NATION

PASSWORD

The Solar System hasn't been fully discovered, and why.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Legendary Island of Atlantis
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Solar System hasn't been fully discovered, and why.

Postby Legendary Island of Atlantis » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:51 pm

While Project Starshot aims at taking photos of a planet around the nearest star, there are still many places undiscovered in our Solar System besides just the oceans on Europa. Many debated future projects include the Europa submarine, and aircrafts in the clouds of Venus.

1) The martian ice caps have yet to be explored. My NationState is creating a robotic probe to either the Martian Polar Ice Caps and/or the icy crater. This probe will be launched in 2020 and arrive in 2023.

2) There has never been any photos of the cloudy atmosphere of a gas giant on the planet itself. My NationState is building a probe to explore the cloud tops on either Jupiter or Saturn by the year 2049.

3) There have yet to be landers on any of the outer moons besides Titan. My NationState plans to fund the project for landers on both Titan and Europa. My NationState is working for projects to send rovers to the following moons; Io, Ganymede, Callisto, and Enceladus. All of these missions are planned for the late 2030s and 2040s.

4) There has never been a land rover on Mercury. While my NationState is not interested in this planet, it will fill in the gap if nobody else cares. It'll take pictures of the planet's dark surface, much like as would happen with our moon 'Luna'.

5) My NationState plans a sequel to Project Starshot. That project is heading towards Proxima, which is a red dwarf. My NationState is going to use the same technology to send a swarm of probes to chase planets around Alpha Centauri A & Alpha Centauri B and take pictures of the planets and the two suns as viewed from the orbit of those planets. This will be launched on the date photos of the Proxima system reach Earth.

All of these are important.

Terabithya
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Terabithya » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:55 am

Not to forget the tenth planet Eris. While all the other planets and their (spherical) moons have been visited by spacecraft, no probe was ever sent to Eris. That is especially important since we know little about its moon Dysnomia. We don't know whether it is irregular like an asteroid or equilibirum-shaped (spherical) like Pluto's moon Charon and if they're tidally locked to each other too. Eris itself is similar to Pluto and Neptune's moon Triton. It probably also has a dynamic surface and interior geology that needs to be explored. It is more massive than Pluto and its surface gravity is about 30% stronger than Pluto's. Fortunately America established a time frame when they could launch a probe to Eris-Dysnomia. It would be very good if they launch one to the outermost-known planet. And then there's a possible eleventh planet even much farther beyond (on average about 5 times as far as the Eris aphelion) which of course must be explored too. If it exists and is discovered, one should send a probe there. It might actually be no planet but a primordial black hole, thus we could finally have the chance to perhaps send a probe into a black hole. It must be fast enough of course in order to not become "spaghettified" and torn apart. It might discover planets orbiting the black hole if it has any. The planet or black hole is said to have 5-15 Earth masses and it's likely that it has a moon resp. planet.
Last edited by Terabithya on Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:37 am

Code: Select all
!

The Great Bountiful Empire of TurtleShroom is thrilled by your creative, unique, and beneficial endeavors to outer space. Our space programs, public and private, would be honored to participate in sending money, resources, satellites, and more to assert dominance with you in the tents of Heaven!
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Return to Factbooks and National Information