NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Not sure what this is.

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

[R] Not sure what this is.

Postby Great Algerstonia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:54 pm

viewtopic.php?p=36124319#p36124319

This post seems to be implying that the best way to get attention is via "banana spam", and combined with the fact that the nation in question is a Game Moderator, this post seems a bit questionable. The Game Moderator seems to be telling the impressionable users to spam just like the banana spammer has been doing. And I highly doubt that that sentence was at all in good faith.
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:They way I read it was "If Springfeal wants more attention, he could behave in the same manner as the banana spammer", not "Spingfeal is the banana spammer." Not actionable.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:They way I read it was "If Springfeal wants more attention, he could behave in the same manner as the banana spammer", not "Spingfeal is the banana spammer." Not actionable.

Nah, that wasn't what I meant. What I mean is, the post states that spamming is a good way to get attention, which could be seen as encouraging spam.
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 pm

Great Algerstonia wrote:Nah, that wasn't what I meant. What I mean is, the post states that spamming is a good way to get attention, which could be seen as encouraging spam.

It isn't. It isn't actionable. Were it, my colleague would have found it actionable in the post Farn quoted.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 am

Kyrusia wrote:
Great Algerstonia wrote:Nah, that wasn't what I meant. What I mean is, the post states that spamming is a good way to get attention, which could be seen as encouraging spam.

It isn't. It isn't actionable. Were it, my colleague would have found it actionable in the post Farn quoted.

Alright that's fair. Thanks for looking into the case. *leaves cookies and cream ice cream*

Return to Moderation