NATION

PASSWORD

Michigan City Council Candidate: Keep Community white

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
OK. Non-black Hispanic crime rate is higher than the white one but it isn't outrageous either. It's like at most 160-200% the white rate so it is still manageable. The absence of blacks explains why this works to some extant.

The absence of single moms and everyone having an income stream is probably a bigger part than that.

Uh..this correlates with lack of blackness.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:12 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
I don't think people will care a lot about European-MENA difference in America 50 years later either. The MENA community is doing well and is fairly integrated here. It's a pretty much minor differences vastly amplified by religious conflicts to absurdly high levels. Just like the hatred between Japanese and Koreans it is artificial and without constant agitation will naturally fade.

Yeah the japanese vs Korean conflict is a weird one. The two ethnicities are so culturally similar to eaxh other and their languages might even be in the same family but there's a lot of bad blood there

It isn't that weird at all, Japanese and Korean culture and history is extremely-different it makes sense that they will hate each other. Only reason people seem to think otherwise is because both are East Asian and phenotypically look similar which really isn't enough. Most people probably can't tell the difference between someone who is Germanic and someone who is Slavic yet there was a pretty famous attempt by one to exterminate the other in recent history.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Yeah the japanese vs Korean conflict is a weird one. The two ethnicities are so culturally similar to eaxh other and their languages might even be in the same family but there's a lot of bad blood there

It isn't that weird at all, Japanese and Korean culture and history is extremely-different it makes sense that they will hate each other. Only reason people seem to think otherwise is because both are East Asian and phenotypically look similar which really isn't enough. Most people probably can't tell the difference between someone who is Germanic and someone who is Slavic yet there was a pretty famous attempt by one to exterminate the other in recent history.

You need to get out of your bubble. Usually intense hatred only exists between similar cultures and that such similarity is acknowledged by all but themselves.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

You need to get out of your bubble. Usually intense hatred only exists between similar cultures and that such similarity is acknowledged by all but themselves.

If you think Japanese and Korean culture and history is the same, you're the one in the bubble man. No one who is well-informed about both cultures could possibly conclude this.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:You need to get out of your bubble. Usually intense hatred only exists between similar cultures and that such similarity is acknowledged by all but themselves.

If you think Japanese and Korean culture and history is the same, you're the one in the bubble man. No one who is well-informed about both cultures could possibly conclude this.

They aren't the same. However they are a lot more similar compared to Japan vs Russia or Japan vs India or Japan vs the Philippines. The Sinosphere objectively exists. You are now talking like Croatian nationalists who deny that Croats and Serbs do have similar cultures compared to Croats and Germans...
Last edited by Neko-koku on Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

They aren't the same. However they are a lot more similar compared to Japan vs Russia or Japan vs India or Japan vs the Philippines. The Sinosphere objectively exists. You are now talking like Croatian nationalists who deny that Croats and Serbs do have similar cultures compared to Croats and Germans...

Yes, obviously the Sinosphere or East Asian cultural sphere is a thing, but the original argument was that it's weird that the Japanese and Koreans hate each other when their culture is so similar. I'm saying they really aren't similar enough to suggest that it's 'only natural' for them to get along. In terms of religious belief, language, contemporary history and the ancestral civilisations they identify with, there are so many glaring differences that there's no reason to suppose a 'Korean + Japanese' society would be socially-harmonious. Whereas an only-Japanese or only-Korean society (or a society predominantly of one ethnicity and culture, like ROK or Japan) would have that social harmony, precisely because of those differences.

And your Croat and Serb example is pretty funny given, objectively-speaking, the cultural differences between the two were obviously enough to lead to irreconcilable ethnic conflict between the two groups, quite notably I'd say.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:40 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:They aren't the same. However they are a lot more similar compared to Japan vs Russia or Japan vs India or Japan vs the Philippines. The Sinosphere objectively exists. You are now talking like Croatian nationalists who deny that Croats and Serbs do have similar cultures compared to Croats and Germans...

Yes, obviously the Sinosphere or East Asian cultural sphere is a thing, but the original argument was that it's weird that the Japanese and Koreans hate each other when their culture is so similar. I'm saying they really aren't similar enough to suggest that it's 'only natural' for them to get along. In terms of religious belief, language, contemporary history and the ancestral civilisations they identify with, there are so many glaring differences that there's no reason to suppose a 'Korean + Japanese' society would be socially-harmonious. Whereas an only-Japanese or only-Korean society (or a society predominantly of one ethnicity and culture, like ROK or Japan) would have that social harmony, precisely because of those differences.

And your Croat and Serb example is pretty funny given, objectively-speaking, the cultural differences between the two were obviously enough to lead to irreconcilable ethnic conflict between the two groups, quite notably I'd say.

A lot of ethnic hatred is actually caused by political situations which arise when two peoples are neighbors instead of the amount of cultural differences. People often treat those who are similar but not exactly the same as outgroups (FUCK THEM!) and completely different folks as fargroups (exotic, interesting).
Last edited by Neko-koku on Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:00 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Diopolis wrote:The absence of single moms and everyone having an income stream is probably a bigger part than that.

True, but I’d consider that to be more cultural problems than genetic.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:31 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

True, but I’d consider that to be more cultural problems than genetic.

I think it is mostly a genetic problem. It is easy to see that mainland mestizos have a lot lower crime rate compared to Spanish-speaking mulattos in Caribbean islands even though both are considered Hispanic.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Funny, I live in a working class area with low property values and lots of section 8, but it’s very safe with excellent police response times. And more or less the whole city is like that.

Because it is white?

I can tell you that the violent crime rate is very high among poor whites in my area. It's as bad as black on black crime
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:43 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

A lot of ethnic hatred is actually caused by political situations which arise when two peoples are neighbors instead of the amount of cultural differences. People often treat those who are similar but not exactly the same as outgroups (FUCK THEM!) and completely different folks as fargroups (exotic, interesting).

Croatian, Serbian and Bosnian are all actually just dialects of the same language and speakers of any of those three can understand speakers from the other two groups
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

Croatian, Serbian and Bosnian are all actually just dialects of the same language and speakers of any of those three can understand speakers from the other two groups

There's much more to culture than just similarity of language, as evidenced by the fact that those three groups literally tried to exterminate one another, that's kind of a dead giveaway I'd say

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Because it is white?

I can tell you that the violent crime rate is very high among poor whites in my area. It's as bad as black on black crime

So that this doesn't devolve into just anecdotal, let's cite a study that examined data on precisely this question, Wooldredge and Thistlewaite's 2003 study Neighbourhood Structure and Race-Specific Rates of Intimate Assault

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1745-9125.2003.tb00992.x

"We tested the applicability of ecological theory to an understanding of variation in race-specific rates of intimate assault across neighborhoods in Hamilton County, Ohio. The findings for the significant structural correlates of assault rates pooled across race groups provide support for Miles- Doan’s macro-level study of intimate assault rates in Duval County, Florida. More central to the purpose of our study, the nonsignificant differences between race-specific models in the strength of correlates involving neighborhood disadvantage and age structure provide support for the racial invariance thesis applied to these specific ecological indicators. These findings are also consistent with the support offered by Krivo and Peterson (1996) in their study of differences in violent crime rates and ecological conditions between predominantly black versus predominantly white neighborhoods in Columbus. Our study also extends this support through an alternative analysis that overcomes the shortcomings of prior neighborhood-level research identified by McNulty (2001), as well as the limitations inherent in not adjusting spatial autocorrelation among contiguous aggregates."

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:55 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

So that this doesn't devolve into just anecdotal, let's cite a study that examined data on precisely this question, Wooldredge and Thistlewaite's 2003 study Neighbourhood Structure and Race-Specific Rates of Intimate Assault

"We tested the applicability of ecological theory to an understanding of variation in race-specific rates of intimate assault across neighborhoods in Hamilton County, Ohio. The findings for the significant structural correlates of assault rates pooled across race groups provide support for Miles- Doan’s macro-level study of intimate assault rates in Duval County, Florida. More central to the purpose of our study, the nonsignificant differences between race-specific models in the strength of correlates involving neighborhood disadvantage and age structure provide support for the racial invariance thesis applied to these specific ecological indicators. These findings are also consistent with the support offered by Krivo and Peterson (1996) in their study of differences in violent crime rates and ecological conditions between predominantly black versus predominantly white neighborhoods in Columbus. Our study also extends this support through an alternative analysis that overcomes the shortcomings of prior neighborhood-level research identified by McNulty (2001), as well as the limitations inherent in not adjusting spatial autocorrelation among contiguous aggregates."

I was about to bring this study up actually.
In the end, economic factors are a bigger predictor of crime than race and when you control for poverty rates, there's basically no difference in crime rates between white and black Americans

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:14 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

In the end, economic factors are a bigger predictor of crime than race and when you control for poverty rates, there's basically no difference in crime rates between white and black Americans

Uhh...yeah there is.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:36 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Uhh...yeah there is.

No there isn't

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an ... ted_States

Grand Proudhonia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Proudhonia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:42 pm

I mean its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that crime is more a result of poverty than race but at the same time the history of discrimination in The United States has put a dispraportionate numeber of african american individuals into the inner cities and other such poverty traps where lack of low income jobs, educational opportunities, ect leads to the growing gang problem. This further results in extra policing in these areas and the disproportionate incarceration of black individuals. In a way, discrimination is the cause of the difference because it has led to economic issues in the african american communities however I do not believe the traditional racial profiling theory is correct at all.
The Mutualist Society of Grand Proudhonia
"Property Is Theft, Property Is Liberty"

If you have any questions about Mutualist Political Philosophy, feel free to send me a telegram!

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
Uhh...yeah there is.

No there isn't

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an ... ted_States

Why is the same pattern true outside white majority countries and between countries too?
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
3. The rest of the Solar System (Solar System is Division 0)
4. 27 other divisions (Division 1-27)
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General