NATION

PASSWORD

Want to be sure I'm not breaking rules

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Al-Nizam aljihadiu
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Want to be sure I'm not breaking rules

Postby Al-Nizam aljihadiu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:28 am

I understand that there are rules against offensive material. I don't think my nation can be truly offensive as my concept of Jihad explicitly rejects terrorism and doesn't believe in the evils of such groups.

I try to go out of my way to show through my actions and factbooks that this is the case.

I want to be sure that my name and flag do not violate the rules so that later I'm not banned by surprise. I will change them if I must, but I hope that I don't need to. I hope the NS community can understand nuance and will respect this.

Respectfully, I thank you for your time and wish you a good day regardless of your faith or lack of faith.

Edit: My flag only says "Defend the name of God". I made it myself and it doesn't come from any evil groups.
Last edited by Al-Nizam aljihadiu on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:39 pm

There's nothing about your flag or name that, as of now, indicates malicious content.

I will note, in the future, "If you have to ask, don't do it"; given nation names cannot be changed, if it did, your account would be deleted.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Al-Nizam aljihadiu
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Nizam aljihadiu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 pm

Kyrusia wrote:There's nothing about your flag or name that, as of now, indicates malicious content.

I will note, in the future, "If you have to ask, don't do it"; given nation names cannot be changed, if it did, your account would be deleted.

Okay thanks, I do appreciate your answer. However, having to ask is subjective and based on individuals internal dialogue and will have different levels for everyone. Clearly even though I did have to ask it was acceptable. My intention is NOT to need to ask, and I asked after I already created my nation. I wasn't thinking I would have to ask when I did it, it's something I did before I decided to put a lot of effort into my nation but after it and the flag already existed. I didn't want to do it if it was going to get merc'd. I hope you can understand that.

So maybe this is an uncharitable interpretation and I hope you will clarify, but are you saying I shouldn't put Islamic symbols up literally just because I'm worried people will be prejudiced? I had no way of knowing what your attitude might be. Reactions to religion are subjective and based entirely on personal views.

It's not as if there's some objective measure of what is "Good" part of Islam and what is a "Bad" part of Islam in your opinion which I can consult before I do such things. It really, seriously differs from website to website. I have been banned before (not here) for extremely random things I still don't understand and gotten racist comments as the reason and it came as a total surprise to me.

Should I just shut up when I have such thoughts to avoid being reprimanded and drawing attention to myself? Is having good intention literally something that will cause me trouble?

Are you literally telling me right now I have to censor religious views (outside of the obvious criminal pro-terrorist garbage some people do) because I think someone I don't know whose mind I can't read might hypothetically object to it? By definition not asking for advice makes me less guilty?

I hope you can understand that these questions really mean a lot to me, they aren't intended to be annoying even though I understand they probably are and apologize. I appreciate the time you spent reading this. They maybe seem like small details but they really matter to me. I want to understand your reasoning, because I have been told to act differently and I don't know how to do so.
Last edited by Al-Nizam aljihadiu on Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 am, edited 8 times in total.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 pm

Al-Nizam aljihadiu wrote:So maybe this is an uncharitable interpretation and I hope you will clarify, but are you saying I shouldn't put Islamic symbols up literally just because I'm worried people will be prejudiced? I had no way of knowing what your attitude might be. Reactions to religion are subjective and based entirely on personal views.

I'm saying if you felt something possibly violated our malicious content policy, you shouldn't have posted it, then asked; the better course of action is to ask, before you post something, but that our standard response is "if you must ask, then it's probably best not to post it to begin with."

I said nothing about any religion, Islam or otherwise, because we don't care what your religious, political, philosophical, spiritual, et alia beliefs are; we care what you post upon our website and whether or not it adheres to the rules you agreed to adhere to upon the moment of account creation by signing our Terms & Conditions of Use. That includes a prohibition against both bad faith posting and rules lawyering.

Your question has been answered.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Return to Moderation