NATION

PASSWORD

St. Peadrus MacCallion High School Exchange Program (OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

St. Peadrus MacCallion High School Exchange Program (OOC)

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:13 am

Image
Mutare Mundi Cum Beneficium
"To Change the World with One Act of Kindness"


Letter of Introduction


Greetings, students from other parts of the world,

It is with immense pleasure and excitement that St. Peadrus MacCallion High School is once again initiating its lovely student exchange program. No matter how different you are, we are willing to take those that are interested in learning in a different cultural lifestyle, as well as experiencing it. If you are interested, please fill out the application for review. Those that have been selected to attend, we look forward to having you about.

May God bless everyone of you on your academic endeavors.

Sincerely,
Fr. Alexander MacCullough, O.P.



IC Thread





About the School


St. Peadrus MacCallion High School, mostly recognized as St. Peadrus, is a private secondary educational institution situated in Grangemouth in the Dalmashiel Region. It was founded in 1842 by Dominican friars Sìoltach McNiel, Wallace Duncan, and Alasdair Bardon. Named after the 17th Century Roman Catholic Folaisian saint who was of the friars' order, interacted with the native populations, established monasteries and the first educational institution in the New World, and performed hundreds of conversions, the school was established with the purpose of giving youth the means of a Catholic education in a Dominican fashion and by following the saint's example. At first, it was established for males of European origin, but overtime, it gradually accepted females and students of non-European origin. Moreover, as religious standards became increasingly lax, the school accepted those of non-Catholic faith. Furthermore, because of it. Today, it remains one of the best secondary educational institutions in the nation, open to any of those willing to attend.

Policies


  • Integrity: Especially since this is a Catholic institution, academic honesty is held with utmost regard. Cheating, plagiarism, forgery, and falsification of important documentation will be met with immediate disciplinary action.

  • Uniform: Students are required to wear the school's uniform (Male Female), which is provided by the institution. You are held accountable for the maintenance/replacement of it.

  • Sexual Conduct: Students of the institution must respect each other's sexuality. Any misconduct will result in Saturday detention, and further continuation will result in immediate disqualification.

  • Probation: Academic Probation is marked for a student whose GPA falls below a 2.4. Any extracurricular activities will be suspended unless improvements are seen. The student has a period of one semester to mitigate the problem. If the student fails to obtain a "Good Standing" status by the end of the given period, disqualification from attendance will be applied against the student.

  • Respect of Belongings: All property belonging to other students must be respected at all times. Students who are non-compliant with be met with immediate disciplinary action.

  • Discrimination: Any form of discrimination against a student's race, religion, gender or sexuality will not be tolerated. Students who are non-compliant with this statement will be met with immediate disciplinary action. If repeated, disqualification may be applied against the student.

  • Academic Remediation: A student possessing a D or F is obligated to remediate the grade by taking courses equivalent to the one the student has obtained the grade for. The student has to earn a C or better to officially be remediated. He or she must meet with a counselor to formulate a plan before proceeding. In the case of exchange students, a fee amounting to £170.00 must be paid for an extended stay.

  • Vandalism: Buildings and property of the institution that are defaced or wrecked will be met with immediate disciplinary action. Property damage is expected to be fully recovered. If this misconduct continues, immediate disqualification from the school will be encouraged.


Other Rules in Mind


  • Forum rules apply here. Nothing more to be said.

  • Each period possesses a maximum of seven exchange students. When a class is filled with such a quantity, the period is marked as closed, and you have to choose another available period of the desired class.

  • You may have up to two free periods.

  • In regards to the hostel which is mentioned below, each will accommodate up to four students.

  • My characters are to be RP'd by myself. No exceptions.


About Grangemouth


Description

Grangemouth is a city that resides on the Greenadder River. It has a population of 435,291, boasting the 7th largest population in the nation, and it features a humid continental climate, where hot summers and cold, snowy winters are present.

Notable Places

Attractions:
  • Grangemouth Fjord: Tourist Attraction
  • Lake Corcadail: Relaxation Spot and Tourist Attraction; West of Campus
  • Matharnach Complex: Corporate Campus for the Matharnach Technologies Co.
  • Basilica of the Queen of the Most Holy Rosary
  • Greenadder Bridge
  • Franco-Scoto-Aborigine History Museum

Other Locations:
  • Galloway's: Ice Cream and Sweets Store
  • Glachaude Spa
  • Wee Mabel Cafe: Also, holds literature and poetry events
  • Bishop's Market: Nearby convenience Store for Students
  • Deungjeong's: Nearby Joyonghean (Korean) restaurant
  • Carmichael's: Clothes Retail Shop for Men and Women
  • Samuel MacGregor and Co (SMC) Movie Theatre
  • Rabbani's Exotic Foods: Avralander restaurant; deals in Scottish, Amazigh and Moroccan cuisine


Application


Code: Select all
[floatright][b][spoiler=Student Photograph][img][Image of Student][/img][/spoiler][/b][/floatright]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Religion/Faith:[/b]
[b]School of Origin:[/b]
[b]Current Year:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b] [blocktext]{--- INSERT TEXT HERE ---}[/blocktext]
[b]Reason(s) to Attend:[/b] [blocktext]{--- INSERT TEXT HERE ---}[/blocktext]
[b]Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):[/b]
[list=1]
[*] [placeholder]
[*] [placeholder]
[*] [placeholder]
[*] [placeholder]
[*] [placeholder]
[*] [placeholder]
[*] [placeholder][/list]
[b]Health Issue(s):[/b]
[b]Roleplay Sample:[/b]



Student Dossier


Amy Laoch of the Tribe of Dundalk (Selkielands) - ENROLLED
Taylor King (Luciala) - DROPPED
Edward "the Munkcestrian" Ashleigh (Munkcestrian Republic) - DROPPED
Tabitha Maraoui (Shamsiyya) - ENROLLED
Nermin Yassiri (Shamsiyya) - ENROLLED
Amêzyan Ghattas (Avraland) - ENROLLED
Ùna MacDhunlèibhe (Avraland) - ENROLLED
Ma Haodong (A m e n r i a) - DROPPED
Kajla Vento (Kuronami) - ENROLLED
Kyasurin Gāsutoman (Trasselnau) - ENROLLED
Sarah Salarkar (Holy Marsh) - ENROLLED
Larsa Fenniras Solidor (Danceria) - ENROLLED
Amora Savelli (Enchanta) - ENROLLED


Gallagher-Blair Hostel


The Gallagher-Blair Hostel is one of Grangemouth's finest accommodations for guests. Founded in 1920 It is currently owned by the Crawford family, and is open for anyone willing to stay. Since 1975, it has been partnered with the institution to reserve rooms for exchange students on the 3rd and 4th Floors.

3rd Floor

Room 301

4th Floor

Room 400


Schedule

Timeframe Legend
  • R (Regular): 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
  • F (Friday Timeframe): 8:00 AM - 1:30 PM

Monday (R)Tuesday (R)Wednesday (R)
  • Period 1
  • Period 2
  • Recess
  • Period 3
  • Period 4
  • Lunch
  • Period 5
  • Period 6
  • Class Dismissal
  • Period 1
  • Period 7
  • Recess
  • Period 2
  • Period 3
  • Lunch
  • Period 4
  • Period 5
  • Class Dismissal
  • Period 4
  • Period 5
  • Recess
  • Period 6
  • Period 7
  • Lunch
  • Period 1
  • Period 2
  • Class Dismissal


Thursday (R)Friday (F)
  • Period 6
  • Period 7
  • Recess
  • Period 1
  • Period 2
  • Lunch
  • Period 3
  • Period 4
  • Class Dismissal
  • Period 3
  • Period 4
  • Period 5
  • Recess
  • Period 6
  • Period 7
  • Class Dismissal


Class Dossier

[/tr]
Class Name
Instructor
Periods Available
Status
Algebra IIrvine Sangster2,7OPEN
Algebra IIIrvine Sangster1,3OPEN
Algebra IILindsey MacDougall2OPEN
AstronomyNeilina Hamilton3,6,7OPEN
BiologyTasgall MacCallister2,4,5OPEN
ChemistrySu Bora3,5,7OPEN
CalculusÉmilie Rousselle2OPEN
CalculusIrvine Sangster5OPEN
Christian SpiritualitySr. Marsail Callanach1,2,6,7OPEN
Computer ScienceLindsey MacDougall1,4OPEN
Conflicts in the Modern WorldLjubomir Kostelac4,6OPEN
Creative WritingEwan MacKenzie4,5OPEN
Data Structures and AlgorithmsLindsey MacDougall7OPEN
Folaisian HistoryMichael MacDowell3,5,7OPEN
Folaisian LiteratureDonaldina Lennox2,5,6OPEN
GeometryÉmilie Rousselle5OPEN
Music AppreciationAndré-Gaël Carbonneau1,3,4,7OPEN
Physical EducationThomas MacIver and Finella MacNeil3,7OPEN
Pre-CalculusIrvine Sangster4OPEN
Probability and StatisticsÉmilie Rousselle1OPEN
PsychologySenga Brodie1,2,3,6OPEN
World HistoryFarquhar Quigley1,5OPEN
World HistoryFr. Colman Quinn2OPEN


[name][name][periods][status]


Prerequisites

From Recent to Earliest

For Data Structures and Algorithms:
  • Computer Science

For Calculus:
  • Pre-Calculus
  • Algebra II
  • Geometry (Can be taken as co-requisite to Algebra II)
  • Algebra I

For Probability and Statistics:
  • Algebra II
  • Geometry
  • Algebra I
Last edited by Folaisia on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 18 times in total.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
The Selkie
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10953
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:37 am

Good morning, Folaisia,
I would be very interested in this one and I already have someone in mind...

Image

Name:
Nation of Origin:
    The Free Lands of the Selkie.
Age:
    17 Springs (born in 2002).
Gender:
    Female.
Religion/Faith:
School of Origin:
    Roth High School of Bodmin.
Current Year:
    Year 2 of High School.
Background:
Amy was born in 2002 in Bodmin as the daughter of two craftspeople, her father being a carpenter and her mother being a woodworker, who retired to take care of the small and growing family. Amy is the middle-child, an older brother being born in 2000 and a younger brother in 2005. Persistent rumours in Bodmin state, that her younger brother is only her half-brother, but she doesn't care much about these rumours.
In 2008, Amy began her educational career. She was a good student back then and is to this day, but she protrudes in no subject, slightly above average in everything thrown at her. In 2013, she began Middle School, where she got better and better in sports and artistic subject, enjoying especially music and swordfighting. Her father signed her up for a professional trainer in 2014, who began teaching her more and more, finding talent with her, mostly as a Sworddancer.
In 2017 and 2018, she was part of the Archipelago Shooting of Bicíní Industries. After the latter, she participated in the Beach Party hosted by their bosses, which was also attended by Celina Treoraí of the Tribe of Louth and her boyfriend Chris Riescheid. There, she got to know Dragan Bandera, who's girlfriend she became. In the 2018 Archipelago Shooting, she not only wore swimsuits, but was also permitted to make a test shooting for the lingerie catalogue, a few pictures going into the final catalogue.
In 2018, she also joined the Roth High School of Bodmin and their Crossbow Gals. She was more of a swordfighter, though.
Later that year, Amy began a career as an actress, being one of the younger talents in Flight on the Seven Wings, a movie about Selkie-Mercenaries in Services of the Ilkhan of Utica during the Third Kyrenaian Civil War, in 1614, shortly after the Siege of Utica came to an end.
In early 2019, she and Macha Taise visited Lillorainen. From Mid-2018 to Mid-2019, she was in a stable long-distance relationship with the Lillorainian Dragan Badera. The two of them lived apart and separated on good terms.

Reason(s) to Attend:
    To broaden the own horizon and to see strange new lands and new civilizations - and to boldly go, where no Selkie has gone before.
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Period 1: World History.
  2. Period 2: Folaisian Literature.
  3. Period 3: Folaisian History.
  4. Period 4: Music Appreciation.
  5. Period 5: Creative Writing.
  6. Period 6: Conflicts in the Modern World.
  7. Period 7: Physical Education.
Health Issue(s):
    None.
Roleplay Sample:
    Comin' Together to Celebrate, IC and OOC.

I hope, that I did the Chosen Classes and Periods right...
Last edited by The Selkie on Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14236
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:45 am

What you want is someone training to be a crusader knight from Velstrania isn't it? That's what anyone would want.

User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:41 am

The Selkie wrote:Good morning, Folaisia,
I would be very interested in this one and I already have someone in mind...


Name:
Nation of Origin:
    The Free Lands of the Selkie.
Age:
    17 Springs (born in 2002).
Gender:
    Female.
Religion/Faith:
School of Origin:
    Roth High School of Bodmin.
Current Year:
    Year 2 of High School.
Background:
Amy was born in 2002 in Bodmin as the daughter of two craftspeople, her father being a carpenter and her mother being a woodworker, who retired to take care of the small and growing family. Amy is the middle-child, an older brother being born in 2000 and a younger brother in 2005. Persistent rumours in Bodmin state, that her younger brother is only her half-brother, but she doesn't care much about these rumours.
In 2008, Amy began her educational career. She was a good student back then and is to this day, but she protrudes in no subject, slightly above average in everything thrown at her. In 2013, she began Middle School, where she got better and better in sports and artistic subject, enjoying especially music and swordfighting. Her father signed her up for a professional trainer in 2014, who began teaching her more and more, finding talent with her, mostly as a Sworddancer.
In 2017 and 2018, she was part of the Archipelago Shooting of Bicíní Industries. After the latter, she participated in the Beach Party hosted by their bosses, which was also attended by Celina Treoraí of the Tribe of Louth and her boyfriend Chris Riescheid. There, she got to know Dragan Bandera, who's girlfriend she became. In the 2018 Archipelago Shooting, she not only wore swimsuits, but was also permitted to make a test shooting for the lingerie catalogue, a few pictures going into the final catalogue.
In 2018, she also joined the Roth High School of Bodmin and their Crossbow Gals. She was more of a swordfighter, though.
Later that year, Amy began a career as an actress, being one of the younger talents in Flight on the Seven Wings, a movie about Selkie-Mercenaries in Services of the Ilkhan of Utica during the Third Kyrenaian Civil War, in 1614, shortly after the Siege of Utica came to an end.
In early 2019, she and Macha Taise visited Lillorainen. From Mid-2018 to Mid-2019, she was in a stable long-distance relationship with the Lillorainian Dragan Badera. The two of them lived apart and separated on good terms.

Reason(s) to Attend:
    To broaden the own horizon and to see strange new lands and new civilizations - and to boldly go, where no Selkie has gone before.
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Period 1: World History.
  2. Period 2: Folaisian Literature.
  3. Period 3: Folaisian History.
  4. Period 4: Music Appreciation.
  5. Period 5: Creative Writing.
  6. Period 6: Conflicts in the Modern World.
  7. Period 7: Physical Education.
Health Issue(s):
    None.
Roleplay Sample:
    Comin' Together to Celebrate, IC and OOC.

I hope, that I did the Chosen Classes and Periods right...

You got them right. And glad to have you! ACCEPTED

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:What you want is someone training to be a crusader knight from Velstrania isn't it? That's what anyone would want.


Just as long as he doesn't take his sword on the non-Christian populace, which would incentivize the faculty to suspend him and send him on a pilgrimage from Nicaea to Jerusalem on foot. :p
Last edited by Folaisia on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
Shamsiyya
Envoy
 
Posts: 326
Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Shamsiyya » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:10 am

Good evening, Folaisia,
Count me interested! One little question beforehand - is there a one-character-per-player cap, or can I apply for two as well? Might be good to know before I write the second one I'm planning and it turns out to be for nothing at the end of the day ... (before anyone starts worrying - the second one is planned to take entirely different courses than the first one, so I wouldn't block slots in singular periods, in case.)
Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Shamsiyya on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 am

Shamsiyya wrote:Good evening, Folaisia,
Count me interested! One little question beforehand - is there a one-character-per-player cap, or can I apply for two as well? Might be good to know before I write the second one I'm planning and it turns out to be for nothing at the end of the day ... (before anyone starts worrying - the second one is planned to take entirely different courses than the first one, so I wouldn't block slots in singular periods, in case.)
Thank you in advance!

There is no cap applied. :)
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
Shamsiyya
Envoy
 
Posts: 326
Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Shamsiyya » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:19 am

Folaisia wrote:
Shamsiyya wrote:Good evening, Folaisia,
Count me interested! One little question beforehand - is there a one-character-per-player cap, or can I apply for two as well? Might be good to know before I write the second one I'm planning and it turns out to be for nothing at the end of the day ... (before anyone starts worrying - the second one is planned to take entirely different courses than the first one, so I wouldn't block slots in singular periods, in case.)
Thank you in advance!

There is no cap applied. :)

Wonderful, thank you! Apps will float in soon! :)

User avatar
Luciala
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Aug 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luciala » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:43 am

Image

Name: Taylor King
Nation of Origin: Luciala
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Religion/Faith: Agnostic
School of Origin: Miller High School
Current Year: Senior
Background:
Taylor is the second daughter of two successful attorneys. She is something of an overachiever, especially in history and literature. She is also a talented tennis player.

Reason(s) to Attend: To experience other cultures.
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Psychology
  2. World History
  3. Folaisian History
  4. Creative Writing
  5. Calculus
  6. Folaisian Literature
  7. Physical Education
Health Issue(s): None
Roleplay Sample: Taylor sighed heavily as she took one last look around her room. She was going to be gone for most of a year. Away from her friends. Away from Beatrice, her cat. She had been excited to go but now that the moment approached she was nervous and a little sad. She shook her head and closed the last of her bags as her mother came in and softly wrapped an arm around her. "Are you ready, sweetie? Your father wants to get to the airport with time to spare."

"I'm ready," she said, though she wasn't sure she meant it.

User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:10 pm

Luciala wrote:
Name: Taylor King
Nation of Origin: Luciala
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Religion/Faith: Agnostic
School of Origin: Miller High School
Current Year: Senior
Background:
Taylor is the second daughter of two successful attorneys. She is something of an overachiever, especially in history and literature. She is also a talented tennis player.

Reason(s) to Attend: To experience other cultures.
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Psychology
  2. World History
  3. Folaisian History
  4. Creative Writing
  5. Calculus
  6. Folaisian Literature
  7. Physical Education
Health Issue(s): None
Roleplay Sample: Taylor sighed heavily as she took one last look around her room. She was going to be gone for most of a year. Away from her friends. Away from Beatrice, her cat. She had been excited to go but now that the moment approached she was nervous and a little sad. She shook her head and closed the last of her bags as her mother came in and softly wrapped an arm around her. "Are you ready, sweetie? Your father wants to get to the airport with time to spare."

"I'm ready," she said, though she wasn't sure she meant it.


Welcome aboard, Luciala! ACCEPTED
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
Munkcestrian Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1202
Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Image

Name: Edward "the Munkcestrian" Ashleigh
Nation of Origin: Munkchester
Age: 15
Gender: Teenage boy
Religion/Faith: (technically) Catholic
School of Origin: n/a
Current Year: n/a
Background:
His father was a working-class mining engineer who managed to become very successful through hard work and because his wife is the daughter of an already very successful engineer which gave Edward the ability to have a very comfortable life indeed. His father is an acquaintance of Lord President George Fenwick which resulted in him meeting George Fenwick II. Despite Edward being younger than George Fenwick II by a good few years, the two became great friends.

Reason(s) to Attend: Things are getting pretty boring in Munkchester! So Edward has decided to go out and see the world (specifically Folaisia).
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Period 1: World History
  2. Period 2: Psychology
  3. Period 3: Physical Education
  4. Period 4: Conflicts in the Modern World
  5. Period 5: Folaisian History
  6. Period 6: Folaisian Literature
  7. Period 7: Physical Education
Health Issue(s): n/a
Roleplay Sample:
Last edited by Munkcestrian Republic on Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
The Selkie
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10953
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:38 pm

Folaisia wrote:
The Selkie wrote:Good morning, Folaisia,
I would be very interested in this one and I already have someone in mind...


Name:
Nation of Origin:
    The Free Lands of the Selkie.
Age:
    17 Springs (born in 2002).
Gender:
    Female.
Religion/Faith:
School of Origin:
    Roth High School of Bodmin.
Current Year:
    Year 2 of High School.
Background:
Amy was born in 2002 in Bodmin as the daughter of two craftspeople, her father being a carpenter and her mother being a woodworker, who retired to take care of the small and growing family. Amy is the middle-child, an older brother being born in 2000 and a younger brother in 2005. Persistent rumours in Bodmin state, that her younger brother is only her half-brother, but she doesn't care much about these rumours.
In 2008, Amy began her educational career. She was a good student back then and is to this day, but she protrudes in no subject, slightly above average in everything thrown at her. In 2013, she began Middle School, where she got better and better in sports and artistic subject, enjoying especially music and swordfighting. Her father signed her up for a professional trainer in 2014, who began teaching her more and more, finding talent with her, mostly as a Sworddancer.
In 2017 and 2018, she was part of the Archipelago Shooting of Bicíní Industries. After the latter, she participated in the Beach Party hosted by their bosses, which was also attended by Celina Treoraí of the Tribe of Louth and her boyfriend Chris Riescheid. There, she got to know Dragan Bandera, who's girlfriend she became. In the 2018 Archipelago Shooting, she not only wore swimsuits, but was also permitted to make a test shooting for the lingerie catalogue, a few pictures going into the final catalogue.
In 2018, she also joined the Roth High School of Bodmin and their Crossbow Gals. She was more of a swordfighter, though.
Later that year, Amy began a career as an actress, being one of the younger talents in Flight on the Seven Wings, a movie about Selkie-Mercenaries in Services of the Ilkhan of Utica during the Third Kyrenaian Civil War, in 1614, shortly after the Siege of Utica came to an end.
In early 2019, she and Macha Taise visited Lillorainen. From Mid-2018 to Mid-2019, she was in a stable long-distance relationship with the Lillorainian Dragan Badera. The two of them lived apart and separated on good terms.

Reason(s) to Attend:
    To broaden the own horizon and to see strange new lands and new civilizations - and to boldly go, where no Selkie has gone before.
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Period 1: World History.
  2. Period 2: Folaisian Literature.
  3. Period 3: Folaisian History.
  4. Period 4: Music Appreciation.
  5. Period 5: Creative Writing.
  6. Period 6: Conflicts in the Modern World.
  7. Period 7: Physical Education.
Health Issue(s):
    None.
Roleplay Sample:
    Comin' Together to Celebrate, IC and OOC.

I hope, that I did the Chosen Classes and Periods right...

You got them right. And glad to have you! ACCEPTED

[...]


Thank you very much - I look forward to it!
Though, I do hope, that you don't expect us to write actual tests... ; )
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:46 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Name: Edward "the Munkcestrian" Ashleigh
Nation of Origin: Munkchester
Age: 15
Gender: Teenage boy
Religion/Faith: (technically) Catholic
School of Origin: n/a
Current Year: n/a
Background:
{--- INSERT TEXT HERE ---}

Reason(s) to Attend: Things are getting pretty boring in Munkchester! So Edward has decided to go out and see the world (specifically Folaisia).
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Period 1: World History
  2. Period 2: Psychology
  3. Period 3: Physical Education
  4. Period 4: Conflicts in the Modern World
  5. Period 5: Folaisian History
  6. Period 6: Folaisian Literature
  7. Period 7: Physical Education
Health Issue(s): n/a
Roleplay Sample:

Application PENDING. Lacking roleplay sample, school of origin, current year, background, and student photograph.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
Shamsiyya
Envoy
 
Posts: 326
Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Shamsiyya » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:49 pm

... and there we go! I hope I didn't mess the periods up, either (a nice system you've made up there, by the way, good job!). ^^

(Side note: If the system of creating one character as a foil to another one looks familiar to anyone, especially in school exchanges, this is totally by coindidence.)

Image

Name:
Tabitha Maraoui.

Nation of Origin:
The Federal Republic of Shamsiyya (but born in the Sultanate of Kashira).

Age:
17.

Gender:
Female.

Religion/Faith:
The Cult of the Children of the Sun (basically His Cult).

School of Origin:
Ouadi Almuluk High School, Junaira.

Current Year:
Year 11 (Year 3 in High School).

Background:
Tabitha Maraoui was born in Kandaka, Sultanate of Kashira, on June 27, 2002, as the daughter of a soldier (Royal Kashiri Army, 3rd Infantry Regiment, rank Lieutenant) and a nurse. She, as well as her older brother Hassan (born 1997), grew up in an average residential district of Kandaka - Tabitha attended an elementary school there. When Lt. Maraoui was ordered to fight political unrests in the Emirate of Ramaliha in 2010 (part of the Kashiri Civil War), he returned in a wooden box; this, and the further ongoings in some areas of Kashira, Tabitha's mother decided to move and take her children back to her actual home country, the FR Shamsiyya. While Hassan finished High School in 2015 and, after serving in the SFDF-Army for a few months, until he went back to Kandaka as a guard of the Shamsiyyan embassy, Tabitha stayed in Junaira.
She is an overall good student; while her preferences are subjects like History, Literature, and Languages, where she excels, she isn't particularly bad at others, either. Her GPA in last term was 9.1 (Shamsiyya uses a system of points, with 0 being the worst and 10 being the best grade). She is also doing well at PE (aka "being sent through dirt and dust in various ways by Militia Commanders").
She is on a first-name basis with Layla Murashiniq, whom she met for the first time in late 2018 during her linguistic studies, supporting her work by supplying samples of her native, Kashiri dialect.


Reason(s) to Attend:
Seeing new lands, broadening her horizon, and kicking crusader knights in the knee meeting new, nice people to experience foreign cultures.

Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. World History.
  2. Psychology.
  3. Folaisian History.
  4. Creative Writing.
  5. Folaisian Literature.
  6. Conflicts in the Modern World.
  7. Physical Education.
Health Issue(s):
None.

Roleplay Sample:
A rather short-lived on, sadly ... could have been fun!


Image

Name:
Nermin Yassiri.

Nation of Origin:
The Federal Republic of Shamsiyya.

Age:
16.

Gender:
Female.

Religion/Faith:
The Cult of the Children of the Sun.

School of Origin:
Uzunsahil High School, Ninaoua.

Current Year:
Year 10 (Year 1 in High School).

Background:
Nermin Yassiri was born on December 18, 2002, in Ninaoua, Canton of Muratiniyya-Rukya. With both her parents in business, her father running a mining company, her mother an IT company, it's hardly a surprise, that she grew up with a sense for mathematics and love for complex machines from a very early age - which could also be guessed from her grades throughout her entire school career up to this point, with math, sciences, and IT Application being subjects she never had been worse than 8/10 points at. Zeroes and Ones have always been an essential part of her life, even more so after a visit to the Free City of Wiedheim, "An El Dorado for IT nerds like me", according to her own statement, in 2017. This also made her sensible for and interested in foreign cultures.
Aside from programming and "turning the house into a server room", according to her parents, she also can ride both horses and camels, and does so with quite a lot of passion.


Reason(s) to Attend:
Experiencing and learning about foreign cultures; besides, a school exchange doesn't make itself bad in the curriculum vitae, eh?

Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Computer Science.
  2. Algebra I.
  3. Physical Education.
  4. Biology.
  5. Geometry.
  6. Astronomy.
  7. Chemistry.
Health Issue(s):
None.
Roleplay Sample:
A longer-lasting one; link leads to my first post. That one was fun, too!
Last edited by Shamsiyya on Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Munkcestrian Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1202
Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:51 pm

Folaisia wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Name: Edward "the Munkcestrian" Ashleigh
Nation of Origin: Munkchester
Age: 15
Gender: Teenage boy
Religion/Faith: (technically) Catholic
School of Origin: n/a
Current Year: n/a
Background:
{--- INSERT TEXT HERE ---}

Reason(s) to Attend: Things are getting pretty boring in Munkchester! So Edward has decided to go out and see the world (specifically Folaisia).
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Period 1: World History
  2. Period 2: Psychology
  3. Period 3: Physical Education
  4. Period 4: Conflicts in the Modern World
  5. Period 5: Folaisian History
  6. Period 6: Folaisian Literature
  7. Period 7: Physical Education
Health Issue(s): n/a
Roleplay Sample:

Application PENDING. Lacking roleplay sample, school of origin, current year, background, and student photograph.

As a member of the Munkcestrian elite, he doesn't really attend a school you see.

RP sample. 8)

Is a photograph mandatory?

User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:46 pm

The Selkie wrote:Thank you very much - I look forward to it!
Though, I do hope, that you don't expect us to write actual tests... ; )


You're welcome! As for your concern, tests, no, but quizzes, yes, but they'll be short. I'll guarantee you that. ;)

Shamsiyya wrote:... and there we go! I hope I didn't mess the periods up, either (a nice system you've made up there, by the way, good job!). ^^

(Side note: If the system of creating one character as a foil to another one looks familiar to anyone, especially in school exchanges, this is totally by coindidence.)


Name:
Tabitha Maraoui.

Nation of Origin:
The Federal Republic of Shamsiyya (but born in the Sultanate of Kashira).

Age:
17.

Gender:
Female.

Religion/Faith:
The Cult of the Children of the Sun (basically His Cult).

School of Origin:
Ouadi Almuluk High School, Junaira.

Current Year:
Year 11 (Year 3 in High School).

Background:
Tabitha Maraoui was born in Kandaka, Sultanate of Kashira, on June 27, 2002, as the daughter of a soldier (Royal Kashiri Army, 3rd Infantry Regiment, rank Lieutenant) and a nurse. She, as well as her older brother Hassan (born 1997), grew up in an average residential district of Kandaka - Tabitha attended an elementary school there. When Lt. Maraoui was ordered to fight political unrests in the Emirate of Ramaliha in 2010 (part of the Kashiri Civil War), he returned in a wooden box; this, and the further ongoings in some areas of Kashira, Tabitha's mother decided to move and take her children back to her actual home country, the FR Shamsiyya. While Hassan finished High School in 2015 and, after serving in the SFDF-Army for a few months, until he went back to Kandaka as a guard of the Shamsiyyan embassy, Tabitha stayed in Junaira.
She is an overall good student; while her preferences are subjects like History, Literature, and Languages, where she excels, she isn't particularly bad at others, either. Her GPA in last term was 9.1 (Shamsiyya uses a system of points, with 0 being the worst and 10 being the best grade). She is also doing well at PE (aka "being sent through dirt and dust in various ways by Militia Commanders").
She is on a first-name basis with Layla Murashiniq, whom she met for the first time in late 2018 during her linguistic studies, supporting her work by supplying samples of her native, Kashiri dialect.


Reason(s) to Attend:
Seeing new lands, broadening her horizon, and kicking crusader knights in the knee meeting new, nice people to experience foreign cultures.

Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. World History.
  2. Psychology.
  3. Folaisian History.
  4. Creative Writing.
  5. Folaisian Literature.
  6. Conflicts in the Modern World.
  7. Physical Education.
Health Issue(s):
None.

Roleplay Sample:
A rather short-lived on, sadly ... could have been fun!



Name:
Nermin Yassiri.

Nation of Origin:
The Federal Republic of Shamsiyya.

Age:
16.

Gender:
Female.

Religion/Faith:
The Cult of the Children of the Sun.

School of Origin:
Uzunsahil High School, Ninaoua.

Current Year:
Year 10 (Year 1 in High School).

Background:
Nermin Yassiri was born on December 18, 2002, in Ninaoua, Canton of Muratiniyya-Rukya. With both her parents in business, her father running a mining company, her mother an IT company, it's hardly a surprise, that she grew up with a sense for mathematics and love for complex machines from a very early age - which could also be guessed from her grades throughout her entire school career up to this point, with math, sciences, and IT Application being subjects she never had been worse than 8/10 points at. Zeroes and Ones have always been an essential part of her life, even more so after a visit to the Free City of Wiedheim, "An El Dorado for IT nerds like me", according to her own statement, in 2017. This also made her sensible for and interested in foreign cultures.
Aside from programming and "turning the house into a server room", according to her parents, she also can ride both horses and camels, and does so with quite a lot of passion.


Reason(s) to Attend:
Experiencing and learning about foreign cultures; besides, a school exchange doesn't make itself bad in the curriculum vitae, eh?

Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Computer Science.
  2. Calculus.
  3. Physical Education.
  4. Biology.
  5. Geometry.
  6. Astronomy.
  7. Data Structures and Algorithms.
Health Issue(s):
None.
Roleplay Sample:
A longer-lasting one; link leads to my first post. That one was fun, too!


Thank you! Glad to have them both here. However, for Yassiri, if she's taking Data Structures and Algorithms, that should mean she's already passed Computer Science. Same goes for Calculus alongside Geometry.

Nonetheless, they're both ACCEPTED

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:As a member of the Munkcestrian elite, he doesn't really attend a school you see.

RP sample. 8)

Is a photograph mandatory?


Can you elaborate on his elite background? You can put that there.

And yes, a photograph's mandatory.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
Shamsiyya
Envoy
 
Posts: 326
Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Shamsiyya » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:53 pm

Folaisia wrote:Thank you! Glad to have them both here. However, for Yassiri, if she's taking Data Structures and Algorithms, that should mean she's already passed Computer Science. Same goes for Calculus alongside Geometry.

Nonetheless, they're both ACCEPTED

Thanks a lot! So if one is required to take the other (I wasn't aware of that, but it does sound logical), does this mean, that it's impossible to take both courses (per case) parallel? In that case, I would need to change the chosen periods, of course.

User avatar
The Selkie
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10953
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Folaisia wrote:
The Selkie wrote:Thank you very much - I look forward to it!
Though, I do hope, that you don't expect us to write actual tests... ; )


You're welcome! As for your concern, tests, no, but quizzes, yes, but they'll be short. I'll guarantee you that. ;)

[...]


Puh... that sounds fun. Another one: World History. Does that subject include a bit of the history of the respective participants' homelands - maybe even in the form of presentations given by the students?
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Shamsiyya wrote:Thanks a lot! So if one is required to take the other (I wasn't aware of that, but it does sound logical), does this mean, that it's impossible to take both courses (per case) parallel? In that case, I would need to change the chosen periods, of course.

That's right. Per Case.

There's always the choice of free periods if you want.

And now that you've elaborated your concern, I'll make a list of prerequisites for classes.

The Selkie wrote:Puh... that sounds fun. Another one: World History. Does that subject include a bit of the history of the respective participants' homelands - maybe even in the form of presentations given by the students?


Actually, I've been thinking. There will be no quizzes. Does that sound good to you?

As for your question, sure! You're welcome to include that history.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
Munkcestrian Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1202
Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:21 pm

Folaisia wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:As a member of the Munkcestrian elite, he doesn't really attend a school you see.

RP sample. 8)

Is a photograph mandatory?


Can you elaborate on his elite background? You can put that there.

And yes, a photograph's mandatory.

Alright, added one.

I'll add a background too.

User avatar
The Selkie
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10953
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Folaisia wrote:[...]
The Selkie wrote:Puh... that sounds fun. Another one: World History. Does that subject include a bit of the history of the respective participants' homelands - maybe even in the form of presentations given by the students?


Actually, I've been thinking. There will be no quizzes. Does that sound good to you?

As for your question, sure! You're welcome to include that history.


That'd be awesome! Both the no-tests and the presentations... ; )
So, last one for now, this one specifically concerning Amy: She practices sworddancing and would hate to let that rest for a year. Would she be allowed to bring her swords with her?
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:29 pm

The Selkie wrote:That'd be awesome! Both the no-tests and the presentations... ; )
So, last one for now, this one specifically concerning Amy: She practices sworddancing and would hate to let that rest for a year. Would she be allowed to bring her swords with her?


As long as she shows proof of license for her sword, it's fine.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
The Selkie
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10953
Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Folaisia wrote:
The Selkie wrote:That'd be awesome! Both the no-tests and the presentations... ; )
So, last one for now, this one specifically concerning Amy: She practices sworddancing and would hate to let that rest for a year. Would she be allowed to bring her swords with her?


As long as she shows proof of license for her sword, it's fine.


That can be arranged. And swords, plural, two in fact - Kyrenaian Type 3-C Sabres.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

User avatar
Munkcestrian Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1202
Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:38 pm

His father was a working-class mining engineer who managed to become very successful through hard work and because his wife is the daughter of an already very successful engineer which gave Edward the ability to have a very comfortable life indeed. His father is an acquaintance of Lord President George Fenwick which resulted in him meeting George Fenwick II. Despite Edward being younger than George Fenwick II by a good few years, the two became great friends.


added background

User avatar
Folaisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1015
Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:49 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Name: Edward "the Munkcestrian" Ashleigh
Nation of Origin: Munkchester
Age: 15
Gender: Teenage boy
Religion/Faith: (technically) Catholic
School of Origin: n/a
Current Year: n/a
Background:
His father was a working-class mining engineer who managed to become very successful through hard work and because his wife is the daughter of an already very successful engineer which gave Edward the ability to have a very comfortable life indeed. His father is an acquaintance of Lord President George Fenwick which resulted in him meeting George Fenwick II. Despite Edward being younger than George Fenwick II by a good few years, the two became great friends.

Reason(s) to Attend: Things are getting pretty boring in Munkchester! So Edward has decided to go out and see the world (specifically Folaisia).
Chosen Classes and Periods (Free Periods Optional):
  1. Period 1: World History
  2. Period 2: Psychology
  3. Period 3: Physical Education
  4. Period 4: Conflicts in the Modern World
  5. Period 5: Folaisian History
  6. Period 6: Folaisian Literature
  7. Period 7: Physical Education
Health Issue(s): n/a
Roleplay Sample:


Alright. In good order. ACCEPTED

The Selkie wrote:
Folaisia wrote:That can be arranged. And swords, plural, two in fact - Kyrenaian Type 3-C Sabres.


Alright. Sounds good to me.
Last edited by Folaisia on Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

* * * * * * * *
Puppet Nations: Avraland | Saint Sowena and the Morhaedines | Poraval

User avatar
Munkcestrian Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1202
Founded: May 01, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Alright 8) Edward will do a presentation on Munkcestrian history.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaaaaa, Bolrieg, Teressien, The Scarlet Eagle, The Selkie

Advertisement

Remove ads