NATION

PASSWORD

A Desperate Plea (MT, TG for Entry)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Republica De Gran Chaco
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:48 am

Allegarra, The Shrailleeni Empire

The old man smiled at hearing what he now realized was a young man’s voice. The child rambled incoherently about something or other. The old man did not catch the beginning of what the child had said. The boy than began staring out of the window nervously so the old man said, “That’s so nice young one. Here I have a present for you.”

He reached into his robes and pulled out an object wrapped in wax paper. He unwrapped it and peeled off some taffy that he had traded some animal teeth for. He placed it in the boy’s hand, “This is called candy, it is nice and sweet. You may eat it. It was made by some very skilled confectionaries who gave it to me for three monkey’s teeth. Do you have monkeys where you come from young one?”
كان التيز سمين

Arachkya
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:36 am

Republica De Gran Chaco wrote: Allegarra, The Shrailleeni Empire

The old man smiled at hearing what he now realized was a young man’s voice. The child rambled incoherently about something or other. The old man did not catch the beginning of what the child had said. The boy than began staring out of the window nervously so the old man said, “That’s so nice young one. Here I have a present for you.”

He reached into his robes and pulled out an object wrapped in wax paper. He unwrapped it and peeled off some taffy that he had traded some animal teeth for. He placed it in the boy’s hand, “This is called candy, it is nice and sweet. You may eat it. It was made by some very skilled confectionaries who gave it to me for three monkey’s teeth. Do you have monkeys where you come from young one?”

Arlan shakes his head as he holds the candy saying: "No, we have very few animal things in our country, and I have something for you as well", as he hands back a little bottle filled with a very strong alcoholic beverage, acting as if it is the most normal thing in the world.

After all, drinking is a very popular, and legal form of youth entertainment in Arachkya after his father came to power.

And starting at age 12, kids can pretty much do as they please.
There is no divine feminine.

My nations policies are not economic, but a deliberate attempt to kill of the spirits and the sacred forests of the Pagan rebels.

My nation does NOT represent my RL views.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:29 am

Arachkya wrote:Gaius followed the conversation as Enya just stood silent for a while as the warrior says: "Small arms, and people, vehicles are impossible, since all fuel supplies are controlled by the government, and we do not want to damage our forests even further, and we would appreciate the gesture, but I think our own clergy just need more training, since much of the old rituals where lost with the death of our high priestesses"

And during this time it is Arlan Kentohr who stands next to the old man as he murmurs: "Is it me or are men viewed as the servants of he women here?, that is what father used to scream in his sleep, no idea why, he just kept yelling "Women are not incharge anymore'' and ''I am not a part of you'' and ''Don't eat me you false goddess!'', all night, I used to wear earplugs'', as he casually sways from one foot to the other, staring at a teen aged boy on a billboard outside the same way a toddler looks at a candy store.

Gravet nodded as he replied to Gaius, "yes I see your point, but there is only so much that small arms can do against enemy armor, and especially air power. Perhaps we might send you some warbirds," he said almost as an afterthought, but then continued. "There are other options of course. In the face of overwhelming force, retreat may be a viable option. We have heard of camps located on the border. Would it be possible to raid these camps to free your people? Her Enlightened Majesty would be more than willing to offer you a safe haven here."

"We have our own old rituals," the High Priestess said, addressing the other comment. "The universal truths are known and kept across great divides. We could well be of assistance."
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Arachkya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:54 am

The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:
Arachkya wrote:Gaius followed the conversation as Enya just stood silent for a while as the warrior says: "Small arms, and people, vehicles are impossible, since all fuel supplies are controlled by the government, and we do not want to damage our forests even further, and we would appreciate the gesture, but I think our own clergy just need more training, since much of the old rituals where lost with the death of our high priestesses"

And during this time it is Arlan Kentohr who stands next to the old man as he murmurs: "Is it me or are men viewed as the servants of he women here?, that is what father used to scream in his sleep, no idea why, he just kept yelling "Women are not incharge anymore'' and ''I am not a part of you'' and ''Don't eat me you false goddess!'', all night, I used to wear earplugs'', as he casually sways from one foot to the other, staring at a teen aged boy on a billboard outside the same way a toddler looks at a candy store.

Gravet nodded as he replied to Gaius, "yes I see your point, but there is only so much that small arms can do against enemy armor, and especially air power. Perhaps we might send you some warbirds," he said almost as an afterthought, but then continued. "There are other options of course. In the face of overwhelming force, retreat may be a viable option. We have heard of camps located on the border. Would it be possible to raid these camps to free your people? Her Enlightened Majesty would be more than willing to offer you a safe haven here."

"We have our own old rituals," the High Priestess said, addressing the other comment. "The universal truths are known and kept across great divides. We could well be of assistance."

"I think we just need light anti-aircraft guns, manpads and ATGW,s, once the mercenaries see they are not invulnerable they will leave, and the regular soldiers are not as battle hardened, so that should give us a chance, provided we can put up some economic sanctions against the regime"Gaius confidently says as Enya nod as well and says: "Good, may I ask what you use for the rituals?, incense types, crystal types etc"

My nations policies are not economic, but a deliberate attempt to kill of the spirits and the sacred forests of the Pagan rebels.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:16 am

Arachkya wrote:"I think we just need light anti-aircraft guns, manpads and ATGW,s, once the mercenaries see they are not invulnerable they will leave, and the regular soldiers are not as battle hardened, so that should give us a chance, provided we can put up some economic sanctions against the regime"Gaius confidently says as Enya nod as well and says: "Good, may I ask what you use for the rituals?, incense types, crystal types etc"

"If you're certain," Agent Gravet replied to Gaius, clearly unimpressed by his apparent confidence. "We can certainly supply you with all of those, as well as heavy machine guns, rifles and other small arms, perhaps swords to replace your own melee equipment. Explosives such as grenades and mines as well. That is, as many of these as you think we can smuggle into the country. But we should not underestimate the value of applying pressure directly against the government. Raids would accomplish this, indeed even small force may be able to launch a considerably successful assault."

He gestured to the quiet woman from Foreign Affairs, and she produced a folder containing the public information available on Arachkya. "Arash Kentohr may believe that he has created an impenetrable border, but his thinking is woefully outdated. A concentrated assault on static positions would certainly be enough to get his attention, perhaps enough to take the pressure off of your people or even enough to scare him into coming to the negotiating table."

The High Priestess, meanwhile, was discussing the particulars of ritual cleansing with Enya.

"Different branches of our Orders have different philosophies on this," she was explaining. "Your people will know what is best in your own forests, but I suspect that the rituals of the Temple of the Forest-Mother will be the most useful to you. This involves the evocation of the Mother through the life-force of the forest, its 'living breath.' They utilize a ritual knife to define a space around the ritual site, as well as drum beats and the burning of special bark. To counter the evil that you speak of will require the devotion of a great deal of energy as well, in the form of dance."
Ask Me Anything IC
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Arachkya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:06 am

Arachkya wrote:"I think we just need light anti-aircraft guns, manpads and ATGW,s, once the mercenaries see they are not invulnerable they will leave, and the regular soldiers are not as battle hardened, so that should give us a chance, provided we can put up some economic sanctions against the regime"Gaius confidently says as Enya nod as well and says: "Good, may I ask what you use for the rituals?, incense types, crystal types etc"

"If you're certain," Agent Gravet replied to Gaius, clearly unimpressed by his apparent confidence. "We can certainly supply you with all of those, as well as heavy machine guns, rifles and other small arms, perhaps swords to replace your own melee equipment. Explosives such as grenades and mines as well. That is, as many of these as you think we can smuggle into the country. But we should not underestimate the value of applying pressure directly against the government. Raids would accomplish this, indeed even small force may be able to launch a considerably successful assault."

He gestured to the quiet woman from Foreign Affairs, and she produced a folder containing the public information available on Arachkya. "Arash Kentohr may believe that he has created an impenetrable border, but his thinking is woefully outdated. A concentrated assault on static positions would certainly be enough to get his attention, perhaps enough to take the pressure off of your people or even enough to scare him into coming to the negotiating table."

The High Priestess, meanwhile, was discussing the particulars of ritual cleansing with Enya.

"Different branches of our Orders have different philosophies on this," she was explaining. "Your people will know what is best in your own forests, but I suspect that the rituals of the Temple of the Forest-Mother will be the most useful to you. This involves the evocation of the Mother through the life-force of the forest, its 'living breath.' They utilize a ritual knife to define a space around the ritual site, as well as drum beats and the burning of special bark. To counter the evil that you speak of will require the devotion of a great deal of energy as well, in the form of dance."

''Or it will make the tyrant believe he is being invaded, and then he will throw everything he has at us, and against my people, maybe even yours, no, I believe that rebel actions and sanctions will be better, the man is insane, he will probably unleash his full arsenal upon your nation, use caution', but yes, the weapons will be a great way to resist him, and his mercenaries' Gaius warns as he feels sweat on his back, knowing full well what horrors the regime is capable off.

"Dance, I would love to make that work" Enya says as she seems more confident, as she goes on saying: "I am sure we can share a few things that will help the both of us, and mother earth", as they see Arlan is swaying his hips in an almost womanly way, as he seems relaxed and grounded.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:32 am

Arachkya wrote:

''Or it will make the tyrant believe he is being invaded, and then he will throw everything he has at us, and against my people, maybe even yours, no, I believe that rebel actions and sanctions will be better, the man is insane, he will probably unleash his full arsenal upon your nation, use caution', but yes, the weapons will be a great way to resist him, and his mercenaries' Gaius warns as he feels sweat on his back, knowing full well what horrors the regime is capable off.

"Dance, I would love to make that work" Enya says as she seems more confident, as she goes on saying: "I am sure we can share a few things that will help the both of us, and mother earth", as they see Arlan is swaying his hips in an almost womanly way, as he seems relaxed and grounded.

"I see your point, I see your point," Gravet replied, putting a hand up. And he did. There was no doubt in his mind that Shrailleen could win an easy victory against Arachkya, but they did not necessarily have the assets for a full invasion at the moment and if the man really was that unstable, he could well attempt to destroy the rebel population even at the expense of a defeat on the field. Now Gaius was speaking his language, so to speak. "Don't worry about us, we can handle ourselves. We are no strangers to madmen and tyrants. It seems like every year or so some new despot decides that we or some other peaceful matriarchy 'oppress men' and need to be destroyed. Usually the ones who themselves commit the worse oppressions you've ever seen. Besides, you and I are proof of their ignorance," he smiled and waved a hand as if to dismiss such men completely.

"We are the sword that protects those without protection," the woman from Foreign Affairs said with the tone of this being a common saying.

"We have never been defeated," he continued, "and hopefully we can extend that streak to you. We can supply ocean transport, it will obviously fall to your people to smuggle the weapons into the country. How many do you think you can handle?"

The High Priestess replied to Enya, "I am certain that we can. We are all Children of the Mother, and She will not abandon us."
Ask Me Anything IC

Arachkya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:57 am

The Shrailleeni Empire
"What about the MEN, no offense but there are a lot of people in my country who just do not want women in charge, they want the best leader, no matter their gender or sex, so i am curious, are the men in your country subservient to the women?" Gaius asks as he feels hesitant, feeling this question may end their friendship, as he tries to keep calm, and stay composed.

Enya then smiles as she says: "What about the men?, sorry but the boy has asked me over and over, what about the men?, are women more divine?, are men inferior?, and so on, it was rather frustrating, though he seemed convinced that a Goddess was inherently a force that oppresses men, 2 guesses why that is..."
Last edited by Arachkya on Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Arachkya wrote:The Shrailleeni Empire
"What about the MEN, no offense but there are a lot of people in my country who just do not want women in charge, they want the best leader, no matter their gender or sex, so i am curious, are the men in your country subservient to the women?" Gaius asks as he feels hesitant, feeling this question may end their friendship, as he tries to keep calm, and stay composed.

Enya then smiles as she says: "What about the men?, sorry but the boy has asked me over and over, what about the men?, are women more divine?, are men inferior?, and so on, it was rather frustrating, though he seemed convinced that a Goddess was inherently a force that oppresses men, 2 guesses why that is..."

"Ah," Gravet replied, sounding somewhat disappointed. "A common misconception, I'm afraid. We certainly are not subservient in the way that women in the world's many patriarchal cultures are, reduced to a sad state of near-slavery. And I have to say that's an odd turn of phrase, to say that 'many people just do not want women in charge.' I wonder, would you say the same of men?" He eyed the man suspiciously now.

"Of course men are not inferior," the High Priestess replied, more warmly than the SISI officer had. "We are all the Children of the Goddess, our souls come from the same source, the Enlightened Path is meant for all of us. All humankind is of the same essence, placed into these different molds that we call bodies, our mortal flesh. Our biologies determine much for us, but they do not change the perfect nature of the soul. The Goddess might have made only Woman, a being like Herself capable of bringing life into this world unaided. But She, in Her wisdom, made Humankind instead. For there is only one Goddess. To Woman and to Man She has made different but equal destinies, both capable of following Her Enlightened Path and both capable of enriching and developing humanity."

"If I may, My Mother," the young woman from Foreign Affairs said softly. When a nod was received, she continued. "In Shrailleen we have built our society around the Enlightened Path. It isn't a religious doctrine to have mostly female leadership, we've just found that it's easier that way. We've had Prince-Regents in charge of the country on occasion, the Foreign Minister is a man, and now everyone has the right to vote and serve in the NISA as well," she explained cheerfully. "Professor Retlek Yaserra, a prominent sociologist at Mother University, wrote a treatise that we in Foreign Affairs sometimes use as a cultural brochure. He titled it 'The Matriarchal Male.' It's worth a read if you have the time."
Ask Me Anything IC

Arachkya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:39 am

"Ah," Gravet replied, sounding somewhat disappointed. "A common misconception, I'm afraid. We certainly are not subservient in the way that women in the world's many patriarchal cultures are, reduced to a sad state of near-slavery. And I have to say that's an odd turn of phrase, to say that 'many people just do not want women in charge.' I wonder, would you say the same of men?" He eyed the man suspiciously now.

"Of course men are not inferior," the High Priestess replied, more warmly than the SISI officer had. "We are all the Children of the Goddess, our souls come from the same source, the Enlightened Path is meant for all of us. All humankind is of the same essence, placed into these different molds that we call bodies, our mortal flesh. Our biologies determine much for us, but they do not change the perfect nature of the soul. The Goddess might have made only Woman, a being like Herself capable of bringing life into this world unaided. But She, in Her wisdom, made Humankind instead. For there is only one Goddess. To Woman and to Man She has made different but equal destinies, both capable of following Her Enlightened Path and both capable of enriching and developing humanity."

"If I may, My Mother," the young woman from Foreign Affairs said softly. When a nod was received, she continued. "In Shrailleen we have built our society around the Enlightened Path. It isn't a religious doctrine to have mostly female leadership, we've just found that it's easier that way. We've had Prince-Regents in charge of the country on occasion, the Foreign Minister is a man, and now everyone has the right to vote and serve in the NISA as well," she explained cheerfully. "Professor Retlek Yaserra, a prominent sociologist at Mother University, wrote a treatise that we in Foreign Affairs sometimes use as a cultural brochure. He titled it 'The Matriarchal Male.' It's worth a read if you have the time."

"It depends, many say that women often blame men for everything, and that they treat maculinity as if it is some sort of toxic demon blood that needs to be shunned, and that men can not handle being in charge" Gaius says as he sighs and says: "And its always the androgynous men who end up as the victims, and with our tribes it was the best person who is put in charge, no matter things like age, or gender, or ehh sexuallity", as he looks at Arlan.

"I Read that, but does that not make men subservient to women, constantly berated and humiliated by scornful mothers who use them as a target to vent their anger about ''the patriarchy'', and forgive me for contradicting you but women can not give life unaided they still need a man, and I am sure many patriarchal societies use the same excuses to hold on to power while they use puppet figures to maintain a facade of equality, because it clearly states that men and boys are nothing but an extension of women, almost like servants, maybe even slaves, I mean what if I do not want to be a husband OR a father?, hmmm?, it portrays being subserviant to women as a good thing, as if women are better and more divine than men, and they are NOT!, it is just as bad as the other way around, and if i had the choice I would rather just DIE" Arlan sneers softly as he glares at the high priestess with fear and anger and Enya just states at him, frozen, baffled, and unable to speak.

OOC:Read the brochure, and sorry, but its scary as ....
Last edited by Arachkya on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:50 am

Arachkya wrote:

"It depends, many say that women often blame men for everything, and that they treat maculinity as if it is some sort of toxic demon blood that needs to be shunned, and that men can not handle being in charge" Gaius says as he sighs and says: "And its always the androgynous men who end up as the victims, and with our tribes it was the best person who is put in charge, no matter things like age, or gender, or ehh sexuallity", as he looks at Arlan.

"I Read that, but does that not make men subservient to women, constantly berated and humiliated by scornful mothers who use them as a target to vent their anger about ''the patriarchy'', and forgive me for contradicting you but women can not give life unaided they still need a man, and I am sure many patriarchal societies use the same excuses to hold on to power while they use puppet figures to maintain a facade of equality, because it clearly states that men and boys are nothing but an extension of women, almost like servants, maybe even slaves, I mean what if I do not want to be a husband OR a father?, hmmm?, it portrays being subserviant to women as a good thing, as if women are better and more divine than men, and they are NOT!, it is just as bad as the other way around, and if i had the choice I would rather just DIE" Arlan sneers softly as he glares at the high priestess with fear and anger and Enya just states at him, frozen, baffled, and unable to speak.

OOC:Read the brochure, and sorry, but its scary as ....

"Now see here young man, you are speaking to the High Priestess of the Temple!" Gravet said sharply. "Have you not been taught to show respect to your elders? Why don't you listen and learn instead of speaking about things of which you clearly know nothing."

"Gravet, please," the High Priestess admonished him. "You have made your offers My Child. This young person has been through a great deal, and clearly has had ideas planted in his head. Remember your compassion. You do not need to cause offense to our guests on my account."

"I-" Gravet looked at Arlan dispassionately, but nodded his head. "Yes My Mother. Perhaps I spoke too hastily. I apologize young Arlan."

"As do I," the High Priestess said gently, "if I have not spoken plainly and clearly to you. If you recall, I said that
The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:the Goddess might have made only Woman, a being like Herself capable of bringing life into this world unaided. But She, in Her wisdom, made Humankind instead.
Man and Woman are two halves of the whole that is humanity. Family is the foundation of any society, the creation and growth of the next generation is how we as humans grow and proceed into the future. You have considered Man, let us now consider Woman. The same virtues attributed to Man hold true for his Sisters. We are daughters, sisters, wives, and mothers. No more or less than men, we are called to be respectful, contributive, compassionate, honest, supportive, brave, nurturing, selfless, and guiding. It is our duty to love and support our fathers, our husbands, and our children. How could a woman create life without her partner? How could the children of slaves grow to be compassionate and honest people? What kind of mother would not do anything for her son, who she brought forth into this world?"

"My Child," she continued, "the Mother creates us each with Her own hand. You know that you do not need to marry a woman to be a husband, nor through a mother become a father. Our ideals, the virtues that we are taught, are open to all people."
Ask Me Anything IC

Arachkya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:07 am

The Shrailleeni Empire
"Sorry you lost me" Arlan says as Enya seems confused and the young man seems even more scared and nervous, as he says: "I just, never mind, I am not into women ok?, and I will never obey them, or anybody else" as Enya says: "Sorry he has a very negative view on women in charge"

OOC:PS:I lived it and it was not pleasant.
Last edited by Arachkya on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:01 pm

On board the HMCS Valiant

While the discussions happened in the Shrailleeni Empire, the Valiant had just left Ruunfield Harbor for her transit to the Imperial Naval Yard of Vrenetesse, following the shipping charts and sticking to international waters. Taking nothing to chance, the lookouts scanned the horizon and skies for potential threats to the battleship and its VIPs. Her twelve main guns were on standby, as were her missiles and CIWS banks, ready to act on any threat that dared to challenge the might of the Royal Cretian Navy, until they reached the safety of Shrailleeni waters.

Henrietta sat in the stateroom with her husband and her friend and handmaiden Aurailia, talking with the Grand Inquisitor and the High Pontiff. Asriel was left at the palace with a friend of the crown.

"It's still so hard to believe that Cretian citizens and Canonists are getting slaughtered as a result of their attempting to shelter these people..." she said with a hefty sigh, looking down at the ground.

"I know... It could happen again, too. It's a matter of giving these people the safe haven and assistance they need in these troubling times." Mauer said, looking at the TV across from them, as Cretian News Network was talking about the public outrage over the earlier news of the butchered Canonists and Cretians.

"Father Hans and that little girl of the other faith are prepared to speak before an International Council seeking to condemn the aggressors for war crimes and the needless killing of innocent people. A case will be made as soon as the faction behind these unjust acts is identified." Holy Sir Alfred of Curon, the Grand Inquisitor, remarked as he noticed the slightly distant looks on both of the Royals.

"Yes, but... what if things go sour? I don't want to die if we get caught in a crossfire." She said somewhat shakily, a bit scared.

"I would gladly give my life to prevent that from happening." Auralia said.

"As would I, Your Royal Majesty." Holy Sir Alfred said as well.

"Thank you. I admit, I'm not exactly prepared for negotiations under these circumstances." Henrietta said as she brushed a bit of hair out of her eyes.

"Neither am I, but I will participate in this meeting regardless. GOD will bless us and protect us, as Azrael will shelter us in his wings and protect us with his blade." Aeden II said. It took Auralia a minute to say something in response.

"Well, it will take us the better part of a few hours to a day to get there, so we have some time before we arrive. I think we all have time to get ourselves prepared for this." she finally said.

"Of course, Auralia. You're right." Mauer said honestly, before looking back to the TV.
Last edited by Mackjaracotavon on Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is on my nation's front page does not reflect my nation in rp. It follows its own distinct lore that is separate from what is defined by the "issues" choices.

Kingom of Cretia, total monarchy founded in the Middle Ages and remains unchanged to this day.
All factbooks (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mac ... l=factbook) are works in progress and subject to changes or retcons.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:31 am

"Sorry you lost me" Arlan says as Enya seems confused and the young man seems even more scared and nervous, as he says: "I just, never mind, I am not into women ok?, and I will never obey them, or anybody else" as Enya says: "Sorry he has a very negative view on women in charge"

"Trust, once lost, can be difficult to regain," the High Priestess responded knowingly. "It is unfortunate that you have experienced such things in your life that have damaged your ability to depend on other people. But we all must rely on obedience to others at some time in our lives. If we did not trust our teachers or our doctors, we may struggle to learn or heal. Is that not so?"

"In our language, we often speak metaphorically. That is why Woman and woman are in Railti different words, as are Man and man, Sister and sister, Brother and brother. Only by following the Enlightened Path can we reach the ideal state. Those who reject the Path, even women, are prone to corruption. We owe obedience only to those who have demonstrated that they are worthy of it, by walking in the Light of the Goddess."
Ask Me Anything IC

Arachkya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:44 am

"Trust, once lost, can be difficult to regain," the High Priestess responded knowingly. "It is unfortunate that you have experienced such things in your life that have damaged your ability to depend on other people. But we all must rely on obedience to others at some time in our lives. If we did not trust our teachers or our doctors, we may struggle to learn or heal. Is that not so?"

"In our language, we often speak metaphorically. That is why Woman and woman are in Railti different words, as are Man and man, Sister and sister, Brother and brother. Only by following the Enlightened Path can we reach the ideal state. Those who reject the Path, even women, are prone to corruption. We owe obedience only to those who have demonstrated that they are worthy of it, by walking in the Light of the Goddess."[/quote

"Maybe, I don't know, I just do not think women are more holy than men, but I think I am just intimidated by this whole, civilization, sorry but the idea of powerful women is not very positively viewed in my country", making Enya smile as she says: "Probably because you have never met the right lady yet, and the people of our country has a habit of taking everything literary, which tends to complicate matters"
Last edited by Arachkya on Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Arachkya wrote:"Maybe, I don't know, I just do not think women are more holy than men, but I think I am just intimidated by this whole, civilization, sorry but the idea of powerful women is not very positively viewed in my country", making Enya smile as she says: "Probably because you have never met the right lady yet, and the people of our country has a habit of taking everything literary, which tends to complicate matters"

"Do not worry," the woman from Foreign Affairs said gently, "that is why the women and men of our foreign service are trained to convey ideas in a more literal and straightforward manner. It is not always successful, but we have made great improvements over the last century."

"It is not our belief that women are more holy than men," the High Priestess continued, "just that these two of the sexes are naturally inclined toward different, equal, and complimentary roles in society. For many reasons our nation has often seen women assume positions of authority, but that does to mean that we believe men incapable. For example, I count many men among the highest positions of the Ancient Temple in the land, wise and Enlightened men who guide our people along the Goddess's Path with great knowledge and compassion. The longer that you spend among us, the more that you will understand the complexities of our society and the truth of our faith."

"As you say My Mother," Gravet spoke up again. "I can assure you as a senior SISI analyst that I do not feel spiritually inferior or superior to any other Shrailleeni. I find the very idea mildly insulting, if I'm being honest. There will be many men and women in any force of advisers that we send back to your nation, and I should hope that you will respect their authority regardless of their genders. I'm surprised that there is such a dislike of women leadership in a nation with a culture and history such as yours."
Ask Me Anything IC

Arachkya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:21 pm

Arachkya wrote:"Maybe, I don't know, I just do not think women are more holy than men, but I think I am just intimidated by this whole, civilization, sorry but the idea of powerful women is not very positively viewed in my country", making Enya smile as she says: "Probably because you have never met the right lady yet, and the people of our country has a habit of taking everything literary, which tends to complicate matters"

"Do not worry," the woman from Foreign Affairs said gently, "that is why the women and men of our foreign service are trained to convey ideas in a more literal and straightforward manner. It is not always successful, but we have made great improvements over the last century."

"It is not our belief that women are more holy than men," the High Priestess continued, "just that these two of the sexes are naturally inclined toward different, equal, and complimentary roles in society. For many reasons our nation has often seen women assume positions of authority, but that does to mean that we believe men incapable. For example, I count many men among the highest positions of the Ancient Temple in the land, wise and Enlightened men who guide our people along the Goddess's Path with great knowledge and compassion. The longer that you spend among us, the more that you will understand the complexities of our society and the truth of our faith."

"As you say My Mother," Gravet spoke up again. "I can assure you as a senior SISI analyst that I do not feel spiritually inferior or superior to any other Shrailleeni. I find the very idea mildly insulting, if I'm being honest. There will be many men and women in any force of advisers that we send back to your nation, and I should hope that you will respect their authority regardless of their genders. I'm surprised that there is such a dislike of women leadership in a nation with a culture and history such as yours."

"Well it is mostly the young man, who became more ambitious over the years leading up to the great purge, which briought many new ideas into our lands, and this has left many with the idea that the old ways where to focused on the feminine, disregarding the masculine in the process" Enya says as she sighs and Gaius nods, as the young man just watches and listens.
Last edited by Arachkya on Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents