NATION

PASSWORD

[ON HOLD] Regulating Sterilisation of Minors

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

[ON HOLD] Regulating Sterilisation of Minors

Postby East Meranopirus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Seeing as "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc." is set to pass, this is the draft for a replacement if a repeal is successful.
Recognising the irreversible nature of reproductive sterilisation;

Understanding that in the case of minors, this will permanently affect their adult life;

Resolving that sterilisation of minors must be reviewed independently for its necessity by qualified professionals;

The World Assembly hereby mandates that no sterilisation of minors shall be carried out in member nations unless it is deemed by two qualified and independent medical professionals to be necessary for the long term health and wellbeing of that person
Last edited by East Meranopirus on Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:00 am

OOC: I suggest defining sterilisation.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:23 am

“‘Long-term physical and mental health’ is excessive. Some people may be perfectly fine mentally with suffering from chronic pain, but should still be allowed to chose sterilisation. Ditto with people who would suffer severe mental effects from not having sterilisation, but would be fine physically.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: I suggest defining sterilisation.

Would "reproductive sterilisation" instead of "sterilisation" work for you?
Kenmoria wrote:“‘Long-term physical and mental health’ is excessive. Some people may be perfectly fine mentally with suffering from chronic pain, but should still be allowed to chose sterilisation. Ditto with people who would suffer severe mental effects from not having sterilisation, but would be fine physically.”

"We will consider this change, however we believe the examples you provide are very rare."

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:37 pm

East Meranopirus wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:“‘Long-term physical and mental health’ is excessive. Some people may be perfectly fine mentally with suffering from chronic pain, but should still be allowed to chose sterilisation. Ditto with people who would suffer severe mental effects from not having sterilisation, but would be fine physically.”

"We will consider this change, however we believe the examples you provide are very rare."

“I acknowledge they are rare, but that doesn’t mean that one ought not to consider these cases.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:48 am

Kenmoria wrote:
East Meranopirus wrote:"We will consider this change, however we believe the examples you provide are very rare."

“I acknowledge they are rare, but that doesn’t mean that one ought not to consider these cases.”

"I have changed the phrase from 'long term physical and mental health' to 'long term health and wellbeing'."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:11 pm

East Meranopirus wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:“Ditto with people who would suffer severe mental effects from not having sterilisation, but would be fine physically.”

OOC: *raises a hand and points to self* Not that rare when you take into account transgender folks, who would be more than happy to be rid of the wrong genitalia... and yes you can be trans when you're a child. I was. Still am. EDIT: Trans, that is, not child. Apparently I should not only not type when really tired but also when I've just woken up...
Last edited by Araraukar on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly