NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] The Carbon-Light energy Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The Federated Provinces of the North
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] The Carbon-Light energy Act

Postby The Federated Provinces of the North » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:07 pm

The Carbon-light Energy Act

Regulation|Energy

Purpose:To regulate the means of which a nation can produce energy in an effort to reduce global carbon emissions.

Description: Recognising that providing additional funding and economic incentives towards the production of energy in a carbon-neutral or carbon-light way will encourage businesses to use carbon-light or carbon-neutral energy sources over carbon-heavy energy sources. These very same incentives will also encourage economic growth by creating a competitive and innovative environment.

Hereby requires governments to:

1.) Provide economic funding and incentives to encourage businesses to switch to and/or develop new methods of producing energy in a carbon-light or carbon-neutral fashion.

2.) Increase taxes on carbon-heavy energy sources (i.e. coal, oil, natural gas, etc.) in an effort to dissuade businesses from using and/or producing carbon-heavy energy sources.

3.) Create tax incentives for education systems who educate their students on carbon-light and carbon-neutral energy sources and production.

4.) Have at minimum 40% of your nation’s energy production produced by carbon-light and/or carbon-neutral energy sources by the end of the 5th fiscal year, starting on the day this act gets enacted.

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

About Replies

Postby The Federated Provinces of the North » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Seeing as I am relatively new here, I would like your honest opinion on this. If it's good, great. If it's bad, also great. In my opinion, mistakes are just as important as succeeding.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:14 pm

First, we’re not all on one planet. The WA is comprised of 10’s of thousands of nations on thousands of worlds.

Second, a lot of what you have here seems to be covered already in Resolution 357 Promotion of Clean Energy. viewtopic.php?p=27599850#p27599850

Your formatting looks ok though, even if this is illegal for duplication, so there is that. And you posted here first for debate, so you got that hurdle covered as well.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:22 am

OOC: I honestly thought this was about carbon filament light bulbs.

In addition to what GH said, you don't define carbon-light and carbon-heavy, so any reference to them is pretty moot. Also, where is that "purpose - description" format from? Several newbies have used it in their first drafts recently. It's not normal for GA proposals/resolutions.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federated Provinces of the North » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:23 am

About the description thing, I honestly just thought of that by myself. It’s probably school seeing as my English teacher would probably want me to specify what the description was.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 am

The Federated Provinces of the North wrote:About the description thing, I honestly just thought of that by myself. It’s probably school seeing as my English teacher would probably want me to specify what the description was.

OOC: I do keep telling people that GA proposals aren't school essays. :P

Are you familiar with the passed resolutions thread on this forum? It's easy to search with specific keywords (just remember that as long as the search function is concerned, "book" and "books" are completely unrelated words) or just prowl through. Reading through is suggested not just to see what all has already been dealt with, but also to see what resolutions are supposed to look like in terms of structure and formatting and language.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Terttia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Araraukar wrote:OOC: I honestly thought this was about carbon filament light bulbs.

I agree with this!
“Never was anything great achieved without danger.” -Niccolò Machiavelli

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:59 pm

Greenhouse gas emissions are dealt with in GA 445 "Greenhouse Cap and Trade Program".

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly