NATION

PASSWORD

The Hawk Privateers - A Pirate's Tale (MT/CLOSED/INVITE)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

The Hawk Privateers - A Pirate's Tale (MT/CLOSED/INVITE)

Postby Port Ember » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:17 am

The Hawk Privateers - A Pirate's Tale

OOC NOTES:

This thread is closed unless invited by myself to participate.

This thread tells the stories of piracy attacks committed by the Hawk Privateers, a for-hire piracy organisation.

You can hire the Hawks here, and then the contract will be filfulled IC on this thread.

The Hawks Nest - About the Island

The Hawks Nest is the unofficial name given to the secret island and base of the Hawk Privateers. The island is located somewhere on an unknown island of the Port Emberian Archepileago (an island group of more than 200 islands).

The island is rumuored to have been used as a secret base of operations by a group of unkown pirates in the 18th century and was later abondoned. It was eventually rediscovered by Admiral Hawk and was then repaired and rebuild to serve as his own base of operations.

Its location remains a mystery, and only the privateers living on and working from it knows its exact location.

The island consists out of a large sheltered port where the pirate navy is harbored safely and maintained in-between missions, and of various structures located on the island, resembling a small town - making it a self sustainable base of operations for the organisation.

The Hawks Nest - Important Landmarks

The Port Quarter

The port is located within a sheltered bay which offers protection from detection and tropical monsoons alike and consists out of the Port and the Dry Dock.

The Port

The port harbours the pirate's vessels when not out on missions in a safe environment, and allows easy access for routine maintenance and resupply for the docked vessels. The adjacent port facilities includes fuel/water tanks and pumps and a repair workshop.

The Dry Dock

Immediately adjacent to the port is the island's Dry Dock, which allows the capability to perform repairs on vessels of a more serious nature.

The Work Quarter

The Work Quarter is situated just in-land from the port and in between the port and the town uphill. It consists out lf various old style warehouses, utilised for various functions.

The Warehouses

The Work Quarter consists out of a number of old style brickbuild warehouses, used for a variety of purposes on a daily basis to sustain the pirates in both their missions and their daily lives. A few examples of the purposes used:

- Magazine
- General Store
- Food Store
- Butchery
- Fishery
- Factories (Various)

The Town

The Town is located hillside and inland, not far from the port and work quarter. It is where all the resident pirates resides and spends their free time, and also where the administrative tasks are carried out.

The Villa

The Villa was constructed by the original inhabitants in the 18th century and left abondoned ever since. The building has been repaired and restored to its former glory by the Admiral's construction crew when he took posession of the island.

The 18th century villa is a double story home build with both italian and english victorian architectural influences and is constructed with indigenous stone, finally plastered and painted yellow.

The Villa serves as the personal abode of Admiral Hawk (the leader of the organisation), and as the administrative offices of the company. The following lists the rooms used within the villa:

- Admiral's Living Quarters
- Adjutant's Office
- General Administration Office
- Conference Room
- Guest Rooms and Quarters

The Villa also boasts a beautifull adjacent garden filled with exotic and tropical plants. Due to the tropical weather, the garden is a favourite hang-out place for the Admiral and he enjoys drinking coffee here.

The Tavern

Arguably the busiest and favourite building upon the island. This 18th century villa is a double story building build with both italian and english victorian architectural influences and is constructed with indigenous stone, finally plastered and painted pink.

This building serves as the local bar for the resident pirates, where alcohol is sold and music serves as entertainment. Another popular past time practiced inside is unorganised gambling, specifically poker, blackjack and dice.

The second story of the tavern serves as the local brothel to satisfy the 'companionship needs' of the resident pirates.

The Clinic

The island's clinic is an old restored home located within The Town, transformed into a small clinic to treat the injuries and diseases of the residents and employee's. The Clinic is managed by an actual medical doctor in the employ of the organisation.

Crew Quarters

The rest of The Town consists out of various old homes and structures which was revamped into living quarters for the employees and residents.

The Hawks Nest - General Infrastructure

Infrastructure related to maintaining the Combat Readiness status of the Hawk's:

The company maintains several infrastructure to sustain themselves for their combat readiness during their piracy missions, including:

- Ship Repair Infrastructure (Port/Dock/Repair Shop)
- Ship's Fuel bunkers and pumps
- Ammunition/weapon/equipment storages
- Gunsmith workshops
- Ammunition factory

Infrastructure relating to maintaining the basic human needs of the Hawk's:

The company maintains several infrastructure to sustain themselves for their basic human needs during their daily lives including:

- Various food infrastructure (Small farms, Butcheries, Fisheries)
- Clinic
- Tavern for entertainment
- Electricity (Sunpanels, Wind Turbines, Generators)
- Water Purification Plant

Infrastructure relating to self defence:

The company maintains several infrastructure to defend themselves in the unlikely event of an attack on their island:

- Anti Ship Missile Batteries
- Anti Air Missile Batteries
- Bunkers
- Minefields
- Tunnel Systems
Last edited by Port Ember on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:18 am

RESERVED - WIP
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.

Port Ember
Ambassador

The Capture of Riley Marshall (Concluded)

Postby Port Ember » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:17 am

This RP Thread relates directly to the IC Contract between the Hawk Privateers and Bekian Impei

The Capture of Riley Marshall

Excerpt from the diary of Captain Albert Black - A captain employed by the Hawk Privateers

Entry 1

Today I was summoned to report to the office of Adjutant Peter Snyders. This is always an.. interesting event to say the least, as ye' never know whether it will be good or bad news. The adjutant is an interesting post here, affording the holder immense power, and even greater responsibility. The Adj serves as the chief contract negotiator between the company and potential clients, and works as the chief administrative officer of the company. Lasty and most importantly, he serves as the Admiral's iron fist basically, acting as the chief disciplinarian of the raid commanders, aka the Captain's.

Today's summoning was actually good news for a change, as the adjutant informed me that I have been chosen to execute the next contract. About bloody time I say! My friend and friendly rival Captain Finigan, was awarded the last contract to take out a aircraft carrier, and is still away on that job. If he is to return without me ever being on a successfull raid, he would have reasonable rights to mock me.

The tasks I was chosen for is an interesting one. I am to hunt down a lightly armed yacht, board it and capture the master, a suspected leader of some or other rebellion or terrorist cell, and sink the vessel.

So later during the day I met the Admiral in the Conference Room and had to present him my plan. This is one aspect I immensely respect and enjoy from being part of the Hawk's, and no longer the Navy, is the fact that I can present my own plan, and literally choose my own vessel(s), equipment, weapons and even crew. So the plan I presented to the Admiral was short and sweet:

Mission:

I am to sail to the South Bekian Sea and search for the yacht named the Red Velvet. This vessel is to be boarded, and the man named Riley Marshall is to be captured alive and handed over to Agent X. The vessel is to be sunk on completion.

Situation:

The South Bekian Sea lies within the territorial waters of The People's Republic of Bekian Impei, who is also our employer for this contract, and more directly, The semi-autonomous Bekian-Crysukon region's waters, under observation of their own coast gaurd, who has several patrol boats and one naval cruiser operating in the region.

Threats:

The target, the yacht Red Velvet is rumoured to be fitted with 2 x Heavy Machine Guns - unknown type, and crewed by atleast 20 crew members, most probably armed with civilian level weaponry, like pistols, shotguns and hunting rifles. This crew is suspected to be members of a newly established Rebel/Terrorist force/cell, and therefore would most probaly have at the minimum, militia level training.

Furthermore the area in which we will operate is an hostile area under control of the semi-autonomous Bekian-Crysukon region's coast gaurd, who has several patrol boats and one naval cruiser operating in the region. These vessels are hostile and should be avoided where possible.

Lastly, our employer, The People's Republic of Bekian Impei is also likely to have naval assets in the region, yet does not know of our mission and/or alignment and must therefore be seen as hostile, and avoided at all costs.

Requested Equipment:

Vessel(s): I request to utilise 01 x Rydell Class Cargo ship as my mothership, with 4 x RHIB's onboard. The ship is to be registered under a Chinese registration, masquarading as a tradership, delivering agricultural equipment to The People's Republic of Bekian Impei.

Crew: I submited a list of 30 crew members whom I want to form part of this mission, which includes the vessel's crew and the boarding party.

Weapons:

- 10 x CSR-21 rifles for self defence purposes of the crew;

- 20 x SMG-21SF's as the main weapons of the Boarding Party;

- 20 x CSP-21 pistols as secondaries for the Boarding Party;

- 10 x Panther MANPAD Systems for anti air/ship defence.

- Various explosives, ranging from smoke/flashbang/HE grenades.

- Sufficient Ammo for above mentioned firearms.

Cargo

- Sufficient fuel/water/food/medical supplies for 50 days at sea, as to cancel the need to dock and resupply.

- Agricultural Equipment to fit in with our cover story

Intelligence Assistance:

I requested a hired asset to masquarade as a fisherman in the target waters to find the target vessel and forward its co-ordinates to my ship.

The Admiral seemed impressed with my plan and approved all aspects of it. Thus I am now off to the tavern to enjoy a few bottles of my favourite spiced rum before I start my search for some female companionship, before we head for sea in the morrow.

Entry 2

We have been at sea now for little over a week and have crossed into the South Bekian Sea yesterday early morning. So far there has been no serious issues, as the ship is running as smoothly as a baby's bottom, and the crew has not displayed the faintest discipline challenges. We have also been blessed with fair weather and calm sea's for our entire journey so far.

The only potential drama came in the form of a routine check from a patrol boat of the semi-autonomous Bekian-Crysukon coast gaurd, who boarded us for inspection. They were certainly slightly suspicious to learn that we were a chinese trading vessel, yet none of the crew was actually chinese! I managed to ease their tensions by explaining that we were international traders merely sub contracted by a chinese trading conglomorate. The boarding party made a call to their land control to do a background check, which came back clean. They also did a superficial inspection on our cargo, and only saw out agricultural equipment in the hold, as per our manifest. I am sure glad that the Hawk's pays so such marvelous attention to detail when creating our fake profiles!

We have also received some brilliant news - our locally hired asset has discoverd the location of our Prize and has forwarded me the co-ordinates! We are currently steaming hard for that location, and if all goes well, we will finalise our contract tonight still!!

Entry 3

Glory to the Jolly!

We picked up the radar contact of the Red Velvet tonight, exactly where our asset informed us that they would be. We continued to make radio contact with her, imforming her that we were passing through to the nearest port and were simple traders. The Prize fell for our cover story and thought nothing of our presence.

At about 2am I led the Boarding Party as we launched two RHIBS to storm the prize. She did not even make radar contact with the RHIBS due to their speed and small profiles. Using the cover of the moonless night and the ungodly hour to our advantage, we managed to board the Red Velvet without being discovered and was safe from the two mounted machine guns.

The two deckside sentries on duty noticed us too late, and could not reach for their hunting rifles in time, and were slaughtered with our silinced firearms before they could raise the alarm. The 'bridge' alongiside the duty crew were captured without resistance due to our immense speed and surprise. After we were forced to kill three of the crew members to force some co-operation from the survivors, the helmsman gave us the exact location of the room where Riley Marshall was asleep in.

Below decks we went and slaughtered four more awake crew members silently who was to slow to reachbfoe their shotguns during our entrance. We quickly found our target man and knocked him out with a serum. We swiftly and silently carried him to our RHIBS. While speeding back to our mothership, we launched two Panther Missiles against the yacht, ripping her apart like butter with a hot knife. The surviving crew surely drowned there and then with their beautifull vessel.

We wasted no time in taking the target to shore, where we handed his comotose yet healthy body to our government contact, concluding our mission. Once we were back onboard our vessel, we set course for home. A glorious day for the Black!!
Last edited by Port Ember on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Port Ember
Ambassador

The Raid on Freetown (Concluded)

Postby Port Ember » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:42 am

This RP Thread is the resultant story based on the IC Contract between the Hawks and Mother Earth Revolutionary Army

The Raid on Freetown

Excerpt from the diary of Admiral Nathanial Hawk

Bless Poseidon's beard! My company has finally managed to hit the mother of all treasures! We have been contracted for the largest job yet, one which will bring us mountains of wealth and glory! When and if we manage to succeed, our infamy will surely grab the attention of the world, and we will be drowned with new contracts!

We have been contracted to face off against a powerfull foe - The People's Republic of 6th National Revolutionary France, to raid and sack their colonial capital of Freetown in Sierra Leone.

Now I am no fool - I know that a contract of this magnitude will be no fool's errand. This will be our toughest job yet, and will require the maximum men, firepower, ships, skill and luck. Thus I will lead this expidition myself and not delegate this titanic task to one of my captains. They are all capable bastards, yet this job is too risky to trust it to anyone but myself.

I am still awaiting all my preparations to be concluded, but so far I am preparing the following:

- 50 x Jolly Roger Missile Boats (My entire Missile Boat Fleet)

- 1 x Orca Class Frigate

- 30 x Rydell Class Cargo Ships

- 2 x Black Eagle Attack Choppers

- 5 x Albatross Mk2 Transport Choppers

I have also contracted a large contingent of Bergian mercenaries to fight alongside us in the raid. These are men born and bred as warriors, only loyal to money. They are a fantastic resource to have as a trump card, and i am awaiting their arrival to the Hawk's Nest.

Glorious days lies ahead!

Entry 2

I feel the familiar and addictive feeling of a mix of adrinaline and excitement coursing through my oldened vains! We have been at sea for more than a week now, and I know that every wave that crashes upon the bow of my ship, is one wave length closer to Freetown, where my defining moment awaits!

Travelling with such a massive armada is quite a tedious task, especially considering the fact that my armada is one of pirates, thus leading to the fact that we should remain hidden for our entire journey. A true laborous task it is! I have broken my armada down into smaller groupings, named 'packets', which all sails individually, with the sole intent of avoiding detection and suspicion. All these small 'packets' are to meet up and rally at a pre determined location, close to the waters of our target nation, just before the commencement of our attack. It is certainly a tedious and time consuming task, yet an effective one.

Traveling in such 'packets' does bring me one small pleasure - the pleasure of foccussing more on the ocean around me compared to the attention I would have spend on traffic control if we did sail as an individual armada. This is a true joy, as the ocean is where my heart truly lies. Always have and always will. The absolute beauty of the open ocean, and the inticing promise of absolute and total freedom and adventure that it may offer to those pioneers who are brave enough to grab for it - with the added fear and promise of mystery and death - is and always will be the ultimate irony in my life. This mass of water, salt and fish as a rule, is the true art canvas of this world. The ultimate artistic masterpiece. I can spend hours on the deck, sucking on a cigar and stare into the vastness of the ocean without speaking a word - my mind becoming enlightened and inspired with every gaze I complete.

Now I would like to pen my thoughts on our companions who have embarked on this journey with us - the Bergian mercenaries. They are truly a remarkable and interesting bunch to say the least. I have contracted a battallion size of these warriors to ensure our attack is successfull, and this will be the first time I work with them. These men are natives of the island of Bergia, and they are natural warriors. Hell each and every citizen of this tribe undergoes a type of 'Road of the Warrior Journey' as teens which transforms them into capable warriors, after which they all undergo a two year conscription within the Bergia military. And after that - it seems its quite a popular practice to form a group of mercenaries-for-hire to gain the oppertunity to travel the world and fight it at the same time. I am fortunate to have been able to hire these life long warriors!

Speaking off the contract which lies ahead, I feel its important that I pen down my personal opinion on this matter.. As I have mentioned, we are to raid and sack the city of Freetown - Siera Leone. This place is a so called satelite state (aka a puppet state) of the newly established French Republic. This new revolutionary version of France stands for many things, of which their strongest stances seems to be anti-capitalism, anti-globalism, anti-imperialism and anti-colonialism. The irony of the fact that I am to lay siege to this very nation's puppet state is not lost on me. This new France is a mixture between communism and fascism labeled under the fancy term of 'Le correctivisme populaire' - just another attempt to label the vile and evil which is socialism. They preach violently against capitalist democracy and threatens all of the free peoples of the world. This vile and evil bastards sickens me. I will not pretend that my reasons for waging war against this monsters is for pure ideological and political reasons - wealth and glory is most definitely my main influence, yet the deal is certainly made sweeter by the fact that I can gain wealth and glory whilst fighting against an ideology which I most certainly despise.

As much as I truly enjoy finally being back at sea, I can no longer wait to get this job underway and lift the Jolly for freedom!

PART 3

The Attack of the Black!
Sierra Leone - Freetown
Hawk Privateers

The massive fleet of privateers arrived just outside the international waters of Sierra Leone, grouping together as one massive armada - most probaly the largest private armada ever assembled in recent history - and what a sight it was! It was not just the amount of ships assembled which could inspire awe and fear, it was also the types of vessels assembled - as it was some of the most modern and fearsome ships available. All these modern machines of death flew a large banner, which could be identified as the banner of the Mother Earth Revolutionary Army. The banners flapped gently in the gentle early morning wind, with the smell of ocean and salt dominating the air, gently baking in the hot humid early morning african sun.

This picture perfect scene remained in place as the armada steamed hard towards the coastline, with the greenish blue waves softly battering against the bows of the legion of naval warships.

This picture of beauty, peace and tranquility was abrubptly brought to its knees when suddenly all hell brought loose and the dark side of human nature and machine was unleashed in all its destructive glory as the missile boats unleashed volley upon volley of missiles towards the african soil.

Freetown - Sierra Leone

It all started off as a normal early sunny morning, hot and humid, no clouds in sight. The city maintained its typical atmosphere, with the sounds of early morrow birds, vehicles and the street markets dominating one's audio senses. No one knew of the pirate armada which was enclosing on the city nor of the missile barage which was just released. The city goers were going about their daily struggles, oblivious to the approaching death.

Then it happened.

Hundreds of missiles struck home, targeting a large variety of targets - power stations, the airport, police stations and known locations of the local militia. No unjust civilian infratructure was targeted, which did not mean they were safe. The massive amount of missiles rampaging against targets surrounded by civilians meant no one was safe, whether you were armed, unarmed, man, women, child.. none mattered and none was safe.

Mere moments after the city was ripped apart by the first missile strike, the city still burning and bleeding, still shaking from the explosions and buildings crumbling, the port was visited by hundreds and hundreds of RHIB's, offloading men in a rapid fashion. And they kept coming.

The men were wearing uniforms which could be identified as those of the Mother Earth Revolutionary Army, and carried full loads of modern weapons and combat equipment, all veterans of some or other conflict, born and bred for war, trained to perfection. The men moved through the large port area with absolute haste and precision - cutting down any human being who even slightly looked like he or she would put up resistance. The gunshots could barely be heard over the sounds of the dying city more inland, still suffering from the missile strike, but the events on the port was just as real as in the city.

Once the port was firmly under control of the assailants, heavier equipment arrived from the ships, the likes of anti air and anti tank missiles specifically. Weapons and ammo were checked and distributed, men regrouped into fighting teams, preparing hastily to launch their assualt on the city proper..

Off the coast of Freetown

All across the pirate armada, the all familiar and dreaded alarm sequence burst out with its annoying alarm noise and flashing red lights in the bridge rooms.

Air Strike Detected.

Since the 1940's naval commanders were troubled and frightened by air strikes against their water-borne craft. They had every right to be - dominant air power at sea meant the difference between victory and joining Davy Jones' locker in countess naval engagements in history. Unforunately for the pirate armada off the Sierra Leone coast - history would once again repeat itself today.

Due to the all familliar threat, engineers and scientists have spend billions upon billions of currency on a solution to the air menace over periods spanning generations - yet the threat from the skies remained very real and very dangerous.

Although the Hawk Privateers were no lower class pirates - they employed very modern and advanced equipment - and their ships were prime examples of this fact. Unfortunately for them, it would not be enough. Although they held a multi layer anti air defence system in place, of which at the forefront, was the Eagle Killer Anti Air System on the Orca Class Frigate which attempted to track incoming missiles and automatically launch a counter missile strike. Furthermore each of the warships of the armada was fitted with the Thunder X21 Electronic Warfare System, which activated when the missiles were posing an immediat threat. The targeted ships automatically initiated the self defence protocol, seeing Chaff Launchers, Flare Launchers, Radar Jammers and Signal Jammers jump to action to attempt to destroy the incoming missiles. Failing this, the Close in Weapon Systems tracked and fired upon the incoming targets automatically. Further enhancing their defence was the fact that the ships were connected to the Legend System, an integrated system which shares data between the ships, allowing the weapon systems to engage priority targets, and share a co-ordinated fire plan. Unfortunately for the pirates, the Frenchies were not here today to have picnic - they came for war. The massive range of the aircraft meant that they fired their missiles before the armada could detect them, and as they launched sea skimmer missiles with low RCS, when the armada detected the threat - it was too late.

The fleets integrated systems managed to knock out 2 of the missiles, but missed the bulk of the approaching death. 18 Missiles managed to hit home - 18 seperate cargo ships was struck in and around the massed armada. It felt like doomsday as the blue ocean tore apart from the force of the explosions, sending fire, metal and blood accross the blue surface. Some ships took a direct hit to the bridge, instantly killing the entire crew, but kept the earie burning ghost ship afloat. Others took hits to the hulls, ripping massive gaping holes in their hulls, forcing them to slowly sink, on the way to rest within Davy's locker.

The armada was in a frantic panic now, sending out availavble RHIB's to rescue survivors in the water. The majority of their attention however was attempting to pick up the radar signature of the aircraft, praying that they come into range. Revenge needs to be served.

The Battle of Freetown

The land battle of Freetown was slowly but systimattically picking up momentum and ferocity. The capture of the Port occured quickly and easily, yet the battle for the rest of the city did not follow the same trend.

Once the Bergian mercenaries entered the city, the fighting started off easily, with many of the local militia still unaware that they were in the middle of an actual invasion, mistaking the missile strikes as a large scale act of terrorist bombings, thus were found distracted and busy attending to the rescue efforts, helping the injured and fighting fires. This is the way many died when the Bergian's discovered them in their noble acts.

Not long after, the news of an actual invasion reached the ears of the militia and their mercenary friends, and the defence became slightly more intense and co-ordinated. There were even some wheeled armoured vehicles thrown into the mix, but the Bergian's utilised their MANPAD's to welcome - and wave goodbye to them.

Although a valiant defencive attempt was put up, the locals were scattered and ill prepared since this attack came as a complete surprise, therefore the Bergian's met only pockets of resistance, and used their concentrated force to dispatch them, constantly inflicting casualties and capturing ground.

The french mercenaries put up a better fight, managing to inflict decent casualties on the Bergian forces, at one location actually managing to temporarily halt the rolling assualt by utilising deadly precise sniper fire from a building. As soon as it became apparant that the deaths came as a result of a sniper, the Bergian forces allowed their years of experience and training to assist - finding the general location (or in this case building) of a sniper was easy. Finding said sniper's immediate position, and neutralising them - was not. Therefore the coordinates of the building was forwarded to the armada, who was more than happy to send a few missiles on their merry way to said building, with ruining someone's day the primary objective.

The ocean was still fresh with sinking cargo vessel, fire, oil and blood in a giant mixture of grizly death when the source of this chaos emerged from the clouds, opening fire upon the RHIB's attempting to save the drowning survivors from the unknown below, and at massed groups of floating survivors. Their fate was sealed, souls sent to old Roger in an instant - their souls departing their gruesomely torn-apart flesh. At least the rapidness of their death was a crude form of mercy - there was no time to suffer in agonising pain.

This cruel act of retaliation did however open a second chapter in the carnage of the ocean battle - the planes were now low enough and in range of the battleships still afloat and active. The radar painted them as bright red targets on the radar screens of all the active warships, which immediately sprung to action, opening fire in their attempt to silence the death above. The Orca Class Frigate with its Eagle Killer Anti Air System took the lead in the fight, attempting to electronically jam the planes and lauched a total of 3 missiles per target. The missiles launched from the ship screaming its wail of death and destruction, hoping to extract its sweet revenge.

The Battle of Freetown

Although the battle of Freetown was clearly forming into a path of clear victory & defeat, the intencity and pace of the streetfighting did not yet subside, the combined forces of the pirates and Bergian mercenaries sweeping the city street for street.

The last large scale resistance was ended with a missile strike to a building which was occupied by a hardliner group of french mercenaries, killing many in a display of grim violence. The mercenaries put up a gallant fight and caused decent casualties against the advancing Bergians, thus when their broken bodies were found, some still barely clinging to life and misery, the Bergian forces showed their respect towards their valiant enemies by mercy shots to the head.

Larger pockets of the militia started surrendering en masse around the city, immediately disarmed and secured - their lives being spared.

The city was falling rapidly now to the Bergian/pirate forces, with the militia realising the futility of resistance, many surrendering, retreating or succumbing in brief firefights. Here and there buildings were hastily occupied and used as a strong point of defence, only to meet the same missile strike fate as before. The raiders still took casualties from the sporadic street fighting, but it was clearly dying down slowly.

One of the few last remaining locations of determined resistance was around the landing area of a rescue helicopter - presumably of the mercenary forces. The militia men hastily dug in and held their ground, in what seemed to be a last stand effort. Once the bird was observed along with the valiant effort of its defence, radio calls came in for assistance. The Bergian forces complied and started rushing towards the area, attempting to reinforce the small group allready in contact. A number of these reinforcements carried along a Panther MANPAD System, hoping they will get close enough to take out the last symbol of defiance.

The missiles who franticly chased down the French fast flyers who caused so much death and destruction managed to exact their revenge for their brokenly deceased comrades who is now resting down in the locker with Davy Jones. Six of the ten killers were hit instantly, going down in a brilliant show of exploisons, fire, shattering steel and death.

Two of the pilots managed to eject in time, escaping the same final fate as their machines behind them. These two managed to eventually land on the dry coast. The hate against these two airman was massive, yet Admiral Hawk decided against wasting time and resources to hunt them down.

The remaining two planes zero'd in on a frantic panicking Jolly Roger Missile Boat, hunting missiles in tow. The stressed little naval machine fired at the approaching chaos to no avail. When the chaotic explosions ended, the two airmen and the missile boat with its entire crew alike, moved on to meet their respective creators.

The Battle of Freetown

It was official - FREETOWN HAS FALLEN.

A massive banner of the Mother Earth Revolutionary Army was hoisted on the flagpole in front of the Townhall in the city center, fresh blood still flowing down the steps leading to the damaged building, smoke still coming from the damaged building.

The streets were mostly empty, except for the recently deceased carcasses of fallen soldiers, flowing blood and burning rubble. One could still hear the roar of sporadic gunshots in the distance which forms part of the final mopping up of the final bastions of resistance.

One of these so called bastions was the landing zone of the so called rescue helicopter, the advance towards it being halted by a single mercenary - a beautifull, yet covered in blood and dirt female of french origin. This lass managed to take hostage a Bergian fighter at gunpoint. She intoduced herself as the sniper who managed to inflict heavy casualties on the raiders and temporarily grind the offensive to a temporary halt. She ranted on to the gathered raiders regarding their apparant evil nature, being murdurers and vile savages and other such insults. She then continued to demand the presence of the Officer Commanding, or she would continue to kill the captured warrior.

The gathered warriors loosely surrounded the lass, ensuring that she could not escape this predicament - and suddenly burst out in laughter. They knew that her threat was useless - the Bergian warrior she held captive was not scared of dying - in fact dying in battle was the highest form of honor. And if she indeed killed him - she would be cut apart in an instant. However the laughter died down suddenly when a large warrior, armed to the teeth and covered in blood appeared through the gathered crowd. The man spoke in a deep commanding voice, his impressive physical stature towering above the rest of his men. "Lass I can respect your skills as an warrior. You have managed to cause my forces much death and frustration, and even escaped death when we destroyed the rest of your French comrades. Those impressive feats are now being tainted with this idiotic move you are pulling now. What do you want lass? And be hasty - I have a city to finish securing."

Sierra Leone - Freetown

The city was still mostly empty as the citizens were hiding in their homes to hide from the raider forces still rushing through the streets. The fighting was basically over, however sporadic gunfire could still be heard when a raider patrol happened upon a lone militia man who was still alive and did not attempt to surrender.

Even with the city almost empty and in hiding, the streets were still bustling with activity - the pirates looting buildings of worth for their precious cargo, buildings such as banks and jewelry stores, chosen for cargo which was light haul but extremely valuable. Whilst this looting was taken place, the Bergian's was allready starting to hand over the city to the 'real' MERA troops. It was clear that the raiders were not planning on staying for much longer.

At the last point of resistance - the rescue helicopter landing zone, the Bergian reinforcements arrived and bolstered the forces already in contact. The firefight did not last much longer after this, the militia being overrun and eliminated. The battle for Freetown was then symbolically ended when a Bergian mercenary launched his Panther MANPAD, ending the grounded chopper, its occupants and the resistance in a brilliant show of exploding fire and death.

Not far from this final scene, and in view of it, the Bergians still surrounded the surrendered yet defiant Marion. The Bergian officer present was instantly agitated with their employer Jacques Demolise, as he announced that they were to vote on the fate of Marion, yet he would give the final order. What angered the officer was the fact that his Bergian troops did not vote on tactical decisions. They acted on orders from their officers, being himself. Lastly, they were told that the Bergian's held full tactical decision making privelages, which was contractually obligated. The Bergians did not take kindly to receive orders from outsiders - except from their immediate employer - whom was Admiral Hawk. And even he knew better not to interfere in the fight. The Bergian officer decided to swallow his anger and humor this Frenchy. He looked over to Marion, seeing a broken and confused yet VERY angry women. He respected this women as a fellow but opposing warrior. He looked over to his men, seeing in their eyes they felt the same.

"Mister Demolise, this women surrendered." He turned to face the defiant warrior "Believe it or not madam, we are not murderers. We are warriors in the truest sense of the word. We live and die for the glory of fair combat against fellow warriors.". He turned back to Demolise, "Our vote is to hand her over to the MERA forces alive, along with te other captured forces. There is no honor in executing a surrendering prisoner."

Freetown - Sierra Leone

This new revelation from Jacques Demolise was met with a fair amount of anger. The raiders were being set up and sent straight into a trap. The Bergians however understood the utmost vital truth of combat - that emotion had no place or time during a firefight. Anger, hatred, revenge, sadness - there would be sufficient time to feel those and act upon it when they were back home alive. Thus the Bergian officer held back the urge to gut the frenchy like a wildboar on the spot, and radio'd the armada to inform them of the new revelation. After a short period of a heated conversation - a salty one to say the least (even the devil himself would cringe at the series of salty and.. creative language used), a hasty plan was drafted and immediately acted upon.

The pirates who pillaged the city was allready at the docks, and were instructed to cease any looting operarion and board the vessels with immediate effect. Once this rapid motion occurred, the armada started setting course. The armada broke off into small groupings, the 'Packets' as the pirates named them. They started sailing off at best speed, all in different directions. They knew reprisal opperations were imminent- at least with this method the entire armada would not be destroyed and hopefully the bulk of the fleet could escape.

The Bergians were to deep inland and would take too long to reach the armada, placing the armada at risk, alomg with their own lives. Thus they decided to follow the plan of the Frenchy (whom they were still verry much angry at), and escape on land. What followed was a chaotic period where the Bergians rapidly scrambled to aqcuire transport - stealing trucks, busses and pickup's - anything and everything that could serve as reliable transport were commandeered. This turned out to be a lot of vehicles, attempting to cram 700 warriors into ad hoc transport was no easy feat.

Off the Coast of Freetown - Sierra Leone

The Armada managed to organise into their smaller groupings, or 'Packets' as the pirates have dubbed it, and started sailing of into every direction possible. Admiral Hawk himself was still onboard his flagship, frantically pushing for escape. He was not scared of a good naval duel - but he was no idiot either, he knew that they have lost the benefit of surprise and initiative, and in war that was crucial.

Freetown - Sierra Leone

The Bergian convoy started moving out of the city, rushing for the open road and eventually the border. The Bergian commander decided to follow his personal code and his gut, and not heed the advice of Jacques - the forces did not take hostages, as he felt it dishounarable to inolve unarmed civilians. He also hoped that by traveling in civilian vehicles, it would bring a measure of plain sight concealment, hopefully being mistaken for civilians.

Furthermore they were not headed for the Liberian border, but rather the border of Guinea, as it was closer from where they were - and the Bergians happened to have a contact in Guinea - a fellow Bergian mercenary company had set up shop, and could assist in the border crossing, and with a safe haven to lay low until transport could be arranged for home.

Port Emberian Broadcasting Commission

!Breaking News!

Freetown (Sierra Leone) Sacked!

The aftermath of the attack on Freetown - Sierra Leone

The capital city of Sierra Leone - Freetown came under armed attack yesterday, which left the city in ruins and thousands of people dead, and even three times more than this displaced. The attackers remains unconfirmed at this moment. However from the video footage available and the accounts from eyewitnesses, it can be specified that this attack was carried out by the Mother Earth Revolutionary Army (M.E.R.A), based on the uniforms the men were wearing and flags on display.

M.E.R.A is a infamous terror organisation known for causing large scale terror attacks, yet this attack was larger than anything they have claimed credit for in the past.

M.E.R.A. nor any other organisation or state has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. The involved forces and armada seems to have dissapeared for the time being, with no leads to follow as to where they have went. Sources has made a estimated guess that there were roughly a thousand armed men who assualted the city.

The governments of Sierra Leone and Republic of France was not available for comment at the time of broadcast.

The Republic of Port Ember has not made any specific statement yet, but does convey their hopes of condolences to the deceased.

Several eyewitnesses who were present within the city described the attack to the P.E.B.C journalists, as no single source could account for the entire event, thus the described events to follow might not be 100% factual:

Sequence of Events: The Raid on Freetown

- A large armada of unspecified size of appeared off the coast of Freetown, suddenly appearing from nowhere. It is unclear how such a large grouping of vessels could get so close to land without being spotted by radar and enacting some sort of defensive response.

- At around 08:00am the armada launched their attack on the city, launching several missile strikes from their ships onto the city. The sheer scale and level of violence combined with utter surprise rocked the entire city, throwing the capital into complete disarry and chaos.

- Immediately following this initial missile barage, armed men landed at the Port of Freetown, and continued to capture the Port from the shocked local stationed militia who attempted to defend their land.

- At around 08:30am these armed men started flooding into the streets of Freetown proper. According to eyewitness they seemed to focus their violence against members of the local militia and their infrastructure.

- At around 09:15am it appears a battle broke out at sea, with eyewitnesses indicating that multiple massive explosions rocked the attacking armada, causing massive damage. Immediately following this, explosions could be heard and seen in the air, with two parachutes visibly following immediately. It appears as if the French Navy attempted to interfere by using aircraft stationed from a nearby aircraft carrier. It seems a large number of ships were sunk in this intervention, approcimately 18 ships of unknown type. It also seems as if 6 French aircraft were downed in this same attack.

- The developments at sea did not halt the land offensive, and the battle in the streets intensified as the local militia attemped to reorganise and attempted to offer resistance, in co-orperation with a large French Mercenary grouping (alledgedly). The Sierra Leone forces slowed the offensive with armoured vehicles and accurate sniper fire, yet this brave attempt was reversed when the attackers countered with shoulder fired anti tank missiles, and more missile strikes from their armada. This counter attack seemed to have broken the will of the resistance and the attackers captured the city almost effortlessly from there.

- At around 12:00 the city was under the firm control of the invaders, and widespread looting occured, mostly focused on financial institutions and jewelry stores.

- At around 13:00 the invaders seemed to withdraw with extreme haste. The armada sailed away, breaking into different groups and directions, whereas the land forces stole civilian vehicles and drove out of the city with haste, into an unknown direction.

Broadcast by Dave Jonas - P.E.B.C
Last edited by Port Ember on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Port Ember
Ambassador

The Hunt for the Honshu (Concluded)

Postby Port Ember » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:27 pm

This RP Thread is the resultant story of the IC Contract between the Hawks and Jaragupta. As this was a multi-player RP, the applicable responses from the other RP'ers have been included in spoilers at the relevant places.

The Hunt for the Honshu

Secret Base of The Hawk Privateers, located on an unknown island off the coast of Port Ember

Captain Finigan stood upon the small hill topside of the docks, in the 'powerstance position' which he had learned during his service years in the fine Port Emberian Navy. The stance was simple - his feet placed shouldwidth apart, with his hands intertwined behind his back, chest out, stomach in, neck against his collar. He was silently observing the bustling activity below, as the men of the company went about their individual bussiness of preparing the ships for their next contract, with a faint smile.

The captain had a secret feeling of pride and joy, yet also of nervousness. He had been selected by Admiral Hawk to fill the duties of Raid Commander for their next contract, and what a contract it was! A contract to sink a nation's naval warships was always a difficult one, more so if said warship was a fucking aircraft carrier. Captain Finigan felt a slight urge of stress pass through him again, as he pondered the ugly nature of facing off against such a nasty opponent, especially since he would not have the Navy's massive support system behind him this time, only the experience and strength of will of his fellow pirates. The stress left his body again, as he comforted himsef in the knowledge that he knew his fellow pirates well, and trusted the centuries worth of combined naval warfare experience between them. He also knew and trusted his assigned equipment well.

Later that day the individual ship captains joined him in the briefing room, located in the 'town' on the secret island, running through the detailed - and very cunning, plan for the last time, to ensure everyone knew what was expected from them at all times. They also plotted the location of their prize on their maps, which was generously obtained from a secret contact within the Port Emberian Navy, obtained from a spy satelite.

That night the men gathered in the 'Tavern' and immersed themselves fully in the pleasures which only spiced rum and women's company could provide, possibly for the last time for some of the men gathered there.

The following morning, 1 Rydell Class Cargo Vessel and 6 Jolly Roger Class Missile Boats left the pirate port, steaming hard for the Northeast Wishton Sea.

Hawk Privateer's Pirate Fleet
International Waters - Approaching the Northeast Wishton Sea

Onboard the Rydell Class Cargo Ship, SS Madrid

Captain Finigan was seated in the bridge, sipping on a mug of coffee which was strong enough to kill lesser men outright, while occassionally dragging upon his thick rum-infused cigar. He had a slight frown upon his brow, which looked odd, considering he also wore a faint smile on his dry lips. He frequently stared into the vast open ocean around him, and could not help but feel at home. The ocean was the one place he could always feel at home.

Open in front of the captain was a thick leather file folder, containing all the neccesary paperwork to ensure his genuis plan worked out. Papers like his cargo manifest - declaring a shipment of medical supplies, and registration papers declaring his vessel as a spanish trader, contracted by thr Red Cross, to deliver its cargo at the port of Gyani. It all seemed very legit. Offcourse the papers said nothing about the hidden storeroom of top level military kit and weapons, nor about the fact that each crew member was pirates with years of military and naval experience.

The captain continued to open his secure computer tablet, to stare at the gorgeous satelite photo - complete with co-ordinates, of the aircraft carrier Honshu. The captain's big fat prize.

The captain knew that when he completed his contract, he and his men will be rich. Decently rich in fact. And more importantly - gain favour from his employer, Admiral Hawk. And that alone is worth more than a ton of gold.

The captain looked upon the empty radar screen, knowing that although they could not be seen, they were there. 6 Jolly Roger Class Missile Boats. Those little buggers are the real threat of the day, and the key to sinking a carrier. Their small build and stealth features would make them invisible to their prize, until its too late.. The captain could feel it in his bones - a glorious day is rising soon, as his cargo ship ever approaches their target.

Rydell Class Cargo Ship - SS Madrid

Captain Crusuo was standing right behind the ship's navigator at the radar screen, clearly tensed. The fact that the radar should have already picked up the Honsho by now weighed heavilly on his mind. If the leaked co-ordinates was wrong and his prize were not where he was led to believe, he would be forced to sail up and down the ocean in search for her, which would look obviously suspicious and mess around with his carefull and detailed plans, putting his entire fleet at risk. The Captain was visibly sweating due to all the internal turmoil building up inside of him.

Luckily for the Captain, his stare-down with the radar screen paid off, as a sudden blip appeared on screen, at the exact co-ordinates which was given to him. Seconds after the blip appeared, the entire crew on the bridge celebrated, shouting out various cheers and proceeded to high-five each other.

The Captain ordered the helmsman to correct the ship's path, to steer them directly towards the blip. He quickly ensured that the vessel's radio's were on and switched to their highest volume setting. He lit a fat rum imfused cigar, before thinking out loud "And now we wait.."

Elsewhere in International Waters

Below the horizon, sailing softly behind the SS Madrid was the six Jolly Roger Class Missile Boats under command of the Captain Crusuo. These small killers maintained radio silence, whilst not using any radar, sonar or transmitters, sailing slowly.. Therefore they were invisible to any radar or sonar looking for them. They were called the Ghost Squad, according to the typical dry pirate humor. They only awaited their time and orders before they could gain their glory and wealth, slowly creeping towards their given co-ordinates.

P.A.S Type V-322E Jurōjin-Class Aircraft Carrier Honshu - Bridge
International Waters

"Kapitana, we're picking up strange signals in and around the proximity of our vessel.", said a young Chinese officer to his superior.

Kapitana, or Miss-Captain, Naing Yadanar, was a middle-aged woman of dark skin complexion; her somewhat British accent and British pronunciation of certain words reflected that she hailed from the Burmese Soviet Socialist Republic. She was the Naval commander of the Honshu, and she had been so since '91: she had commanded the mighty ship through the darkest of nights and the harshest of days, through mire and stream, from Africa to the Middle-East. But the tiny blips appearing and disappearing on the radar of her ship's interior sent shivers down her spine nonetheless; every battle could be the ship's last and this was perhaps the Honshu's most dangerous endeavor yet.

"Kapitana, it could just be solar interference.", retorted one of the other Chinese officers within her proximity.

"No," replied the Captain.

"That's them."

Naing's gut-feeling drove her to send distress signals on both the ISVC and PASAF channels, calling for potential Maritime support of any kind. With most of the People's Maritime Army deployed elsewhere, such as in Malta or Rapture or in the Caribbean in line with Operation Sea Gypsy, it was likely for the PASAF not to return the call. The ISVC's fleet was nearly all she could hope for in terms of reinforcement.

The Honshu had a particularly vulnerable hull, architectural errors that dated back to its service in the Third Pacific War that were due for revision, but had always been at the bottom of the list. In short, the Honshu wasn't the best the Pan-Asiatic States had to offer, but its crew had to make do with what they had.

On board the Honshu was entire Air Squadron of the People's Air Force, defensive detachments of the reconnaissance wing which had scouted for the ISVC during the initial phases of the operation. The aircraft carrier immediately maneuvered itself away from Jaragupta's maritime border, and signaled its Airmen to assume battle-stations. Naval bombers were prepped for combat, and depth charges were primed for release. The Oriental Standard on each plane seemed to glitter in the moonlight.

A violent but muffled curse word escaped from the lips of Captain Crusuo when the navigator informed him that he has just observed the on-screen blip starting to move away from its original position. He was certain they knew something now, or they are just playing things suspiciously safe. He knew he could not now change his vessel's bearing without alerting suspicion - he was masquarading as a innocent trade vessel after all. He looked at his watch, quickly making a rough calculation regarding the position of his Ghost Squad.

The entire bridge was filled with a earie silince while the captain ran through his mental calculations. Captain Crusuo suddenly broke the silence as he turned to face his crew, using his deep authoritive voice he has learned in his naval past "Asian chickens are running. Don't worry lads - the Black will be raised today still!". The captain grabbed the radio handset and broadcasted over all open channels:

"Unknown vessel located on my north eastern bearing, traveling north east, this is El Kapitan Alveréz, Master of the SS Madrid - we are in distress - I say again, We are in distress!! Please respond!" The captain used his best attempt to mimmick a spanish accent as he spoke on the radio, which was not difficult, as all Port Emberians spoke Esperanto from birth, which was remarkably simmilar to spanish.

P.A.S Type V-322E Jurōjin-Class Aircraft Carrier Honshu
The Honshu was now at its maximum velocity, steering Southeast of the Jaraguptan archipelago, hoping to buy more time for the Airmen to organize themselves. Nevertheless, they could not fire upon the enemy unless they fired first - partly because the Kapitana knew little about the enemy's displacement, but primarily because they did not want to cause an international incident.

The Honshu signaled a warning that they would open-fire if the alien vessel got too close, a message transmitted via Morse Code and Bridge-light. Under the black July sky, such a message could be seen from miles away.

What felt like seconds after the Captain broadcasted, the prize responded with a stern warning, both in morse code and with a Bridge-light. The Captain bust into laughter and mumbled something that sounded like "Got ya!"

The prize has just given her exact coordinated position away, both by breaking radio silence and transmitting, and with a literal beacon of light. "Once more for good luck.."

As the captain reached for the radio, the navigator announced in an excited tone "Captain, Prize has altered her bearing, steaming hard south east." The captain could not be more pleased. They were sailing closer towards his hidden Ghost Squad..

The captain once more grabbed the radio handset and transmitted on all open channels. ""Unknown vessel located on my north eastern bearing, traveling south east, this is El Kapitan Alveréz, Master of the SS Madrid, a civilian merchant vessel - we are in distress - I say again, We are in distress!! Please respond! Please we mean no harm - we are in distress!!"

P.A.S Type V-322E Jurōjin-Class Aircraft Carrier Honshu - Bridge
"Honshu to Urduja! Repeat, Honshu to Urduja! We are in need of immediate Naval ordinance to support our retreat, or we are in risk of zero-case outcome. Please acknowledge, over!"

With a hostile target in hot pursuit of the vessel, and possibly more hostiles having been alerted to its presence already, the Honshu was transmitting distress signals through coded channels with notable urgency, travelling at record velocities, hoping to maneuver itself out of the area of operations. Urduja was the codename of the Jaraguptan operation's Commander-in-Chief for the Pan-Asiatic forces, Datu Suou Kaori. With the infiltration of the Kingdom largely in the works already, the Honshu, as a singular naval entity had fulfilled its purpose.

On the bridge, a couple of young People's Maritime Army officers chattered in the background of the ship's loud engine, to the symphony of 21st Century navigation technology. The steel behemoth's quaking trail led the two to grab on to the ship's sturdy tables every once in a while.

"Zero-case outcome? What does that mean?", asked one of them, a green-eyed, dark-skinned ethnic Libyan dressed in Asian Communist Party garb.

"It means getting fucked.", responded his co-worker, a maritime political officer.

"33 knots, Captain!", exclaimed one of the Engineering charge d'affaires on the bridge.

Northeast Wishton Sea
The Hunt for the Honshu - Part 6

On board the Rydell Class Cargo Ship - SS Madrid

Captain Finigan was positively frustrated at the developing situation. He had misread the possible actions of the commies - he had hoped that they would respond to his distress call and close distance to his vessel, where he would have attempted to ambush and hijack the carrier. Stealing a carrier would have immortalised him and his crew. But alas - the cowards were running instead. Luckily he had a Plan B in place, it was not as arrogant and bold as Plan A - but it was still a glorious plan... Sink the shits.

Due to the previous communication and actions from the Honshu, the ship was still shining brightly on the radar screen of the SS Madrid. This data was shared with the six Missile Boats under Finigan's command, lying low under the radar, awaiting orders.

Captain Finigan considered his next steps very carefully - taking on a aircraft carrier with six missile boats was no easy feat, one mistake or wrong calculation would mean certain death. However he felt confident that it was plausible, as he was tracking his prize on radar, so no surprise as to where she was. Furthermore she was alone, no other ship to contend with. Lastly, the commies have made one massive and fatal flaw - they did not launch any of her birds into the sky - the only real threat that could derail his plans.

Once Captain Finigan decided firmly that Plan B was now in effect, a single drop of sweat formed on his forehead - the only physical evidence that he was scared shitless of what was about to unfold. Things happened quickly after this decision was made. Radio silence was finally broken as the target coordinates were confirmed with the missile boats. Once he received comfirmation that all involved knew where the running carrier was, a simple command over the private radio net allowed all hell to break loose, "Raise the Black lads".

The six Jolly Roger Class Missile Boats unleashed hell without hesitation - each of the vessels launching 04 "Starling Anti Ship missiles, to a total of 24. These little guys were traveling towards their target at subsonic speeds at a altitude of 10 meters above the blue ocean. Once they arrived on the vissible horizon of their target, they would drop down to a 4 meter altitude and accelerating to supersonic speeds, with their 150Kg High Exposive / Armor Piercing Core warheads. Modern sea skimming missile technology at its finest.

This was not the end of it however, as the real danger was launched immediately behind the Starling missile strike - a total of 6 "Dragon Slayer" Anti Ship Missiles. These big guys were traveling towards their target at subsonic speeds at a altitude of 10 meters above the blue ocean. Once they arrived on the vissible horizon of their target, they would drop down to a 4 meter altitude and accelerating to supersonic speeds, with their 300Kg High Exposive / Armor Piercing Core warheads. Modern sea skimming missile technology at its finest.

They were fired in this method for a specific reason - if a vessel picks up incoming missiles, it would focus on the first ones it sees - in this case the numurous and light "Starling" missiles, allowing the heavyweight "Dragon Slayer" missiles to get through and hit their target - and with such a heavy warhead, sinking its target is almost assured. A tried and tested Port Emberian Navy tactic.

The entire pirate armada held their breaths in anticipation, waiting to see whether they will be victorious, or whether they just signed their own death warrants.

P.A.S Type V-322E Jurōjin-Class Aircraft Carrier Honshu
Northeast Wishton Sea
The Hunt for the Honshu - Part 7

"Urduja to Honshu, I repeat, Urduja to Honshu, sit tight; fast-action response fleets are at your disposal and are en route to your location. You are authorized to deploy heavy ordinance. Fire at will."

Celebrations were not in order. Just as the first transmissions from the oncoming reinforcement fleet were relayed to the Honshu's bridge officers, surface-level anti-ship missiles from the privateer fleet combusted mere meters near the Honshu's propulsion drive. The Honshu, was, after all, one of the Pan-Asiatic Maritime Army's largest cruisers, but nevertheless, it could not sustain damages from a coordinated barrage for too long. The swift maneuvers of the ship's veteran captain were not enough either. The crew knew they were sitting ducks.

Mobilizing before the second enemy strike could deal major damage, two Euroasiatic T335/SH-2 Maritime Bombers were manned by the brazen airmen of the Honshu - two crews who had earned their wings during covert operations against the Zionist Air Force in occupied Palestine, more than a year ago. Florentino "Scavenger" JZ-11s tailed and flanked the counter-attack squadron, flying at a steep-enough altitude to allow the Euroasiatic bombers to unleash their depth charges.

The moment the Port Embrian privateers unleashed their second barrage, the People's Air Force knew exactly where their enemies were. On the deck of the Honshu havoc ensued the detonation of Port Embrian ordinance, weapons were fired too soon and the follow-up strike pierced through a majority of the hull. The Honshu's primary propulsion combusted. The vessel began to tilt and sink.

In the air, the winged avengers of the People's Army ruthlessly, and precisely, defied the harsh Wishton winds to unleash their payload. Ten consecutive guided maritime charges sought-out the missile-boats, followed by a deadly strafing run by the determined JZ-11s. The explosive, incendiary rounds of the multirole fighters could pierce through thick metal; the most modern combat ordinance which the Ministry of Defense could provide.

The command-and-control systems of the Honshu remained operational, but not for too long. The bridge had suffered a heavy blow from the Jolly Rogers, and the captain was severely wounded by a piece of shrapnel which his lower stomach had caught. The Honshu transmitted its location to the entire ISVN. The situation had deteriorated from a possible zero-sum outcome, to an inevitable zero-sum outcome. The depths of the Northeast Wishton Sea slowly ate-away the hull of the majestic Honshu.

"Urduja to Honshu. It's a beautiful ship, but you don't have to go down with it."

The high-pitched voice of the Operation's commanding officer beamed through the burning telecommunications system. As the on-ship surgeons attempted surgery on their captain, on a collapsing bridge in the middle of nowhere, they sighted the impossible. From the mists of the Southeast, several ships bearing the Oriental Standard seemed to be taking form. Nobody could believe what they saw.

Leading the emergence of the reinforcements was the P.A.S Type BBK-086B Qing-Class Battleship Kim Il-Sung, a sight to behold. The Kim Il-Sung's Sakuradite-propulsion systems were the envy of many a nation's navy: professional engines which could brave the darkest of storms, and the highest of crests. Atop was Kataas-taasang Almirante (Großadmiral) Winardi Yongliang, a middle-aged, slim commander of the People's Maritime Army. From his binoculars, he sighted the burning Honshu. Immediately, he sortied 2 of 6 Sapa-class Submarines to surface and rescue the crew, as the Kim Il-Sung and a few other Battlecruisers launched a counter-barrage of guided missiles.

Northeast Wishton Sea
The Hunt for the Honshu - Part 8

On board the Rydell Class Cargo Ship - SS Madrid

Every single man and women part of the pirate armada held their breath in anticipation the second the missile volley's were launched at their big fat target, Captain Finigan included. In fact, he was the most tense and his ghost-white knuckles from stranious fist clenching was testiment to this fact. Lucklily for the breathless sailors it would not be too long of a wait - the legion of anti ship missiles struck home, lighting up the horizon in a blinding flash. A carefull observer could even hear the feint roars of the continious explosions ripping through their prize - even at this great distance. One could only imagine the pure hell and torture it must have been to actually been present on the carrier!

Captain Finigan took a deep breath, visibly relaxing, his stress giving way to pure joy - a ragtag group of missile boats and dirty pirates managed to accomplish the unthinkable - They actually sank a fucking Aircraft Carrier!!! No matter what follows next - enternal glory has been earned, and their rightfull honor as seafaring legends deserved. Captain Finigan announced slowly in his signature dry and deep voice to the stone silent members of his bridge, The Honshu now belongs to Davy Jones.." His announcement was met with loud cheers and applause, quick and furious celebration. The feeling of joy and glory was unexplainable.

Their moment of glory would not last however, as the warning sirens went of glaring, flashing its ominious red lights. "Two Fast Flyers approaching hard for the Ghost Squad!", the erratic radio opperator announced. It was no lie - the so called 'Ghost Squad' - the six Jolly Roger Class Missile Boats who lay quite a distance from the SS Madrid received the same sadistic treatment from their warning signals. Mere moments later the 'Fast Flyers' were in range and engaging in combat with the pirate armada, ripping metal and human flesh alike apart. Although they were taking serious damage, they were no helpless sheep - and all the still able boats launched their surface-to-air missiles, alongside their 76mm and 40mm Close in Weapon System barrages in return, hoping to share their missery. If this was not enough on its own - the warning signals detected a legion of incoming - a gigantic missile barrage from an previous unknown source. It was pure instinct that forced the salty seadogs to accept their fate - they knew that the incoming barrage was too large and deadly to counter - their fate and Davy Jones were all firmly intertwined. Without orders or hesitation, the still able boats launched their entirety of remaining anti ship missiles into the direction of the newly arrived asian fleet, hoping to make final statement.

Blood, fire, explosions and death was the only remainder of the pirate fleet after the missile barrage hit it hard. The ship defences did its best to counter the incoming threat - but it was just too much to effectively stop. The destructive wrath which lay waste to the missile boats were instant and final.

Back onboard the SS Madrid, a single tear rolled down the left cheek of Captain Finigan - the only physical sign of his internal turmoil and pain. He was completely overcome with feelings of pure sadness, anger and hate. He did not understand where the reinforcements came from - the Honshu was supposed to be alone!! He felt betrayed and hatefull - someone was going to pay in blood for this - even if it took his life. But revenge could only be paid whilst he was alive, thus he took the only viable option - run. His ship still had the advantage of appearing as a innocent spanish merchant ship as he did not actively engage in the fight, and he hoped that this would save him and his ship. He continued on course towards shore.
Last edited by Port Ember on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Port Ember
Ambassador

The Capture of Simón Macías (Concluded)

Postby Port Ember » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:51 am

This RP Thread relates directly to the IC Contract between the Hawk Privateers and New East Columbia

The Capture of Simón Macías

Excerpt from the diary of Captain Jason Status - A captain employed by the Hawk Privateers

Entry 1

Today I was summoned to report to the office of Adjutant Peter Snyders. I had nothing to fear, as I knew I was on my best behaviour since my arrival - and my feeling turned out to be true, as I was assigned my first job as Raid Commander for a pending contract. Turns out that the Adj is not such a devilwhore as described during tavern-talk. Aye he does seem like a strict dog, but he also seems fair. Even borderline nice at times.

It was about bloody time I got my first contract - the other raid commanders who have completed jobs before was starting to look down on me as I did not yet have the oppertunity to prove myself like they did. So I finally can silince their mocks!

The tasks I was chosen for is an interesting one. I am to hunt down a unarmed container ship, board it and capture one Mister Simón Macías - alongside his briefcase, and hand him over to our contact. We have been requested to not raid the vessels cargo and not to sink the vessel

So later during the day I met the Admiral in the fancy Conference Room in the historic Villa and had to present him my plan. This is one aspect I immensely respect and enjoy from being part of the Hawk's, and no longer the Navy, is the fact that I can present my own plan, and literally choose my own vessel(s), equipment, weapons and even crew. So the plan I presented to the Admiral was short and sweet:

Mission:

I am to sail to the Atlantic Ocean and search for the container ship named the MS National. This vessel is to be boarded, and the man named Simón Macías is to be captured alive, alongside his briefcase labeled ES T-RG1A and handed over to Agent X. The vessel is not to be sunk on completion.

Situation:

The targetted vessel will be traveling between the Port of Atlantic City and the Santo Domingo Harbor in the Atlantic Ocean. The vessel is traveling without escort, but the local coast guard authorities cannot be deemed as friendly. The vessel is owned and operated by the Piedmont Justice Government Corporation, and it hosts a crew of 26. Intelligence dictates that they will he lightly armed in the form of pistols and perhaps submachine guns. Furthermore, intelligence dictates that only two crew members are retired mercenaries, thus the majority of the crew has no serious military/law enforcement backgrounds or training.

Threats:

The target, the container vessel MS National is an unarmed merchant ship, and crewed by atleast 26 crew members, most probably armed with civilian level weaponry, like pistols, and submachine guns. This crew is suspected to be mostly untrained in the art of war, however two highly trained mercenaries are rumoured to be part of the crew.

Furthermore the area in which we will operate is an coastal area, thus the local Coast Guard may interfere in the operation. The target vessel itself is not escorted by any other vessel.

Requested Equipment:

Vessel(s): I request to utilise 01 x Rydell Class Cargo ship as my mothership, with 4 x RHIB's onboard. The ship is to be registered under a German registration, masquarading as a tradership, delivering optic fibre cabling equipment to the port of Santo Domingo.

Crew: I submited a list of 30 crew members whom I want to form part of this mission, which includes the vessel's crew and the boarding party.

Weapons:

- 10 x CSR-21 rifles for self defence purposes of the crew;

- 20 x SMG-21SF's as the main weapons of the Boarding Party;

- 20 x CSP-21 pistols as secondaries for the Boarding Party;

- 10 x Panther MANPAD Systems for anti air/ship defence.

- Various explosives, ranging from smoke/flashbang/HE grenades.

- Sufficient Ammo for above mentioned firearms.

Cargo

- Sufficient fuel/water/food/medical supplies for 50 days at sea, as to cancel the need to dock and resupply.

- Optic Fibre Cabling Equipment to fit in with our cover story

Intelligence Assistance:

I requested a hired asset to masquarade as a fisherman in the target waters to find the target vessel and forward its co-ordinates to my ship.

The Admiral seemed impressed with my plan and approved all aspects of it. Thus I am now off to the tavern to enjoy a few bottles of my favourite spiced rum before I start my search for some female companionship, before we head for sea in the morrow.

Entry 2

We have been at sea now for little over a week and have crossed into the Carribean Sea yesterday early morning. So far there has been no serious issues, as the ship is running as smoothly as a baby's bottom, and the crew has not displayed the faintest discipline challenges. We have also been blessed with fair weather and calm sea's for our entire journey so far.

We have been blessed so far to such an extent that we have not been approached by any coast guard or navy vessels. It has been a quite journey devoid of any sort of drama!

We have also received some brilliant news - our locally hired asset has discoverd the location of our Prize and has forwarded me the co-ordinates! We are currently sailing hard for that location, and if all goes well, we will finalise our contract tonight still!!

Entry 3

Glory to the Jolly Roger!

We picked up the radar contact of the MS National tonight, exactly where our asset informed us that they would be. We continued to make radio contact with her, imforming her that we were passing through to the nearest port and were simple traders. The Prize fell for our cover story and thought nothing of our presence.

At about 3am I led the Boarding Party as we launched two RHIBS to storm the prize, with a total of 20 pirates. She did not even make radar contact with the RHIBS due to their speed and small profiles. Using the cover of the moonless night and the ungodly hour to our advantage, we managed to board the target without being discovered and managed not to alert the crew.

The one deckside sentry on duty noticed us too late, and could not reach for his submachine guns in time, and were slaughtered with our silinced firearms before he could raise the alarm. We continued to storm the 'bridge' and captured the three men inside without TOO much drama. One of the men put up a decent fight and managed to break Johnny's nose. Most probally one of the Mercs we were warned about.. We chose him to interrogate and he turned out to be a strong lad. He refused to speak, even after we broke a few bones of him. He finally cracked when we were halfway with cutting his testicles off.. He provided us with the precise cabin in which Simón Macías resided in. We thanked him by providing him with a quick painless death as we slit his throat. We binded and gagged the two survivors as we continued with our quest.

Below decks we went and were fortunate enough to discover that the rest of the crew were asleep and we managed to not wake them, saving them from being slaughtered. We quickly found our target man and knocked him out with a serum. We found his steel briefcase which was part of the contract easily in his cabin, and we swiftly and silently carried him to our RHIBS.

We wasted no time in taking the target to shore, where we handed his comotose yet healthy body to our government contact, concluding our mission. Once we were back onboard our vessel, we set course for home. A glorious day for the Black!!

Return to NationStates