NATION

PASSWORD

What is America's breaking point?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Tokora
Diplomat
 
Posts: 686
Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Democratic Socialists

What is America's breaking point?

Postby Tokora » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:07 pm

Simple question, what action would trump have to commit for Americans to decide enough is enough and remove him by force. And I don't mean angry phone calls to senators, I mean rioting in the streets, serious calls for secession, and a mob marching in DC with members of the military taking their side.

What boneheaded move would Trump and his allies need to make for the American people to lose all patience and take action against the government for once in their lives? What would be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Personally I don't have that much faith in the American people. I honestly believe that Trump could declare himself president for life, repeal the first amendment, reinstate segregation, openly deny the holocaust, publicly execute political enemies, place hispanics in death camps, invade Greenland, invite Russian troops, and make pineapple pizza the national food, and Americans would still stare at their screens drooling and completely indifferent to the world around them.
Last edited by Tokora on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32895
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:08 pm

Well this thread will go well...

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Senator
 
Posts: 4790
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:09 pm

If trump declared that being named Robert or matt made you a loser and low energy and that the punishment for being named Robert or matt was death. Since every one knows a Robert or a matt, it would affect us all and every one would riot.

Beyond that ridiculous scenario, I don't know what it would take to make a majority of Americans rebel. Even during the American revolution, a minority was involved in the conflict.I hope the trump presidency ends peacefully because while I think he's a dick, I don't wanna see Americans kill each other in another civil war
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
political compass:

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38
pro: marijuana, gun rights, private property, and sexy brown women

anti: fascism, communism, islamism, sexism, pan africanism, La raza, Warren Police Department (and most of the other police departments of metro Detroit except for Auburn Hills. They're aight), gun control, trump, obama, bush, clinton, reagan, carter, chipotle and snotty in crowd teens. Ugh I can't deal with them
Half Lebanese, Half Puerto Rican. All american. Not Kurdish at all.

User avatar
Deltia-
Secretary
 
Posts: 28
Founded: Jul 13, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Deltia- » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Quite simple. Another shutdown.
Federal Empire of Deltia | Bundskaizerriik Avontiken
A federal constitutional monarchy in Central Europe that's pretty much a cyberpunk re-incarnation of the German Empire.

I am nice to everyone I meet as I don't want to feel like a jackass in the case that they died tomorrow.

PMT-FT gang
Quick YL/AL thing for me
Would you live in Deltia
Deltia's NS stats accidentally got in the way of a few drunk supersoldiers

(03/10/2022)Der Weld: BREAKING NEWS: Americans, Aussies and Taiwanese beat back PRC from Taipei Now Playing:Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You

User avatar
Tokora
Diplomat
 
Posts: 686
Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tokora » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:Well this thread will go well...

I honestly don't expect Trump to be stupid enough to commit (insert action here), we're not that lucky. I just want to ask if Americans are even capable of taking back their government if the need ever arose, not that it didn't a hundred times before in the past only to be answered with complete and utter apathy.
Last edited by Tokora on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Polends
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Sep 09, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polends » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:13 pm

he would have to act like a communist or fascist which he is doing neither of now everything you listed in your thing would never happen. im a trump supporter and hispanic but i actually wanna have rational discussion about things instead of angrily typing stuff at people

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4167
Founded: May 23, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pacomia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Polends wrote:he would have to act like a communist or fascist which he is doing neither of now everything you listed in your thing would never happen. im a trump supporter and hispanic but i actually wanna have rational discussion about things instead of angrily typing stuff at people

If you want to have a rational discussion without any angry typing, NSG might not be the place for you.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: Capitalism, No Internet, No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem
Both the far left and far right are equally insane.
GLORY TO CASCADIA I’m a socialist. it’s different from communism. NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
CURRENT HDI: 0.87547 (similar to Malta)
Also known as Dollar Store Kowani_________#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Tokora
Diplomat
 
Posts: 686
Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tokora » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Polends wrote:he would have to act like a communist or fascist which he is doing neither of now everything you listed in your thing would never happen. im a trump supporter and hispanic but i actually wanna have rational discussion about things instead of angrily typing stuff at people

The list was just a worst case scenario to show how little faith I have for Americans to have a better attention span than a goldfish, let alone the will to act on it.

User avatar
Heloin
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7506
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Heloin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:18 pm

Tokora wrote:Simple question, what action would trump have to commit for Americans to decide enough is enough and remove him by force. And I don't mean angry phone calls to senators, I mean rioting in the streets, serious calls for secession, and a mob marching in DC with members of the military taking their side.

What boneheaded move would Trump and his allies need to make for the American people to lose all patience and take action against the government for once in their lives? What would be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Say he's voting Democrat (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Personally I don't have that much faith in the American people. I honestly believe that Trump could declare himself president for life, repeal the first amendment, reinstate segregation, openly deny the holocaust, publicly execute political enemies, place hispanics in death camps, invade Greenland, invite Russian troops, and make pineapple pizza the national food, and Americans would still stare at their screens drooling and completely indifferent to the world around them.

Sounds like you being a bit hyperbolic.
"Don't waste any time mourning. Organize!" - Joe Hill

Rabbit and Rhodie Girl in her 20's. Proudly Zimbabwean, living in sunny and humid Florida. Industrial Workers of the World
I love Rugby. Go Springboks, Go Sables! Singing Queen of NSG. I draw things. Take a look!

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 97051
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Put Ivanka's face on the statue of liberty.


which would be an improvement, but I digress.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30641
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby San Lumen » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Tokora wrote:Simple question, what action would trump have to commit for Americans to decide enough is enough and remove him by force. And I don't mean angry phone calls to senators, I mean rioting in the streets, serious calls for secession, and a mob marching in DC with members of the military taking their side.

What boneheaded move would Trump and his allies need to make for the American people to lose all patience and take action against the government for once in their lives? What would be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Personally I don't have that much faith in the American people. I honestly believe that Trump could declare himself president for life, repeal the first amendment, reinstate segregation, openly deny the holocaust, publicly execute political enemies, place hispanics in death camps, invade Greenland, invite Russian troops, and make pineapple pizza the national food, and Americans would still stare at their screens drooling and completely indifferent to the world around them.

Republicans in the senate won't ever convict him as they fear primary challengers.

User avatar
Bombadil
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10722
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bombadil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:26 pm

To be entirely fair I think a good portion of the right felt this way about Obama, that the left would excuse him for anything, that he was bringing about a race war, that he was secretly a Muslim.. I'm not talking to equivalency in the veracity of these beliefs, simply that people were relatively apocalyptic in their anger - I mean there was the whole Don't Tread On Me movement alone.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

User avatar
New haven america
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32191
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby New haven america » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Nothing.

Almost everyone's content now that we've entered a period of Panem Et Circenses, and aren't willing to actually commit to any form of social change because they're more worried about rent or getting to pay for Netflix. (And the one's who are can't gain any following or set up a social hierarchy and plan moving forward) Trump could declare the country a dictatorship and I doubt anyone would actually care as long as it doesn't affect their work hours/pay.
Last edited by New haven america on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2020

That's all folks~

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Senator
 
Posts: 4790
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Bombadil wrote:To be entirely fair I think a good portion of the right felt this way about Obama, that the left would excuse him for anything, that he was bringing about a race war, that he was secretly a Muslim.. I'm not talking to equivalency in the veracity of these beliefs, simply that people were relatively apocalyptic in their anger - I mean there was the whole Don't Tread On Me movement alone.


The apocalypse will not be caused by trump. If anything, the decline of our society caused the trump presidency. He's a result of our civilization degenerating into a dark age. Not the man who made it happen
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
political compass:

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38
pro: marijuana, gun rights, private property, and sexy brown women

anti: fascism, communism, islamism, sexism, pan africanism, La raza, Warren Police Department (and most of the other police departments of metro Detroit except for Auburn Hills. They're aight), gun control, trump, obama, bush, clinton, reagan, carter, chipotle and snotty in crowd teens. Ugh I can't deal with them
Half Lebanese, Half Puerto Rican. All american. Not Kurdish at all.

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Senator
 
Posts: 4790
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:57 pm

I know what would cause an uprising against the government. I finally figured it out

Imagine that trump likes the music of 2 live crew and decides that their songs will be broadcast over the municipal tornado sirens 24/7 every week of the year. If you know anything about their music, it's that the beats are fire but the lyrical subject matter can induce projectile vomiting. People get tired of hearing all kinds of nasty and disgusting material being broadcast at full volume day and night in their neighborhoods and finally just go insane and begin destroying everything before the US comes crashing down
political compass:

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38
pro: marijuana, gun rights, private property, and sexy brown women

anti: fascism, communism, islamism, sexism, pan africanism, La raza, Warren Police Department (and most of the other police departments of metro Detroit except for Auburn Hills. They're aight), gun control, trump, obama, bush, clinton, reagan, carter, chipotle and snotty in crowd teens. Ugh I can't deal with them
Half Lebanese, Half Puerto Rican. All american. Not Kurdish at all.

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5180
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:00 pm

New haven america wrote:Nothing.

Almost everyone's content now that we've entered a period of Panem Et Circenses, and aren't willing to actually commit to any form of social change because they're more worried about rent or getting to pay for Netflix. (And the one's who are can't gain any following or set up a social hierarchy and plan moving forward) Trump could declare the country a dictatorship and I doubt anyone would actually care as long as it doesn't affect their work hours/pay.


Pretty much this.

Rojava Free State wrote:
Bombadil wrote:To be entirely fair I think a good portion of the right felt this way about Obama, that the left would excuse him for anything, that he was bringing about a race war, that he was secretly a Muslim.. I'm not talking to equivalency in the veracity of these beliefs, simply that people were relatively apocalyptic in their anger - I mean there was the whole Don't Tread On Me movement alone.


The apocalypse will not be caused by trump. If anything, the decline of our society caused the trump presidency. He's a result of our civilization degenerating into a dark age. Not the man who made it happen


Very much so. Trump is the inevitable result of the last 25-30 years of politics and media.
Last edited by Nakena on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian
Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Senator
 
Posts: 4790
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Nakena wrote:
New haven america wrote:Nothing.

Almost everyone's content now that we've entered a period of Panem Et Circenses, and aren't willing to actually commit to any form of social change because they're more worried about rent or getting to pay for Netflix. (And the one's who are can't gain any following or set up a social hierarchy and plan moving forward) Trump could declare the country a dictatorship and I doubt anyone would actually care as long as it doesn't affect their work hours/pay.


Pretty much this.

Rojava Free State wrote:
The apocalypse will not be caused by trump. If anything, the decline of our society caused the trump presidency. He's a result of our civilization degenerating into a dark age. Not the man who made it happen


Very much so. Trump is the inevitable result of the last 25-30 years of politics and media.


Some people say trump doesn't represent Americans but I couldn't disagree more. If we drew a venn diagram of trump's behavior and america, it would look like there's just one circle. I work in fast food and everyday I deal with whiney entitled people who think they have a right to be abusive and angry if one tiny mistake is made with their order, including something as small as getting three packets of butter instead of four. Many Americans have that same entitled victim mentality as trump and also share trump's lack of enthusiasm for anything smart. True, it isn't all americans, but it's enough that trump isn't some oddity. He represents a large number of people and his actions are just reality Tv finally reaching the white house. We had the Kardashians. We had Kanye west. we had the Jersey shore. Did anyone really think this wouldn't be the government itself someday?
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
political compass:

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38
pro: marijuana, gun rights, private property, and sexy brown women

anti: fascism, communism, islamism, sexism, pan africanism, La raza, Warren Police Department (and most of the other police departments of metro Detroit except for Auburn Hills. They're aight), gun control, trump, obama, bush, clinton, reagan, carter, chipotle and snotty in crowd teens. Ugh I can't deal with them
Half Lebanese, Half Puerto Rican. All american. Not Kurdish at all.

User avatar
Ayytaly
Envoy
 
Posts: 337
Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ayytaly » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:36 pm

The Panama Canal. It separates America as two subcontinents.


Oh, you meant the United States. Banning junk food.


I'm serious about that. The Twinkies shortage got more attention than any political story.
Last edited by Ayytaly on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15404
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:44 pm

New haven america wrote:Nothing.

Almost everyone's content now that we've entered a period of Panem Et Circenses, and aren't willing to actually commit to any form of social change because they're more worried about rent or getting to pay for Netflix. (And the one's who are can't gain any following or set up a social hierarchy and plan moving forward) Trump could declare the country a dictatorship and I doubt anyone would actually care as long as it doesn't affect their work hours/pay.

People gotta eat.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Arkhane
Diplomat
 
Posts: 572
Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arkhane » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:05 pm

Simple enough, it would be the things his oppositions accused him off, Trump is not a Nazi, he is not a racist, he is not a white supremacist, he did not collude with Russia, he does not have a body count no matter how much his opponents enjoy associating and pining every single shooting/terrorism/hate/injustice/weather/disaster as him being directly responsible for.

I know the media enjoys making it look like Trump can destroy America and bring about the Fourth Reich, but he cannot. He is still subject to the will of the nation.

If by some miracle he bypassed all the aspects of the government and instigated a dictatorship bent on racial cleansing and started doing horrible things the media is accusing him of, he would be quickly met with resistance and overthrown.

No single president can destroy the U.S.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15404
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:10 pm

Arkhane wrote: he is not a racist,
Remember that time Trump refused to rent to black people?

No single president can destroy the U.S.

Buchanan.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Medwind
Diplomat
 
Posts: 571
Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Medwind » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Lol, Trump must be like Hitler 2.0 to you guys. It's crazy how radicalized the left has become, hoping for revolution against a lawful president, smh.

User avatar
Arkhane
Diplomat
 
Posts: 572
Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arkhane » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Kowani wrote:
Arkhane wrote: he is not a racist,
Remember that time Trump refused to rent to black people?

No single president can destroy the U.S.

Buchanan.


Context wise, I don't really see how that is worthy of impeachment or the irreparable destruction of the U.S.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15404
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Arkhane wrote:
Kowani wrote: Remember that time Trump refused to rent to black people?

Buchanan.


Context wise, I don't really see how that is worthy of impeachment or the irreparable destruction of the U.S.

I didn’t say it was. I just wanted to refute the claim that he wasn’t racist.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Cappuccina
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1957
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:15 pm

Medwind wrote:Lol, Trump must be like Hitler 2.0 to you guys. It's crazy how radicalized the left has become, hoping for revolution against a lawful president, smh.

Everyone is radicalized, not just the Left. The current culture of American politics has made it unfashionable to not be ridiculously extreme....in all the wrong ways I might add.
Obligatory Pronouns so you don't oppress me with misgendering: her/she....yay
##################
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.46


D'Islami Žumhuria Kapušinu
ریسلامی ژومحوریا کاپوشینو
~Ni karže a d'Ala!~

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Ayytaly, Cappuccina, Dresderstan, Evir Bruck Saulsbury, Google Adsense [Bot], Heloin, Kortunal, Korwin, Neanderthaland, New haven america, New Visayan Islands, Serconas, Shrillland, The Free Peoples Arabia, The Xenopolis Confederation

Advertisement

Remove ads