.
Personality: A little panicky at times, and extremely nerdy. He believes in the existence of a government conspiracy to hide the existence of aliens. He believes the mansion isn't haunted, but is in fact a government facility dedicated to studying ETs that uses the curse as a cover. He can be quite paranoid, and a loner,
Likes: Star Trek, The X-Files, Men In Black, Star Wars, Stargate, military history, science, and numerous other things of that nature.
Dislikes: Sports, the government, a lot of his fellow students.


Approved, welcome!
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 pm

I'm a bit sloppy with age now

17 would mean that he's a senior (12th grade) in the American school system?

I'll begin supplying some NPCs as well. But I kind of want to see what Ministry has in mind for their NPCs first (so as to minimise overlap of archetypes).
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6035
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:I'm a bit sloppy with age now

17 would mean that he's a senior (12th grade) in the American school system?

I'll begin supplying some NPCs as well. But I kind of want to see what Ministry has in mind for their NPCs first (so as to minimise overlap of archetypes).


For my NPC's, the son of the movie director (who I like to compare as Gerry from the original RP) will be one of them. While I do not plan to have my NPC's be based around classical horror archetypes, I can at least describe them.

I making the Fanatic, the Cliché, the Goth, and the Outsider. Those NPC's around with the son of the movie director (who I shall refer to as the Dick. Just Dick.) The reveal of the NPC's will be coming soon, but I want to give some people an idea on what I have planned.
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"We can't afford a billboard, sir." - Moxxie from Helluva Boss (Also watch it, please. Brandon Rogers is on it.)

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I'm a bit sloppy with age now

17 would mean that he's a senior (12th grade) in the American school system?

I'll begin supplying some NPCs as well. But I kind of want to see what Ministry has in mind for their NPCs first (so as to minimise overlap of archetypes).


For my NPC's, the son of the movie director (who I like to compare as Gerry from the original RP) will be one of them. While I do not plan to have my NPC's be based around classical horror archetypes, I can at least describe them.

I making the Fanatic, the Cliché, the Goth, and the Outsider. Those NPC's around with the son of the movie director (who I shall refer to as the Dick. Just Dick.) The reveal of the NPC's will be coming soon, but I want to give some people an idea on what I have planned.


Excellent
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Atkemri
Minister
 
Posts: 2455
Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Atkemri » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:03 pm

I meant to get into the first one, but you know how procrastination gets people

Name: Daylon Swartz
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night):
Image

Personality: Daylon is the stereotypical geek. Obsessed with obscure pop-culture references and Japanese media he is an outcast to all those who don't enjoy his clearly superior content. Compounding upon his already poor social status is the superiority complex he has built for himself and his protective attitude towards the shows he watches pushing away those who would try to connect with the outcast. Most of his social interaction is achieved via the internet a fact which he seems to take an odd sense of pride in the fact. Truthfully, he realizes how poorly the social side of his life is going, but aside from the persona he has built around himself he is totally socially inept and given the opportunity, he would gravitate towards legitimate connection with others
Likes: Anime, Warhammer 40k tabletop, Dungeons, and Dragons, browsing the internet, Linkin Park, and Christmas
Dislikes: The majority of the popular people in school, school, most forms of authority higher than him, "normies" (though that is part of his edgy weeb persona), and failure.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: National Populist party and Conservative party alliance seem to be breaking apart/ National Populist party candidate, Idowu Trémaux calls Wells "A scheming, babbling idiot with no sense of diplomacy or direction." Wells is yet to respond.

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:02 pm

Atkemri wrote:I meant to get into the first one, but you know how procrastination gets people

Name: Daylon Swartz
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night):
Personality: Daylon is the stereotypical geek. Obsessed with obscure pop-culture references and Japanese media he is an outcast to all those who don't enjoy his clearly superior content. Compounding upon his already poor social status is the superiority complex he has built for himself and his protective attitude towards the shows he watches pushing away those who would try to connect with the outcast. Most of his social interaction is achieved via the internet a fact which he seems to take an odd sense of pride in the fact. Truthfully, he realizes how poorly the social side of his life is going, but aside from the persona he has built around himself he is totally socially inept and given the opportunity, he would gravitate towards legitimate connection with others
Likes: Anime, Warhammer 40k tabletop, Dungeons, and Dragons, browsing the internet, Linkin Park, and Christmas
Dislikes: The majority of the popular people in school, school, most forms of authority higher than him, "normies" (though that is part of his edgy weeb persona), and failure.


Approved.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6035
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:06 pm

I be able to finish up the NPC's tomorrow. Also, Pax! Atkemri! Welcome you two to the RP!
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"We can't afford a billboard, sir." - Moxxie from Helluva Boss (Also watch it, please. Brandon Rogers is on it.)

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:08 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I be able to finish up the NPC's tomorrow. Also, Pax! Atkemri! Welcome you two to the RP!


Sounds good, take your time!

I'm working on mine as well.

Recuecn has confirmed by TG that they are in as well. We will have many of the old players back.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Recuecn
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 393
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 am

Gah ns deleted my post just as I was almost done so this is maybe shorter than it was.

Anyway, happy to see this back! I really enjoyed the first one! And I'm also very proud to be bringing back the only surviving PC from last time (not that I had any say in whether or not she survived lol).

Name: Ava Sinclair

Age: 17

Gender/Sex: female

Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): For a black girl, Ava's skin isn't too dark. Her eyes and hair are though, the latter in dreads that come down to about her shoulders. (She put it in dreads after the events of last time and hasn't done anything to it since.) She's got the cutest little button nose that she wrinkles whenever she asks a question, and a smallish mouth--she purses her lips whenever she's silently judging someone. She's not very tall, maybe 5'4", and has a pretty typical body shape for a girl her age who doesn't work out a ton. Her style hasn't changed much: mom jeans and a baby pink crop-top, and of course she's still got the Skechers--a new pair so they're still fresh and white. Their thick soles help her look a little taller than she actually is.

Personality: Since last time, Ava's gotten a lot quieter. She's still a people person inside, and great at navigating pretty much any social situation you might throw at her, but she hasn't really gotten over her trauma and its effects on her are pretty clear. Although she still likes hanging out with people, she doesn't talk as much as she did before--essentially she comes across now as weirdly shy for a 17 year old.
Ava has a very common-sense mindset, but isn't one to go against the crowd, even when she knows she's right. She's always been a homey person with plenty of things outside her comfort zone, and that's even more the case now.
Ava's pretty bright and does alright in school, particularly her more math-heavy classes, which is too bad, since she doesn't really care for it. She had been a year ahead but after what happened, her family moved from Maine to Pickering, Florida (she couldn't handle living so close to The Bloody Shack anymore). That meant that she had to make new friends but also retake her sophomore year, so now she's a junior and in a class with other kids her own age.

Likes: Ice cream, staying in and reading, hanging out at friends' houses, gossiping, talking with her old friends on the phone

Dislikes: Being lactose intolerant, Exercise, the outdoors, rain, new things, the dark, strangers.
Last edited by Recuecn on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
rəswɛsən
Team Casaran

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:16 am

Recuecn wrote:Gah ns deleted my post just as I was almost done so this is maybe shorter than it was.

Anyway, happy to see this back! I really enjoyed the first one! And I'm also very proud to be bringing back the only surviving PC from last time (not that I had any say in whether or not she survived lol).

Name: Ava Sinclair

Age: 17

Gender/Sex: female

Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): For a black girl, Ava's skin isn't too dark. Her eyes and hair are though, the latter in dreads that come down to about her shoulders. (She put it in dreads after the events of last time and hasn't done anything to it since.) She's got the cutest little button nose that she wrinkles whenever she asks a question, and a smallish mouth--she purses her lips whenever she's silently judging someone. She's not very tall, maybe 5'4", and has a pretty typical body shape for a girl her age who doesn't work out a ton. Her style hasn't changed much: mom jeans and a baby pink crop-top, and of course she's still got the Skechers--a new pair so they're still fresh and white. Their thick soles help her look a little taller than she actually is.

Personality: Since last time, Ava's gotten a lot quieter. She's still a people person inside, and great at navigating pretty much any social situation you might throw at her, but she hasn't really gotten over her trauma and its effects on her are pretty clear. Although she still likes hanging out with people, she doesn't talk as much as she did before--essentially she comes across now as weirdly shy for a 17 year old.
Ava has a very common-sense mindset, but isn't one to go against the crowd, even when she knows she's right. She's always been a homey person with plenty of things outside her comfort zone, and that's even more the case now.
Ava's pretty bright and does alright in school, particularly her more math-heavy classes, which is too bad, since she doesn't really care for it. She had been a year ahead but after what happened, her family moved from Maine to Pickering, Florida (she couldn't handle living so close to The Bloody Shack anymore). That meant that she had to make new friends but also retake her sophomore year, so now she's a junior and in a class with other kids her own age.

Likes: Ice cream, staying in and reading, hanging out at friends' houses, gossiping, talking with her old friends on the phone

Dislikes: Being lactose intolerant, Exercise, the outdoors, rain, new things, the dark, strangers.


Approved.

Welcome back!
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Recuecn
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 393
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:45 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Approved.

Welcome back!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to this! The last one was a lot of fun.

I'm excited for this one to be even better. Main Nation Ministry did great as the killer last time; I loved the way that rather than finish everybody off they gave Ava that choice to make which made her character development and the plot so much better. That decision is still weighing on her (and helped me to really get into the mood of things--I hadn't expected a horror rp to actually scare me, but I got shivers)! All that to say I'm excited to see what MNM has to add as a co-OP this time.
rəswɛsən
Team Casaran

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12750
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:16 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Taggity! I had been wanting to do something like this for a while.

CODE: SELECT ALL
Name: Hunter Kirby
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): (Image) This, minus the speech bubbles.
Personality: A little panicky at times, and extremely nerdy. He believes in the existence of a government conspiracy to hide the existence of aliens. He believes the mansion isn't haunted, but is in fact a government facility dedicated to studying ETs that uses the curse as a cover. He can be quite paranoid, and a loner,
Likes: Star Trek, The X-Files, Men In Black, Star Wars, Stargate, military history, science, and numerous other things of that nature.
Dislikes: Sports, the government, a lot of his fellow students.


Approved, welcome!

Thanks!
Infected Mushroom wrote:I'm a bit sloppy with age now

17 would mean that he's a senior (12th grade) in the American school system?

I'll begin supplying some NPCs as well. But I kind of want to see what Ministry has in mind for their NPCs first (so as to minimise overlap of archetypes).

Yeah, he would most likely be a senior.
Patriotic centrist American, who is right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me".
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it
Support the troops!
The country is the people, not the gov't
Doomsday is inevitable. Learn to survive.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity,privacy
Anti: Trump,Clinton,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6035
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:16 pm

My NPC's are up! Here's my cast for the RP!

Name: Scott Houghton
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A young man standing at 5'11 with white skin and average build, Scott has neatly cut short black hair and brown eyes. At the night of the party and typically at school, he tends to dress fresh with a dark red polo suit, a leather belt with a silver belt buckle, grey-blue jeans, and black sneakers.
Personality: Being the son of the new owner of the Carballal Estate, Scott is considered a spoiled narcissistic brat, behaving like an immature child who has lots of money, often wearing or displaying things of wealth. Despite his wealth, he's a sadistic bully who has a tendency to back stab people, where many other students tend to say he's overbearing or a "psychopath" in general, due to his interest in collecting morbid items, which him and his father considers a hobby.
Likes: Anything morbid, Alcohol, Money, Modern Art, Gossiping.
Dislikes: Schoolwork, his own teachers (they tried to get him expelled for almost obvious reasons), Lack of control, Failure.

Name: Patrick Walker
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A surprisingly muscular young man with pale skin, blond messy hair, and blue eyes. Stands at the height of 5'6. Dressed for the party, he wears a white jacket with a t-shirt that reads "God Forgives" in a black font underneath a stencil of an olive tree over a light green background. He also wears denim jeans and red high-top sneakers, where a pocket bible can be seen stuffed into his left jean pocket and a gold cross necklace hangs from his neck.
Personality: Patrick is a religious fanatic, who is heavily-focused Christian, along with his parents. While he is more focused on his religion, he does express some controversial opinions, where many would say he's a borderline fundamentalist. He does keep a low profile, however not wanting to stir up a fuss or scene.
Likes: Christian fantasy novels, Swimming, Sunday Service.
Dislikes: Pop music, Drugs, Religions not related to his own.

Name: Spencer Hopkins
Age: 15
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A dark-skinned boy with average build and height of 5'10 with trimmed very short black hair and brown eyes. He came dressed in a sky blue and white t-shirt meant to show waves, black jeans, and brown boots. He brought a flash camera that hangs on his neck, planning on exploring a bit of the estate.
Personality: A bit of a social kid, known among his peers. Aspiring to be a musician in his own blues rock band, he wishes to explore the world, as he feels constricted to his hometown, as he feels like his hometown is starting to grow less-known and smaller everyday.
Likes: Photography, Exploring the world, Blues rock.
Dislikes: New York Yankees, Heavy Metal (least favorite music), Spiders.

Name: Victoria Brooks
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A short pale girl of 5'4 with long black hair and brown eyes, who wears black lipstick, eyeliner and nail polish. For the night, she decided to wear a black leather jacket with a fishnet shirt, along with a black skirt with white polka dots and black high heels. She has piercing on both her right ear and her lower lip, where she wears a razor blade on a string as a necklace.
Personality: Part of the goth "clique" in Pickering High School, she was originally a part of a garage rock band until her parents and her friend's parents forcibly broke it up, leading to Victoria being rebellious. Despite being refusals, her parents wants to get her focused on sports, where Victoria's relationship with them has strained a lot. She is still friendly with other students, as long as you don't outright deliberately piss her off.
Likes: Occult, Rock and Roll, Boys.
Dislikes: Authority, Politics, School in general including schoolwork, Bullies.

Name: Julia Stone
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): A short pale and thin girl with short brown hair with two curls on each side of her face, a short ponytail with a violet colored hair pin and green eyes. She wears glasses, which she uses as reading glasses, though she is still able to see without them. She wears a light red and dark red striped sweater, blue jeans, and violet and white running shoes. She carries around a brown backpack with some books she plans on reading at the estate.
Personality: A quiet and well-mannered girl who has recently moved to the town of Pickering, where she is to attend as a junior student in the high school. Being new to the town, she has already befriended some students, where she currently "attached" with Spencer Brooks, though Spencer doesn't seem to know this. She does have a weak demeanor, leading her to get nervous quicker than others.
Likes: Books of all sorts, Films, Talk shows, and Piano music.
Dislikes: Sports (mainly non interested), Bullies, Drugs, Alcohol.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"We can't afford a billboard, sir." - Moxxie from Helluva Boss (Also watch it, please. Brandon Rogers is on it.)

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:58 pm

^

Excellent!

NPCs incorporated

I will post mine later

You can control all NPCs or leave some for me to control it’s 100 percent up to you

We could iron it out later

By the way, how many players are we looking for?
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10677
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Tag, Intriguing going to keep an eye on this.

Although don't know how I'm going to have the motive to head to such a place, like a estate. Bit of a shut-in.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Ted
Ideology: Capitalism
Political Compass: Social Libertarian for some reason
Race: Vampire
Political Side: Right
Favorite Senator: Ted Cruz (Ted's have to help out Ted's)
Status: Healthy and as strong as a starved ox
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6035
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:^

Excellent!

NPCs incorporated

I will post mine later

You can control all NPCs or leave some for me to control it’s 100 percent up to you

We could iron it out later

By the way, how many players are we looking for?


We currently have 3 PC's. It's also best to send a reminder on the original OOC thread on Party House Murders 1 for a link for the original handlers to see, if they want to join. Haven is going to probably want a spot, though I can send the reminder myself. Aiming for about the same number of PC's from the original.
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"We can't afford a billboard, sir." - Moxxie from Helluva Boss (Also watch it, please. Brandon Rogers is on it.)

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:^

Excellent!

NPCs incorporated

I will post mine later

You can control all NPCs or leave some for me to control it’s 100 percent up to you

We could iron it out later

By the way, how many players are we looking for?


We currently have 3 PC's. It's also best to send a reminder on the original OOC thread on Party House Murders 1 for a link for the original handlers to see, if they want to join. Haven is going to probably want a spot, though I can send the reminder myself. Aiming for about the same number of PC's from the original.


I’ve already telegrammed Haven he says he’s in and will submit apps soon

He does seem to be very busy though

I will bump the previous now (good idea)
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6035
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
We currently have 3 PC's. It's also best to send a reminder on the original OOC thread on Party House Murders 1 for a link for the original handlers to see, if they want to join. Haven is going to probably want a spot, though I can send the reminder myself. Aiming for about the same number of PC's from the original.


I’ve already telegrammed Haven he says he’s in and will submit apps soon

He does seem to be very busy though

I will bump the previous now (good idea)


Alright, sounds good.
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"We can't afford a billboard, sir." - Moxxie from Helluva Boss (Also watch it, please. Brandon Rogers is on it.)

User avatar
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Minister
 
Posts: 2985
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Name: Ashley Lyons
Age: 18
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance: Image

Personality: Ashley is a sarcastic and somewhat shallow popular girl, opposed to most nerdy things. She notably has a wry sense of humor and considered by most to by the joker or clown of the mean girls clique. She is intelligent enough to be going to a better college next year, but not quite enough to have the reputation of a smart girl. Likewise, she plays soccer, but isn't a star at it or anything. In short, Ashley is mostly defined by the fact that she's just average or a little above in all things her friends are great at.

Likes: The Ocean, Fish, Boats, Soccer, Parties, and Driving
Dislikes: Reading, School (especially math), Her father

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:10 pm

Approved
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28702
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:45 am

NPCs that I will field for now (subject to change); it is possible that after further discussion (if it's deemed we have too many NPCs some could be cut on launch):

NPCs

Name: Paul Griffith
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Paul is short and chubby (slightly overweight), he has messy straw coloured hair, bright eyes and a slightly freckled face. He wears a green and blue stripped long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and sneakers.
Personality: Paul is a complete and total goofball who always strives to be the comedy act. This often involves him making lots of immature jokes, playing pranks on fellow students, or otherwise launching strange daredevil stunts. He has a tendency to be a bit immature and reckless. Paul wants to be popular and respected, which is why he came to this party; he hopes to prove he is not scared and that he is cool enough.
Likes: potato chips, alcohol, drugs
Dislikes: schoolwork, classroom discipline

Name: Mort Winters
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Mort wears a dark blue t shirt with an eagle on it; he wears green jeans and sneakers. He is a pale, somewhat scrawny teenager with messy dark hair and a tall nose.
Personality: Mort is a teen of many talents. He's known as the school artist but he also takes part in school dramas. Mort is moderately social, has a small circle of friends; he's always felt that something about his life was slightly Off and wished that there could be more to life, hence he has a bit of an adventurous side.
Likes: drawing and painting, drama, he's a movie enthusiast
Dislikes: sports

Name: Mary-Anne Paris
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Mary-Anne has long, red hair and large red lips. She has a waistline and large breasts and is considered a beauty queen at Pickering High. Mary-Anne wears a black sleeveless top that leaves very little to the imagination to the male gaze (there is considerable, but incomplete cleavage showing). She wears a short red dress and a pair of brown leather boots.
Personality: Mary-Anne is a mean-spirited class beauty queen; lazy, superficial, and with a tendency to step over others. She runs a powerful clique at the school and wants to take advantage of this party to earn tons of money. If she's lucky, she intends to seduce and take Scott Houghton as well because she's heard that he has tons and tons and tons of money... She's already rich but the richer the better (she already has a boyfriend but if there's a chance to trade further up...).
Likes: cigarettes, mainstream bands, movies, make up and nail polish
Dislikes: heights

Name: Rachel Coulter
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Rachel is a short girl with short girl with short brown hair, a large nose, and a tough face. She has a slightly athletic build. She wears a one piece blue dress to the party and a pair of boots.
Personality: Rachel is best described as Mary-Anne's second in command. Whatever Mary-Anne says, Rachel will be the first to agree with. She values her reputation above all else. Aside from that Rachel is known throughout Pickering as athletic amongst the girls. She's very good at volleyball.
Likes: volleyball, reality television, movies, drugs
Dislikes: video games

Name: Stansfield Lee
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Stansfield has dark hair, green eyes, and slightly tanned skin. He is tall and muscular. He wears a green T shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of sneakers.
Personality: Stansfield is an assertive, serious individual from a poor family background; he lives with his mother who is working a number of jobs to keep the family afloat. Stansfield himself is a hard worker and overachiever at school, works part time at the supermarket during the weekdays, looks after children over the weekends, and offers tutoring services for a fee to other students. He's actively involved in the local church as well though he has struggled with his faith in God and is presently unsure where he stands exactly (what he is sure though, is that the church provides a community and unifying function). He's open-minded about the supernatural but he's here to make some money.
Likes: sports, the news, cleanliness and order
Dislikes: immaturity, bullying

Name: Violet Clearwater
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Violet is a short woman with long dark hair and very white skin. She wears a long sleeved purple top to the party, black jeans, and sneakers.
Personality: Violet is a quiet and shy girl. Violet is a bit scared of the house because she does believe in ghosts (she claims to have seen a ghost at the age of 13 in her bedroom). Violet is glad that she was invited to the party because she has a secret crush on Mort Winters.
Likes: art, historical trivia, music
Dislikes: insects

...

This took quite a long time to create. I was pacing around in my room for a few hours with the music blasting. Several characters got written, deleted, written... AAARRRRGH....

This list may get revisited and changed tomorrow we will see...

Do we have too many NPCs now? Cutting is an option...

How big should this party be ideally? Thoughts?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
THIS IS WHY I PLAY VLADIMIR

Reincarnation and Successor of God Kefka +~4500 posts
Art Thread (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19679163)

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6035
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:NPCs that I will field for now (subject to change); it is possible that after further discussion (if it's deemed we have too many NPCs some could be cut on launch):

NPCs

Name: Paul Griffith
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Paul is short and chubby (slightly overweight), he has messy straw coloured hair, bright eyes and a slightly freckled face. He wears a green and blue stripped long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and sneakers.
Personality: Paul is a complete and total goofball who always strives to be the comedy act. This often involves him making lots of immature jokes, playing pranks on fellow students, or otherwise launching strange daredevil stunts. He has a tendency to be a bit immature and reckless. Paul wants to be popular and respected, which is why he came to this party; he hopes to prove he is not scared and that he is cool enough.
Likes: potato chips, alcohol, drugs
Dislikes: schoolwork, classroom discipline

Name: Mort Winters
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Mort wears a dark blue t shirt with an eagle on it; he wears green jeans and sneakers. He is a pale, somewhat scrawny teenager with messy dark hair and a tall nose.
Personality: Mort is a teen of many talents. He's known as the school artist but he also takes part in school dramas. Mort is moderately social, has a small circle of friends; he's always felt that something about his life was slightly Off and wished that there could be more to life, hence he has a bit of an adventurous side.
Likes: drawing and painting, drama, he's a movie enthusiast
Dislikes: sports

