NATION

PASSWORD

Should zombies be granted rights?

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Athonuna
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Athonuna » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:31 pm

Blargoblarg wrote:Zombies are just humans who are sick, and they should be cured as soon as possible.

The only, tiny issue with that is that 'as soon as possible' in this situation is a long time. Just sayin'.
Current Accidental policies (Thanks, Pacomia): Corporal Punishment, Prudism, Child Labor (sort of)
Meme summarizing Athonuna, courtesy of Maori Moon
I'M A BIOLOGICAL MALE THAT DOES NOT THINK THAT HE'S A WOMAN!
NOR AM I KAZAKH ARGENTINA (You know who you are)
ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE!
That is all.

Abject Ludicrosity
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 01, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Abject Ludicrosity » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Troyskova wrote:Do zombies fit the criteria to be granted basic civil rights? I believe they do. What are your thoughts?

Yes, to a point. They obviously can't be allowed to roam free, but at the same time, they ought to be cured if possible, and not treated as a murderer if they acquired the ailment against their will.

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:32 pm

The Inkopolitian State wrote:
Oswen Ucha wrote:Zombies deserve the same rights as a serial killer, since they'd kill the same amount if they had the chance.

Aka none? Serial killers don't deserve rights either, they violate the NAP

Absent a post-scarcity society (wherein my consumption of a resource doesn't necessarily reduce the available of said resource to others), non-violation of the "NAP" is impossible. Ergo, all are condemned and rights don't exist.

This is an unacceptable outcome, so we should rather conclude that the NAP doesn't exist. Or, at least, that the version that begs the question by presuming a particular mode of scarcity resolution doesn't exist.
Last edited by Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPORTANT PRODUCT INFORMATION: While Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners have a smart navigation system that avoids obstacles, the robot may occasionally bump into furniture, objects, pets and ideological assumptions. Therefore, if you have special objects and assumptions that could potentially be damaged by the bumping, remove these objects and assumptions from the room or use boundary markers. Additionally, refrain from looking into laser vision system with remaining eye.

Athonuna
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Athonuna » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:36 pm

Abject Ludicrosity wrote:
Troyskova wrote:Do zombies fit the criteria to be granted basic civil rights? I believe they do. What are your thoughts?

Yes, to a point. They obviously can't be allowed to roam free, but at the same time, they ought to be cured if possible, and not treated as a murderer if they acquired the ailment against their will.

And who's going to stop them from roaming free? The only sane solution is to get rid of them until a cure can be researched.
Current Accidental policies (Thanks, Pacomia): Corporal Punishment, Prudism, Child Labor (sort of)
Meme summarizing Athonuna, courtesy of Maori Moon
I'M A BIOLOGICAL MALE THAT DOES NOT THINK THAT HE'S A WOMAN!
NOR AM I KAZAKH ARGENTINA (You know who you are)
ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE!
That is all.

Allemonde
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Allemonde » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:40 pm

No, they should be shot, beheaded and burned. Zombies aren't people, they're a evil menace of undead demons.
Last edited by Allemonde on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Inkopolitian State
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inkopolitian State » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:
The Inkopolitian State wrote:Aka none? Serial killers don't deserve rights either, they violate the NAP

Absent a post-scarcity society (wherein my consumption of a resource doesn't necessarily reduce the available of said resource to others), non-violation of the "NAP" is impossible. Ergo, all are condemned and rights don't exist.

This is an unacceptable outcome, so we should rather conclude that the NAP doesn't exist. Or, at least, that the version that begs the question by presuming a particular mode of scarcity resolution doesn't exist.

But shooting zombies and killing them all should still be legal and encouraged
/shrug
The State of Inkopolitia

Possessing major influence on Earth ever since the end of World War II, Inkopolitia is characterized by being the homeworld of the Inkling and Octoling races, and being an emerging superpower in an ever-polarizing world.

INKOPOLIS TIMES: The Southeast Asian region descends into anarchy as the governments collapse due to economic turmoil, the HZ-01 virus spreads, and the PRC and Indonesia begin bombing major Southeast Asian cities in an effort to quell the virus' spread. | Inkopolitia to shoot down any refugee watercraft coming from Asia-pacific amidst increased fears that HZ-01 could mutate over to Inklings and Octolings | Approval rates of President Artemia: 52%  |
Female. Almost 15. S+ in all Splat2 modes. In love with females

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:50 pm

The Inkopolitian State wrote:
Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:

But shooting zombies and killing them all should still be legal and encouraged
/shrug

If zombies don't carry any rights. Which I'll grant they probably don't. But the NAP probably has nothing to do with it.

Trolly cars, on the other hand; that's where it's at. Where's the build trolly cars option?
Last edited by Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPORTANT PRODUCT INFORMATION: While Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners have a smart navigation system that avoids obstacles, the robot may occasionally bump into furniture, objects, pets and ideological assumptions. Therefore, if you have special objects and assumptions that could potentially be damaged by the bumping, remove these objects and assumptions from the room or use boundary markers. Additionally, refrain from looking into laser vision system with remaining eye.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:57 pm

Are you telling me that you want to give rights to a dead thing that will probably eat you when you try to give it the certificate. Sure that Einstein thinking! :(

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 pm

Yes, they have the right to receive medical treatment and eventually, a effective cure. Once they are cured, they shall be fully reintegrated into society with all of their privileges reinstated.

The united American-Isreali empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:55 pm

never they kill only

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:57 pm

The united American-Isreali empire wrote:never they kill only

The virus can be cured, if the political will for such research exists. Hell, I myself have managed to cure several million after being hit by the missiles.
Last edited by Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

Should zombies be granted rights?

Postby Deacarsia » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Allemonde wrote:No, they should be shot, beheaded and burned. Zombies aren't people, they're a evil menace of undead demons.

Exactly.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Only civilized zombies which eat cow, sheep, dog, and goat brains should have rights.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Nope. And any notions like this are treason against the Shogunate.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

West Expon
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

UHHHHHHH

Postby West Expon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:36 pm

How do launch superweapons? I have my superweapons ready but it won't let me launch them.

Yahaba
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

BRAINZZZ!!!

Postby Yahaba » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:36 pm

No, because I don't want and excuse me for my language, cockrot.
Business only

West Expon
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

why

Postby West Expon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Seriously how do I launch superweapons?

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:43 pm

West Expon wrote:Seriously how do I launch superweapons?
You have to get someone else to cure you, your missiles only work on other people I'm sad to say
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:58 pm

Nobody has inalienable rights in Victorious Decepticons, only privileges. All Decepticon Citizens have full privileges as zombies as long as their mind-boards still work right. If they don't work right, we yank them into Debugging and fix that, just like with anyone else. This makes it so that a Decepticon zombie is even more deadly than a regular one, since he can keep functioning even if he gets blasted right through the engine.

Biological zombies also have the same privileges as regular biologicals here, which is to say, none. They were property in life and are property in death.

That said, overseers who might hold back from working a living human to death have no such restraint with zombies. Typically they are worked until they disintegrate too much to wield tools, at which point they are either cremated or are dried and ground up for use in Overseer's Zombie Dust, which is used to make zombies during seasons when they do not naturally rise.

Troyskova wrote:
Wisea wrote:Not until they're cured!

I understand, but are zombies not humans? They still possess the capabilities of a regular human.

Those who are humans are treated like any other humans. Which is to say, they are put to work in our mines as slaves. Zombies just need body-control chips to get them to work, since they aren't capable of learning the regular ways.

Also, our human zombies do NOT possess all of the capabilities of a regular human. They cannot think. Brains degrade quickly after death, zombified or not, and our zombies are of the undead variety. Hence the need for a body-control chip to get them to do anything useful.

If a human can still think, we generally do not consider it to be a zombie even if it has managed to catch some weird disease. The Biological Research Division can cure any mere disease with the next update of its Immunity Patch.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Allemonde
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Allemonde » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:21 pm

Damn it, I have more zombies than people. I keep getting infected by other nations in my region. I hate zombies.

The Fifth Federation
Attaché

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fifth Federation » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:22 pm

Perhaps not.

Pratihara
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pratihara » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:16 am

They have a Certificate of Death and hence have been removed from the Register of Citizens. And if you're not one of use, you're one of them. That means DIE

World War Z
Attaché

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby World War Z » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:40 am

Graaaaa Nllllaaaaaa!

*All we want is a hug. Is that too much to ask?* :kiss:

Holding Puppetry
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Holding Puppetry » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:42 am

Zombies? Given rights? Impossible! They can't even feel pain, suffering or have feelings, so they aren't really in need of rights.

However, they were people. If we cure them and turn them back into functioning citizens, they can be given their rights back. No man is guilty of being a zombie, too.

Big Octopus
Secretary

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Octopus » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:49 am

Firstly cure 'em.
Example.
You and 3 zombies (they can participate in elections of course) are hungry and you are choosing that is your current meal.
I guess, that 75% of respondents will vote for brains.
Spammy ancient horror, Dark Puppet Overlord and Fxtagning owner of Cthulhu Cola TM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center