NATION

PASSWORD

[R] ICE Detains U.S. Citizen

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

[R] ICE Detains U.S. Citizen

Postby Gormwood » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:21 pm

Flaming.

Scomagia wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Meanwhile, they'll just keep trucking along and doing what they do
2. You act as if this will have a happy ending before things fall into chaos. There's no guarantee that things will turn out ok, nor is there a guarantee that things will go to hell, but I personally prefer taking as many actions as possible to avoid the latter.
3. We get it, you don't think locking up asylum seekers, naturalized citizens, legal immigrants, and US citizens, as well as sending their kids away into the foster system leaving them being unable to speak or walk is a big deal.

You know, you've been very fucking rude about assuming my motivations. I've never said any of the things you're assuming I believe. Fuck off with that noise. I haven't assumed your motivations and I certainly haven't assumed the worst faith reasons for your position. I'm trying to have a conversation. You're just trying to vomit talking points and smear anyone you perceive as not being on your "side". I don't have the time or patience to bother addressing you if this is how you're going to carry on.
Last edited by Gormwood on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:32 pm

National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:35 pm

Appeal. I have seen "fuck that noise" and variations used many, many times. Had I thought that phrase would be interpreted as flaming, I wouldn't have used it. I was trying not to flame against what, honestly, could be interpreted as flamebaiting.
Insert trite farewell here

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:46 pm

New haven america wrote:
Scomagia wrote:1.That depends on what the courts find. The lawsuit could very well result in further investigation into practices, followed by further consequences based on the findings.

2. I swear, you people act like democratic republics have never gotten up to funny business before and been subsequently bitch-slapped by their own internal systems. Processes exist for addressing problems in the republic. They've been used before to good effect.

3. Or you can go on believing this is a major catastrophe that has no remedy without some rash and radical behavior like abolishing ICE or whatever happens to be the meme of the day. Whichever you prefer.

1. Meanwhile, they'll just keep trucking along and doing what they do
2. You act as if this will have a happy ending before things fall into chaos. There's no guarantee that things will turn out ok, nor is there a guarantee that things will go to hell, but I personally prefer taking as many actions as possible to avoid the latter.
We get it, you don't think locking up asylum seekers, naturalized citizens, legal immigrants, and US citizens, in concentration camps as well as sending their kids away into the foster system leaving them being unable to speak or walk is a big deal.

New haven america wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Yes. I understand there's a lot of misery involved. That still doesn't make the scenario I was responding to any less ridiculous. But I guess nothing can be nuanced, can it? A situation can't be bad and in need of reform, it has to be literally the worst possible thing ever or not a problem at all. :roll:

Or, people like you are just trying to downplay the fact that the US has concentration camps and is in the middle of a human rights abuse not seen in the Western World since the Cold War.

"Guys, it's not that bad, we're just abusing and degrading people who're trying to escape crime and violence, and creating a group of US citizens who'll never be able to walk or talk. You're making too big a deal out of this, all we need is some reforms here and there and everything will be fine~"

Flamebaiting. Those are not my positions nor is that a good faith interpretation of my posts.
US-SSR wrote:Abolish ICE. Abolish CBP.

Spam.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:04 pm

To me, this looks like an intense disagreement rather than a rules violation. Appeal granted, but that's not flamebait or spam that you quoted in your second post.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:15 pm

Thank you, Monitor.

Return to Moderation