Name: Mary-Anne Paris
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Mary-Anne has long, red hair and large red lips. She has a waistline and large breasts and is considered a beauty queen at Pickering High. Mary-Anne wears a black sleeveless top that leaves very little to the imagination to the male gaze (there is considerable, but incomplete cleavage showing). She wears a short red dress and a pair of brown leather boots.
Personality: Mary-Anne is a mean-spirited class beauty queen; lazy, superficial, and with a tendency to step over others. She runs a powerful clique at the school and wants to take advantage of this party to earn tons of money. If she's lucky, she intends to seduce and take Scott Houghton as well because she's heard that he has tons and tons and tons of money... She's already rich but the richer the better (she already has a boyfriend but if there's a chance to trade further up...).
Likes: cigarettes, mainstream bands, movies, make up and nail polish
Dislikes: heights

Name: Rachel Coulter
Age: 17
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Rachel is a short girl with short girl with short brown hair, a large nose, and a tough face. She has a slightly athletic build. She wears a one piece blue dress to the party and a pair of boots.
Personality: Rachel is best described as Mary-Anne's second in command. Whatever Mary-Anne says, Rachel will be the first to agree with. She values her reputation above all else. Aside from that Rachel is known throughout Pickering as athletic amongst the girls. She's very good at volleyball.
Likes: volleyball, reality television, movies, drugs
Dislikes: video games

Name: Stansfield Lee
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Stansfield has dark hair, green eyes, and slightly tanned skin. He is tall and muscular. He wears a green T shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of sneakers.
Personality: Stansfield is an assertive, serious individual from a poor family background; he lives with his mother who is working a number of jobs to keep the family afloat. Stansfield himself is a hard worker and overachiever at school, works part time at the supermarket during the weekdays, looks after children over the weekends, and offers tutoring services for a fee to other students. He's actively involved in the local church as well though he has struggled with his faith in God and is presently unsure where he stands exactly (what he is sure though, is that the church provides a community and unifying function). He's open-minded about the supernatural but he's here to make some money.
Likes: sports, the news, cleanliness and order
Dislikes: immaturity, bullying

Name: Violet Clearwater
Age: 16
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Violet is a short woman with long dark hair and very white skin. She wears a long sleeved purple top to the party, black jeans, and sneakers.
Personality: Violet is a quiet and shy girl. Violet is a bit scared of the house because she does believe in ghosts (she claims to have seen a ghost at the age of 13 in her bedroom). Violet is glad that she was invited to the party because she has a secret crush on Mort Winters.
Likes: art, historical trivia, music
Dislikes: insects

...

This took quite a long time to create. I was pacing around in my room for a few hours with the music blasting. Several characters got written, deleted, written... AAARRRRGH....

This list may get revisited and changed tomorrow we will see...

Do we have too many NPCs now? Cutting is an option...

How big should this party be ideally? Thoughts?


We about 11 NPC's and about 4 PCs. That's more than the original cast of people from the original RP. It's best we don't add any more NPC's, since we already have a large amount of people attending the party at the Carballal Estate. You can delete some NPC's, but if we keeping some NPC's, I could do a "little something" in the RP that can make sure the kill count goes smoothly.. Ahem!

Let's take a look at our fine cast so far!
Hunter Kirby: (The Theorist)
Daylon Swartz: (The Okatu)
Ava Sinclair: (The Survivor)
Scott Houghton: (The Dick)
Patrick Walker: (The Fanatic)
Spencer Hopkins: (The Cliché)
Victoria Brooks: (The Goth)
Julia Stone: (The Outsider)
Ashley Lyons: (The Sarcastic)
Paul Griffith: (The Clown)
Mort Winters: (The Artist)
Mary-Anne Paris: (The Queen Wasp)
Rachel Coulter: (The Sidekick)
Stansfield Lee: (The Overachiever)
Violet Clearwater: (The Believer)

We have 15 students, though I wish to wait a while if anyone else wants to join in. Infected, I will allow your NPC's, though you're free to cut them down a bit if you feel like there are too many of them. But I got an idea that I wish to TG you, if you insist on keeping them.
Local 19 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week:
"We can't afford a billboard, sir." - Moxxie from Helluva Boss (Also watch it, please. Brandon Rogers is on it.)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Of the Quendi

Advertisement

Remove ads