NATION

PASSWORD

MSRK Experiment IB; Instant Runoff Voting

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Kaiserholt
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

MSRK Experiment IB; Instant Runoff Voting

Postby Kaiserholt » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:57 am

I post this here because I couldn’t figure out a legitimate reason for using the In-Character forums. Just looking to experiment with the concept of Instant Runoff Voting through the lens of a United States Party Primary involving a large number of candidates. IB will take the 2020 Democratic Party Primary as the basis, while another topic I have already posted (IA) uses the 2016 Republican Party Primary. It is not primarily for reasons of political opinion, which is why I chose both parties, but more a real world experiment into Instant Runoff Voting. Admittedly I don’t know everything about IRV, so this may well be a work in progress. If you know more about the topic, advice will be welcome.

The rules are simple. You will look at the candidates in the field provided. The candidate you like most is given a 1, your second choice is given a 2, and so on. Maybe even going so far as 5 if you wish, but don’t feel pressured to do so. It is okay if you don’t list all candidates, because you probably do not know nor care about most names listed. Also please leave any overtly negative opinions out of your vote. This is just a hypothetical situation.

Thank you for humoring me, and hopefully this can be an educational opportunity.

List of Candidates;
  • Biden, Joe
  • Booker, Cory
  • Bullock, Steve
  • Buttigieg, Pete
  • Castro, Julian
  • de Blasio, Bill
  • Delaney, John
  • Gabbard, Tulsi
  • Gillibrand, Kirsten
  • Harris, Kamala
  • Inslee, Jay
  • Messam, Wayne
  • Moulton, Seth
  • O’Rourke, Beto
  • Ryan, Tim
  • Sanders, Bernie
  • Steyer, Tom
  • Warren, Elizabeth
  • Williamson, Marianne
  • Yang, Andrew
Last edited by Kaiserholt on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hello, Masaki home. Oh, that sounds like if I were married to the family. How embarrassing. What do you think? Do you think it sounds that way?"

"I have been many things in my life, Mollari. I have been silly. I have been quiet when I should have spoken. I have been foolish. And I have wasted far too much time. But I am still Centauri. And I am not afraid."

"You are elevating futility to a high art. There is nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality."

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:44 am

It doesn't belong in General either.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Return to General