NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates Regional Poll Creation Problem and Suggestion

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Miami Shores
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2008
Anarchy

Nationstates Regional Poll Creation Problem and Suggestion

Postby Miami Shores » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:59 pm

To the Moderators I am not sure if this thread post belongs on Technical or the Game Play forum, if so please move to the correct forum, thank you.

My nation's region is a private one nation region or just for my other nations as named, I hate the words puppet nations as they are all my nations, but I do have my main nations.

But all my regional polls are opened to all nations. The only problem I see with the create a poll options is we cant have more than one poll option to choose from, my suggestion is, we should be able to create polls with more than one poll option to choose from on the more criteria poll creation page on our regional polls. Their is no such option on the poll creation pages or the regional polls more criteria page.

We can post 5 or 10 options but we cant vote for more than one option.

We should be able to vote for more than one option.

Thank you.

Miami Shores.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
lol - I am the worlds greatest insomniac, I beat the worlds record every day. I love math statistics and accounting my profession. Retired home bought and paid for, own 2 rental properties. Many vacations in Miami Beach hotels, Niagara Falls Canada, Puerto Rico, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana Dominican Republic. I am not rich but I am not poor, over all not bad. Proud conservative Republican native Cuban and American citizen supporter of President Trump. President Ronald Reagan the greatest American President of the USA ever and the original Make America Great Again President. President Trump the second greatest American President of the USA ever.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:02 pm

This would be nice yeah. Would allow for us to do polls with nonexclusive options.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:49 am

This has been suggested before.... more than once.
Apparently the limitation is an inherent part of the forum software used, which the Admins don't want to tinker with too much because of potentially causing problems of some kind, so we're probably stuck with it unless & until a major upgrade is acquired.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:13 am

I would imagine forum polls on phoBB do not use the same software as the regional polls conducted in, say, IDU.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:28 am

pretty sure the forum already supports this anyway.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:05 am

Bears Armed wrote:This has been suggested before.... more than once.
Apparently the limitation is an inherent part of the forum software used, which the Admins don't want to tinker with too much because of potentially causing problems of some kind, so we're probably stuck with it unless & until a major upgrade is acquired.

To the Moderator Bears Armed:
Thank you for answering my question. But as Aclion says: Pretty sure the forum already supports this anyway.

Which it does, if it can be done in the forums it should be able to be done in the regions, granted it would probably be harder in the thousands of regions we have than in the forums.

Aclion:
viewtopic.php?p=36366117#p36366117
pretty sure the forum already supports this anyway.

Either way thank you for answering my question and for your time.

Miami Shores Alberto.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
lol - I am the worlds greatest insomniac, I beat the worlds record every day. I love math statistics and accounting my profession. Retired home bought and paid for, own 2 rental properties. Many vacations in Miami Beach hotels, Niagara Falls Canada, Puerto Rico, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana Dominican Republic. I am not rich but I am not poor, over all not bad. Proud conservative Republican native Cuban and American citizen supporter of President Trump. President Ronald Reagan the greatest American President of the USA ever and the original Make America Great Again President. President Trump the second greatest American President of the USA ever.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:41 am

Miami Shores wrote:To the Moderator Bears Armed:

Bears Armed is a GenSec member, not a moderator. Doesn't matter, because it's not a moderation matter. It takes an administrator to make changes in game code.

Miami Shores wrote:if it can be done in the forums it should be able to be done in the regions

Incorrect. The forum software is an independent package by phpBB. The regional poll code was created by NationStates admin [violet]. The two are unrelated. I don't even know if they are in the same computer language. Porting something from one copyrighted package to a different copyrighted package is not as simple as you apparently think.

Our volunteer admins have limited time for coding this free game, and they prioritize that time based on what they can create and what most players demand. This doesn't strike me as something in high demand. It may already be on the To Do list, but I doubt it's even in the top 100 of possible tasks. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to be implemented.

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:46 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:To the Moderator Bears Armed:

Bears Armed is a GenSec member, not a moderator. Doesn't matter, because it's not a moderation matter. It takes an administrator to make changes in game code.

Miami Shores wrote:if it can be done in the forums it should be able to be done in the regions

Incorrect. The forum software is an independent package by phpBB. The regional poll code was created by NationStates admin [violet]. The two are unrelated. I don't even know if they are in the same computer language. Porting something from one copyrighted package to a different copyrighted package is not as simple as you apparently think.

Our volunteer admins have limited time for coding this free game, and they prioritize that time based on what they can create and what most players demand. This doesn't strike me as something in high demand. It may already be on the To Do list, but I doubt it's even in the top 100 of possible tasks. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to be implemented.

Thank you Frisbeeteria for answering my questions.

Miami Shores Alberto.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical