NATION

PASSWORD

The (PR) Chinese politics thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Is Communist China legal?

Yes because it is recognized by most nations
29
33%
Yes because Communist China has laws
3
3%
Yes for some other reason
20
23%
No because Communists illegally usurped power from ROC
28
32%
No because any form of Chinese state is inherently illegal
5
6%
No for some other reason
3
3%
 
Total votes : 88

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 2846
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The (PR) Chinese politics thread

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Let's discuss politics of the communist regime in China in this thread.

The first poll in this thread is: Whether the PRC is even legal. I personally believe that PRC is inherently illegal. Why? Because China had elections such as this one prior to the PRC regime. Communists had never been elected by Chinese people. Instead they were an illegal murderous, drug-dealing militia armed by the Soviet Union which was itself an illegal entity that illegally occupies China. The PRC is about as legitimate as ISIS in Libya. That is, if the Soviet Union was comparable to ISIS in Iraq and Syria then the PRC is comparable to ISIS in Libya. A terrorist organization such as ISIS or CCP should not be grandfathered into a legit nation if it is sufficiently powerful and has been around for a long time.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5131
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.
Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian
Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5246
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Nakena wrote:Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.

Agreed here.
Nova Cyberia wrote:Thank you. I appreciate your respect for my low opinion of you.
Click here.

Rights are what the people are willing to fight for.

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 2846
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Nakena wrote:Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.

Yep. I'm adding to the OP.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
The Brytish Isles
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 137
Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Brytish Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:46 pm

I personally recognise the People’s Republic of China as "China", at least for now. AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".

Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.
Links
Home Page |
Templates |
Embassy |
Dominus Reginam Conseruet
Tech MT · Year Current · Theme

Undergoing redevelopment... again...
Weekly Quote | "The inhabitants of the earth are of two sorts: those with brains, but no religion; and those with religion, but no brains.." - Al-Maʿarri

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 2846
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:52 pm

The Brytish Isles wrote:I personally recognise the People’s Republic of China as "China", at least for now. AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".

Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.


I'm obviously anti-traditionalist because traditionalism in the Sinic sense slows economic and scientific progress and makes life hell. For example it has a uniquely Sinosphere isolationist mindset that I have never seen in any other major civilization. Another issue is Confucian opposition to commerce. A China according to my ideals will be a state as free as Taiwan and as capitalist and as rich as Singapore.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1404
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Nakena wrote:Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Nakena wrote:Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.

Agreed here.


Ditto.

Maoist-Occupied China is an illegitimate state that bought it's recognition through cheap slave labor. Taiwan is the last bastion of a true, free, and proud Chinese Nation.

The Brytish Isles wrote:AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".


Chinese citizens live in a police state; you act like they have a choice in what to think.

And again, the so-called "People's Republic" (which is neither of those things) bought it's legitimacy through cheap slave labor.

The Brytish Isles wrote:Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.


You say that like it's a bad thing.
American Patriot - Third Positionist - Nondenominational Christian - Anti-Communist - Islamophobe

User avatar
The Brytish Isles
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 137
Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Brytish Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
The Brytish Isles wrote:I personally recognise the People’s Republic of China as "China", at least for now. AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".

Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.


I'm obviously anti-traditionalist because traditionalism in the Sinic sense slows economic and scientific progress and makes life hell. For example it has a uniquely Sinosphere isolationist mindset that I have never seen in any other major civilization. Another issue is Confucian opposition to commerce. A China according to my ideals will be a state as free as Taiwan and as capitalist and as rich as Singapore.

I get what you mean, however, I see capitalism as a quick way to erode a country’s identity, traditions and acts as a gateway to globalisation, something I don’t want.

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Nakena wrote:Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Agreed here.


Ditto.

Maoist-Occupied China is an illegitimate state that bought it's recognition through cheap slave labor. Taiwan is the last bastion of a true, free, and proud Chinese Nation.

The Brytish Isles wrote:AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".


Chinese citizens live in a police state; you act like they have a choice in what to think.

And again, the so-called "People's Republic" (which is neither of those things) bought it's legitimacy through cheap slave labor.

The Brytish Isles wrote:Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.


You say that like it's a bad thing.


I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.
Links
Home Page |
Templates |
Embassy |
Dominus Reginam Conseruet
Tech MT · Year Current · Theme

Undergoing redevelopment... again...
Weekly Quote | "The inhabitants of the earth are of two sorts: those with brains, but no religion; and those with religion, but no brains.." - Al-Maʿarri

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1404
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:01 pm

The Brytish Isles wrote:I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.


Good thing this isn't your ideal world, then. Sounds quite awful.
American Patriot - Third Positionist - Nondenominational Christian - Anti-Communist - Islamophobe

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 96967
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

The PRC won.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
The Brytish Isles
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 137
Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Brytish Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
The Brytish Isles wrote:I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.


Good thing this isn't your ideal world, then. Sounds quite awful.

I understand why you’d think that. It’s the opposite case for me.
Links
Home Page |
Templates |
Embassy |
Dominus Reginam Conseruet
Tech MT · Year Current · Theme

Undergoing redevelopment... again...
Weekly Quote | "The inhabitants of the earth are of two sorts: those with brains, but no religion; and those with religion, but no brains.." - Al-Maʿarri

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 2846
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
The Brytish Isles wrote:I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.


Good thing this isn't your ideal world, then. Sounds quite awful.

The world needs America which is the new Rome.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 2846
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:The PRC won.

Yes and it fucking sucks.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
-Astoria
Envoy
 
Posts: 305
Founded: Mar 14, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby -Astoria » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Nakena wrote:Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.

Agreed.
Ø| Defences
|Licences
|Food
|Tropes
|AT-scale
|Q&A (new)
|Anthem
|Policies
|Climate
|Leader
|Embassy
|News
≈⭐Federal Republic of Astoria⭐≈
To be, rather than to seem.

New defence arc: Add cartoon weapons of sheer destruction. (suggested by Valentine Z)
Tech: MT/PMT/FanT | Year: 2019 | Theme:
A 9.74 civilisation according to this index. | A class 0.6 civilisation according to this index.
Posts of win | g'night everybody | Thoughts about Astoria | Me | The Yuyencia files

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 96967
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:The PRC won.

Yes and it fucking sucks.

It is what it is.

If the chinese want to change their government, it's on them. However for the typical peasant life is much better now than it was in 1955, and it is continuing to improve, so I dont see them revolting any time soon.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1246
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:08 pm

The PRC are wankers but to say that Taiwan is more legitimate is laughable. Just because Taiwan aren't also mega wankers dosen't mean that somehow their claim over the entrity of China is more legitimate than the people who actually control it.
End Child Marriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
You don't need to know what my pro and anti are as long as you know I think the Alt-Right and SJWs are both irritating and demented.
[| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
Copy and paste this into your sig if you like croissants and think they are more important than gender and sex.

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1246
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Yes and it fucking sucks.

It is what it is.

If the chinese want to change their government, it's on them. However for the typical peasant life is much better now than it was in 1955, and it is continuing to improve, so I dont see them revolting any time soon.

Indeed
End Child Marriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
You don't need to know what my pro and anti are as long as you know I think the Alt-Right and SJWs are both irritating and demented.
[| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
Copy and paste this into your sig if you like croissants and think they are more important than gender and sex.

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 2846
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:11 pm

The Brytish Isles wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
I'm obviously anti-traditionalist because traditionalism in the Sinic sense slows economic and scientific progress and makes life hell. For example it has a uniquely Sinosphere isolationist mindset that I have never seen in any other major civilization. Another issue is Confucian opposition to commerce. A China according to my ideals will be a state as free as Taiwan and as capitalist and as rich as Singapore.

I get what you mean, however, I see capitalism as a quick way to erode a country’s identity, traditions and acts as a gateway to globalisation, something I don’t want.

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

Ditto.

Maoist-Occupied China is an illegitimate state that bought it's recognition through cheap slave labor. Taiwan is the last bastion of a true, free, and proud Chinese Nation.



Chinese citizens live in a police state; you act like they have a choice in what to think.

And again, the so-called "People's Republic" (which is neither of those things) bought it's legitimacy through cheap slave labor.



You say that like it's a bad thing.


I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.

So we have to agree to disagree.

The Chinese people aren't called the Jews of Asia for nothing. The most natural thing we should do is forming a global Anglo-Jewish-Chinese(-Gujarati-Lebanese) alliance of merchants and scholars, not revert to Confucian isolationism.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1404
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:The PRC won.


Damn shame, that.

Ethel mermania wrote:If the chinese want to change their government, it's on them.


LMAO

Are you for real? They did try to change their government once and got their guts torn out by bayonets for their trouble.

Ethel mermania wrote:However for the typical peasant life is much better now than it was in 1955, and it is continuing to improve, so I dont see them revolting any time soon.


Oh yeah, that Social Credit System definitely looks like the path to a better life.

/s
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Patriot - Third Positionist - Nondenominational Christian - Anti-Communist - Islamophobe

User avatar
Trollzyn the Infinite
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1404
Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Agarntrop wrote:The PRC are wankers but to say that Taiwan is more legitimate is laughable. Just because Taiwan aren't also mega wankers dosen't mean that somehow their claim over the entrity of China is more legitimate than the people who actually control it.


IMO, Beijing's claim is more laughable.

How you claim to be the successor to a state that still exists? The very fact that RoC has endured all this time is an embarrassment for them.
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Patriot - Third Positionist - Nondenominational Christian - Anti-Communist - Islamophobe

User avatar
The Brytish Isles
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 137
Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Brytish Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
The Brytish Isles wrote: - snip -


The Chinese people aren't called the Jews of Asia for nothing. The most natural thing we should do is forming a global Anglo-Jewish-Chinese(-Gujarati-Lebanese) alliance of merchants and scholars, not revert to Confucian isolationism.


Whilst that does admittedly sound appealing, it also sounds quite racialist. Given the fact I’m pretty certain of who you are, you don’t have me on board.

My preferred alternative would be a Confucianist-Taoist-Shintoist dominated world, though with Europe being almost purely pagan and the Middle East + Africa under Zoroastrianism or some form of sub worship.

But that’s a pipe dream at best.
Links
Home Page |
Templates |
Embassy |
Dominus Reginam Conseruet
Tech MT · Year Current · Theme

Undergoing redevelopment... again...
Weekly Quote | "The inhabitants of the earth are of two sorts: those with brains, but no religion; and those with religion, but no brains.." - Al-Maʿarri

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 96967
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:The PRC won.


Damn shame, that.

Ethel mermania wrote:If the chinese want to change their government, it's on them.


LMAO

Are you for real? They did try to change their government once and got their guts torn out by bayonets for their trouble.

Ethel mermania wrote:However for the typical peasant life is much better now than it was in 1955, and it is continuing to improve, so I dont see them revolting any time soon.


Oh yeah, that Social Credit System definitely looks like the path to a better life.

/s

Steady food, cleanish water, a large and growing middle class, longer life expectancy, are far more important than what westerners think about china.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 96967
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:The PRC are wankers but to say that Taiwan is more legitimate is laughable. Just because Taiwan aren't also mega wankers dosen't mean that somehow their claim over the entrity of China is more legitimate than the people who actually control it.


IMO, Beijing's claim is more laughable.

How you claim to be the successor to a state that still exists? The very fact that RoC has endured all this time is an embarrassment for them.

They will take care of that in due time.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 2846
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Damn shame, that.



LMAO

Are you for real? They did try to change their government once and got their guts torn out by bayonets for their trouble.



Oh yeah, that Social Credit System definitely looks like the path to a better life.

/s

Steady food, cleanish water, a large and growing middle class, longer life expectancy, are far more important than what westerners think about china.

I agree. Deng and Jiang gave these to China while the Xi fucker may take them away. I can live with Jiang and Hu but not Xi.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41484
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Look I'm just gonna say it the Chinese Empire under the Hongxian Emperor were the last legitimate Chinese government.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aclion, Cannot think of a name, Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia, Estanglia, Evil Dictators Happyland, Fartsniffage, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Greater vakolicci haven, Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum, North German Realm, Ranoria, Salandriagado, Tarsonis, The Democratic Marxists, The Free Panama Commune, Vassenor, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads