NATION

PASSWORD

Season 2 Trading Cards?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
User avatar
Dominant Oppressors
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Season 2 Trading Cards?

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:26 am

Does anyone know if/when new trading cards will be released (season 2)? Thanks in advance and may God bless you all!

User avatar
Saurian Nations
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Dec 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Saurian Nations » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:30 am

Nobody knows / When Season 2 is coming / Nobody knows / But Violet

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1515
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:34 am

We could speculate, and I think it will happen in Christmas, cards will become an annual christmas thing, after all, NS didnt have a christmas event. Also this probably needs to be in Trading Cards forum.
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, and GA#477

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
PolitiStates Result
Pro:Laissez-faire, Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, Same-sex marriage, United Ireland.
Anti:Extreme Progressivism, Abortion, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.
A high school student aged 15 from Ireland, living in Co. Dublin. Interested in politics, gaming, and history.

User avatar
Dominant Oppressors
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:45 am

Saurian Nations wrote:Nobody knows / When Season 2 is coming / Nobody knows / But Violet


Somebody must know, max berry? Someone! But, yeah, you are probably right!

User avatar
Dominant Oppressors
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:47 am

Marxist Germany wrote:We could speculate, and I think it will happen in Christmas, cards will become an annual christmas thing, after all, NS didnt have a christmas event. Also this probably needs to be in Trading Cards forum.

I like that idea, I do hope so, it would be cool and a nice Christmas gift from the game! Thanks for your input!

User avatar
Blargoblarg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1149
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blargoblarg » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:52 pm

I'm sure they won't tell us when season 2 starts until it happens. I hope it's soon, I've got a bunch of nations in my dossier that have no cards yet, and I'm hoping those nations don't CTE before season 2 starts.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" -Douglas Adams
Check out my Season 2 NS trading cards selling/buying thread!
Bernie 2020
Progressive policies are popular with the majority of the American people.

User avatar
Dominant Oppressors
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:03 am

Blargoblarg wrote:I'm sure they won't tell us when season 2 starts until it happens. I hope it's soon, I've got a bunch of nations in my dossier that have no cards yet, and I'm hoping those nations don't CTE before season 2 starts.

I hoe so too, thanks for contributing! You are probably right, they most likely won’t tell us ipuntil then!

User avatar
Refuge Isle
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 155
Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:11 am

Best guess, based on cloud movement and tea leaves, is that it will be the beginning of December or mid December. Of course it's all up to [v], but the opinions I've picked up from staff members over the last year is that anything less doesn't let the season run for a full year. So, beyond that just about whether the original AF run time will contribute, whether the launch date should be adjusted to be more convenient for administration,

or whether S2 will be created at all ;)

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 24061
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Refuge Isle wrote:... but the opinions I've picked up from staff members over the last year ...

Speaking as a staff member, I can assure you that you've picked up no accurate guesses from me. I play the game as a player, as do several other staff members on all levels of staff (Mods, admins, IEs, GenSec, Mentors). The only thing I can tell you for certain is that I can't tell you anything for certain, because none of us knows diddly. [v] made the point that she wouldn't tell us anything.

[violet] will release Season 2 if and when it suits her, and not a moment before. If there is any advance notice, staff won't hear about it before anyone else. We don't want or need any unfair advantages.

User avatar
Refuge Isle
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 155
Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:34 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Refuge Isle wrote:... but the opinions I've picked up from staff members over the last year ...

Speaking as a staff member, I can assure you that you've picked up no accurate guesses from me. I play the game as a player, as do several other staff members on all levels of staff (Mods, admins, IEs, GenSec, Mentors). The only thing I can tell you for certain is that I can't tell you anything for certain, because none of us knows diddly. [v] made the point that she wouldn't tell us anything.

[violet] will release Season 2 if and when it suits her, and not a moment before. If there is any advance notice, staff won't hear about it before anyone else. We don't want or need any unfair advantages.

:roll: I never said that wasn't the case, in fact I explicitly stated that it was.

What I was indicating was my perceptions of informal and un-influencial opinions that have come up in the times where this question has been here before or the question has come into the chat. People who are on the staff have been incredulous about the idea of arguably "early" launches of S2 for the reasons I have stated. That is all.

User avatar
Luziyca
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34955
Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 am

It will only come when [violet] says so. Could be tomorrow, could be next week, next month, next year, next decade, or hell, even next century.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
[22:00] <Lanos> nobody here in ESQ should be proud to be somehow remotely related to Luziyca
IIwikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for four years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

User avatar
Dominant Oppressors
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:36 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Refuge Isle wrote:... but the opinions I've picked up from staff members over the last year ...

Speaking as a staff member, I can assure you that you've picked up no accurate guesses from me. I play the game as a player, as do several other staff members on all levels of staff (Mods, admins, IEs, GenSec, Mentors). The only thing I can tell you for certain is that I can't tell you anything for certain, because none of us knows diddly. [v] made the point that she wouldn't tell us anything.

[violet] will release Season 2 if and when it suits her, and not a moment before. If there is any advance notice, staff won't hear about it before anyone else. We don't want or need any unfair advantages.

Indeed only [violet] knows! Thanks for weighing in though!

User avatar
Dominant Oppressors
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 am

Refuge Isle wrote:Best guess, based on cloud movement and tea leaves, is that it will be the beginning of December or mid December. Of course it's all up to [v], but the opinions I've picked up from staff members over the last year is that anything less doesn't let the season run for a full year. So, beyond that just about whether the original AF run time will contribute, whether the launch date should be adjusted to be more convenient for administration,

or whether S2 will be created at all ;)

Cool! Good point re-full year!

User avatar
Dominant Oppressors
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 am

Luziyca wrote:It will only come when [violet] says so. Could be tomorrow, could be next week, next month, next year, next decade, or hell, even next century.

Next century? Maybe?

User avatar
Rainengrad
Secretary
 
Posts: 37
Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rainengrad » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am

Rather than when it's going to come, because we all wish it would, i would like to know if S2 (or any other season) will introduce flag updating. I stopped using ripples for my flags because they look cleaner, however the card flag is fixed so, stuck with the old one.

Hell, ex-nation cards automatically get their flags removed and regions changed to ''Ex-Nation''. Flag updating could even be automatic, though maybe there would be limitations with the sheer traffic of updates and that's why they haven't added it yet. However that could be simply restricted so there's a number of updates per minute/hour. Updates would be put in a line, and people would have to wait for it, but it would be better than having the card stay like that forever.

You could also make it manual to reduce the traffic, and only update the cards of those who request so, enabling the traffic funnel if necessary too. It could be free or you could charge an accessible amount of bank, say 1.00-5.00 bank for updating a card's appearance.

Don't know if stats/nation classification/motto/region are also fixed, but if they are they should be included on the update. They're mere text, so they're probably simpler to manage than the flags.

Correct me if i'm wrong anywhere.
Last edited by Rainengrad on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
RCNN News: May 13th. I know you're watching this thing. The robots have come and frozen everyone's memories, then the passing of time, to keep us in this time and age, as we are, for all of eternity. I know there must be someone else in this country who endures living the same day over and over again. If you live in the capital, and notice anything that wasn't like that yesterday, please follow the lead. Come find me. You're not alone.

Class O14 Civilization
Ruled by Her Highness, President Wiffen Niemeyer, since Year 425
NS-Stats to be ignored.

User avatar
9003
Envoy
 
Posts: 222
Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby 9003 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am

Rainengrad wrote:Rather than when it's going to come, because we all wish it would, i would like to know if S2 (or any other season) will introduce flag updating. I stopped using ripples for my flags because they look cleaner, however the card flag is fixed so, stuck with the old one.

Hell, ex-nation cards automatically get their flags removed and regions changed to ''Ex-Nation''. Flag updating could even be automatic, though maybe there would be limitations with the sheer traffic of updates and that's why they haven't added it yet. However that could be simply restricted so there's a number of updates per minute/hour. Updates would be put in a line, and people would have to wait for it, but it would be better than having the card stay like that forever.

You could also make it manual to reduce the traffic, and only update the cards of those who request so, enabling the traffic funnel if necessary too. It could be free or you could charge an accessible amount of bank, say 1.00-5.00 bank for updating a card's appearance.

Don't know if stats/nation classification/motto/region are also fixed, but if they are they should be included on the update. They're mere text, so they're probably simpler to manage than the flags.

Correct me if i'm wrong anywhere.


Ex nations got the ex nation flag due to a small (amazing) oversight that the server doesn't hold the image of CTEd nation's

And stats are fixed and were taken at the snapshot. Tho I would love to see a grace period to pick your flag for s2
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

User avatar
Ballotonia
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5350
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ballotonia » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:52 pm

9003 wrote:Ex nations got the ex nation flag due to a small (amazing) oversight that the server doesn't hold the image of CTEd nation's

And stats are fixed and were taken at the snapshot. Tho I would love to see a grace period to pick your flag for s2


When the game was showing cards which were tracking the state of nations 'live', cards were already showing ex-nation flags for CTE'd nations. Similarly when players changed flags, the card would be updated accordingly. When the cards were 'set' last December the cards remained with whatever flag they were showing at that time. And for a bunch of nations that meant ex-nation flags.

As far as not having prior flags... For your nation I see a red eye on a black background (two small uploads, one bigger) in 2013, a flag showing a wolf on black background with two red vertical stripes on the sides, etc...

Ballotonia
"Een volk dat voor tirannen zwicht zal meer dan lijf en goed verliezen, dan dooft het licht…" -- H.M. van Randwijk

User avatar
Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24168
Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:49 am

How many users even utilize the cards feature?
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

User avatar
Fauzjhia
Envoy
 
Posts: 261
Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:48 am

Arumdaum wrote:How many users even utilize the cards feature?


There are not many traders.
there are self-collectors like me. And a few big farmers. who will take like every opportunity to make a profit. Small players, as much as I try to join them and tell them I'm buying cards for very high price. do not answer/reply to me. despite multiple attempt to join them.

User avatar
Canyamel
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Canyamel » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:20 am

Fauzjhia wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:How many users even utilize the cards feature?


There are not many traders.
there are self-collectors like me. And a few big farmers. who will take like every opportunity to make a profit. Small players, as much as I try to join them and tell them I'm buying cards for very high price. do not answer/reply to me. despite multiple attempt to join them.

I think there are some traders, but some of them only put bids in cards nobody is selling, so they need to wait for the card they want. You need to think that some of the nations that have a card no longer exist and new nations don't have a card, so they don't trade cards as much as they would like if they could buy/sell actual cards.
For the point of small and big traders, some people have commented their ideas here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=468327
Maybe some of those ideas will be in the next season, let's hope we helped the devs with that post.

User avatar
Mediobogdum
Envoy
 
Posts: 225
Founded: Jun 04, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mediobogdum » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Season 2 must be starting soon as all my collection now have a small red "1" added in the top right hand corner when viewed in the Collection.
Medio
ElderGrump Sage, Lord of Doll Guldur, Knight of The Sacred Order, Rabbit Clan Chieftain

User avatar
SherpDaWerp
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 190
Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SherpDaWerp » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:13 pm

Season 2 is here! Opinions on the new card style, anyone?
Personally, I prefer S1 and expected them to stay the same, so this is interesting. The new cards also show economic output, which is nice.
I have the No Sex policy. For clarification: recreational sex is allowed, just not reproductive sex.
OOC: High school student who should almost definitely be doing assignments instead


Orteil, AKA the person who made Cookie Clicker, wrote:mankind thinks it’s so great but i bet if dolphins started a civilization they’d come up with a microwave with a goddamn mute button
Link for this one is here

User avatar
Harmonic Empire
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 420
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Harmonic Empire » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:34 pm

SherpDaWerp wrote:Season 2 is here! Opinions on the new card style, anyone?
Personally, I prefer S1 and expected them to stay the same, so this is interesting. The new cards also show economic output, which is nice.


Nyeh S2 style look stylish and gucchi
♛ | ♛ | ♛ HARMONISKA IMPERIET ♛ | ♛ | ♛
FanT set in a world of ungodly overpowered beings. NS stats are not used. RETCONNING
Yverdepedia - Map of our world - ADL - IC Flag 2 - I made something.
Intermarium Nyheter: (2-12-1581) Talks with separatists break down; separatist leader Duke Eirik Dorgon, survivor from losing faction of Scarlet War, chose to push forth rebellion; Grand Empress Ylva sends General Regeus Henox to help Emperor Rangvald quell the separatists. | Harmonia pressures German Empire and Gerean tribes to call a truce after 2 weeks of skirmishes.
Be sure to check Terra Britania's works

User avatar
Gopnikea
Envoy
 
Posts: 268
Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Gopnikea » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:02 pm

I like the look of the new cards. I mean, both card seasons look great, but I much prefer the new one. (not because Gopnikea from Rare to Ultra Rare)

But just one thing, the second season does not include that brief description for the nation like the first one did. But still, the design is slightly better than the first one.
Last edited by Gopnikea on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Blargoblarg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1149
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blargoblarg » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:16 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:Season 2 is here! Opinions on the new card style, anyone?
Personally, I prefer S1 and expected them to stay the same, so this is interesting. The new cards also show economic output, which is nice.

I think the new style looks better than the Season 1 style. I'm kinda disappointed that my card will be an Epic again. I was hoping it would drop to rare or something so it would be less sought after and less expensive for me to buy.
Last edited by Blargoblarg on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" -Douglas Adams
Check out my Season 2 NS trading cards selling/buying thread!
Bernie 2020
Progressive policies are popular with the majority of the American people.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Britannios, Monkelandd

Advertisement

Remove ads