NATION

PASSWORD

Italian PM Resigns, New Coalition Formed

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10276
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Italian PM Resigns, New Coalition Formed

Postby Shrillland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Italy's PM, Giuseppe Conte, has resigned his post after his Interior Minister and La Lega leader Matteo Salvini, decided to suddenly break up the governing coalition with the anti-establishment Five Star Movement(M5S) and trigger a no-confidence vote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/d-day-italian-government-pm-conte-resignation-mooted-023109857.html

World
Italy in limbo after PM Conte attacks Salvini and resigns
AFP Charles ONIANS,AFP 1 hour 58 minutes ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said he was ending the government (AFP Photo/Andreas SOLARO)
Rome (AFP) - Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte resigned on Tuesday after lashing out at far-right Interior Minister Matteo Salvini for pursuing his own interests by pulling the plug on the government coalition.

The move leaves the eurozone's third largest economy in a political vacuum until President Sergio Mattarella decides whether to form a new coalition or call an election after talks with parties in the coming days.

Mattarella charged Conte with heading a caretaker administration after he handed in his resignation, pending consultations on a new government which are set to begin at 1400 GMT on Wednesday.

"I'm ending this government experience here," Conte said after an almost hour-long speech to the Senate.

"It is irresponsible to initiate a government crisis," Conte said after Salvini tried to bring down the government in the hope of snap elections he believes will make him premier.

Conte was speaking following a week of fallout from Salvini's decision to back out of the alliance between his League party and the anti-establishment Five Star Movement on August 8, plunging Italy into political turmoil.

After Conte announced his intention to resign, Senate speaker Elisabette Casellati told Salvini to leave the government bench and join his party's senators, where Salvini said: "Thank you, finally, I would do it all again."

- Full powers -

"The Italians vote with their heads and hearts," Salvini said, invoking the Virgin Mary to "protect the Italian people" and repeating his call for snap elections while also making a final appeal to M5S.

Caught on the back foot, Salvini last week made the surprise offer to back a key M5S proposal to cut the number of lawmakers from 950 to 605, but only if new elections were then swiftly held.

"Making citizens vote is the essence of democracy, asking them to vote every year is irresponsible," Conte said as League senators booed and hissed.

"I heard you calling for 'full powers' and invoke (demonstrations in) the piazzas to support you, which worries me," Conte said.

Italian dictator Benito Mussolini in 1922 assumed so-called full powers to govern the country at his whim.

After more than four hours of debate, Conte returned to speak before going to Mattarella's office at the Quirinale Palace.

"If there was a lack of courage, then I assume responsibility before the country," Conte told the Senate as Salvini fidgeted nervously.

"And I note that the leader of the League who has struggled with loyal cooperation lacked the courage to assume responsibility for his behaviour," Conte said.

The end of the 14-month-old coalition government opens the way for Mattarella to begin consultations with political parties, with a range of options available.

A snap election, the forming of a new coalition without holding a new vote, and, although unlikely, the continuation of the current government would all be considered.

- Debt-laden economy -

The political crisis has raised concerns about the Italian economy, whose debt ratio at 132 percent of gross domestic product is the second-biggest in the eurozone after Greece.

Since the unwieldy government was formed in June 2018, uncertainty under the coalition has cost the country an extra five billion euros ($5.54 billion) in interest on its debt.

Salvini's plan for a snap election -- more than three years early -- had envisioned a vote in October followed by him being crowned as prime minister.

According to opinion polls, the League could form a coalition with the anti-immigration, anti-LGBT Brothers of Italy, and possibly Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right Forza Italia.

But a bid by his rivals to put aside their differences and forge an alliance could derail Salvini's plan, with a coalition between M5S and the opposition centre-left Democratic Party (PD) being discussed.

While there is bad blood between the two parties, M5S is languishing in the polls and wants to avoid an early election.

Former PD premier Matteo Renzi on Tuesday said that he "would not be part" of a PD-M5S alliance, as many in the anti-establishment party resent him as part of the old elite.

According to some analysts, Conte could also stay on as premier while trying to form an alliance with PD.


With no likely governing coalition and La Lega's polling numbers up at 38%(twice of what they were when the government was formed), Salvini's trying to bring down the government in the hopes that he can have a right wing coalition governing Italy by the year's end. And yes, this may become an election thread should one be called.

So, NSG? What's your view on this turn of events?

I understand Salvini wanting to do this to an extent, M5S has all but collapsed in terms of popular support, but La Lega scares me.
Last edited by Shrillland on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Support Eternal Lotharia for Portland City Council!
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
26 Days since the 2020 Megathread was 2016-jacked Maximum Period without 2016-jack: 33 Days
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9917
Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm

I told ya...The M5S was a stupid project...
On Hiatus from September 6th 2019 to September 13th 2019.
Left-Wing Christian Pro-Life Pragmatic Populist. Oregonian.
Candidate for City Council of a large city.
A little too obsessed with food.
Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You scare me sometimes, Loth.

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

User avatar
Bienenhalde
Senator
 
Posts: 3699
Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Italy's PM and member of La Lega, Giuseppe Conte


Isn't Conte an independent technocrat who was appointed as a compromise between the two coalition parties?
Bienenhalde (mostly) represents my real political views.
https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.6&d=68.6&g=38.8&s=45.2
OOC:
[*]Age: 24 [*]Pennsylvania Dutch [*]ELCA Lutheran [*]Male [*]Bisexual - leaning towards gay [*]Independent [*]Sinophile-Japanophile [*]Monarchist [*]Has Asperger's

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10276
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Italy's PM and member of La Lega, Giuseppe Conte


Isn't Conte an independent technocrat who was appointed as a compromise between the two coalition parties?


Oops, I'll correct that...
Support Eternal Lotharia for Portland City Council!
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
26 Days since the 2020 Megathread was 2016-jacked Maximum Period without 2016-jack: 33 Days
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13917
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:05 pm

This is why technocracy is a bad idea.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 100843
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Shrillland wrote:Italy's PM, Giuseppe Conte, has resigned his post after his Interior Minister and La Lega leader Matteo Salvini, decided to suddenly break up the governing coalition with the anti-establishment Five Star Movement(M5S) and trigger a no-confidence vote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/d-day-italian-government-pm-conte-resignation-mooted-023109857.html

World
Italy in limbo after PM Conte attacks Salvini and resigns
AFP Charles ONIANS,AFP 1 hour 58 minutes ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said he was ending the government (AFP Photo/Andreas SOLARO)
Rome (AFP) - Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte resigned on Tuesday after lashing out at far-right Interior Minister Matteo Salvini for pursuing his own interests by pulling the plug on the government coalition.

The move leaves the eurozone's third largest economy in a political vacuum until President Sergio Mattarella decides whether to form a new coalition or call an election after talks with parties in the coming days.

Mattarella charged Conte with heading a caretaker administration after he handed in his resignation, pending consultations on a new government which are set to begin at 1400 GMT on Wednesday.

"I'm ending this government experience here," Conte said after an almost hour-long speech to the Senate.

"It is irresponsible to initiate a government crisis," Conte said after Salvini tried to bring down the government in the hope of snap elections he believes will make him premier.

Conte was speaking following a week of fallout from Salvini's decision to back out of the alliance between his League party and the anti-establishment Five Star Movement on August 8, plunging Italy into political turmoil.

After Conte announced his intention to resign, Senate speaker Elisabette Casellati told Salvini to leave the government bench and join his party's senators, where Salvini said: "Thank you, finally, I would do it all again."

- Full powers -

"The Italians vote with their heads and hearts," Salvini said, invoking the Virgin Mary to "protect the Italian people" and repeating his call for snap elections while also making a final appeal to M5S.

Caught on the back foot, Salvini last week made the surprise offer to back a key M5S proposal to cut the number of lawmakers from 950 to 605, but only if new elections were then swiftly held.

"Making citizens vote is the essence of democracy, asking them to vote every year is irresponsible," Conte said as League senators booed and hissed.

"I heard you calling for 'full powers' and invoke (demonstrations in) the piazzas to support you, which worries me," Conte said.

Italian dictator Benito Mussolini in 1922 assumed so-called full powers to govern the country at his whim.

After more than four hours of debate, Conte returned to speak before going to Mattarella's office at the Quirinale Palace.

"If there was a lack of courage, then I assume responsibility before the country," Conte told the Senate as Salvini fidgeted nervously.

"And I note that the leader of the League who has struggled with loyal cooperation lacked the courage to assume responsibility for his behaviour," Conte said.

The end of the 14-month-old coalition government opens the way for Mattarella to begin consultations with political parties, with a range of options available.

A snap election, the forming of a new coalition without holding a new vote, and, although unlikely, the continuation of the current government would all be considered.

- Debt-laden economy -

The political crisis has raised concerns about the Italian economy, whose debt ratio at 132 percent of gross domestic product is the second-biggest in the eurozone after Greece.

Since the unwieldy government was formed in June 2018, uncertainty under the coalition has cost the country an extra five billion euros ($5.54 billion) in interest on its debt.

Salvini's plan for a snap election -- more than three years early -- had envisioned a vote in October followed by him being crowned as prime minister.

According to opinion polls, the League could form a coalition with the anti-immigration, anti-LGBT Brothers of Italy, and possibly Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right Forza Italia.

But a bid by his rivals to put aside their differences and forge an alliance could derail Salvini's plan, with a coalition between M5S and the opposition centre-left Democratic Party (PD) being discussed.

While there is bad blood between the two parties, M5S is languishing in the polls and wants to avoid an early election.

Former PD premier Matteo Renzi on Tuesday said that he "would not be part" of a PD-M5S alliance, as many in the anti-establishment party resent him as part of the old elite.

According to some analysts, Conte could also stay on as premier while trying to form an alliance with PD.


With no likely governing coalition and La Lega's polling numbers up at 38%(twice of what they were when the government was formed), Salvini's trying to bring down the government in the hopes that he can have a right wing coalition governing Italy by the year's end. And yes, this may become an election thread should one be called.

So, NSG? What's your view on this turn of events?

I understand Salvini wanting to do this to an extent, M5S has all but collapsed in terms of popular support, but La Lega scares me.

So ... do you have a news service that sends you a notification every time someone even whispers the word "Election"? ;)
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27215
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Shrillland wrote:Italy's PM, Giuseppe Conte, has resigned his post after his Interior Minister and La Lega leader Matteo Salvini, decided to suddenly break up the governing coalition with the anti-establishment Five Star Movement(M5S) and trigger a no-confidence vote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/d-day-italian-government-pm-conte-resignation-mooted-023109857.html

World
Italy in limbo after PM Conte attacks Salvini and resigns
AFP Charles ONIANS,AFP 1 hour 58 minutes ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said he was ending the government (AFP Photo/Andreas SOLARO)
Rome (AFP) - Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte resigned on Tuesday after lashing out at far-right Interior Minister Matteo Salvini for pursuing his own interests by pulling the plug on the government coalition.

The move leaves the eurozone's third largest economy in a political vacuum until President Sergio Mattarella decides whether to form a new coalition or call an election after talks with parties in the coming days.

Mattarella charged Conte with heading a caretaker administration after he handed in his resignation, pending consultations on a new government which are set to begin at 1400 GMT on Wednesday.

"I'm ending this government experience here," Conte said after an almost hour-long speech to the Senate.

"It is irresponsible to initiate a government crisis," Conte said after Salvini tried to bring down the government in the hope of snap elections he believes will make him premier.

Conte was speaking following a week of fallout from Salvini's decision to back out of the alliance between his League party and the anti-establishment Five Star Movement on August 8, plunging Italy into political turmoil.

After Conte announced his intention to resign, Senate speaker Elisabette Casellati told Salvini to leave the government bench and join his party's senators, where Salvini said: "Thank you, finally, I would do it all again."

- Full powers -

"The Italians vote with their heads and hearts," Salvini said, invoking the Virgin Mary to "protect the Italian people" and repeating his call for snap elections while also making a final appeal to M5S.

Caught on the back foot, Salvini last week made the surprise offer to back a key M5S proposal to cut the number of lawmakers from 950 to 605, but only if new elections were then swiftly held.

"Making citizens vote is the essence of democracy, asking them to vote every year is irresponsible," Conte said as League senators booed and hissed.

"I heard you calling for 'full powers' and invoke (demonstrations in) the piazzas to support you, which worries me," Conte said.

Italian dictator Benito Mussolini in 1922 assumed so-called full powers to govern the country at his whim.

After more than four hours of debate, Conte returned to speak before going to Mattarella's office at the Quirinale Palace.

"If there was a lack of courage, then I assume responsibility before the country," Conte told the Senate as Salvini fidgeted nervously.

"And I note that the leader of the League who has struggled with loyal cooperation lacked the courage to assume responsibility for his behaviour," Conte said.

The end of the 14-month-old coalition government opens the way for Mattarella to begin consultations with political parties, with a range of options available.

A snap election, the forming of a new coalition without holding a new vote, and, although unlikely, the continuation of the current government would all be considered.

- Debt-laden economy -

The political crisis has raised concerns about the Italian economy, whose debt ratio at 132 percent of gross domestic product is the second-biggest in the eurozone after Greece.

Since the unwieldy government was formed in June 2018, uncertainty under the coalition has cost the country an extra five billion euros ($5.54 billion) in interest on its debt.

Salvini's plan for a snap election -- more than three years early -- had envisioned a vote in October followed by him being crowned as prime minister.

According to opinion polls, the League could form a coalition with the anti-immigration, anti-LGBT Brothers of Italy, and possibly Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right Forza Italia.

But a bid by his rivals to put aside their differences and forge an alliance could derail Salvini's plan, with a coalition between M5S and the opposition centre-left Democratic Party (PD) being discussed.

While there is bad blood between the two parties, M5S is languishing in the polls and wants to avoid an early election.

Former PD premier Matteo Renzi on Tuesday said that he "would not be part" of a PD-M5S alliance, as many in the anti-establishment party resent him as part of the old elite.

According to some analysts, Conte could also stay on as premier while trying to form an alliance with PD.


With no likely governing coalition and La Lega's polling numbers up at 38%(twice of what they were when the government was formed), Salvini's trying to bring down the government in the hopes that he can have a right wing coalition governing Italy by the year's end. And yes, this may become an election thread should one be called.

So, NSG? What's your view on this turn of events?

I understand Salvini wanting to do this to an extent, M5S has all but collapsed in terms of popular support, but La Lega scares me.

So ... do you have a news service that sends you a notification every time someone even whispers the word "Election"? ;)


I just imagine Shrill is like the characters from The Matrix.

"Operator, download all information on current political happenings"
*Eyes flutter for a few seconds*
"I know about Italians now..."
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Senator
 
Posts: 4836
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Italian politics being disorderly and chaotic? Who would have suspected
political compass:

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38
pro: marijuana, gun rights, private property, and sexy brown women

anti: fascism, communism, islamism, sexism, pan africanism, La raza, Warren Police Department (and most of the other police departments of metro Detroit except for Auburn Hills. They're aight), gun control, trump, obama, bush, clinton, reagan, carter, chipotle and snotty in crowd teens. Ugh I can't deal with them
Half Lebanese, Half Puerto Rican. All american. Not Kurdish at all.

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10276
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Telconi wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:So ... do you have a news service that sends you a notification every time someone even whispers the word "Election"? ;)


I just imagine Shrill is like the characters from The Matrix.

"Operator, download all information on current political happenings"
*Eyes flutter for a few seconds*
"I know about Italians now..."



:lol2:

Actually, Forumland sent me a TG about the no-confidence vote last week because of my...record in regards to such things. And I'm a Wikipedia addict. And I know how NSG is when it comes to global affairs.
Support Eternal Lotharia for Portland City Council!
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
26 Days since the 2020 Megathread was 2016-jacked Maximum Period without 2016-jack: 33 Days
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10276
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:Italian politics being disorderly and chaotic? Who would have suspected


It wasn't a disorderly move, Salvini just saw that the polls had reversed and figured he could have a grand right coalition if he acted quickly enough, and the voters seem to be behind the idea.
Support Eternal Lotharia for Portland City Council!
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
26 Days since the 2020 Megathread was 2016-jacked Maximum Period without 2016-jack: 33 Days
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Vistulange
Minister
 
Posts: 3010
Founded: May 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vistulange » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Shrillland wrote:
Telconi wrote:
I just imagine Shrill is like the characters from The Matrix.

"Operator, download all information on current political happenings"
*Eyes flutter for a few seconds*
"I know about Italians now..."



:lol2:

Actually, Forumland sent me a TG about the no-confidence vote last week because of my...record in regards to such things. And I'm a Wikipedia addict. And I know how NSG is when it comes to global affairs.

I did try to break up your monopoly on the election threads with some Turkish election or another, it may have been the 2018 General Elections or the recent 2019 Local Elections, but I don't think I succeeded. Ah well, maybe one day.
Turkish-Canadian, self-identified social democrat and "Neo-Kemalist", aspiring academician. Interested in nuclear proliferation, Turkish foreign policy, democratisation, and nation-building. Open to telegrams on all topics, feel free to ask me anything.

User avatar
Dresderstan
Minister
 
Posts: 2696
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Isn't M5S (Or is it MS5) also down into third in the polls behind the Democrats? Either way with the poor showings the party had in the EU elections and how well the League had done, it was only a matter of time until calls of no confidence start to pour in and break up the coalition.
20 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like baseball and hockey, enjoy video games and TV. Music is love, music is life. Formula 1 is better than NASCAR. I'm gay and conservative.
Do not refer to me as my old nation's name (Freezic Vast) from now on. +3222 Posts

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10276
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Dresderstan wrote:Isn't M5S (Or is it MS5) also down into third in the polls behind the Democrats? Either way with the poor showings the party had in the EU elections and how well the League had done, it was only a matter of time until calls of no confidence start to pour in and break up the coalition.


They are indeed down in third, and they're actually at where La Lega was at the last general election last year. And it is M5S, that's the Italian initial.
Last edited by Shrillland on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support Eternal Lotharia for Portland City Council!
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
26 Days since the 2020 Megathread was 2016-jacked Maximum Period without 2016-jack: 33 Days
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41516
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:49 pm

What exactly is La Lega and why are you scared of them?

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10276
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:52 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:What exactly is La Lega and why are you scared of them?


Well, not literally scared of course, but I can't say I like them much: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lega_Nord

They used to be Lega Nord(Northern League) since they were a northern regionalist party dedicated to regional autonomy. Salvini's transformed them into a nationwide party that's just The League(La Lega) and made them a populist right-wing party like those in the rest of Europe.
Support Eternal Lotharia for Portland City Council!
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
26 Days since the 2020 Megathread was 2016-jacked Maximum Period without 2016-jack: 33 Days
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9917
Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:00 pm

On Hiatus from September 6th 2019 to September 13th 2019.
Left-Wing Christian Pro-Life Pragmatic Populist. Oregonian.
Candidate for City Council of a large city.
A little too obsessed with food.
Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You scare me sometimes, Loth.

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

User avatar
Forumland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Aug 09, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Forumland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:02 pm

PD-M5S coalition was considered before Conte’s resignation

why? literally everybody should be interested in seeing the government fall. sure PD would lose, but it’s better than forming a politically toxic government which would probably give the Lega a majority or something in 2023

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48950
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Clearly Italy needs Silvio Berlusconi back in charge.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10276
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Greed and Death wrote:Clearly Italy needs Silvio Berlusconi back in charge.


He's an MEP now, he won't leave that to become Salvini's second banana.

Anyway, we'll know if Italy goes to the polls in a couple of weeks, I think.
Last edited by Shrillland on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support Eternal Lotharia for Portland City Council!
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
26 Days since the 2020 Megathread was 2016-jacked Maximum Period without 2016-jack: 33 Days
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48950
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm


A side effect of the procedure rendering him immortal.

Don't worry soon he will lead Italy for 200 years.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5303
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:This is why technocracy is a bad idea.

What should replace it?
Nova Cyberia wrote:Thank you. I appreciate your respect for my low opinion of you.
Click here.

Rights are what the people are willing to fight for.

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48950
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:This is why technocracy is a bad idea.

What should replace it?

Rule by decree from Silvio Berlusconi.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Dresderstan
Minister
 
Posts: 2696
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:44 pm


It says he in his 80s, but I swear he looks like 25-40 years younger than that.
20 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like baseball and hockey, enjoy video games and TV. Music is love, music is life. Formula 1 is better than NASCAR. I'm gay and conservative.
Do not refer to me as my old nation's name (Freezic Vast) from now on. +3222 Posts

User avatar
Overwerk megamix
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Jul 25, 2019
Libertarian Police State

Postby Overwerk megamix » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:11 pm

why is italy economy always in some trouble these days?

what's up with that

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48950
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Overwerk megamix wrote:why is italy economy always in some trouble these days?

what's up with that

It doesnt have Silvio Berlusconi guiding it.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: An Alan Smithee Nation, Aurevbush, Bolrieg, Castelia, Flarbinia, Ism, Kowani, Paddy O Fernature, Plzen, Post War America, Rojava Free State, Saint Ryvern, The South Falls, The Two Jerseys, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads