NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: A Final Hope (OOC/Singups)[REBOOT/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Justenia
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Justenia » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:05 pm

Hey! I'm so glad this thing is back! I'm thinking of using my old character again. God it's so great to get another chance at this!

Justenia
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Justenia » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:48 pm

The APP
Name: Ceran Tavus
Allegiance paid to: The Jedi Order/Himself
Appearance (Picture preferred, if not, detailed description accepted):
ImageCeran stands at 5'11. He is lean yet toned.

Personality: Impulsive, courageous, melancholic but he covers it up with a cocky demeanor and a sense of humor. His greatest fear is failing those he cares about, and this fear was realized, breaking him to the core. He hides his depression with his humor and when he can't cope, he turns to the drink.
Force Sensitive: Y
Skills/Powers: A trained Jedi Knight, Ceran is an adept in lightsaber combat, proficient in Form 4 Ataru with moderate experience in Form 2 Makashi and Form 3 Soresu. He has a good affinity with the force but he holds back in fear of revealing his force sensitivity. He has a good understanding of how to use basic force powers including telekinesis, force speed, mind tricks, etc. Additionally, he is an able marksman and is competent with blasters. He is also capable of piloting ships.
Weaponry: Single blue bladed lightsaber, DL-18 Blaster Pistol
Ship: A recovered Star Courier
Length: 26.5 meters
Engine units: 2 thrusters

Biography: Born in 174 ABY to a middle-class family on Dantooine, Ceran was born during a time where the Tavus household was struggling financially. Coincidentally, the Jedi were looking for new recruits and discovered upon a three-year-old Ceran and found that he was force sensitive. Not wanting their only son to potentially experience poverty, Ceran's parents gave him to the Jedi.

When Ceran was a youngling, he was assigned to learn under Kel'Dor Jedi Master Vost Braga. Under the tutelage of Master Braga, Ceran quickly developed exceptional skill with the lightsaber and quickly learned force abilities. When he was a teenager, he took part in battles against the Coalition and diplomatic missions, like solving various local conflicts.

When the Vulpter Armistice was ratified, Ceran and Vost went into hiding. They weren't present in the Battle of Telos IV, instead they were still eluding the Alliance and the Coalition from planet to planet. During this time, Ceran and his master continued his personal training in the arts of the Jedi. Eventually, his master deemed him worthy of being a Jedi Knight and knighted him unofficially.

Ceran and his master had to learn how to survive as galactic drifters. They were taken in by a gang of smugglers called the Ivory Acklays, in which the pair learned how to be thieves and smugglers. Together they pulled off many jobs, stealing money and resources from other gangs and sabotaging Coalition outposts.

In one mission to sabotage a major Coalition outpost, Ceran was caught in the act and was forced to reveal the Ivory Acklays' whereabouts to save his own life. The Coalition then launched an assault, wiped out the entirety of the Ivory Acklays and spared Ceran in exchange. He ran to the Acklays' base and saw his master pinned beneath the debris. He tried to clear it, but he wasn't strong enough. He watched helplessly as his master slowly suffocated and died.

Having lost everyone he trusted, Ceran sunk into a deep depression. The Jedi, The Ivory Acklays, Master Vost Braga, they were all gone. He had no one he could go to and it was the consequence of his selfishness. Desperate to find hope and meaning in his life, he wanders across the galaxy, hoping to find another safe haven and/or a Jedi survivor.

RP Example:
Abruptly, I woke up to the thunderous sound of an explosion. I quickly ran out into the trenches and see the otherwise blue sky covered in smoke. I peeked over the trench into No Man’s Land and see the ocean of lifeless young men; their fearful, dead eyes staring into the abyss. The cold and wet mud in my boots caused immense discomfort, but it was nothing compared to what was happening. The rotting corpses exuded the smell of death as it permeated the air. I saw Charon sailing down to hell, claiming the souls of the dead.

All I thought of was how much I wanted to go home, a place that I knew I will never see again. The repetitive, rapid, rhythmic firing of the machine guns chipped away at my sanity, and the ear-splitting sounds of the explosions reminded me of how close death was. War is truly hell, and all I could’ve done was stay there.

The battlefield was colorless. The grey, lifeless sky was polluted by the smoke of battle. Trees were felled with every blast of a mortar. Blood contaminated the rivers. The fear around me was so palpable that I could almost smell its foul stench. In one moment a man would be running, and in the next, he would be in pieces. The things I saw were so horrible, even the Devil himself would surely scream in terror.

I heard the enemy tanks coming closer, stumbling through the dirt and my heart started to race. Beads of sweat started to slide down my forehead. I could’ve tried to run away, but that would’ve been pointless. I already knew that I was going to die. Then, out of nowhere, I heard the whistle. The whistle that signaled to go over the top. It felt as if time stood still. The fear of death conquered me and left me completely numb. I saw the other soldiers running out, and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I saw everything around me. Limbs were flying straight off people’s bodies, and their haunting shrieks of agony were scorched into my memory. I trembled and shivered at the very thought of going over the trench. My heart pounded on my chest like a hammer on an anvil, but then I mustered the courage to go over the top.

I finally ran out into No Man’s Land and kept running. All the explosions and gunfire were reduced to a mere hum in my mind. I should have died right then and there, but my fear of death kept me alive. I knew that death was inevitable, but my human instincts kept me going, as much as I didn’t want to. My heart pounded faster than the gallop of a horse, and the sounds of the roaring explosions were embedded in my mind. I wish I could escape this infernal place, but all I can do is keep running.

The smoke cleared and I saw the enemy. I fired my rifle, killing him. I kept running for my life, thinking I can avoid death, but deep inside I knew that death would arrive sooner or later. I stopped and took a look around me. I saw nothing but humanity’s failures. If God truly is in heaven, how can he let this happen here? Fine young men died with every passing moment, and I was going to join them. The enemy tanks started to come even closer, and I stood still. I had finally surrendered to death.

Notes:
Last edited by Justenia on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:09 pm

This RP is pretty dead.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Acerbez
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Acerbez » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Would definitely be inclined to app if this is still on going
Roleplay in Aeterna Publicae

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:40 am

It appears to be dead, but I keep hoping it isn't. Long live the thread...
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Acerbez
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Acerbez » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Well I suppose I'll check on it from time to time. Looked really promising!
Roleplay in Aeterna Publicae

Sivala
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sivala » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:50 pm

I would love to get in on this as a Mandalorian. If it's dead though, that's sad.
Last edited by Sivala on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:37 am

New Jedi Order RP Starting up

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=482339&p=36855023#p36855018
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse