NATION

PASSWORD

Kendaryn Coronation Party (Signup/Planning) (FT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kendari
Attaché

Founded: Dec 01, 2003
Ex-Nation

Kendaryn Coronation Party (Signup/Planning) (FT)

Postby Kendari » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:37 pm

Garnyn Delerän has been the king of Kendari for a very long time now, and I've been thinking lately that I ought to let him retire and enjoy some peace and quiet on a beach somewhere. Since Kendari doesn't crown a new monarch very often, it seemed like a good opportunity to invite representatives from other starfaring nations to drop by, enjoy the party, and maybe engage in a little casual diplomacy. It could be a chance for nations that used to have diplomatic ties with Kendari to renew them, for nations that would like diplomatic ties to begin them, or just for people from various nations to meet and chat on fairly neutral and very secure ground. Anyone interested?

Notes
If you'd like to come, post a description of your group. I'm thinking around 3 people per nation, such as one representative with a couple of guards or assistants. More can be brought if there's a reason for it, but check first. Mention any special considerations like unusual dietary requirements.

Weapons are discouraged, although not forbidden. Please mention if any members of your group will be armed. Naturally, security will be very tight, including guards with magical senses who are likely to spot trouble before it starts. If you want to have some sort of violent incident, discuss it OOC first, but I'd prefer to keep things peaceful.

I don't want Kendari's orbit getting crowded with giant battleships and such, so please bring a small ship or leave your vessel out past the system's first asteroid belt. If you don't have FTL-capable small craft, Kendari can provide portals for easy travel to the planet. Alternatively, Kendari is happy to provide transportation for any representatives who lack the means to easily reach the system.

Rooms will be available in the palace for any representatives who wish to stay through the entire day of the celebration. People can arrive any time the day before or up to the opening of the coronation, and leave up to the end of the next day.

Be aware that magic is common in Kendari. If your nation has no exposure to magic, your representatives may see some strange things. If you aren't comfortable with the existence of magic in FT RPs, you may want to pass on this one.

Any nation with enough general IC awareness of Kendari to know about the coronation will also know that Kendari is fervently anti-slavery. If your nation practices slavery, but you still want to send representatives, select people with enough sense not to bring the subject up while visiting.

If enough people sign up, I may bring in a few of my other nations to meet the neighbors. I don't want to spend half the thread talking to myself, but I do have a few interesting representatives in mind if there's enough of a crowd.

Oh, and coronation gifts are optional. You can present something if you want, but showing up empty handed isn't considered rude or anything.

Any questions?

Signed up
Ferret Civilization: Veikko Cornell (representing no nation)
Lotrabme: Sarena Vulcana & party
Rinsing: Representatives of 3 factions
Menschlicher Sternenstaat: Herzog Thomas von Podhalański & guards
Pikasistan: Agrippina Misdrea & guards
Sub Sector Protractis: Jonnako Tsagos, children, & guards
United Human Planets: Anastasia Adebayo, Javed Agrawal, & Thomas Bailey
Varyd Dolzin: Aram Voth Kalchan & company; possibly Jalt Varyd
Allanea: James Kourosh & giftbearers
Last edited by Kendari on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Tier 9, Level 2-6, Type 8 (slight analysis in post)

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Been hoping for an open FT thread, kind of great to see that they are starting to pop back up here. Probably going to regret trying to shoehorn something into this but I am kind of eager to do half arsed and then hate myself later for it. Should not be too hard since it seems like with every combat thread everyone just happens to find themselves in close contact right off the bat. Just need to keep spirits up that this actually takes off eh.

Requesting Invitation
Veikko Cornell, former head of state and government for Ferret Civilization which has gone down an isolationist path and wants to see the galaxy that they once reached out to for himself. He will not be representing any organization or polity other than himself, since the nation he hails from is not powerful in any form it really would not make a difference. Hopefully there is something there to get himself into without having to resort to party crashing if that is even possible, would be kind of a fun though unrealistic path to go down.

Veikko is a Ferret, anthropomorphic kind, the not very original name is being worked on translation wise but it should give enough of an idea what he looks like in an optimistic situation. Typical humanoid appearance; with a canine like snout on the face, two arms, digitigrade legs, and a tail. About three feet tall or under a meter whatever your measurement preference is. No need to bring up any dietary restrictions as it is probably better to not worry about food in the first place, eating can come before and after the event. Though if more information is needed it can be provided.

As for stuff that will be brought, besides himself and clothes that will be it, no gifts and apologizes for that. If the clothes need to be physically searched nothing more than finding out it is made of something like linen and very loose fitting will be discovered.

For the arrival part, well I guess this is where the shoehorning comes into play. Guess it can be worked out that Veikko arrives via regular commercial traffic instead of bringing in an unavailable spaceship or trying to bother with asking for help, have to be humble like that for a non-state actor. That way I can have some pre-event stuff to write about dealing with how he travels around now as a tourist and hears about stuff to actually get myself OOCly involved in things. But that is all up to you to accept I suppose.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:29 am

Sure, an ex-head of state would probably have no trouble getting an invitation if he happened to be in the area. As a former national leader, he probably knows stuff and people, and even if he doesn't, part of IC goal is to show the neighbors that Kendari is a friendly and welcoming nation as long as you don't make trouble. Having a broad assortment of visitors is likely to help with that.

Part of the coronation ceremony is a formal dinner, so they'd try to find out what to serve him. But if you don't want to deal with food issues we can either leave his meal vague or just say he prefers to eat in private with no offense taken.

Regarding transportation, there's some tourism and trade at the planet Kendari, so it wouldn't be especially difficult to get commercial transport there. The planet Korvial is a much bigger tourist destination, and the systems have easy access through a permanent gate station, so hiring a ship or getting a ticket for a regular flight from Korvial to Kendari would by easy and pretty cheap. If he happened to be anywhere in the kingdom, he'd certainly hear about the coronation well in advance. I can give you more information about the various planets in the Kendaryn core systems, along with transportation options and such, if you need some details to work out your arrival plans.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Alright lovely, and I was going for that he would just hear the word going around in one of the many possible trade or other space stations that litter the galaxy since there would be no way of him knowing about really any state or affairs going on around without hearing from it somewhere along his travels. Though that should not be an issue now, can easily write up a leapfrogging type adventure to start off ending with it being the arrival to where he has to be in order to take part in the coronation ceremony. Would love to get some information on some general information regarding just where logistically he would have to go around in order to get to this main destination. As for the formal dinner, probably be easy to just politely decline and enjoy whatever kind of table customs and manners your nation uses. Eating in private being a good excuse for that.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Lotrabme
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lotrabme » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Ooo! A coronation! Count me in for consideration.

We do travel commercially in large vessels, so we will leave our Hulk Galleon outside the asteroid belt and travel in on a smaller civilian Yacht. The merchants on board can conduct trade with Kendaryn traders while the delegates attend the meeting.

We elect to send one of our senior leading diplomats Sarena Vulcana. She comes with express greetings from her cousin and superior Madeline Vulcane, Vice-Chief member of the Sage Council (our executive and judicial supreme body). As a member of the Imperial Apostolic House she is deemed a worthy candidate for attending a royal coronation, and as an adept psychic she is also adept for this mission to a magic using nation.

She would be accompanied by a small group of other characters (only 2 others for RP purposes) who I will mark in depth later if accepted.

Sarena is a Haman which is a human offshoot and is used to human conditions and foods.

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:28 am

Working on a writeup about the kingdom's geography and such. I got a little distracted reading through some of my old stuff to make sure I keep things consistent. Will post more information when it's finished.

Sarena Vulcana sounds entirely suitable. Accepted.

Lotrabme
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lotrabme » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Kendari wrote:Working on a writeup about the kingdom's geography and such. I got a little distracted reading through some of my old stuff to make sure I keep things consistent. Will post more information when it's finished.

Sarena Vulcana sounds entirely suitable. Accepted.

Let us know when you have things written up and ready to go!

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:12 am

Okay, here's an overview of Kendari to get things started with planning transportation and such. In this universe, the kingdom controls three core systems and a border zone, made up of uninhabited systems within Kendari's area of interest and loosely affiliated border worlds, which allow Kendari to construct military bases and carry out a certain degree of oversight in return for military protection and a few other considerations. The exact relationship varies, but most of the border worlds are fairly independent. Some parts of the border zone are pretty dangerous to travel through, some are reasonable as long as you stick to the well-patrolled routes, and some are safe, civilized, and prosperous. Any commercial shipping outfit that does business in the area will know the major safe-passage routes through the border zone, and most of the border worlds will provide directions for the safest course in their area. The Kendaryn government will also work out a route for diplomatic visitors upon request. If you want to include travel through the border zone in your arrival posts, let me know what general sort of experience you want to have there and I'll get some locations and descriptions to fit.

The core systems operate under the kingdom's united government, with equal representation in the legislature and a consistent body of laws. They're also connected by permanent gate stations, so once you reach one of the three it's easy to get to either of the others. The Tenrak system is Kendari's biggest industrial hub, but doesn't have much tourism or carry out a lot of trade directly, so it tends to have the least foreign traffic. Salmath has the most, and would be the easiest system to reach for anyone who didn't get directions specifically for the coronation. It's an unusual system with three planets sharing a stable orbit in the middle of the habitable range. Zatreer is the kingdom's most productive agriculture world, with vast, shallow oceans and numerous islands and small continents. There's some tourism, mostly focused on fishing trips and peaceful retreats on small farms. Korvial had little or no water and no trace of native life when Kendaryn explorers found it, and the kingdom created its biosphere from scratch. It is by far the most urban planet in the core systems, interspersing gleaming cities and lush parkland. It is best known for the Great Library, Kendari's greatest storehouse of information, with vast hardcopy archives and an enormous digital database. Korvial is also a major trade hub, with Kendari's biggest spaceports, and a cultural center with numerous concert halls and art galleries and such. The third planet in the Salmath system, Yamir, is a mist-shrouded enigma. Aside from a handful of approved merchants and diplomats, anyone approaching will be warned away by the planet's pair of orbiting Guardian battlestations. Aside from its three inhabited worlds, the feature that a newcomer would likely find most striking about the Salmath system is the dense field of asteroids obstructing most approaches to the inner system. Beacons and traffic control stations direct ships through the gaps in this field, and close examination would reveal that it has been supplemented by additional asteroids gathered from Kendari's uninhabited systems and that it contains a vast and diverse collection of combat drones - the system's first line of defense, in case of invasion.

The planet Kendari is toward the outer edge of the habitable zone in the Zergin system - the kingdom's political hub and military production center. Kendari has a cool, but mild, climate; its three major continents are heavily forested, showing only a light touch from civilization. The Royal Palace is located in the city of Esantir, which is just far enough north to avoid the worst of the tropical storms while staying close to the milder equatorial temperatures. Zergin has another life-bearing planet, Arferdal, but its heavy gravity and harsh seasons make it only marginally inhabitable. Zergin has two fortified asteroid belts, with staggered approach routes, so it's slower to reach the inner system if your FTL doesn't allow you to jump past them directly. However, the gate stations are within the inner belt, allowing ships to bypass this barrier if coming from one of the other core systems.

Okay, more information coming later, but that gives a general idea of how you might arrive.

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:06 pm

I've been working on putting together some of the minor characters I'll need for the coronation. There are a lot of supernatural gifts that turn up in the Kendaryn population, from under 1% for the rarest ones to around 5% for the relatively common abilities. I generally use RANDOM.ORG and a list of frequencies to determine what gifts people have, and sometimes tweak it a bit if I've got something specific in mind. Most Kendaryns have one or two gifts; three is reasonably common. The RNG handed me a surprise this evening: someone with five major talents.

Sivan Dren is an Adaptive, which means his other magical abilities are more flexible than usual, and easier to learn and control. He's an Elementalist, capable of resisting and manipulating one specific type of elemental energy, and a Protector, with an innate energy shield. He has aura sight, giving him visual indications of the magic and mental state of the people around him. And on top of all this, he's a psi with telekinetic powers. All in all, Sivan is probably one of the strongest individuals in the kingdom. I was planning to include a royal bodyguard with aura sight and glowing eyes, so I went ahead and and added eye lights to his power list - he's already an anomaly, so what's one more power that isn't even useful? Welcome to the Royal Guard, Sivan Dren!

Schedule of Events
Early morning
-Breakfast available for anyone who stayed at the palace overnight (omelettes made to order, pancakes, fresh fruit)
-Informal meetings in the palace gardens
Late morning
-Parade through Esantir
Early afternoon
-Light lunch available (sandwiches, meat pies, etc.)
-Welcoming of guests
--Most visitors arrive in this period
--Opportunities to meet the princess, present gifts, chat with other guests, and such
Late afternoon
-Live concert (Kendaryn celebrations are generally short on speeches and long on music)
Evening
-Formal dinner (This is more a matter of following a traditional structure for the meal than anything else. There are three courses. The first is always a self-contained dish, such as a soup, casserole, or chef's salad, that could be a meal on its own with larger portions. The second is more of a standard main dish combination, with multiple components that go together. The final course is always flexible, with components that are served and eaten independently, to make sure all guests can get enough of what they want. There is also live music, of course.)
-Coronation ceremony
Night
-Closing
--Similar to welcoming period
--Guests that are not staying overnight filter out as they choose
--Desserts are available

Kendaryn formal clothing consist of loose, flowing robes and various hats, with color patterns and stylistic details that indicate connections to noble families, major corporations, and other important groups, or dress uniforms for members of the military. It is appropriate for foreign visitors to wear the traditional formal garb of their cultures. Of course, it's not like the guards will be checking everybody against a database of all the galaxy's clothing. As long as you aren't acting like a major jerk, people will assume that your clothing is intended to be respectful and act accordingly.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Alright that is probably enough general information for me at least to work up some fluff when the time comes whenever you feel like you got enough people or enough time has past to continue or drop this idea. Thinking that my character would probably try to arrive early and leave late so he would take up those free sleeping arrangements to get to enjoy experiencing the local cultural more on top of being apart of the more formal celebration. So to keep you busy while the wait continues, what are the sleeping arrangements provided like?

Asfaltum
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asfaltum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:03 am

Tag for future interest, relating to previously discussed backroom dealings with the retiring regent. Will send one guy, possibly a drone companion, small-ish vessel.

Lotrabme
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lotrabme » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:34 am

I concur with ferret, the information is much appreciated.

Sarena would try to arrive early, most likely the night before, and be up for breakfast and the first of the days events.

Rinsing
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rinsing » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:41 pm

The Elevated Council of Rinsing is an over-government with 10 member nations, which have an alliance against any outside invaders, but very different inclinations regarding trade and outside alliances. Would it be acceptable to send three representatives for each of the three major factions? I realize this is a large group, but on the plus side, all of them will bring gifts.
The Grand Coalition
Ezo Leafsong
Male elf; member of the Council of Druids in the Ivy of Celebration
Olat Stonecandle
Male human; Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Empire of Droplets
Urist Brighthammer the Frilly Outrage of Shoves
Female dwarf; Royal Champion of the Emerald Helms
Weapons etc.
Artifact battleaxe
Artifact kinetic pulse gun
Various pieces of artifact armor
The Dark Triad
Rustu Eelwhisper the Wraith of Gleaming
Male goblin; High Priest of Ronux in the Snarling Plague
Special considerations
Goblins enjoy some plant matter in their food, but are obligate carnivores and require meat/fish/etc. for the bulk of their diet.
Kima Steelstaff
Female hybrid (looks mostly human); heir to the throne of the Intricate Silken Realm
Ostro Siegedream the Abyssal Warrior of Actions
Ylth; legendary hero from the League of Tangling
Special considerations
Ostro is a vampire, and will feed before arriving, since she requires a live animal
Ylth are not built to sit down and do not use chairs. They can crouch fairly well, but Ostro should be placed somewhere she won't obstruct others' views too much.
Weapons etc.
Artifact shield
Artifact knife
Artifact sabre
Artifact siege crossbow
The Rogue Affiliate
Relim Teth-Vanak vil Kaldrak
Male rastav; senior chief of the Kaldrak Spike in the Splash of Spikes
Special considerations
Rastavs are predators, using plants only for seasoning and tea. They are also larger than humans, so Relim will need bigger portions.
Rastavs have a serpentine body structure. They usually rest in a coiled position, using no chair and taking up some extra floor space.
Ethere
Zalsar queen; Hive Queen of the Methodical Bulwark of Gravel's Void-Hive 2
Special considerations
Zalsar queens have a low-slung body structure, but are very large, often exceeding elephants in size.
Ceta
Zalsar warrior; personal guard of Ethere
Special considerations
Zalsar warriors are roughly twice human size, so a somewhat larger than normal chair would be appreciated.

If this is too many, I can cut it down to one for each faction: Urist Brighthammer, Ostro Siegedream, and Relim vil Kaldrak.

Note that the League of Tangling specializes in bioengineering and would send a pet as their coronation gift. The creature is small, loyal, and has some mildly useful abilities.

Most of the representatives would probably arrive early, but the Hive Queen cannot be away from her people for a lengthy period and would come with her personal guard for the afternoon welcoming. Void-Hive 2 will stay in the outer system while a small ship brings the representatives down.
The Elevated Council of Rinsing is a loose coalition of ten nations with drastically different cultures and political structures.
Factbook

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:08 am

Ferret Civilization wrote:So to keep you busy while the wait continues, what are the sleeping arrangements provided like?

I haven't put together a detailed layout of the palace yet, but it's got a couple of wings of guest/visitor quarters. Suites include a sitting/meeting/eating area, a bathroom, and varying numbers of bedrooms to accommodate different sized groups. Each bedroom can be locked independently. Most of them are sized and configured for human-like visitors, but there are a few larger and smaller quarters. Most furniture is portable, and can be exchanged for more specialized furnishings on request. Unless you need some really weird furniture, they should be able to find something suitable. The standard chairs are built to allow tails, mostly with the Yamiri in mind. Food will also be prepared on request; anything reasonably common should be available. I'll write up a more detailed description of the furnishings and such when we get things started, but I'm happy to answer questions about them.

Rinsing: considering the complex political situation, the larger group is acceptable. (And I like gifts.)

Menschlicher Sternenstaat
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschlicher Sternenstaat » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:11 am

Consider me interested, much like the others - I have only been so far in closed or private roleplays, and thus am hoping to expand my horizons OOCly. In an IC fashion, the Menschlicher Sternenstaat has only very recently opened itself to the international scene through the spearheading of diplomatic advances under the current Staatskanzler, and as a result, any men or women sent to the Kingdom of Kendari may be woefully ignorant of anything beyond a superficial understanding of its culture. It may make for some good interactions! Or other tones of such...

Diplomatic Entourage
      Herzog Thomas von Podhalański — A noble duke from the Staat agri-world of Sliessen, von Podhalański has been chosen by the Staat's diplomatic corps for a mission to Kendari as a means of beginning a possibly fruitful relationship. He is old, but not shriveled - Thomas can handle all food and drink fine. His uniform is something I will expound on when actual posts come, but it is in the form of the traditional Veran nobility, incarnating as a military-styled grey attire with medals and awards in full display.
      Hauptmann Marian Schwefel — von Podhalański's trusted bodyguard, Marian is an older man with a stern demeanor and equally stoic uniform similar to that of his duke. He will not be bringing firearms to this mission as per the qualifications of the Kingdom of Kendari, but will be bringing an officer's tac-sword for both show and defense.
      Gefreiter Joachim el-Soliman — One of Marian's men from the Hauptmann's 1st Noble Company of Lossow, Joachim is tagging along to support Marian in his security efforts and as a reward for his actions in serving abroad in international missions to combat piracy near the Staat. He will be adorned in a "higher enlisted" uniform for this occasion, wearing the regalia of his duke and captain despite not officially being deserving of so from rank. Joachim will also be equipped with a tac-sword, but not of officer's adornment.
    Transportation
      The trio will arrive in the Ohlangen-class clipper. Designed within the last century to quickly and efficiently transport VIPs over the span of hundreds of light years if needed, it is small at around 98 meters in length. Its crew will not disembark, thus not being needed to be included in the diplomatic entourage.
    Coronation Gift
      The coronation gift will be a hand-crafted traditional-style sword made on the world of Sliessen at the behest of von Podhalański's best weaponsmiths, with jewels and precious metals affixed and coating most of its surface.

Miscellaneous: The trio will most likely require accommodations due to planning to arrive early and leaving late - however, the duties of von Podhalański's houseguards will necessitate them to have temporary residence in their duke's suite.

Pikasistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pikasistan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:31 am

The Greater Imperium of Pikasistan is interested to partake in this roleplay as well. However before any confirmation can be made, I would like to know if the Kendaryn are a human nation or not, since it would ICly affect the participation of the nation in such celebrations. If they are indeed humans, the Pikasistani delegation would be as such:

The Greater Imperium of Pikasistan
Agrippina Misdrea
Human female; High Nobility of Laecia, wife of Senator Leandros Misdrea. Will be wearing extravagant dresses during the entirety of her sojourn.
"Romulus"
Human male; Bodyguard
"Remus"
Human male; Bodyguard
Special considerations:
Pikasistani are a fiercely xenophobic people, seating should take in consideration that sitting a Pikasistani next to anything but another human will result in verbal aggression. The Pikasistani will also arrive early, the noblelady desiring to visit the world before the ceremonies actually begin. They might also leave late, depending on the celebrations, so arrangements should be made for their lodging at least three days before the ceremonies and two after them.
Gifts:
A series of books detailing the entirety of recorded Pikasistani history and a couple of bottles of wine grown on the domains of Lady Misdrea
Weapons etc.
Stun batons and energy pistols which are non-lethal, although powerful enough to cause severe injuries. Full body plating with red stripes, will be helmet-less inside the Palace.
Vessel
Space Yacht "Raxum", only equipped with point-defenses to fend off pirates and protect it from debris and micro-asteroids.
NSFT player, Member of the OSJ

RETIRED:
Former Commander of the LCA
Former Grey Warden
Former SPSF
Former Middle Council of Gatesvilles Inc member
Last ruler of Gilgamesh

Alignment: Defender, Anti-WA

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Kendari wrote:Most of them are sized and configured for human-like visitors, but there are a few larger and smaller quarters.

Perfect, easy enough to imagine what it can look like going off of that and be hopefully like two funny paragraphs going through dealing with that. Least that will be a starting goal for me to fluff, thanks again for the information. Nice to see that this is starting to take off in interest, lots of reading to look forward to.

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Pikasistan wrote:The Greater Imperium of Pikasistan is interested to partake in this roleplay as well. However before any confirmation can be made, I would like to know if the Kendaryn are a human nation or not, since it would ICly affect the participation of the nation in such celebrations. If they are indeed humans, the Pikasistani delegation would be as such:

Humans make up about 50% of the kingdom's population. Around 30% are nertar, a feline-variant humanoid species native to the planet Kendari. Sentient robots are about 10% of the population, and the rest are a smattering of other species. I haven't done a detailed list of the rarer species yet, but Kendari is the sort of place that would take in refugees and such as long as they're psychologically capable of getting along with the other residents, and I wanted to keep my options open if I decide to add a character from one of my other nations or a species I haven't brought into NS. The king and princess are human, but a few nonhumans will have prominent roles in the coronation ceremony (including the current Yamiri ambassador, who vaguely resembles a dragon with three eyes).

I don't know if humans and nonhumans living in perfectly harmonious equality would be better or worse for your xenophobes than the slime-dripping, chitinous horde of their nightmares.

...Blast it, now I need to go through my puppets and decide if I can convert one of them into a relentlessly cheerful and friendly, but terrifying, collection of slime-dripping, chitinous monstrosities. Otherwise that "new nation" button may get too tempting to resist.

Pikasistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pikasistan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:37 am

Kendari wrote:I don't know if humans and nonhumans living in perfectly harmonious equality would be better or worse for your xenophobes than the slime-dripping, chitinous horde of their nightmares.

Both are extremely horrifying, as one means the humans are tainted by xeno ideals and is a sign of inherent weakness. However, considering that 55.55% of your biological population is human and that the ruling class is also human, the Greater Imperium shall attend, but will probably be unsettled and even disgusted by some of your practices.
NSFT player, Member of the OSJ

RETIRED:
Former Commander of the LCA
Former Grey Warden
Former SPSF
Former Middle Council of Gatesvilles Inc member
Last ruler of Gilgamesh

Alignment: Defender, Anti-WA

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:34 pm

MS: Accepted, and apologies for somehow missing your post when you first put it up. As long as nobody offers to buy the servants or something, unfamiliarity with Kendaryn culture shouldn't cause any major problems.

Pika: Accepted, and I'll be sure to seat your people next to humans who will refrain from calling them creepy, xenophobic nitwits to their faces.

There will be some hints about the way the Kendaryn succession works in the RP, but not necessarily a detailed description of it, so I thought I'd go ahead and post a summary here. In essence, the monarch is expected to choose the most suitable heir from among the younger members of the royal family. Since they can't be expected to remain objective about their own children, the heir cannot be a direct descendant of the current monarch. Once the heir is selected, they must be approved by the legislature and the heads of the noble houses - although a high enough vote of the legislature can overrule a rejection by the nobles. Most of the time, the monarch maintains a short list that is kept private in case of unexpected death; if needed, the legislature will vote on each until one is approved. When the monarch is starting to think about retiring, they will make an official announcement of their chosen heir, usually going to the legislature and nobility first to make sure there won't be any problems. The heir then goes through a period of training until the monarch feels they are ready to take over.

On a few occasions, people have been adopted into the royal family to make them eligible as heir to the throne, but their children do not join the family unless also adopted on an individual basis.

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:12 pm

The Sub Sector would like to send these three delegates:

Grand Prior, Jonnako Tsagos-Lord of War for the Sub Sector

Knight Commander Alexander Tsagos-Son and heir to the Tsagos Fiefdoms

Dame Sofia Tsagos-Daughter and oldest Child of Tsagos

They will be accompanied by 7 Squared, elite Soliders of the house guard, two for each memeber and one to stay at the lander.

The Voidship that would bring the delegation will stay farther back as they are rather large.

The delegation can arrive and depart at the convenience of the host and the availibility of suites.

I will throw a link to the fact book shortly. Please bare with me as I only have a Mobile device to rp off of at this time. Pictures of the guards and delegates are available in the noble houses tab of the factbook.
A 6.1 civilization, according to this index.

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:27 pm

SSP: The group is a little large, but arrangements can be made. Accepted. Would two adjacent suites be suitable?

I wrote up a little description of magic as it is known and studied in Kendari. Getting ready to work on a post about a group of my characters arriving in the Zergin system the day before the coronation, to take care of some business on Kendari and attend the public portions of the celebration. This should have most of the information people need to start working out their arrival posts.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:39 am

Here's my application.

As for a little background, the Federation Of United Human planets is the eventual end point of where the United Nations has ended up now that humanity is a space faring species. It is structured similarly to the United States, but with far more autonomy for the individual nations, planets and other groups within it. Each nation is allowed to govern itself however it chooses, so long is it does not violent any humanitarian laws. Humanitarian laws being broken results in the government sending in the UNM, or United Nations Military to set them straight. Nations no longer are permitted to operate militaries, and any that are found to be operating anything even akin to a military force results in the UNM being sent in.

In terms of life in the UHP, it all depends on where you live. Some places are far more free than others, and much of the interstellar economy and politics is run by corporation rather than by governments. It is corporations that build ships, run shipping lines, mine for resources, and allow for travel. This results in much of interstellar scale politics being a large, confounding bureaucracy. The real power in space however is the UNM, and in particular their many front corporations used to conduct espionage to keep the many company's in check.

Outside of the UHP, the nation is very similar in foreign policy to Russia. A powerful nation, with dreams of becoming a superpower. They do this through a combination of wielding their considerable economy, and are often involved in proxy wars as well as so called "peacekeeping operation" that are really just excuses to invade smaller nations and set up satellite states. The nation has recently completed its second super carrier, and though typically avoids large scale conflicts is more than capable of fighting other major powers should it arise.

In terms of military doctrine, the UHP tends to try and make it so that any attempted invasion would be far to costly to be worth it, even if their opponent is technically able to win. There are four branches of the military, the Army, the Navy, the Marines and the Orbit Guard. The Army mostly is used for large scale invasions and occupations. The Marines are the fast action response group and are responsible for defending Navy ships, as well as being the first on the ground in any invasions, making them the blunt end of the UHP's stick. The Marines also field the famous OGT's, or Orbit To Ground Troopers, as well as LRAC, the Long Range Assault Corp, who's job is to conduct special operations far away from UHP territory and military. The Navy is responsible for zero gravity operations, and fields a wide range of destroyers, carries, battleships and dreadnoughts, and are are the most respected branch. The Orbit Guard is mostly involved in anti piracy actions, and is tasked with keeping the territory controlled by the UHP safe from the inside.

As well as the four main branches, there is also the Office Of Intelligence Services, who are responsible for foreign intelligence and espionage. They are also directly responsible for the oversight of the GAT Program, who create the greatly feared Genetically Augmented Trooper Corp. The Genetically Augmented Troopers, or GAT's as they are mot commonly known, are selected from the military and augmented to be stronger, faster and smarter than any other soldiers on the field, and are equipped with full body power armor. The OIS is also responsible for the management of military AI's, which are used to help in strategy, running of ships, and any and all jobs that would be difficult for humans to do without wasting manpower.

Other major Offices in the UHP inclue the Office Of Foreign Affairs, the Security Council, the Office Of The President, The Office Of Urban Development, and the Office Of Colonial Affairs.

The Federation Of United Human Planets
Diplomatic Assignments
Office Of Foreign Affairs, Interstellar United Nations
Arcadia Office, Apache Station

Official Reassignment Of Diplomats

To whom it may concern,

As of October 3rd, Earth Calendar, the following persons are to report to the starship ISS Sol, for reassignment to a diplomatic mission to form the basis of future relations with the Kendari peoples. Their mission is simple, make connections, and form the basis for future positive relations between the United Human Planets and the Kendari peoples, as there has been up till now little diplomatic contact. It is hoped that by forging ties with other interstellar powers, the UHP will be able to further its goals of gaining influence within the Orion Arm.

The following are the three being reasigned from the Office Of Foreign Affairs, Arcadia.

Mrs Anastasia Adebayo. We believe that her expertise on foreign cultures and societies will assist in making first impressions with the Kendari, as well as any other representatives the party may meet.

Mr Javed Agrawal. We hope that the many ties with business that Mr Agrawal has formed will allow us to quickly make a basis for trade with the Kendari, and from there open doors for further agreements and trade.

Mr Thomas Bailey. It is believed that Mr Baileys expertise as a retired member of the OGT's will make him a prime candidate to act as bodyguard and military liason for this mission. He is tasked with both protecting the other two diplomats, as well as creating the foundations of a possible military alliance between the UHP and Kendari.

OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION - OFFICIAL EYE'S ONLY - CLEARANCE LEVEL FIVE AND ABOVE

Office Of Intelligence Services

Lets not beat around the bush here with any kind of formality, we all know why we have received this. After recruitment of Thomas Bailey from the OGT's, he has proven to be capable but hasn't had any major operations yet, but the higher ups have seen fit to call on us for this mission. Bailey has been selected as the liason for the military in this diplomatic mission, and we all know what that means.

We are a strong nation, but by no means the most powerful, and so it is up to us to project our strength in the Arm and the galaxy beyond. His job is simple. He is to build a military alliance with the Kendari, help us build bases in their space. Its our hope that if he is successful, we can begin major mining operation and gain a foothold in their space transportation industries. He needs to be successful, we need him to set the groundwork's so that the Kendari are within our sphere of influence.

Now, Im going to be completely honest here. I didn't want Bailey for this mission. He's a thug, an enforcer, good for black operations and getting under peoples skin, not for this sort of shit. But Nguyen, you went over my head and recommended him to the higher ups, who took your advice and so now my hands are tied. But I want to be completely clear. I am still in charge of OIS here in Arcadia System, and if your man fucks this up, its going to be your ass on my silver platter. As well as anyone else who I learn had something to do with this. You're all on thin fucking ice. Keep your man under control Nguyen, and lets make this operation a success.
Last edited by United Human Planets on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Varyd Dolzin
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Varyd Dolzin » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:24 pm

In light of our shared interests in Kherandafsah and our longstanding cooperation on the issue of slavery, Varyd Dolzin requests permission to station one of our Dragon Ships within 2 light seconds of Kendari. A 2.2 km battlecruiser is not exactly a small ship, but it can hold position outside of the normal orbits, and this will allow the use of a fast, short-ranged shuttle for landing.

Jalt Varyd is hoping to attend personally, but tends to be quite busy and may not be able to make it.

All representatives will leave their personal pistols with the guards at the palace gate.

Aram Voth Kalchan
Tzangyn male. One of Varyd Dolzin's two top-ranked diplomats, focused on friends and allies.

Nora Daliserian
Human female. Captain of the Golden Gale and one of Varyd Dolzin's best squadron commanders.

Mara Kalteer
Kalteer (enhanced human) female. Nora's bodyguard.
Weapons: pair of katar-style push daggers.

Jalt Varyd
Founder and leader of Varyd Dolzin.
Weapons: transformation, spell-weaving, conjuring.

Kendari
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kendari » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:29 pm

UHP: Heh, that should be interesting. Perhaps it's a good thing I was planning on introducing my new battleship class in this thread? Accepted.

Varydi ships are always welcome in Kendaryn space, of course.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents