NATION

PASSWORD

Are you a top or a bottom?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2019
Tyranny by Majority

Are you a top or a bottom?

Postby Jim the Baptist » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:40 am

OK so serious question. When you make a Milo, do you put the chocolate powder at the bottom of the cup before the milk, or at the top after the milk?
I don't mind both, making me somewhat versatile. I also like to layer mine, putting some at the bottom and then extra in after the milk but predominantly on top, making me a sort of "vers-top".
What's your style and do you use any alternatives to Milo as well?

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:42 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_(drink)

So it's chocolate milk from powder, right?
The Blaatschapen should resign

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2019
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_(drink)

So it's chocolate milk from powder, right?

That's right. Players outside Australia may also know it as chocolate or cocoa powder, although I'm m not necessarily referring specifically to that. I'm also open to comments about any drinks like a powder protein shake etc.

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:46 am

I'm in New Zealand so I get it, I'm a bottom. I love being a bottom tbh, it's great to just let the white stuff go all over and get it nice and soaked in. I don't know how tops do it, too much effort if you ask me.
Last edited by Drongonia on Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antidawetid
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Antidawetid » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:51 am

In New Zealand we also have Milo, but I don't drink it that often. More commonly I have powdered coffee or bagged tea.

In the case of powdered coffee, I first put the powder into the cup and then fill it with water. This way, some powder already starts to dissolve, and the dissolution gets easier as you continue to add water. If I put the powder after the water, I notice that it is not easy to dissolve: the bottom part of the powder form a chunk with the surface of the water, while the top remains dry.

The case of bagged tea is similar: once you put the bag and pour water over it, the tea already starts to make contact with the water. Inversely, if you try to put the bag into the water, the bag just floats and you have to use an external force to push it in (I used a chopstick).

The same logic can be applied to paste-like condiments, like miso.
Last edited by Antidawetid on Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello. It is me, Dùkzàjcā́, and I will dominate your life. For eternity.
This nation does not reflect my views. If it does yours, please immediately contact your mental doctor for an emergency appointment.

Traditional Chinese — master race

The United Kingdom of The British Isles wrote:Asphalt with extra cement flavouring.

P = AN/VA/FA/AS/FS/BL/KO/SZ/NG/KY
Poll: Would you live under Antidawetid?

Ant Publithordia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ant Publithordia » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:56 am

I'm a bottom.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:59 am

I haven't had that sort of thing in almost two decades, but I imagine I'd put it in after.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Aaraksburg
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aaraksburg » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:08 am

I’m a bottom, there’s something fun in seeing the milk wash over the cocoa powder, besides, if I just added the milk first I might forget that I was making milo and drink it as it is.
Imperial Free City of Aaraksburg, the Emerald of the West

All declarations of war on the city of Aaraksburg is a declaration of war on the Kingdom of Lyrannia and its colonies.

Antidawetid
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antidawetid » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:14 am

Aaraksburg wrote:I’m a bottom, there’s something fun in seeing the milk wash over the cocoa powder, besides, if I just added the milk first I might forget that I was making milo and drink it as it is.

Once I tried adding the water first before the powder, the powder formed chunks, so I broke them up, but still some didn't dissolve, so I choked on the powder.
This nation does not reflect my views. If it does yours, please immediately contact your mental doctor for an emergency appointment.

The United Kingdom of The British Isles wrote:Asphalt with extra cement flavouring.

Conifer Grove
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Conifer Grove » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:18 am

The gay in me is largely disappointed by this thread

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:18 am

Powder in the dry cup, add a small amount of (cold) liquid. Dissolve the powder,
Add the (rest of) hot liquid.
Whip up some foam.

Antidawetid
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antidawetid » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:20 am

Thepeopl wrote:Powder in the dry cup, add a small amount of (cold) liquid. Dissolve the powder,
Add the (rest of) hot liquid.
Whip up some foam.

Where do you get the foam from? As something other than the powder and water?

Samadhi
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Samadhi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:26 am

Water and alcohol are the only beverages I consume.

I wonder if milo would go well with baileys
18 and female
Voluntaryist.
Enjoys watching social democrats act like authoritarian hell states are that much worse than them.
It's all slavery baby.
Proud cat mum, I love Snowy and Hijinks.

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:27 am

Samadhi wrote:Water and alcohol are the only beverages I consume.

I wonder if milo would go well with baileys

My friend, the answer is yes!

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:43 am

Well this is an interesting thread. I wonder if this is intentional
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:47 am

Saw the thread title. Disappointed for two reasons: first, that I won't get to report it in moderation for violating PG-13; second, that I won't get to see some answers to the actual question that everyone expected.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:49 am

The New California Republic wrote:Saw the thread title. Disappointed for two reasons: first, that I won't get to report it in moderation for violating PG-13; second, that I won't get to see some answers to the actual question that everyone expected.

Yes, sorry, but I guess there is only one way to find out what people are ;) :blush:
The Blaatschapen should resign

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:52 am

Conifer Grove wrote:The gay in me is largely disappointed by this thread

I'm relieved to have read this thread after noticing its title in the lists. :blush:

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 am

Conifer Grove wrote:The gay in me is largely disappointed by this thread

Tbh....I was expecting this to be PG-13 but eh, I see that I've wandered too far into the internet.

Anyway, milo? Have yet to get the beverage in years, but if I were to make it I put the powders before the milk or boiled water, so yeah, bottom. I've yet to see people around me doing the opposite though, so I guess trying the other one can be a fun game?

When I was making other drinks such as powdered milk or occasionaly, powdered coffee, I follow similar steps. Powder first, liquids later. In case of bagged tea though, sometimes I put the bag after the hot liquid and then kind of pushing it up and down until the beverage looks dark brown enough for my taste (or mood).

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:07 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Saw the thread title. Disappointed for two reasons: first, that I won't get to report it in moderation for violating PG-13; second, that I won't get to see some answers to the actual question that everyone expected.

Yes, sorry, but I guess there is only one way to find out what people are ;) :blush:

Sleeping my way through NationStates isn't an option. ;)
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Aerilia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 19, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aerilia » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 am

For a cold Milo I place the Milo on top after the milk, but I add Nesquik at the bottom so that once I finish the Milo I have chocolate milk leftover, it's much better that way.

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 am

The New California Republic wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Sleeping my way through NationStates isn't an option. ;)

Ok, what are you talking about?
You'll never find out by just sleeping.
Last edited by Thepeopl on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaraksburg
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aaraksburg » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:15 am

Antidawetid wrote:
Aaraksburg wrote:I’m a bottom, there’s something fun in seeing the milk wash over the cocoa powder, besides, if I just added the milk first I might forget that I was making milo and drink it as it is.

Once I tried adding the water first before the powder, the powder formed chunks, so I broke them up, but still some didn't dissolve, so I choked on the powder.

I once choked on milk, but that can be attributed to the fact that someone had the gall to tell a good but situational joke at the right time. Not to mention that said joke is one of those that are able to stop a dinner in its tracks.
Imperial Free City of Aaraksburg, the Emerald of the West

All declarations of war on the city of Aaraksburg is a declaration of war on the Kingdom of Lyrannia and its colonies.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:16 am

Thepeopl wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Sleeping my way through NationStates isn't an option. ;)

Ok, what are you talking about?
You'll never find out by just sleeping.

Yeah not what I meant. But anyway...

Wave on, wave on

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Servilis » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:25 am

NSFW Response
I was hoping to uncover a question on said intercourse preferences, but no, I uncovered this, thanks OP, but I will say I am in fact, a bottom, being a top is just hard work.

/skip

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General